IGNORED

Jana 10: Advertising Boredom on a Biblical Level

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I’m sorry, too, this was a complete misunderstanding. I’m no longer downvoting your post, I got you totally wrong. 

No worries :) 

• Thank You 2

On 5/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, SassyPants said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the TTH. No, I don’t want them on TV because that’s all fake behavior for the camera, but I wonder who does the parenting of the teens and younger girls? Who cleans the bathrooms, homeschools, vacuums and cooks? Is Michelle mothering the youngest kids as much as she did the first 5 or 6? Or has Jana really stepped in as a FT surrogate? Are M and JB traveling all over the place like many people their age whose children are raised and out of the house?  Are JB and M busy working in all their various businesses? Are the kids totally feral? 

I saw a few months ago that Anna is doing a lot of the home schooling for all the Duggar kids.   I think it was Michele that was singing her praises on some social media.   She brings her kids over to TTH and does a lot of the teaching.   Michele was saying something like Anna makes learning fun with incorporating outdoor learning and games.   I can't remember exactly but it makes sense.   

Edited by PVMom
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, PVMom said:

I saw a few months ago that Anna is doing a lot of the home schooling for all the Duggar kids.   I think it was Michele that was singing her praises on some social media.   She brings her kids over to TTH and does a lot of the teaching.   Michele was saying something like Anna makes learning fun with incorporating outdoor learning and games.   I can't remember exactly but it makes sense.   

Wow. So even with hardly any school age kids left, she still can’t be bothered to take responsibility for her own kids. Moty my ass. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Moty my ass. 

It took me a bit to figure out Moty, lol, but I finally did it. The first I ever heard of them was seeing the article in my local paper (NE Oklahoma, which is very close to their area) and I wondered why someone would be awarded Mother of the Year for having 14 (at the time) kids. They included a list of the kids' names and I thought Jinger was pronounced like 'singer' with no hard 'g' and continued to think that until their first special.

Back when Josh was courting Anna and the show gave info about her, she had a 'degree' in early childhood or something similar. Never a word about how she had that accomplished by age 20 or from where the alleged degree was 'earned.' My memory is saying a bachelor's degree, which is why I wondered at the time. I guess homeschool 'graduation' then online 'classes.'

Through the years as the Duggar show progressed I'll have to say I thought fairly highly of Anna's interactions with all children. That is probably her 'forte' and this is based on what the producers chose to include in the final product and nothing else.

Aside: quotations used everywhere for irony... I have to use them a lot in my Duggar and Bates posts.

• Upvote 9

According to Fundamentalists Wiki Anna finished SOTDRT at 16 & then enrolled in an online college program and got a degree in Early Childhood Development. It doesn't say what school, or how long it took her to get said "degree". 

For the love of mother fucking fuck, what kind of fuckery is this?    Reportedly, due to the Kellers' strict rules regarding feelings, Anna was not allowed to discuss her feelings for Josh with her siblings, but discussed them with her mother. :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

I got that from the Fundy Wiki as well. That is some next level BS.  

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

I suppose Anna is the most obvious candidate as ‘teacher’- JB has manly work to do that involves all his sons, Jana seems to have carved a niche whereby she gets to travel and pursue her hobbies in return for organising packing for trips, cooking and home decor, Michelle follows JB on the speaking tour and dons an apron for photo opps, I doubt Jessa would be interested in educating children who weren’t her own as she never seemed to relish it before, Joy is busy with Austin’s work, Jill is too dangerous and I doubt she would want to.

Abbie and Lauren both have tiny babies and Kendra has 2 and seems to hang with her family rather than the Duggars. Anna seems to like being at the big house and repeatedly ingratiated herself with JB & M - plus it gives her chance to get 1st pick on a sister mom to assist McKynzie. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I suppose Anna is the most obvious candidate as ‘teacher’...Anna seems to like being at the big house and repeatedly ingratiated herself with JB & M - plus it gives her chance to get 1st pick on a sister mom to assist McKynzie. 

If Anna weren't so enmeshed* with Michelle I wonder if she would've left when she had concrete proof she was married to a scumbag. I feel bad for the M kids more than other grands. 

*my armchair diagnosis

• Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

If Anna weren't so enmeshed* with Michelle I wonder if she would've left when she had concrete proof she was married to a scumbag. I feel bad for the M kids more than other grands. 

*my armchair diagnosis

My own diagnosis (!)- Anna was utterly terrified at the prospect of being a divorced mother and had got used to the perks of Duggar life. While we would recoil at staying with a slug like Josh, I think Anna saw it as the best of a bad situation- she gets more or less the lifestyle she married into ( minus the political stuff), has an army of loyal humpers who think she’s a saint and has Josh right where she wants him. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

@allthegoodnamesrgone That is next level manipulation and control damn. 

Sometimes I forget the really sinister practices of these fundies (especially in relation to their kids) 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

My own diagnosis (!)- Anna was utterly terrified at the prospect of being a divorced mother and had got used to the perks of Duggar life. While we would recoil at staying with a slug like Josh, I think Anna saw it as the best of a bad situation- she gets more or less the lifestyle she married into ( minus the political stuff), has an army of loyal humpers who think she’s a saint and has Josh right where she wants him. 

We all assume Anna has given divorce a thought. I doubt it. I'm sure's thought "I wish..." But she likely believes she has no option but to stay married. She has a ton of kids, has never had a job, her own parents probably can't help much even if they were willing. She's been taught welfare is evil. It won't be long before she's pregnant again anyway.

• Upvote 8

I think she did consider divorce.  At one point she said she almost made the biggest mistake of her life.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think she did consider divorce.  At one point she said she almost made the biggest mistake of her life.  

Wow. Someday she may look back and think not divorcing him was the biggest mistake of her life!

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1

I'm 99% sure Anna said that staying in her marriage was as hard as childbirth.  She had to struggle to get through each minute.  I believe she made that comment in the 1st post-cheating-revelation 19 Kids and Counting episode.

It's heartbreaking.  I'll never understand these people.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

Does anyone know where Josh and Anna live? Do they live somewhere on the TTH property? Maybe Anna homeschools in exchange for a roof over their heads? Do Ben and Anna share duties; divide up the subjects and/or kids?  I always thought that as the 3rd generation kids started to get older, the Duggars would start a school co-op, but beyond maybe Anna, Jessa and Joy, I no longer see that happening. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

We all assume Anna has given divorce a thought. I doubt it. I'm sure's thought "I wish..." But she likely believes she has no option but to stay married. She has a ton of kids, has never had a job, her own parents probably can't help much even if they were willing. She's been taught welfare is evil. It won't be long before she's pregnant again anyway.

I think Anna thought about it in a very abstract way. She knew it was a thing but she had no idea of how she could go through with it without risking EVERYTHING. 

She knew her parents might not be willing or able to help.

She's conditioned to believe that a broken home would ruin her kids lives. 

She likely feared losing her kids altogether. 

And just the sheer logistics of going from a situation where every choice is made with her as a passive participant. To having to find a divorce lawyer and talk to them and consider custody and assets and finding a job and caring for kids whose lives have imploded. It sounds overwhelming to me and I'm independent and university educated. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I think Anna thought about it in a very abstract way. She knew it was a thing but she had no idea of how she could go through with it without risking EVERYTHING. 
And just the sheer logistics of going from a situation where every choice is made with her as a passive participant. To having to find a divorce lawyer and talk to them and consider custody and assets and finding a job and caring for kids whose lives have imploded. It sounds overwhelming to me and I'm independent and university educated. 

Plus she grew up in poverty. Religion and social rejection aside, from a financial perspective, returning to that condition given her lack of job skills would be daunting at best and prohibitive at worst. Many women do it and I’m not arguing she made the right choice (AT ALL), but that may have also been a contributing factor.
  • Upvote 14

I think we have to remember that rather than sink into the background and live her life quietly ( which she presumably has enough leverage to do ), Anna puts herself out there with a very public Instagram, product endorsement, gushing over the Duggars and endorsing Trump and anti choice.  I realise she may have thought her options were limited but she seems to have no problem flaunting her Duggar credentials. 

• Upvote 17

I also think Anna, underneath the "sweet" demeanor is a very smug, self-righteous person. I don't doubt she was devastated by Josh's affairs. I do think she enjoys being the righteous, martyr wife. I have seen the humpers  comments on how they hope "Josh finally appreciates the treasure Anna is. She found a way to take her lemons and make lemonade. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Does anyone know where Josh and Anna live? Do they live somewhere on the TTH property? Maybe Anna homeschools in exchange for a roof over their heads? Do Ben and Anna share duties; divide up the subjects and/or kids?  I always thought that as the 3rd generation kids started to get older, the Duggars would start a school co-op, but beyond maybe Anna, Jessa and Joy, I no longer see that happening. 

I think they live in that warehouse on the property that was converted into some sort of guest house. They used it to film Abbie trying on the wedding dresses that time. From some of Anna's pics it looks like they live there. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

My theory on Jana I think will always be, unless I'm specifically told otherwise, there was someone she was in the pre-courtship phase with, and he didn't want to be filmed. Possibly he was even having that "interview" with Jimbob, they agreed to it, and then Jimbob asked him to re-do the interview for the cameras. He asked that they not, and after much fumbling around on Jimbob's part, they all decided that this wasn't gonna work. It's possible that he told Jana that she can choose between the show and him, but put subtle pressure on her to choose the show. "what are people gonna say?"

• Upvote 11

On 6/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

For the love of mother fucking fuck, what kind of fuckery is this?

And . . .  there is yet another saying I need printed on a t-shirt.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

And . . .  there is yet another saying I need printed on a t-shirt.

Can you tell how much I love the word fuck? Such a ubiquitous word. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 11:24 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Can you tell how much I love the word fuck? Such a ubiquitous ufuckuitous word. 

When said quickly it sounds like "you fuck with us"

Everyone is welcome; this is my biggest achievement of June 2020

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

"According to Fundamentalists Wiki Anna finished SOTDRT at 16 & then enrolled in an online college program and got a degree in Early Childhood Development. It doesn't say what school, or how long it took her to get said "degree". "

I remember talk about that too. I also remember when she took her kids to an as-seen-on-TV trip to the public library Anna said she had no idea how easy it was to get a library card. I got my kid and my grandkids library cards when they were 3. What kind of "degree" can you have when you don't know it's possible to get a library card?

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On 6/10/2020 at 9:54 AM, LacyMay said:

Divorce isn't easy. With my ex, I had thought about it but was so scared. I only worked part time, we had a home I couldn't afford... when he mentioned one, at first I said no. The second time he did a few months later, I said yes. It was one of the toughest times of my life. I was blessed by having wonderful parents and friends by my side. And to his credit, he was fair in paying me child support even before we had it court mandated. We even drove to our divorce hearing together. And right around that time, I got offered full time at work, we sold the house and I (with help from my awesome) parents) bought a town home.

In a year, I met my current husband. I am happy, but I now I know that if I had to I could do it. My parents aren't around anymore, but I know what to do. He's lucky I love him! lol! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

• samurai_sarah locked this topic