IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

28 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Prior to being assigned to a Catholic church I attended a few years back , a former parish priest was the pastor of a Catholic church on Cape Cod.  He told us at the Saturday 4PM Mass in the summer, it was not uncommon to see worshippers in short shorts, flip-flops, and for the men, swim trunks and t-shirts.  They came to church after a day at the beach, and they also tracked sand into the church.  But the priest never said a word to them about their super casual summer church attire.  He was happy folks came and didn't care what they had on, as long as they were there.  And the sand could easily be cleaned up after they left.  

San Diego has at least one similar beach parish.  Saturday afternoon is indeed filled with beach wear and flip flops.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

San Diego has at least one similar beach parish.  Saturday afternoon is indeed filled with beach wear and flip flops.  

If my mom were still alive I'd love to have a conversation about her no jeans/no sneakers rule.   (Maybe I'd still be religious if I was allowed beach wear :) )

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

On 3/15/2021 at 10:27 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

Can we please take a second to acknowledge the very strong fundy grip that women typically use on men, but above is being used by Kelly on Esther? 

"Esther, you must stay. Please no more broken heart pieces for our pilot!"

I agree. Kelly's thinking "We need more people to get married since the Duggars are beating us in the grandchildren race, they have more married kids and now Erin is going to have a smaller family; we need you and Nathan to marry and procreate!"

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

I think since she dyed her hair, she is looking more and more like his sisters.  They all have that hair color going on. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But, I wonder if she's trying to fit in. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think since she dyed her hair, she is looking more and more like his sisters.  They all have that hair color going on. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But, I wonder if she's trying to fit in. 

I think she looks pretty either way. But I like her brown hair better. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she looks pretty either way. But I like her brown hair better. 

I agree. She's very pretty either way! 

• Upvote 2

On 3/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I went back to see and tried to gently ask around.  It was within the realm of normal for her.  She was a flashy dresser and seemed to think her husband being pastor didn't really relate to her except the money and benefits he was bringing in.  I did bring it up to the people who had been pushing me to attend there as a stumbling block to my attendance.  ?  It was interesting to hear them try to excuse her and all the Chrisianese that came out as to why I shouldn't even look at the pastor's wife and how his personal life was his own.  

Which I can totally understand to be honest. Her husbands job should have nothing to do with her fashion choices? I mean there is not exactly a strict codex of what is acceptable in church. I would argue that God doesn’t really care what your wear.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

In 2020 more likely yes than decades ago.  However, she also had many characteristics not commonly associated with a pastor's wife such as demanding new cars, a swimming pool put in at the house, etc.  It turned out a few years later, that the pastor got inflated ideas of his importance also and he became a motivational speaker which he said publicly was his "true calling."  That business eventually went bust and last I heard he was back to his beginnings as a humble pastor of a regular church not even his old mega church.  

• Upvote 7

I went to several casual churches growing up. Really only dressed up for holidays. I grew up wearing hand me downs from the neighbors daughter across the street and one of the daughters from a lady from church. I always hated wearing dresses and skirts. One Easter Sunday I was left home because I wanted to wear some pants. They were nicer pants. My mom sent my dad to get me. My mom wanted him to punish me for not wanting to change. He didn’t and let me wear my pants to church. I would not have done well going to a formal church. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

On 3/22/2021 at 2:30 PM, HereticHick said:

So what do we think? Married by the end of the summer?

I will guess a mid-late July wedding. 

• Upvote 5

I'm surprised they're dragging this out. I would have thought married by the end of June, but who knows?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm surprised they're dragging this out. I would have thought married by the end of June, but who knows?

I'm going with married by end of August. And honestly, I think they are gallivanting about sans chaperones: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNRA3IxM2T3/

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm going with married by end of August. And honestly, I think they are gallivanting about sans chaperones: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNRA3IxM2T3/

Looking at the pictures they look like a normal "dating" couple, wich is nice. I am surprised they are not married already, they seem to be in no rush, maybe he doesnt care anymore about the broken heart pieces.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Looking at the pictures they look like a normal "dating" couple, wich is nice. I am surprised they are not married already, they seem to be in no rush, maybe he doesnt care anymore about the broken heart pieces.

You’d think he’d care about the sex!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

There’s no room for the holy spirit between those two in any pic! No way that would be tolerated with a Bates daughter and boyfriend. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, artdecades said:

I’m not sure we can say they are sans chaperones. Someone took those photos. 

For the airfield one, yes, but another is clearly a selfie, and others could be autotimers.

• Upvote 4

They’ve been together since at least last June. I’d be surprised  if they weren’t engaged already, and not surprised if they’re not saving their first kiss for the altar.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

17 hours ago, mstee said:

There’s no room for the holy spirit between those two in any pic! No way that would be tolerated with a Bates daughter and boyfriend. 

It's in both of their hearts, remember?

:text-lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

It looks to me like he’s strategically holding her hand in the last pic. As in strategically to cover up the ring finger and cause speculation. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

It looks to me like he’s strategically holding her hand in the last pic. As in strategically to cover up the ring finger and cause speculation. 

If you enlarge the first picture in that post, she has a band on her ring finger. Hmm.

They’re both wearing bands in the pictures, which they’ve previously referred to as “promise rings”. I think the first photo and the last are from different days though, perhaps a before and after the official engagement. Or perhaps, I’m just bored with their will they/won’t they get married soon and I just want it over with. 

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic