IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

Alyssa constantly dressing the girls in marching dresses reminds me SO much of the Bates girls having to wear matching frumpers. Alyssa was so quick to break free fashion wise that it is surprising to me that she has basically put a slightly modern spin on the forcing your children to dress the exact same thing.

177D3851-EA40-4888-BD50-F9B6A1AA9E65.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Alyssa constantly dressing the girls in marching dresses reminds me SO much of the Bates girls having to wear matching frumpers

The dresses are free, someone gives her most of the outfits. I wonder if she post pictures of every new dress, in order to let that leghumper see the result. It's very very weird for me, I would never accept such amount of gifts, not let an stranger decide my outfits (at least not constantly... but you can send me a couple jeans and polos for my kids back-to-school. Thanks).

Jokes aside, I wonder what makes someone buy dozens of dresses for a family that obviously are not in need. Why not buying clothes for the poor? Of course we don't know if that leghumper also does, but I have the impression that she's using Alyssa+girls as paper dolls. Sorry for being so mean with my comment, but I feel uncomfortable with this issue.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jokes aside, I wonder what makes someone buy dozens of dresses for a family that obviously are not in need. Why not buying clothes for the poor? Of course we don't know if that leghumper also does, but I have the impression that she's using Alyssa+girls as paper dolls. Sorry for being so mean with my comment, but I feel uncomfortable with this issue.

Probably the same kind of person who delivers Chick Fil A to a bunch of voluntourists in the Bahamas.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

In the latest IG with a photo from yesterday, the gifter of all these clothes did reply (thus identifying herself) in regards to where she purchases the outfits. Her private account is also followed by both Erin P. And Josie B. I wonder if she also supplies those families with gifted clothing?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In the latest IG with a photo from yesterday, the gifter of all these clothes did reply (thus identifying herself) in regards to where she purchases the outfits. Her private account is also followed by both Erin P. And Josie B. I wonder if she also supplies those families with gifted clothing?

I’m pretty sure Josie has mentioned gifts from her. I’ve always wonder what’s the story with that girl. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 9/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone tell her about Cinema Secrets or Sonia Kashuk. All you need is that and a paper towel. :pb_lol:

You so funny. Alyssa is totally pay for play baby.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

May I present today’s edition of “What’s Alyssa Shilling Now?”, ladies? ??

As per her Instagram, she’s a huge fan of FabKids. Her daughter’s were included in the video aka sponsored post and truth be told, they are adorable. Still, I’m not a fan of people including their children in online money making schemes. But the Bates fam isn't new to that so... nothing really surprising in this regard. 

On a positive note, the three girls (especially Ally and Lexi) seemed relaxed, playful and in a good mood. So I do hope that Alyssa has not only ditched being skirts only, but also Refrains from blanket training and other corporal punishments. But I know that this is likely a very naive wish and it’s important not to get lured into this image she tries to create. 

Us discussing the Websters and other public fundy families has made me wonder how I would act if I had children. I don’t (at least not yet, no idea what the future holds) but... would I share their photos online? Granted, I don’t have as many followers as the Bateses or Duggers, but putting someone’s photo online without their consent is always tricky. I don’t judge people who do, I actually really like seeing friends post sweet pics with their littles. Still, I’m not sure what I’d do. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

Lexi kills me. She's such a goofball. I'm glad that they're not squashing their kids to obey yet. They seem to be happy free kids.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Alyssa's stepped up the sponsored posts recently. That, combined with John's attempt at a MLM, makes me think that they may be in need of additional income. The reason why is pretty obvious too: Alyssa's heart problems must have been expensive to treat. I would hope Gil would shell out some additional cash for this, but probably not.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

. I would hope Gil would shell out some additional cash for this, but probably not.

I would hope Daniel Webster, seeing how his own son struggles with medical payments, would support free healthcare or at least that the government could control medical prices, but probably not.

10 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Lexi kills me. She's such a goofball. I'm glad that they're not squashing their kids to obey yet. They seem to be happy free kids.

Most fundie toddlers look happy. Unfortunately, it does not mean they are well treated. Even Zsu's little ones used to look happy, while we positively know they were beaten since they start to walk. (Not saying Webster girls are! Just that a happy face, silly behaviour or even throwing a tantrum is not the evidence of a free childhood).

• Upvote 15

12 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Alyssa's stepped up the sponsored posts recently. That, combined with John's attempt at a MLM, makes me think that they may be in need of additional income. The reason why is pretty obvious too: Alyssa's heart problems must have been expensive to treat. I would hope Gil would shell out some additional cash for this, but probably not.

I worked for the state when I had my procedure like that. Even with insurance, I ended up paying $1600 out of pocket. I doubt it has gone down in price. And to have a second one would also cost, though it is possible it would be less since she might have met the deductible. If she was like me, she probably had some expensive tests prior, including things like the table test where they raise you up and down quickly to see when you pass out. Fun and expensive times!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

A few days ago Alyssa posted a picture of her girls with Lawson on her Instagram story. The oldest one (Allie?) was dressed up as Bob the Builder. Sure, she has a big, oversized, yellow bow on her head, but I was honestly shocked to see that because Bob the Builder is *gasp* a boy thing. I didn't see anyone mention it here on FJ so... here's the picture that an instascrapbooker saved:

Also, I didn't know Bob the Builder was still popular? I remember watching that show with my brother when we were kids.

• Upvote 11

56 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

A few days ago Alyssa posted a picture of her girls with Lawson on her Instagram story. The oldest one (Allie?) was dressed up as Bob the Builder. Sure, she has a big, oversized, yellow bow on her head, but I was honestly shocked to see that because Bob the Builder is *gasp* a boy thing. I didn't see anyone mention it here on FJ so... here's the picture that an instascrapbooker saved:

Also, I didn't know Bob the Builder was still popular? I remember watching that show with my brother when we were kids.

I believe she dressed her like that because she was heading to AWANAS and that was the dress up theme. Or something like that. It looks like all three of the girls participate in their church’s AWANAS group. I feel like Gil and Kelly would have been against that for Alyssa when she was that age. It’s a Christian group. But it’s kind of mainstream Christian. So the kids may have been exposed to some fundies that weren’t IBLP/ATI.

• Upvote 9

Alyssa said on IG that she wears skirts and dresses on the show because it’s her fathers rule. The show is also her dads show according to her.

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Alyssa said on IG that she wears skirts and dresses on the show because it’s her fathers rule. The show is also her dads show according to her.

Oops! Sounds like a little shade thrown Gil's way. Plus, I don't blame her since she probably makes money off her appearances on the show.

• Upvote 5

here is the exact wording. 

Why i I find this interesting is I know we’ve had a lot of discussion on here about the payment for these shows. If it is in fact Gil’s show then does he get all the money and dole it out like we assume that Jimbob does. 

What if the kids go along with being on the show in order to get followers so they can make money via IG. 

AE1BD1B4-B746-4536-9749-1D40C5112CC2.jpeg

4C4B36F9-7F7C-4FB3-BAA1-1E5198752025.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

I dont agree with Alyssa. It is a show about growing up in a family of 19 and the lifes of the 19 siblings: marrying, having kids, their studies and jobs. It maybe was a show about Gil and Kelly having kids when they were still having them, but that is long past.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

It has never been about Gil and Kelly, it has always been about the kids. Without the kids there would be no show. Without the grown kids now I doubt there would be a show. If Gil and Kelly are taking all the money then I sure as hell hope one of these people marry into someone smart enough to realize that is not right and demands their own contract and money. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Oops! Sounds like a little shade thrown Gil's way. Plus, I don't blame her since she probably makes money off her appearances on the show.

I don't think Alyssa was throwing shade at Gil. She actually said the skirts/dresses thing was her parents' rule, not her father's, and it didn't sound like she was throwing shade at all.

However, she did say that BUB was her father's show, which IMHO is just another aspect of their patriarchal worldview. I'd say it's her family's show, but sure, call it her parents' show if you prefer. But in what world is it Gil's show any more than it is Kelly's? I guess in a fundie world.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 9/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Alyssa constantly dressing the girls in marching dresses reminds me SO much of the Bates girls having to wear matching frumpers. Alyssa was so quick to break free fashion wise that it is surprising to me that she has basically put a slightly modern spin on the forcing your children to dress the exact same thing.

These looks are very fundie VonTrapp family. I was at the Hollywood Bowl Sound of Music sing-a-long last night and there were so many little kids dressed like this. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

here is the exact wording. 

Why i I find this interesting is I know we’ve had a lot of discussion on here about the payment for these shows. If it is in fact Gil’s show then does he get all the money and dole it out like we assume that Jimbob does. 

What if the kids go along with being on the show in order to get followers so they can make money via IG. 

AE1BD1B4-B746-4536-9749-1D40C5112CC2.jpeg

4C4B36F9-7F7C-4FB3-BAA1-1E5198752025.jpeg

There's a lot to disagree with regarding the Bates, but I don't think this is one of them. I think she handled it well. And it's her decision as an adult daughter to respect the decision of her father/parents regarding the show and what they are asked to wear. 

There are things that my husband and I do with/for/around our parents that we don't do in our regular family life. It's out of respect that they are our parents. (They aren't fundie). Not everything has to be a fight against others. Wearing skirts/dresses is the least of the problems with their beliefs anyway. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic