IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

Could it just be that the “unicorn” these men think they want are actually annoying, vain, empty-headed? Maybe they get tired of having someone always being high maintenance, cooking, cleaning, obsessed with interior decorating, being passive sex objects, asking them for advice, sucking up to their ego, etc. it’s all the things they think women are dumb for but in a prettier package. 

Now he’s stuck with the monster he helped create and has to stick with it.

• Upvote 11

I shamelessly stole this off of a Reddit post, but it's VERY interesting indeed. So much for the "feminine family."

w3s6zzbmiwk41.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, kaluce said:

Grant's twitter follows: image.thumb.png.7dffbee2fdef198b19473f081d39001b.png

And his youtube subs: https://www.youtube.com/user/supermansprmn/channels?view=56&shelf_id=0

Also his stare is so creepy, but I've never seen him look more invested in anything: image.png.df9be7581fcde460518720a077b4a48e.png

I think he has a crush on the cheeto president

Haha of course he's a Trump fanboy. And what's that on his plate, at least a pound of hashbrowns and what-- three, four?-- eggs? Damn haha. I know Caitlin must get an ego boost when people say, "Wow, why is SHE with HIM? He's so lucky!" but at some point she's got to take a step back and wonder why she's binge-feeding a man who looks like an adult-size chubby baby and looks far more excited about Trump's press releases than anything she does to try to maintian his attention.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm new to the Mrs. Midwest parts of the Internet - 

1.) What does "redpill' mean? What does a redpill woman mean? 

2.) Has Mrs. Midwest always been like this? Did she become this extreme when she got married or has she always been this way? I've seen people on reddit talk about the college she went to and these people have gone to or are going to the same college she went to and they said that most students aren't as extreme as Mrs. Midwest and that she's a rarity compared to everyone else who have gone there so I am really curious as to how she arrived here. 

This is what the term  " red pill " means , in this context . https://www.businessinsider.com/the-red-pill-reddit-2013-8?op=1  As to your other question , from what I have read , the college she attended " Calvin University " does tend towards the conservative end of the Reformed faith . I am not entirely sure if it officially promotes Christian Reconstructionism ,  in its curriculum , however it is admittedly influenced by Abraham Kuyper . { https://calvin.edu/publication/spark/2013/09/01/abraham-kuyper-modern-calvinist-christian-democrat?dotcmsredir=1  ,  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Kuyper }  But even if Mrs. Midwest is a Kinist , as some including myself have speculated about , this would still be extreme , even by their religious right viewpoint . 

Edited by Marmion
  • Thank You 2

I was bored this morning, and decided to check out her '10 Unladylike Behaviors: Mistakes to Avoid" videos. It's a 2 part series, but I just mashed them together.

We begin with the usual disclaimer:
You don't have to be ladylike, but there's a large audience of women who want to learn how to act ladylike.

At the heart of ladylike behavior, you have a set of standards/behaviors that reflect feminity, professionalism, social refinement, elegance and maturity.
Professionalism? You mean, like... a career?! :faint: 
But she always pay lip service to the notion that women don't have to be SAHW's, and yet her Twitter tells her truth.

This also gave me a laugh (who is her audience???):
"And no one might have told you this, but we live in a world full of people with different beliefs, values, cultures and behaviors."

So! Here we are: 10 Unladylike behaviours, per Caitlin:

Spoiler

1. Dominating conversation*
2. Chronic messiness
3. Social climbing*
4. Slouching
5. Excessive lateness*
6. Oversharing online*
7. Excessive complaining and whining*
8. Overly aggressive and combative attitude*
9. Being glued to your phone, literally and figuratively*
10. Impulse control (she was able to control her impulses because of God, and has no recommendations for how to do that from a non-Biblical standpoint)*

* I feel these are good ideas for humans in general, not just someone who wants to be a 'lady'. I know I cringe when people - male or female - vaguebook or post about their messy breakups.

Watching these videos that seemed to last forever... she seems to just talk for the sake of filling time. Lots of reiteration, too.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Really? She lectures us on oversharing online?

I personally think one sign of the End Times is the death of irony. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On her channel, she dominates the conversation and passive aggressively whines and complains that society doesn't value femininity. Yeah, her sense of irony is dead. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

On her channel, she dominates the conversation and passive aggressively whines and complains that society doesn't value femininity. Yeah, her sense of irony is dead. 

She also claimed that being a Christian made her 'counter cultural', so yep.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I was astounded when I heard a reasonable, intelligent, highly educated mainstream minister (with a doctorate in psychology) use this expression.

• Upvote 2

On 3/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, AmericanRose said:

This also gave me a laugh (who is her audience???):
"And no one might have told you this, but we live in a world full of people with different beliefs, values, cultures and behaviors."

I worked with a young woman (early 20s) who frequently referenced her mom, a professor, and what the mom would have done in situations that popped up at our work.  Frankly, her mom sounded like an obnoxious hard ass and the kind of parent who raised her kid to believe, "It can only be done this way, MY WAY.  There is no other way." 

I always wanted to explain to her that there are billions of people in the world who WEREN'T raised by her mother and that her mother's world view was not universally appreciated. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Howl said:

I worked with a young woman (early 20s) who frequently referenced her mom, a professor, and what the mom would have done in situations that popped up at our work.  Frankly, her mom sounded like an obnoxious hard ass and the kind of parent who raised her kid to believe, "It can only be done this way, MY WAY.  There is no other way." 

I always wanted to explain to her that there are billions of people in the world who WEREN'T raised by her mother and that her mother's world view was not universally appreciated. 

I'm so grateful that I read a lot as a kid, and that no one tried to restrict my reading material. I can only imagine how annoying I would have turned out!

But hey, at least the 'feminine family' (what does that even mean) has her to explain that people are different!

• Upvote 7

On 3/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, AmericanRose said:

I just remembered seeing something that might explain where Mrs. Midwest got this notion from .  

• Upvote 1

I don’t understand how she can call herself a “blogger”. Her latest post is a handful of video game recs, with very little info, no personal opinions on the games- NOT EVEN THE CONSOLES TO PLAY THEM. It takes 5 minutes or less to do research and add that info into her post.

She likes to be seen, validated on her looks by men, so I definitely believe her blog is taking a far-away backseat. 

As a casual gamer I’m offended?

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 4

Well it's HuSbEaR's bday. She goes all out to make him a surprise cake and decorate. As soon as he's done blowing out the candles (img 1), he hops right back on his laptop to ignore her (img 2). 

I almost feel bad for her? Like damn, dude, at least act interested in her for 5 minutes. 

Spoiler

image.png.5afba65948d438dbc5a309f6fe3f3199.png

Spoiler

image.png.bb38011a8968f30dec9f04757e991c12.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Has she given her opinion of coved-19? Her husband is a state trooper and goes into possible Clovid-19 danger situations as he responds to calls.  IIRC there is a state trooper (or maybe county officer) in west Michigan with Covid-19 (sadly 100s of Detroit police officers have contracted it). 

also does it appear she is staying at home? Has she talked about what to do while staying at home? Some how I doubt it.....

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Well it's HuSbEaR's bday. She goes all out to make him a surprise cake and decorate. As soon as he's done blowing out the candles (img 1), he hops right back on his laptop to ignore her (img 2). 

I almost feel bad for her? Like damn, dude, at least act interested in her for 5 minutes. 

Hide contents

image.png.5afba65948d438dbc5a309f6fe3f3199.png

Hide contents

image.png.bb38011a8968f30dec9f04757e991c12.png

I kind of feel sorry for her too. I have a feeling that if she had never met husbland, she would live a much different life. And would be happier.

I guess I see her similar to Morgan. They both fell for a manipulative piece of crap guy and completely changed for him. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

30 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Has she given her opinion of coved-19? Her husband is a state trooper and goes into possible Clovid-19 danger situations as he responds to calls.  IIRC there is a state trooper (or maybe county officer) in west Michigan with Covid-19 (sadly 100s of Detroit police officers have contracted it). 

also does it appear she is staying at home? Has she talked about what to do while staying at home? Some how I doubt it.....

On Twitter, her likes about it are surprising. She’s liking posts that are directly critical of the government wanting to ease restrictions and liking posts by more liberal politicians. She’s also been sewing masks for him when he goes on patrol 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 6

7 Ways Caitlin Thrives as a SAHW!

Spoiler

1. Social connection. Since we don't have a homemaker in every home, she has to get creative with creating connections so she doesn't bombard her husband ("who is the one person I live with"). I'm confused as to why she can't connect with other friends or family...?* But she does make sure to connect with her husband everyday, even if it's just about the accomplishment of removing the couch cushions and vacuuming it all out. They make sure to connect in all ways, but they also make sure to get their distance because you can't hang out with someone 24/7 no matter how much you love them. Husband does day trading, btw. She recommends following vloggers / influencers who uplift your day. Having human voices around (podcast, tv) blesses her alot.
* Well apparently she connects with people on social media.

2. Infusing beauty into your life. Getting properly dressed, keep your environment clean, go out into nature.

3. Merriment. She adds childlike play to her day to add some joy to her life at home. Apparently she always has her coffee in a teacup and lights candles when she takes a shower. I get the idea of trying to make the little things special, but... well, first, doesn't doing it every time make it less special? And also, I just can't imagine I would always be enthused for a candle-lit shower.

4. Productivity. She thinks this is the most important thing to thrive at home. Keep things clean, organized, produce (serving her husband, cooking, baking, cleaning - that stuff helps her feel she's done a job well). She champions infusing fun into your chores, and also says rest is important. 

5. Spiritual food. Staying at home makes it important to be in touch with your spirit. Insert Christian spiel - my opinion is that god doesn't really have this COVID-19 thing under control.
She says staying at home can feel like being stuck in a box, and I agree. When I head home for the holidays, after 2 days I feel like I'm 16 again, which is rather uncomfortable.
Cue more Christianing. Take your spiritual growth seriously!

6. Burn the energy. She stands up while recording because she doesn't need more hours sitting down.

7. Learn. "I know for a lot of us our work lives have slowed down..." Us??
Anyway, she spends a lot of time reading the news and learning about fashion, makeup, new cleaning techniques, politics.... don't let your brain turn to mush!

My takeaways:
* She thinks she's 'counter culture' because she's very isolated, and YouTube really is all she knows of how others live.
* I do think Husband is her world.
* She does the light voice and girly laughs as if to apologise for what she's saying / avoid offending if someone doesn't like what she says... which is likely why she has so many disclaimers.
* It sounds as though a lot of what she does is to fill time.
* She makes home-making sound boring.
* I would probably like her if I didn't see her Twitter.

I looked over her Insta... Husband hasn't looked happy since February 2019. He looks sooooo different in old pics! Nowadays he just looks tense and angry. Anyway, they married in July 2017, so she worked for 6 months after their wedding. I wonder if that was decided before or after the wedding.

And because I have nothing else to do... I just checked out her Insta stories. Apparently Husband turned 26.

She did some streamers and a '26' sign, and also hid a cake in the fridge. Upon blowing out the candles, he... seemed to recline his chair, and ate his cake with his laptop on his lap. I'm sure she's used to it and it's the life that makes them both happy, but that attitude of 'and now of course you'll cut a slice and give it to me' would just not fly with me. After making the cake (and no doubt, cleaning up).

Well. I think I've realised the SAHW life isn't for me! I'm sure it's fine, but damn it reminded me of a child trying to please a parent and hoping for praise.
But hey... there was a (admittedly brief) smile! I kind of wonder if he doesn't like his wife being 'famous'.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

How can she honestly believe that people are buying her "I married such a wonderful manly and caring man you should find yourself such a ma as well marriage is the best" crap when she is sharing these types of moments?? He comes across as an a-hole. The 16 year old that I teach are more polite than him. Maybe this is a stretch and not fair of me to say, but I really do hope he can be nice to people during his work hours as a cop (and not act like a bully).

Well, I guess some (a lot?) people still buy it.

• Upvote 7

Dude I’m sorry but if I was in that position hUSBeAr would get that cake smashed in his face ???I’m sorry, but what an ass hole. The whole thing really does appear extremely sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

i couldn't finish her most recent video her 'at home beauty routine' maybe its because i am too stressed about corona. She tells people to not cut their hair short or get bangs she said to not take your anger out on your hair... okay it's just hair like it can grow back and people can do WHATEVER THEY WANT with their hair. It's not a trauma/an evil thing to have a bad haircut and let it grow out it has happened to most of us. It feels depressing as like everyone has mentioned her hUsBeAr is always so uninterested in her even when she made him his bday cake it was soo sad to watch and her living in her delusion of a happy marriage. It's like she is telling women to keep up their appearance,which she argues is for the women themselves, in reality it is to please the man in the relationship/men of society. She has been brainwashed by the red pillers to the point where she believes being comfortable at home and taking time away from your looks is BAD as a woman. I am sorry i am too stressed rn I can't even do the hobbies that I used to love and it takes me twice as long to do my university work since I get panic attacks thinking of people dying. 

I think it's good morepeople are seeing how crazy this is and how bad her marriage is, it makes me feel better that less people will enter those relationships with red pill losers who don't care about their partners.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic