IGNORED

Jana 10: Advertising Boredom on a Biblical Level

samurai_sarah

7 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I'm not surprised about their Trump support because the Duggars are basically single-issue voters: Christian perception of ''family'' and reproductive rights basically (so anti-choice and anti-LGBTQ+).

So they are basically able to forget all of Trump's fault just because he promised to protect these issues. The sexual assault accusations and all of Trumps declarations about/on women are the opposite of Christian values. Not to mention he divorced and remarried multiple times (which technically for me wouldn't be a problem, but I'd consider this a problem for fundies).

So if they were logical and true to their faith, I agree fundies should NOT support Trump. But since when have the Duggars been logical about their faith? They keep in contact with their son who assaulted their own daughters, yet ask for one of his victim to not visit the TTH without permission. So I suppose they are certainly able to put Trump's sexual assault accusations aside and support him.

I’d also put them in the category of people who are more devoted to their identity as conservative Republican Americans than as Christians. Of course they think they’re one and the same, but therein lies the problem.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, sansan said:

Pardon, but please direct me to scripture where abortion was approved of, I must have missed that. And, here we go............

Most unqualified comment I've read here in a long time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, FreeTheScapegoats said:

This. People projected a lot on Jana- that she was staying to protect her sisters, that she's secretly over it, that she's still single because she doesn't like fundie guys or is burned out from sister-momming. The thing was, if she truly wanted out, she would've left a long time ago. She's not just playing the game until Josie's married off- she's a willing participant.

I think this fantasy bubble has bust when she started with instragram, at least for me. I unfollowed her as well a while ago.

• Upvote 12

People if you all stop following Jana on Instagram how am I going to know when she does something interesting? Oh, wait...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 25

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

People if you all stop following Jana on Instagram how am I going to know when she does something interesting? Oh, wait...

Easy, hell will also freeze over.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

On 10/7/2020 at 5:39 PM, nausicaa said:

Trump has made several statements over the years making it clear he is personally fine with abortion. Including insinuating that he wanted Marla Maples to have one when she became pregnant. 

Yes, the good old days when Trump was a pro-choice Democrat and hung out with the Clintons, declaring Bill and Hillary to be "fantastic people", and making innocuous television appearances.   Honestly, I think the majority of people liked Trump better back then. He may have acted arrogant and crazy at times back then, but it was considered harmless and nobody really took it too seriously.   Whoever would have thought he would be our Commander-In-Chief, as a Republican, no less?  

I've recently watched some old episodes of "Celebrity Apprentice" on Tubi and boy, has Trump 180'd since then.  In those old episodes he was schmoozing with NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg;  called President Obama "a wonderful man";  chastised Jesse James for calling Clint Black "stupid", stating that one should never call anyone "stupid" because it's not a nice thing to say;  and tore into Omarosa for insinuating that Piers Morgan was a closet gay, stating that homosexuality shouldn't be used as an insult.   

And four years later after the 2016 election, I still don't know what to make of any of it. It's like being in Bizarro World.  

2 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 20

Pants sighting? It would be pretty hard to sit crossed legged (modestly) like that in a skirt? 

5F2C7AD7-B418-44F7-B5F6-B8E826B2EB58.png

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic