IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

On 3/1/2021 at 6:43 AM, Johannah said:

His hand is literally on her crotch!

Someone on the Fundie Snark subreddit called it her "wedding square" and now that's all I can think of when I see that photo.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Nathan posted a story with him &  Joy's husband Austin flying. It looks like Austin is taken lessons.

Austin is already a pilot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

Someone on the Fundie Snark subreddit called it her "wedding square" and now that's all I can think of when I see that photo.

That needs to be some new member’s name or the next thread title. Nathan getting his hand on the wedding square  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:17 AM, AussieKrissy said:

That needs to be some new member’s name or the next thread title. Nathan getting his hand on the wedding square  

Does he get to yell "Bingo"?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

From Trace's insta story today:

2DEEEA69-435A-43FA-86C3-D1C0871F29AC.thumb.jpeg.19cf7b59902db4d3e156e6b335ac2917.jpeg

I'd be really surprised if Nathan and Esther aren't engaged by now. Here she is, accompanying him and the whole family to church, and there's certainly no room for the Holy Spirit between those two...

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

2DEEEA69-435A-43FA-86C3-D1C0871F29AC.thumb.jpeg.19cf7b59902db4d3e156e6b335ac2917.jpeg

I'd be really surprised if Nathan and Esther aren't engaged by now. Here she is, accompanying him and the whole family to church, and there's certainly no room for the Holy Spirit between those two...

And in a church outfit that would meet the approval of Gil and Kelly. Which you'd expect, but it's an interesting reminder of what the other Bates girls have said about abiding by their parents' rules while in their house

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 13

Is this the first time a special one accompanies them to Sunday church? I feel like we saw Evan too in some Sunday pics but I can't remember if they were already engaged or if it was later on. Anyway, I feel like these two will announce pretty soon that they are engaged, maybe for Easter, or when the show return? 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

And in a church outfit that would meet the approval of Gil and Kelly. Which you'd expect, but it's an interesting reminder of what the other Bates girls have said about abiding by their parents' rules while in their house

I’ll be honest. If I was an adult and had to dress a certain way around a boyfriend’s family, I would likely be annoyed. I just hope that after they are married, she wears whatever she pleases around them.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

She may be dressing by their standards or by her own. She was raised religious and would have been expected to dress a certain way for church. Unless I see her rock up in short shorts to her own church, I’m just going to assume that she is one that likes to dress up modestly for church. Once the ring is on the finger she may go more Alyssa fashion forward and show her shoulders... 

I am not a regular church goer but when I do I make sure I am dressed respectfully, it was just something I was told to do and so I do it. Same as I have no problem dressing respectfully when I have been a tourist in at Peter’s or the blue mosque. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

She may be dressing by their standards or by her own. She was raised religious and would have been expected to dress a certain way for church. Unless I see her rock up in short shorts to her own church, I’m just going to assume that she is one that likes to dress up modestly for church. Once the ring is on the finger she may go more Alyssa fashion forward and show her shoulders... 

I am not a regular church goer but when I do I make sure I am dressed respectfully, it was just something I was told to do and so I do it. Same as I have no problem dressing respectfully when I have been a tourist in at Peter’s or the blue mosque. 

Yet Zach and Lawson are wearing jeans! I grew up going to church every Sunday and jeans were a no no. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet Zach and Lawson are wearing jeans! I grew up going to church every Sunday and jeans were a no no. 

Was this in the South? I know my Mom's church in Virginia typically doesn't frown on jeans at Sunday service. My Dad always went in jeans, a nice button down, and cowboy boots.

• Upvote 3

Jeans used to be a no for church, but these days, they're very common except for the big holidays. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Was this in the South? I know my Mom's church in Virginia typically doesn't frown on jeans at Sunday service. My Dad always went in jeans, a nice button down, and cowboy boots.

No, it was a Midwestern baptist church in the 80s and 90s.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

I wear pants and a modest blouse to church.  I'm not comfortable showing a lot of skin at church.  That's just me though. How other people chose to dress is none of my business, and I don't judge.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Here she is, accompanying him and the whole family to church, and there's certainly no room for the Holy Spirit between those two...

As Tori once said, he's in both of their hearts.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

52 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I wear pants and a modest blouse to church.  I'm not comfortable showing a lot of skin at church.  That's just me though. How other people chose to dress is none of my business, and I don't judge.

Same here. The only time I had bare shoulders in church was at my wedding. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Same here. The only time I had bare shoulders in church was at my wedding. 

Me too. Also, I often get cold sitting indoors. And its not just dressing up to show respect, church is also a social event.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Can we please take a second to acknowledge the very strong fundy grip that women typically use on men, but above is being used by Kelly on Esther? 

"Esther, you must stay. Please no more broken heart pieces for our pilot!"

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I think the last person I judged for what they wore in church was over thirty years ago.  We were visiting an evangelical church I'd been badgered to attend and the very self-righteous pastor had his wife stand up.  She was wearing a sleeveless cleavage baring dress that was almost completely backless.  

I might not bat an eye today, but that long ago it would have been a scandal in many churches.

• Upvote 11

21 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We were visiting an evangelical church I'd been badgered to attend and the very self-righteous pastor had his wife stand up.  She was wearing a sleeveless cleavage baring dress that was almost completely backless.  

I kind of gasped and i wasn't there! Is it possible she was made to wear that as humiliation punishment for talking to a man when her husband wasn't present or something? Was he simply showing her off to visitors? Was it normal for those two? I know we don't know the answers to the questions, but this is kind of fascinating.

• Upvote 5

I went back to see and tried to gently ask around.  It was within the realm of normal for her.  She was a flashy dresser and seemed to think her husband being pastor didn't really relate to her except the money and benefits he was bringing in.  I did bring it up to the people who had been pushing me to attend there as a stumbling block to my attendance.  ?  It was interesting to hear them try to excuse her and all the Chrisianese that came out as to why I shouldn't even look at the pastor's wife and how his personal life was his own.  

• Upvote 13

On 3/15/2021 at 3:00 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Prior to being assigned to a Catholic church I attended a few years back , a former parish priest was the pastor of a Catholic church on Cape Cod.  He told us at the Saturday 4PM Mass in the summer, it was not uncommon to see worshippers in short shorts, flip-flops, and for the men, swim trunks and t-shirts.  They came to church after a day at the beach, and they also tracked sand into the church.  But the priest never said a word to them about their super casual summer church attire.  He was happy folks came and didn't care what they had on, as long as they were there.  And the sand could easily be cleaned up after they left.  

• Upvote 17

16 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Prior to being assigned to a Catholic church I attended a few years back , a former parish priest was the pastor of a Catholic church on Cape Cod.  He told us at the Saturday 4PM Mass in the summer, it was not uncommon to see worshippers in short shorts, flip-flops, and for the men, swim trunks and t-shirts.  They came to church after a day at the beach, and they also tracked sand into the church.  But the priest never said a word to them about their super casual summer church attire.  He was happy folks came and didn't care what they had on, as long as they were there.  And the sand could easily be cleaned up after they left.  

I went to a Catholic university, and each dorm had its own chapel with mass every Sunday, and usually one weeknight (different dorms had different weeknights, so you could go to Mass every day if you wanted.) Sunday night dorm Masses were SUPER casual. Like pajama pants and hoodies. I was never super religious, but my roommate and I would go to one of the guys' dorms for Mass on occasion, mostly because they had ice cream afterwards. But if you went to Sunday morning Mass in the Basilica, you had better be dressed in your Sunday best. 

• Upvote 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic