IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

Hopefully Alyssa starts feeling better soon. Hate their beliefs and am mystified by their lifestyle, but her kids deserve a healthy mom and Alyssa deserves to feel healthy too. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Callie is 10. She's not babysitting 3 toddlers, I doubt John and Alyssa would accept that. I think Kelly has allowed her to go to Florida as some kind of reward or special time...

I didn't say Callie was babysitting, I thought she may be a "mother's helper" to Kelly. As in, Kelly would watch the little girls and keep house while Alyssa was sick and Callie would be there too. It was meant to be snark on Kelly who doesn't seem to do much work by herself. That's all. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:41 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I don't wanna google plexus as I don't want adds popping up. I'm in Australia and I don't think we have it anyway.

I see it mentioned here all the time what the hell is it?

Is it like Herbalife?

There is definitly Plexus in Australia. A few years ago two of our friends there was selling it. One of them did well enough to get invited to several trips around Australia and one to the US. She was all ”plexus is amazing” all the time for a while and then suddenly stopped talking about it. We’re not close friends so I’m not sure what happened. She probably realised what a scam it was. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 8/31/2019 at 11:32 PM, Iamtheway said:

There is definitly Plexus in Australia. A few years ago two of our friends there was selling it. One of them did well enough to get invited to several trips around Australia and one to the US. She was all ”plexus is amazing” all the time for a while and then suddenly stopped talking about it. We’re not close friends so I’m not sure what happened. She probably realised what a scam it was. 

She probably went broke from buying stock!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

John might be selling Plexus. He posted an advertisement for a mystery 30 day challenge today. According to Sharia Hale's IG, Plexus is running a campaign right now where people sign up to use Plexus for 30 days but don't talk about it until after they're done. It could also be Herbalife, since they push those sorts of challenges. Regardless, what the hell is he doing?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

2 minutes ago, albireo said:

John might be selling Plexus. He posted an advertisement for a mystery 30 day challenge today. According to Sharia Hale's IG, Plexus is running a campaign right now where people sign up to use Plexus for 30 days but don't talk about it until after they're done. It could also be Herbalife, since they push those sorts of challenges. Regardless, what the hell is he doing?

I suspect that, as Alyssa has been sick for months (since last winter, maybe?) she hasn't been working in the cleaning business. Plus the medical expenses. Maybe that's why they need more money?

• Upvote 8

Doesn’t John work for his family’s HVAC company and help Alyssa with cleaning? If he is looking for a third source of income to help his family, then he is way ahead of most of these fundies who seem to be all about the gritting instead of working a real job. I am with the previous poster that money is likely needed to make up for losing Alyssa’s income and medical expenses. I hope they have real insurance and not samaritan or  whatever it is called. Alyssa’s out-of-pocket expenses for medication alone can add up. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

His father is a fucking politician in Congress (=senator?). He is employed in the family business. They shouldn’t be hurting money because of medical bills. And excuse me but I who doesn’t insure their employees well? Especially if it’s your relatives? That’s just what a decent human does.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

His father is a fucking politician in Congress (=senator?). He is employed in the family business. They shouldn’t be hurting money because of medical bills. And excuse me but I who doesn’t insure their employees well? Especially if it’s your relatives? That’s just what a decent human does.

Taliban Dan has always been about the leave and cleave. Many family businesses expect each family member/employee to buy their own plan. That's one of the down points on a small business. 

• Upvote 7

Fun fact- my husband and I are thinking of relocating to the Orlando area. Looking at just googlemaps of the area revealed there is a Daniel Webster Western Beltway. Maybe we should reconsider for that reason alone !

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

The vast majority of Americans could easily be in financial trouble because of medical bills.  Even if you have insurance, your insurance doesn't pay for everything.  Far, far from it.  Even if you have substantial savings, a serious illness could easily wipe that out. 

That's why we really need healthcare reform so badly. 

(Also Taliban Dan is a Representative, not a Senator---so not nearly as high of a rank.) 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

The vast majority of Americans could easily be in financial trouble because of medical bills.  Even if you have insurance, your insurance doesn't pay for everything.  Far, far from it.  Even if you have substantial savings, a serious illness could easily wipe that out. 

That's why we really need healthcare reform so badly. 

(Also Taliban Dan is a Representative, not a Senator---so not nearly as high of a rank.) 

This is accurate for me. Back in May I started having heart palpitations and shortness of breath. Ended up being diagnosed with an incurable pulmonary disease. Since then we've racked up over $5000 in medical bills. Our insurance has paid $27000 of our medical bills. And this has all accumulated since June. My monthly prescriptions reach almost $200 a month now and I'm still awaiting the final part of my treatment, which is a medicine pump. Expecting our out-of-pocket cost to skyrocket once I get that and have a 4-5 day hospital stay. It's depressing.

• Love 29

Accurate with me too. My parents had decent money, savings, and insurance. But medical bills, lay offs and business closing wiped out all of that. Same with me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 14

Ugh, I'm sitting on the couch recovering from a minor but urgently necessary surgery and am DREADING that bill coming...

Edited by ModestisHottest
accidentally pressed save too early
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13

On John's insta story there was a trademarked "Optimal Weight 5 and 1 plan", so I googled it and it's Optavia, which is an MLM. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Never heard of that brand before. 

They must be really desperate. Don't they also get money from the show? Maybe they need to move back to TN (oh how Kelly would love that) to get more screen time and get paid more?!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Never heard of that brand before. 

They must be really desperate. Don't they also get money from the show? Maybe they need to move back to TN (oh how Kelly would love that) to get more screen time and get paid more?!

Now I'm thinking of exactly how much debt I would need to have before having the Bates family in my life on a regular basis would seem like a viable alternate option. At least 6 figures, but at that point I might just consider faking my own death as the best option. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

@clueliss it is, I went back and checked! 

So weird to see John shilling for an mlm, especially one geared towards weightloss. He's always been shown to enjoy fitness and be fairly athletic. 

From the Optavia site: 

Spoiler

At OPTAVIA, we help you realize Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a TimeTM. Our approach to health is radically different. We believe Optimal Health and Wellbeing is about what's added to your life, not what's subtracted from the scale. These habits add to your quality of life by getting your mind and body working together to work for you.

For most, it starts with achieving a healthy weight. This is the catalyst for changes. When you achieve your healthy weight, you may increase your health, confidence, and vitality. You create space for the life you want.

OPTAVIA works because it's simple and easy to follow. Our proprietary products and programs are based on nearly 40 years of experience, and have been used by more than 1 million Clients and recommended by more than 20,000 doctors since their founding.

Proven nutrition gets you where you want to go, OPTAVIA Coaches make sure you never go it alone. OPTAVIA Coaches are the lifeblood of our program. No matter what you are facing, your Coach has likely been in your very same shoes and can help steer you to success. And when you are part of OPTAVIA, you are part of a community of like-minded, like-hearted people who support each other through and through.

It's not about a smaller you. It's about a healthier you, living your best life. The life you want is waiting. All you have to do is take the first step.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Alyssa move back to TN? Ain't gonna happen. I'm willing to bet she and John were asked at the same time Michael/Brandon and Tori/Bobby were. Alyssa loves her FL too much.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Alyssa move back to TN? Ain't gonna happen. I'm willing to bet she and John were asked at the same time Michael/Brandon and Tori/Bobby were. Alyssa loves her FL too much.

I can't blame her for not wanting to move back.  She always wanted to put a little distance between her and her family.  She loves them, but she's just not a big, loud, "spend all their time at Mom and Dad's house" kind of person.  I completely understand. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Considering the fact the show is on the Up network that most people have either never heard of or don’t know exist, I would guess they don’t receive much money from it. Gill and Kelly likely need all the money they can get to just get by so they take whatever Up will offer. It’s not like they have any bargaining power. No other network will take them. All the married kids either work and/or their spouses work. That wouldn’t be happening if money was abundant. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Kelly already tried in season seven or eight I don't remember which but it was before Michael and Tori both announced they were moving back to TN. Alyssa clearly wasn't interested and I'm sure Kelly was motivated by Carlin's upcoming wedding. She soon would be down to only Katie to raise her kids. I was glad when Alyssa said no. I still wish Michael and Tori weren't moving back especially Michael. She'll be back raising her mother's kids and everything else. That was the only good thing about the girls marrying and moving away. They wouldn't have to do Kelly's job for them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I still think the married guys would work if they made more money. That’s always been a huge complaint from fans in Duggar land. How are they supporting a family with no job. The point of males in fundieland is to be able to support a family on one income, his. It would be seen as a failed for them to not. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic