IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Kelly already tried in season seven or eight I don't remember which but it was before Michael and Tori both announced they were moving back to TN. Alyssa clearly wasn't interested and I'm sure Kelly was motivated by Carlin's upcoming wedding. She soon would be down to only Katie to raise her kids. I was glad when Alyssa said no. I still wish Michael and Tori weren't moving back especially Michael. She'll be back raising her mother's kids and everything else. That was the only good thing about the girls marrying and moving away. They wouldn't have to do Kelly's job for them.

Unfortunately, I think Michael might believe that this is her calling. God didn’t give her children of her own, but she can still fulfill her female purpose by investing her time in children. As far as I know, it could be seen as the status of  older unmarried women (spinsters). God wanted something different for them and so they serve in other ways. It’s a wicked angle but I am sure Kelly would work it. On the one hand it takes the guilt out of their infertility (no children=punishment by God) on the other hand it’s an easy way to take advantage of her. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

I'm a spinster, lol just 36 but I would hate it if I had to watch other people kids. TBH I don't even like babysitting my best friends kids. They're 5 and 7 and fight all the time. Going to lunch with them is exhausting. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

To be fair Michaella does seem to like to spend time with children a lot, and for those kids its probably very nice too to have someone giving them one on one attention. 

Anyway with the nursing school i doubt Kelly can dump all the work on her again, she will not have that much time left.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Anyway with the nursing school i doubt Kelly can dump all the work on her again, she will not have that much time left.

I hope she goes to a real nursing school. She's nurturing. She can actually help people. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I hope she goes to a real nursing school. She's nurturing. She can actually help people. 

I hope so too. I do hope that if she does become an actual nurse that she doesn’t use it as an extension of evangelization. I had an ex-boyfriend whose mother was a L&D nurse. She used to “punish” (her words) teen moms by making sure they didn’t get an epidural until the very last minute. I don’t know if Michaela is that spiteful or judgmental, but I could see a fundie doing something like that. 

• Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 20

From John and Alyssa Ig they went to the doctor for a post surgery check up and for now Alyssa is healed, there is a small chance that the problem come back in six months, but after that she will be clear and officially healed 

I hope for them that this time is for good and they wait another six months before trying for the 4th blessing 

• Upvote 20

On 9/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I'm a spinster, lol just 36 but I would hate it if I had to watch other people kids. TBH I don't even like babysitting my best friends kids. They're 5 and 7 and fight all the time. Going to lunch with them is exhausting. 

That was me at 40. One of my best friends was getting married and told me that when she has kids I could come over and help her. She assumed that since I wasn’t married that motherhood was off the table for me. Well no thanks. I never liked watching other people’s children (niece and nephew being the exception). As luck would have it I was able to have one of my own. 

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

From John and Alyssa Ig they went to the doctor for a post surgery check up and for now Alyssa is healed, there is a small chance that the problem come back in six months, but after that she will be clear and officially healed 

I hope for them that this time is for good and they wait another six months before trying for the 4th blessing 

In 6 months and 1 day, she'll be pregnant again. She needs her John Junior so she can purchase blue boy outfits and enjoy the BIG differences between male and female babies. If #4 is another girl, she said she was stopping, so #prayforagirl #nomorebatesplease

What is obvious at that point is that they are preventing pregnancies. Of course it's a private question, but it would be great if they publicy said that BC is an acceptable option.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That was me at 40. One of my best friends was getting married and told me that when she has kids I could come over and help her. She assumed that since I wasn’t married that motherhood was off the table for me. Well no thanks. I never liked watching other people’s children (niece and nephew being the exception). As luck would have it I was able to have one of my own. 

Just because I don’t have kids, doesn’t mean I want to spend my time with other people’s kids. I have a friend that constantly tells me I have a lot of time. Sometimes hints that I should take hers. Ummm no I work 60 hours a week and take care of my parents. I’m not about to watch hers lol 

Loved watching my nephew. Until the little shit decided to hide from me in Toys R Us in some shelf. Took 2 employees to help me find him. Almost had a heart attack. Never babysat after that ??‍♀️

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I'm not a Bates' fan by any means, but damn.

"? Stop putting that man in pink and give him a son already. (There are MANY things you can do to increase your chances of conceiving a boy). Google it."

"NOPE! Men release millions of sperm. Both male and female. The woman’s body is either more hospitable for female or male sperm. Therefore, the female actually DOES choose. Alyssa should obviously buy an alkaline douche and have intercourse the day of ovulation. It isn’t rocket science. ?"

"Hahahahaha!!! Lol!!! Noooooooooo!!! That has nothing to do with Sperm. I’m going to give you the chance to research and retract your statement before looking like more of a fool. Go on....read"

John's response: "Thank the Lord for google! Wow! I mean crazy! How did we not think of this before! ??‍♂️??‍♂️?#DaddyLovesHisGirls ?"

In other news, the US really needs to work on its biology courses.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

I never really had the babysitting problem for me its always been more if you don't have kids then your time isn't important. Like always having to have lunch at eleven because those with kids were so busy and had so much to do and just assumed those without kids will just go along with it because you couldn't possibly be busy or another time would work better, cause you have no kids so you have all the time in the world to run your errands and get your stuff done.

Or when I used to work at the store and warehouse when it was slow and manage decided to send a few people home early. Its amazing how many with kids immediately assume they should always be the ones to go home early. They have so much to do you know, errands to run, laundry, cleaning, or chance to relax because their so busy. Those of us who didn't have kids didn't mind rotating or even letting those with kids to get it more often. The rare times which got rarer and rarer as time when on that it did happen there were always remarks about how they were busy, they could really use it, and what could I possible need to do since I have no kids? Or management needed need someone to stay late. Well guess who were the ones first to insist they couldn't work late? They have kids to get home to, dinner to put on the table and things to do. It was infuriating that they immediately assumed their time was more important, they should automatically get to leave early and not have to stay late while those that didn't of course they could stay as late as the company needed.  That their time was more important then ours. Finally we had enough and went to management who put in the rotation. Which ticked them off and we "ruined" it. Ah no we just wanted to have the option or take sone off the chances to leave early or not have to work late. Not all of it and we were even fine with them getting it majority of the time. We just wanted to be able to some of the time. They ruined it by always assuming and insisting they be the ones to leave early or not have to work late, acting like our time didn't matter, and their 'tude about the whole thing.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

"? Stop putting that man in pink and give him a son already. (There are MANY things you can do to increase your chances of conceiving a boy). Google it."

"NOPE! Men release millions of sperm. Both male and female. The woman’s body is either more hospitable for female or male sperm. Therefore, the female actually DOES choose. Alyssa should obviously buy an alkaline douche and have intercourse the day of ovulation. It isn’t rocket science. ?"

"Hahahahaha!!! Lol!!! Noooooooooo!!! That has nothing to do with Sperm. I’m going to give you the chance to research and retract your statement before looking like more of a fool. Go on....read"

John's response: "Thank the Lord for google! Wow! I mean crazy! How did we not think of this before! ??‍♂️??‍♂️?#DaddyLovesHisGirls ?"

In other news, the US really needs to work on its biology courses.

I saw It and was coming here to post the screenshot...I was like WTAF?? First why do you care if someone has a boy or a girl? Second even if you care why do you have to tell it publicity under their Ig ? And last but not least why it should be a shame for Alyssa?

Gah this people are even worst than fundies somehow 

• Upvote 18

8 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

"?

I like John's response. High 5 Johnny boy.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

@JordynDarby5 I get that ALL THE TIME!! Even from my best friend. I'll say something like I need to do the dishes when I get home and she'll reply with well you have a lot of time to do the dishes because you don't have to wrangle kids. First her kids are 5 and 7. Old enough to entertain themselves in their room for a bit. Second I work crazy hours and it's very draining. As anyone can attest, no one wants to go home and do dishes. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

John’s response was on point. I can’t believe people would be so nasty! There’s nothing wrong with having girls  Ffs. Also? John is a grown man and a fundie headship to boot. If he doesn’t want to wear pink, he doesn’t have to. Clearly it’s not something that matters much to him. 

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 19

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

@JordynDarby5 I get that ALL THE TIME!! Even from my best friend. I'll say something like I need to do the dishes when I get home and she'll reply with well you have a lot of time to do the dishes because you don't have to wrangle kids. First her kids are 5 and 7. Old enough to entertain themselves in their room for a bit. Second I work crazy hours and it's very draining. As anyone can attest, no one wants to go home and do dishes. 

I got this all the time before I adopted my daughters. Now I get, "well, at least you didn't have to go through pregnancy and childbirth." 

• Angry 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 11
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I got this all the time before I adopted my daughters. Now I get, "well, at least you didn't have to go through pregnancy and childbirth." 

Seriously? People actually say that? Wow people suck.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13

On 9/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I don’t bring my kids around my childless friends very often. Actually I don’t bring them around my friends with kids unless it’s for a specific kid play date. Otherwise I always assume most people don’t enjoy my children. And I’m probably assuming correctly. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Poor you! What a disgusting thing to say, my heart goes out to you. In case you manage not to punch people who say such crap, I admire your self-control! 

• Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

The Bateses always get the weirdest people commenting on their stuff. (Shout out to creepy Becky...)

It makes sense. Fundie humpers are most likely wanting to mimic their lives. They are likely to be Christians who believe penis holders are the rulers of the world. Fundies believe garbage and so do their humpers.

• Upvote 5

Ok so here's the thing- sex of a baby is definitely determined by X or Y-carrying sperm. But I think the comments on Alyssa's instagram, while abhorrent, are not totally off-base. They are reflecting the poor science literature education in the US and other countries, and honesty the way bloggers write about science articles. 

For example, this article (https://www.nowtolove.com.au/parenting/pregnancy-birth/gender-selection-can-you-really-influence-the-sex-of-your-baby-18579) and many others like it explains the popular suggestions for gender determination, including food/supplements that change a woman's reproductive tract pH, and timing/position of intercourse based on pH levels and temperature and which X or Y sperm should fare better. 

Now that might sound like a load of crock, and for the nasty person telling to Alyssa "to douche" to "give John a boy", yes they are wrong

BUT

there have been real scientific studies looking at environmental effects on enriching a population of X- or Y-carrying sperm, for example (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654200/). Basically in this study, scientists looked at the ratio of X- to Y-carrying sperm in a sample in lab-made "normal body conditions" and then changed an aspect of the environment and saw what ratio of sperm remained. What this article found, for example, is that a less acidic/more basic environment does seem to slightly increase the ratio of Y-carrying sperm surviving vs X-carrying sperm from starting conditions by 5-10 % points, and a higher temperature reduces the amount of Y-carrying sperm that survive. 1997369389_ScreenShot2019-09-09at10_51_42PM.png.fd430e91525521ac84696add5391b3a6.png

As you can see, the effect is not overwhelming, and by no means a guarantee, especially in an actual human body. Basically the douche commenter (teehee) is right in the sense that Alyssa and John could maybe increase their odds of conceiving a boy by about 5% with a less acidic reproductive environment but it's definitely still close to 50/50.  They are definitely totally rude and still the worst though.

(Sorry for the surprise science report!)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

Alyssa reviewed an appliance to clean makeup brushes. It’s an ad so of course she says it’s a great thing but when demonstrating how to use it, Alyssa didn’t show the results. So... my first thought was that it must be crap. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Alyssa reviewed an appliance to clean makeup brushes. It’s an ad so of course she says it’s a great thing but when demonstrating how to use it, Alyssa didn’t show the results. So... my first thought was that it must be crap. 

I have an appliance to clean makeup brushes--its called hot water, soap and my two hands.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I have an appliance to clean makeup brushes--its called hot water, soap and my two hands.

Without actually showing the supposedly cleaned brushes, Alyssa then rinsed them in the sink. Then, the video ended... 

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic