IGNORED

Jana 10: Advertising Boredom on a Biblical Level

samurai_sarah

I think she also might have been picky, and then waited so long there are way less offers. The four sisters were always grouped together, and the first (Jill) didn't get married until Jana was 24. Jill was also 23, so it probably didn't feel like there so was so much pressure. None of the original 4 got married before (nearly) 22, and I'm sure they did have plenty of offers and none were what she wanted. Jinger/Jill/Jessa might have also turned down some in the three/four years after 18 when they didn't get married. Plus, her twin wasn't married so no big deal. There'd be more offers and she could be as picky as she wanted. (Which fair, she should marry someone she wants to)

Then she hit 26 and all of sudden they were all married, and at 27 and the baby Joy was married at 19 and now she's old at 30?(for fundies obviously)  and there just aren't as many single guys in her age range left. There might have been an oh shit I missed my chance moment. So she got her garden for a hobby, which she does seem to genuinely enjoy, and she got a good friend in Laura so she can travel and whatnot, which again she does seem to enjoy. 

It will be interesting to see if she does get married, and what kind of guy it ends up being. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Doesn’t JD have any friends? I truly believe that if Jana wanted to be married with children, she’d have that life. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I used to feel sorry for Jana but after the recent episode w her odd behavior towards Josie, that faded. I kinda think she’s so prickly that it may not be HER choice that she’s single now. I’m curious to know what will happen in the future. I just hope she doesn’t get one of these man children her siblings chose- but seeing as though her entire male family is the same way I won’t be shocked.

• Upvote 8

I’ve probably posted this song before, because it’s hilarious, but I think it probably applies at least a little to Jana. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

:laughing-rolling:  I’ve never seen that before. I was laughing out loud for real! ?

• Haha 2

Does anyone remember when the Duggars met the Amish family? Did anyone watch Amish in the City about 16 years ago? They kept on saying how Amish were not to be photographed or filmed, and there was barely a glimpse of any of the Amish family; just the father talked, and some kids passed by in the background. And those episodes are not to be found, at least on YouTube.

There's a similar sect where I am; Hutterites. Not exactly the same, but also live communally, and dress very old-school traditional, and I can't remember if they now sent their kids to high school. Anyway, they're currently in the news because some of them went to a funeral in another province, caught Covid-19, and now it's spreading like wildfire in their colonies and they're getting a crash course in social-distancing, which is really hard for them.

Thinking about them makes me wonder if Jana's future husband is there, but we may never know. Nothing's likely to happen until the show is over.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

:laughing-rolling:  I’ve never seen that before. I was laughing out loud for real! ?

If you love that one they have a hysterical song called the loophole.  Apparently...backdoor fellowshipping...is the loophole for fundy girls as it's "the sex that God can't see."  I cried laughing the first time I heard it.

I can't link because I'm not pulling that up at work, but youtube search Garfunkel and Oates loophole.

20 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Thinking about them makes me wonder if Jana's future husband is there, but we may never know. Nothing's likely to happen until the show is over.

Are their rumors about her being involved with the Amish or Hutterites?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Would an Amish or Hutterire allow their sons near "a relatively worldly" woman like Jana? Not only is she on tv, she and her family don't practice head covering. To me the chances are very slim Jana is involved in that community. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you love that one they have a hysterical song called the loophole.  Apparently...backdoor fellowshipping...is the loophole for fundy girls as it's "the sex that God can't see."  I cried laughing the first time I heard it.

I can't link because I'm not pulling that up at work, but youtube search Garfunkel and Oates loophole.

Are their rumors about her being involved with the Amish or Hutterites?

No, no rumors. Just a theory. After all, she did say something about hoping to marry a farmer, and that's generally what they do. Yes, that would be a lot more sneaking around than just a normal bachelor farmer who didn't want to be on camera.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

At this point, I believe her when she says she has not met that person yet with the caliber needed to be her life partner and is still waiting. If she just wanted to get married and have a family, I’m sure it would be super easy for her to accomplish that having a national platform (more so than the average woman) and having received offers left and right for the past decade. 

I can’t do with all the silly theories about her staying home to protect her siblings or to limit the number of children she’ll have one day or because she’s in the closet. It’s weird by Duggar standards that she’s the oldest and last Duggar daughter left (that’s old enough) to get married but not to the rest of the world. Even many mainstream Christians don’t get married until their mid-late 30s or beyond. You know the rumor mill has been spinning a while when we land on the Amish lol!

I feel bad that she’s the subject of endless rumors about a relationship, but I guess that’s the price you pay for being born into a famous family. I along with the rest of the universe can’t wait to see who she gets paired with. I don’t think she’s looking for someone with a specific profession, just someone who is a manual hard worker and handy. I guess it represents of form of masculinity as they have said before. He would probably be very strict in their beliefs like she is. I agree with others that Jana will be like a Michelle 2.0. I could see her marrying young like Jessa. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Does anyone remember when the Duggars met the Amish family? Did anyone watch Amish in the City about 16 years ago? They kept on saying how Amish were not to be photographed or filmed, and there was barely a glimpse of any of the Amish family; just the father talked, and some kids passed by in the background. And those episodes are not to be found, at least on YouTube.

There's a similar sect where I am; Hutterites. Not exactly the same, but also live communally, and dress very old-school traditional, and I can't remember if they now sent their kids to high school. Anyway, they're currently in the news because some of them went to a funeral in another province, caught Covid-19, and now it's spreading like wildfire in their colonies and they're getting a crash course in social-distancing, which is really hard for them.

That's going to be really hard on the Hutterites. They live communally and keeping distance is probably like being asked to live on Mars. That said, my understanding is that they are fine with education (but high school is online), modern medicine and generally cooperate with government and want good relationships with their neighbors.
But I live in Florida, where people flout the rules just out of spite.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/hutterites-in-sask-face-covid-19-stigma-1.5656124

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I do remember the episode. I think the family was one of the "New Order" Amish, which are religiously more evangelical. I can't imaging Jana being any variation of Amish. Although practices vary, bottom line is you have zip to say about what you do and when you do it, and there is no tolerance for "Duggar time." Plus, aside from some groups that allow for harmonica playing, musical instruments are forbidden. So she'd have to give up her career as a concert pianist.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I'd see her with a Wissman/Bontrager type guy. Farmer who is fundie famous. They don't have sons left but that general mold. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I do remember the episode. I think the family was one of the "New Order" Amish, which are religiously more evangelical. I can't imaging Jana being any variation of Amish. Although practices vary, bottom line is you have zip to say about what you do and when you do it, and there is no tolerance for "Duggar time." Plus, aside from some groups that allow for harmonica playing, musical instruments are forbidden. So she'd have to give up her career as a concert pianist.

It seems like in the last year I've read or seen something about the Amish, including a family who thought they wanted to become Amish. As I recall, the Amish community tolerated them but didn't really welcome them, and the family never fit in and became an integral part of the community.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I'd see her with a Wissman/Bontrager type guy. Farmer who is fundie famous. They don't have sons left but that general mold. 

Stephen Wissmann is single I thought, but the families have interacted and if there was anything there, it'd be known by now I think. But yes, it could be any of their farmer friends.

• Upvote 7

As funny as it sounds I think Jana would fit in with the Duck Robertson’s more than any other group.

Think about it: Evangelical conservative Christians who are into missions but have media presence all over the place, females who have no issue with letting the man lead the family but dress modern and attractively, she could easily adopt kids if she does not want to be constantly pregnant as they adopt regularly, Most of the men and boys are definitely handy and outdoorsy she desires. 

Of course I have never seen  any connection between the families and their are not any sons near her age so just musing. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 8

On 7/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, Ever said:

used to feel sorry for Jana but after the recent episode w her odd behavior towards Josie, that faded

What did she do?

• Upvote 1

@Melissa1977 Apparently  she was curt and  and impatient with the kid.  

I don’t understand why people are up Janas Ass about it when most likely Josie is indulged and spoiled and Jana has no obligation to cosset her if Josie is testing her last nerve. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Jana didn't treat Josie any differently than I would have when the child was making excuses for just making a mess with the paint and not even attempting to produce an artwork. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

@Melissa1977 Apparently  she was curt and  and impatient with the kid.  

I don’t understand why people are up Janas Ass about it when most likely Josie is indulged and spoiled and Jana has no obligation to cosset her if Josie is testing her last nerve. 

People say Josie is Michelle's favourite, but she has never act as a mother with her. Josie, a tiny preemie with huge health issues was left with late-teenager Jana, when mom&dad went to El Salvador. Josie was never Michelle's buddy, as Jana raised her from the moment she came back from the hospital. Also, Jana went to all Josie's doctor appointments. Amd I suppose she was in charge of setting rules and boundaries, while Michelle basically spoiled her.

I haven't watched the video and I can be wrong. But I consider Jana the "real mom", and real moms lose their patience sometimes. A prefer a sincere moment like that, that Michelle threatening toddlers with her sweet faux voice.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

It seems like in the last year I've read or seen something about the Amish, including a family who thought they wanted to become Amish. As I recall, the Amish community tolerated them but didn't really welcome them, and the family never fit in and became an integral part of the community.

On top of having to become part of a close-knit Amish community and adhering to their strict lifestyle, born Amish speak Pennsylvanian Dutch. For a native German speaker like me, it might be rather easy to learn because the language is based on old German dialects (still, PD has since evolved into an independent language) but I can’t imagine you can actually become Amish with everything that entails without being a fluent Pennsylvania Dutch speaker. So while I don’t know anything about the case you mention, @Audrey2, I could imagine that the family you mention didn’t speak PD. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I'm cutting Jana a break on this because it is a brief moment in a longer sequence.  We didn't see everything that led up to that moment.  We just know production decided to show that one moment that Jana decided to snap at the precious miracle child.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic