IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

I'm happy for Esther and Nathan. Nobody should be forced to a non-touching courtship, chaperoning and all that crap. They are young and having a lot of fun. This said, what infuriates me is that they get the joyful part of the mainstream life, while they keep fundamentalist and hateful beliefs. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8

To be honest i dont think it is double standards as much as they not being able to enforce the standards on Nathan at all. He is almost 30, has his own money, can travel freely and has been doing so for a couple years now. I am sure Kelly is not happy seeing things like this but she cant really do anything about it and since the Bateses are so image councious i think it would take a lot more than this for them to publically shun a son or daughter.

• Upvote 14

If I were one of the Bates sisters I’d be furious! Such bs that Nathan can get away with this. Typical fundie double standards ?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

Long past the days when the Bates males have to avert their eyes on the beach when a woman in a bathing suit walks by. Now shorts wearing women at the beach can lean on them and it’s acceptable. It’s a good development. Clearly Nathan is taking his time to get to know her. I also noticed that in the pic where she’s kissing him on the cheek he’s looking into the camera like he’s been caught breaking the rules but doesn’t care, haha.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

On 2/27/2021 at 12:47 AM, AussieKrissy said:

He is totes giving away pieces of his heart. They better be married. No daughters would be allowed to act like this. 

And he's certainly feeling up a piece of her heart.

So--do we think they got engaged at the Grand Canyon? https://www.instagram.com/p/CL2zQ5tjulI/

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:58 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

IMG_1356.thumb.jpeg.915d3bbbe9d83be8bad90b45c37cc167.jpeg

^ This PDA though. Very virtuous, indeed. 

His hand is literally on her crotch!

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

And poor Katie has to stick to very little touch time with Travis. Got a feeling his parents have something to do with that because his siblings are doing the same. I'm so pissed for her but at least Travis is taking his time. Maybe he would rather marry at 20. Katie is already 20 plus he just bought a house. Back to Nathan, I'm glad he appears more relaxed with his relationship. You would never guess they are fundamentalists.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I hate that Gil and Kelly would shame Katie if she did the exact same thing Nathan is doing with his girlfriend. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 18

Carlin and Even were very close as well right? Not as close as Nathan and Esther but they were way more touchy than Katie and Traves? Or was that only after engagement?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Carlin and Even were very close as well right? Not as close as Nathan and Esther but they were way more touchy than Katie and Traves? Or was that only after engagement?

They totally were. And i remember there was a pretty scandalous instastory of Bobby and Tori together too. To be honest even Michael and Brandon were more touchy with each other than Katie and Travis.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I wonder how touch-starved these fundie kids and kidults are?

I grew up in a non-religious but very prude family and I used to joke that in my family hugs were reserved for special occasions like birthdays and Christmas. Hugging family, and even friends, was always awkward. It wasn't until I had my fist romantic relationship that I realized how much I enjoyed and craved hugs, holding hands, cuddling, etc. But it's still a craving that can only be met within a romantic relationship for me - family and friend hugs just don't do it (and being single during this pandemic absolutely sucks).

If these kidults feel similar to me, then I'm not surprised they would try to get away with as much touching as they could - especially Nathan whose attitude might be more like "screw the rules, I've already had my heart broken once".

I wonder if Nathan will suffer any consequences from KJ and G for the Grand Canyon-sized liberties he's taking with Esther or if they'll shrug it off because he's a guy, or because they love to spout the line "each couple makes their own rules" and now they have to eat their words?

Still, if I were one of Nathan's sisters, or even Zach with his guilt-laden first kiss, I would be extra salty.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

On 3/1/2021 at 6:29 AM, HereticHick said:

And he's certainly feeling up a piece of her heart.

So--do we think they got engaged at the Grand Canyon? https://www.instagram.com/p/CL2zQ5tjulI/

His idiot friend who filmed that video violated the National Park unmanned aircraft policy- drones aren't allowed anywhere in the canyon.

Looks like he flew his drone illegally in a LOT of other places, too.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Sure jan, I would turn over my hard earned cash and let you teach me to fly.... 

46E9C40D-3F5C-4433-9A91-AB413B9A6A1D.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Sure jan, I would turn over my hard earned cash and let you teach me to fly.... 

46E9C40D-3F5C-4433-9A91-AB413B9A6A1D.png

Sounds like a nightmare. Being trapped with Nathan in a tiny airplane and also having to pay for it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Would he take a female student, I wonder?  So much alone time up in the air. 

• Upvote 15

47 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Would he take a female student, I wonder?  So much alone time up in the air. 

As long as she pays he may not care. It’s all about money!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

As long as she pays he may not care. It’s all about money!

I agree. The Bates clan seems to break rules if they can make money. Like selling clothing not up to their modesty standards and Trace dancing at the Dixie Stampede. 

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

Sounds like a nightmare. Being trapped with Nathan in a tiny airplane and also having to pay for it.

an(d) with someone who can't spell!

13 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I wonder if Nathan will suffer any consequences from KJ and G for the Grand Canyon-sized liberties he's taking with Esther or if they'll shrug it off because he's a guy, or because they love to spout the line "each couple makes their own rules" and now they have to eat their words?

You clever girl, love, love this! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, AussieKrissy said:

No daughters would be allowed to act like this.

Tori and Bobby didn't have a hands off courtship.  I remember them being told to "save room for the Holy Spirit."   Tori replied "He's in our hearts."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 21

On 3/1/2021 at 8:43 AM, Johannah said:

His hand is literally on her crotch!

Somebody please get that young woman a bigger pair of sandals!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

The “rules” have definitely laxes over the years. At least for the “tv stars”. And Nathan might have as well. His idiotic comments regarding hair and such are years old. Zack has almost openly questioned his parents approach in an episode. It was a joke about how they should tell their children how they approached courtship and marriage themselves as example to follow. This wouldn’t have happened five years ago. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

is idiotic comments regarding hair and such are years old.

This was 3 years ago, which is not that much I think...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

This was 3 years ago, which is not that much I think...

You know, for a moment I thought you were wrong because I remember him saying that when they were talking about Tori's wedding, and Tori already has two kids and a third on the way... But then I realized that yes, you're right, and it was really only three years ago, and Tori managed to squeeze all that into three years ?.

Having said that - he may have changed his mind since then. Maybe Esther is a positive influcence (a girl can dream...)

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Plus three years is a long time in an immature brain.  He could actually have grown some in that time or been hit by a clue by four.  

• Upvote 9

Maybe his broken heart pieces helped change his views. Like Zach, he did exactly what his parents taught him and his heart was broken by the girl. Their way didn’t work so maybe he will try his own way.

• Upvote 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic