IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

On 2/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, HereticHick said:

Well, that is a whole lot of full frontal hugging, isn't it.

a LOT of frontal hugging. and Nathan staring. at her face, or at her collarbone....

• Upvote 7

gotta love those courtin' double standards..... forget frontal hugs, she's kissing him. Also, due to his past comments about how his sisters should look, something about her in that blonde wig squicks me out. 

(*photo from esther's public instagram account)

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.03.46 AM.png

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 4

31 minutes ago, Casserole said:

gotta love those courtin' double standards..... forget frontal hugs, she's kissing him. Also, due to his past comments about how his sisters should look, something about her in that blonde wig squicks me out. 

(*photo from esther's public instagram account)

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.03.46 AM.png

I honestly think the stupid “saving your first kiss for marriage” is going out of style. Long before Josh Harris made it cool, lots and lots of Christians kissed before they were married but didn’t have sex. Fundies seem to think kissing will lead to sex but we all know that’s bullshit since Kelly and Gil Bates along with JB and Michelle all kissed before marriage but didn’t have sex. It’s totally possible and it’s not a big deal. Josh Harris no longer holds these beliefs and I think fundies are realizing kissing isn’t a big deal. I can see less and less fundies waiting in the future. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16

Looking freakishly different is very much falling out of style with fundies. It is all about looking fairly normal while still believing oppressive and reprehensible things nowadays. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I think most of the siblings will in fact still save their first "real" kiss for their wedding day, because it's been ingrained in them as part of their platform. However, I do think we're getting to a point where we aren't seeing them advertise they're doing so - because they want desperately to appear as mainstream as possible. 

They've always said "the couple makes their own rules" but we know that's just a farce for....these are the rules my parents expect we set for ourselves. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I have never realized how much of a baby face he has until that photo. God I want to punch him so much

I never realized before that photo how much he and Erin look alike. Just throw Esther's wig on him. 

I've always found the "saving the first kiss" trend odd since I used to read a lot of 19th and early 20th century novels growing up and the characters always kissed before marriage and it wasn't considered that big of a deal, though it seemed to always be done in private. And the characters were typically devout Christians. Even Emilie Loring, who wrote really conservative romance books in the 50s and always had her heroine leave her job to be a dutiful wife in the end, would have the two romantic leads kiss. Sometimes the heroine kissed two men: the one who turned out to be the villainous rake and the upright Christian future-husband. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Esther posted a photo that she is in Arizona with Nathan, now she posted a story where she's in California. There probably not going to Justin's wedding, but what are they doing. Do you think maybe an engagement?

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Esther posted a photo that she is in Arizona with Nathan, now she posted a story where she's in California. There probably not going to Justin's wedding, but what are they doing. Do you think maybe an engagement?

Esther has a huge family too--do any of her siblings live out there? I wouldn't be surprised if they get engaged. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Is Justin friends with any of the Bates the way Joy and Carlin are? 

We’ve seen him hanging out with the middle brothers at Big Sandy. Warden is close in age.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, raayx01 said:

They were in Arizona and now Laguna Beach with another couple Isaiah and Payton Garrido. He is a Photographer & Videographer per his public Insta. They seem Christian, but not fundie. There are pics of her in 2 piece bathing suits. 

And Tiffany is there. I didn't see Lawson yet.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

didn't see Lawson yet.

I believe someone in the Duggar thread said Lawson was in Texas with some of his sisters for Justin's wedding which took place today. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I believe someone in the Duggar thread said Lawson was in Texas with some of his sisters for Justin's wedding which took place today. 

Well this makes sense then. I was so confused, all those pictures and no Lawson!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I wonder why Lawson didn’t take Tiffany to the wedding. I don’t think the Duggars would have a problem with a plus 1, they invite like a million people to each wedding.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, adidas said:

If Tiffany wasn’t at the wedding I hope it’s because she came to her senses and broke it off with him. We can only hope. 

As obsessed as she is with him!? Not likely...

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

As obsessed as she is with him!? Not likely...

Still not as obsessed with him and he is with himself... lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Seriously, I would never have imagined this relaxed and easy relationship. Nathan, seemingly to me, the most puritanical, inflexible Bates child has spent the last few months hanging all over Esther. They, like Lawson and Tiffany, don’t seem to be surrounded by sibling chaperones all of the time. And they are getting questions about the chaperones in the comments of their posts!

Front hugs, face kissing, oh my, what will be next?

Ha, Esther wearing a bathing suit! Sure looks like bathing suit straps to me (under the tank top blouse).

nathan.jpg

• Upvote 14

48 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

IMG_1356.thumb.jpeg.915d3bbbe9d83be8bad90b45c37cc167.jpeg

^ This PDA though. Very virtuous, indeed. 

He is totes giving away pieces of his heart. They better be married. No daughters would be allowed to act like this. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic