IGNORED

Jana 10: Advertising Boredom on a Biblical Level

samurai_sarah

I’d pass for this photo.  Left to right is Jer, Tyler, Jana, Jason, James, Jackson.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

With Jana in pants how can you even tell them apart? Isn't that the only way we can tell that she's a female? ?

• Haha 24
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, clueliss said:

I thought Jackson just turned 16.  

Der yes. Typo lol. I was thinking Justin was not in the photo. 

14 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

There is a Justin?!?

Joking aside, Justin is 17 and Jackson just turned 16. Tyler is 12.

Jackson is a baby face. Tyler

looks older than him. 

14 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

There is a Justin?!?

Joking aside, Justin is 17 and Jackson just turned 16. Tyler is 12.

I wonder if when Justin turns 18 we get a courtship announcement or he comes out more openly with a special friend.  I really wanna know who that fundie chicky babe was in the snuggly (by their standards) pic was. 

• Upvote 4

Jackson is a month younger than Grand Wolf. Grand Wolf is waiting for the DMV to open so he can get his license and a summer job. This pandemic has affected people in so many different ways.

• Upvote 10

To be honest, I am not sure Jana is actually wearing pants.

To me, it looks like a very loose long skirt that is just 'pulled up' by the bike frame.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the TTH. No, I don’t want them on TV because that’s all fake behavior for the camera, but I wonder who does the parenting of the teens and younger girls? Who cleans the bathrooms, homeschools, vacuums and cooks? Is Michelle mothering the youngest kids as much as she did the first 5 or 6? Or has Jana really stepped in as a FT surrogate? Are M and JB traveling all over the place like many people their age whose children are raised and out of the house?  Are JB and M busy working in all their various businesses? Are the kids totally feral? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the TTH. No, I don’t want them on TV because that’s all fake behavior for the camera, but I wonder who does the parenting of the teens and younger girls? Who cleans the bathrooms, homeschools, vacuums and cooks? Is Michelle mothering the youngest kids as much as she did the first 5 or 6? Or has Jana really stepped in as a FT surrogate? Are M and JB traveling all over the place like many people their age whose children are raised and out of the house?  Are JB and M busy working in all their various businesses? Are the kids totally feral? 

Also, what’s to become of all these young people as JB & Michelle grow older? They appear to be supporting or at least ‘employing ‘ Josh, Joe, Josiah and their wives & families, possibly Jessa and her family and Jana. There’s a whole raft of younger ones coming along - are all the boys going to be labourers or car salesmen? Will the remaining girls wait around for husbands who actually have jobs?  If the show finishes that’s a huge financial burden for them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

The problem I see with the younger kids is that they and jb and M may not see the show ending, I mean the kids have spent most of their lives if not all with a camera crew and the TLC people constantly around, so they could see it as normal to have the show going for basically forever. When you are young and all your life has been in a way, it is hard to make a question about what can change, so they could just take for granted to have the show as a way of making money. It should be Jb and M who take care of finding ways so that their children could have a future, but we know it is not the case. They haven't done anything till now not even for the older (just relying on the show) so why bothers now? Plus is them (Jb and M) who choose this life for themselves and thus for the kids so it should be their responsibility to act. Basically I think they will all be seriously scroued when the show will end. Maybe the older kids like Jessa and Joy coul just make enough with Instagram, YouTube channel and sponsorship, Jill is now used to don't have the show money so it will not change much for her, but the others? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Joy’s husband has a job & they both seem to help out at his family’s camp. I assume Derick will eventually practise law & Jill does endorsements.
Jeremy is presumably going to resume as a pastor but given their expensive tastes and his love of publicity I think they will seek some sort of spin off- but they are too dull to carry one IMHO. 
I’ve no idea what Ben does but I can see Jessa teaming up with her parents at speaking engagements. 
JD seems self sufficient & Jed has his car lot & his political ambitions. That still leaves a lot of people & their families to support! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I’m not sure if push came to shove in terms of finances, that JB and M wouldn’t finally say “leave and cleave.” They could also reference that they did it, and their kids should be able to figure it out too. But that would end the Duggar Dynasty because without the show, these folks would have to work to support themselves, leaving far less time and energy for procreation, and likely far less easy money in the coffers. These sorts of cults always end because of lack of funding. 

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They could also reference that they did it, and their kids should be able to figure it out too.

They at least had minimal education.  Not much, but far more than they gave their children.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I bet JB has more than one insurance policy and has taken provisions in case something happens to him. But will it be enough to actually secure everyone's future?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They at least had minimal education.  Not much, but far more than they gave their children.

True, plus they have created the Duggar time’ ethos that everybody’s time is less important than theirs. They’re virtually unemployable unless they get some certified skills and a better attitude . 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

My personal suspicion is that the reason we've seen a few of them (and Bateseses) branch over to YouTube channels is in anticpation of the TV money drying up.  They're building those platforms now.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Joy’s husband has a job & they both seem to help out at his family’s camp. I assume Derick will eventually practise law & Jill does endorsements.
Jeremy is presumably going to resume as a pastor but given their expensive tastes and his love of publicity I think they will seek some sort of spin off- but they are too dull to carry one IMHO. 
I’ve no idea what Ben does but I can see Jessa teaming up with her parents at speaking engagements. 
JD seems self sufficient & Jed has his car lot & his political ambitions. That still leaves a lot of people & their families to support! 

I recall Kate Gosselin saying her kids really missed the filming crew when their original show was over. Of course, she might have just said that to get sympathy. She enjoyed being a victim, but made it sound as if she was just sorry for her children.

Most of the Duggar kids have never NOT been part of TLC productions.

• Upvote 7

@Lizzybet you are right about the emotional attachment that the kids especially the younger could have with the filming crew. I was purely thinking about money, but it could be very sad for some of them to see people who have been part of their life for so long and so often, go away. Yet another thing that Jb and M have to be blamed about. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

True, plus they have created the Duggar time’ ethos that everybody’s time is less important than theirs. They’re virtually unemployable unless they get some certified skills and a better attitude . 

I will never forget when shortly after their wedding Jill was asked on camera what was 1 of the main differences between the TTH and her home with Derrick, and Jill replied, “the day starts and ends much earlier in my new home.” Of course this was when DD was still working for WM. The concept of being on someone’s clock just never resonated with these folks. JB and the planet revolving around him.

• Upvote 11

On 5/19/2020 at 1:27 AM, FluffySnowball said:

That’s so disgusting. The oppressive cult and its harsh treatment of homosexuals aside, no one should ever be outed under any circumstances, and being in the public eye shouldn’t change that. Who to tell what about one’s sexuality should always remain a free choice. 

Declaring every young unmarried woman to be a lesbian is both sexist *and* homophobic, so points for being doubly awful I guess

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I see tlc are pushing the cinderjana line. Unintentionally or not. 

40568D48-03E8-457C-BF4C-150F7C23FA11.png

• Upvote 5

Bit late isn’t it? They all went to church at the height of the pandemic & didn’t bother wearing them. I suppose they need to have something to film. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Maybe they even kept some for themselves! Because Arkansas is having a spike in cases (jk they'll just say Jesus' blood is their mask)

• Upvote 4

So we're going to watch Jana make masks? Almost as exciting as watching paint dry.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, seraaa said:

Declaring every young unmarried woman to be a lesbian is both sexist *and* homophobic, so points for being doubly awful I guess

Nowhere did I ever claim anyone we discuss here is homosexual. My statement was of a general nature and actually implies the opposite of what you’re saying: I believe we on FJ (and anyone else) should always and under any circumstances refrain from speculation about and/or outing people and their sexual orientation. 

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Nowhere did I ever claim anyone we discuss here is homosexual. My statement was of a general nature and actually implies the opposite of what you’re saying: I believe we on FJ (and anyone else) should always and under any circumstances refrain from speculation about and/or outing people and their sexual orientation. 

I was referring to the social media account without a crystal ball who brought up the discussion! Sorry for not being  clear

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

I was referring to the social media account without a crystal ball who brought up the discussion! Sorry for not being  clear

I’m sorry, too, this was a complete misunderstanding. I’m no longer downvoting your post, I got you totally wrong. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic