IGNORED

Alyssa and John 4: SOTDRT Next Generation

GreyhoundFan

14 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

I also wonder if Alyssa may have preferred her sister to her parents helping her out. 

I was going to add this. Who would you (collective... all of you or anyone) prefer staying at your house and helping with kids and meals, etc... Kelly or Katie? And moreover, who would your husband prefer? Pretty sure Katie wins, hands down.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

I was going to add this. Who would you (collective... all of you or anyone) prefer staying at your house and helping with kids and meals, etc... Kelly or Katie? And moreover, who would your husband prefer? Pretty sure Katie wins, hands down.

I would prefer Katie. That said, if I remember correctly, Kelly and Gil or just Kelly traveled to be there during the procedure, did a few pics with her in recovery, and then traveled back to Tennessee for Carlin's (I think) wedding shower. 

I'm an only child so my parents would have (and were) there for me after the same procedure, but if they couldn't be, they would have been the first to hire in help or have things taken care of for me as a gesture of helping. I guess that's the point of sending Katie. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I would prefer Katie. That said, if I remember correctly, Kelly and Gil or just Kelly traveled to be there during the procedure, did a few pics with her in recovery, and then traveled back to Tennessee for Carlin's (I think) wedding shower. 

I'm an only child so my parents would have (and were) there for me after the same procedure, but if they couldn't be, they would have been the first to hire in help or have things taken care of for me as a gesture of helping. I guess that's the point of sending Katie. 

Gil went too. I think, given the circumstances, that they likely made the right choice. They were there to make sure Alyssa got through surgery and back home ok and then they went back home to support Carlin during a genuinely happy time in her life. That also meant that Alyssa was likely really able to rest at home without her parents possibly mucking stuff up and Katie got some quality time with her sister and her family as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Katie was actually happy to help either. She got to spend a week or so in a Florida away from the rest of the family. It might have felt more like a vacation fur her in some ways. 

They still obviously had too many kids to properly care for and be there for, but there’s nothing to be done about that at this point. So I do think they likely did the best thing given the circumstances. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

The Bates kids are home schooled so they could have taken a break during the time and flown down or Kelly could have taken the Webster kids for a few weeks to help with the recovery. I wonder if johns parents didn’t help out as well. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

The Bates kids are home schooled so they could have taken a break during the time and flown down or Kelly could have taken the Webster kids for a few weeks to help with the recovery. I wonder if johns parents didn’t help out as well. 

I wonder about John’s family. Maybe they are more private because we don’t see a lot of them. John’s family gets together for softball games. But you don’t see pictures from visiting their home. Are they all spread out around FL, or do the Webster’s all live in the same area of the state?

• Upvote 5

On 7/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, CarrotCake said:

I'm the second girl (and no younger siblings).

I know my parents actually wanted a boy but really did not care as soon as I was born. I don't think it is a shame to prefer one gender as long as you love your child as much if they are the other gender.

And gender does not say anything. My dad was just glad he had a kid to build treehouses with ?

I have two sisters. The youngest was definitly supposed to be a boy. We had a name for him and everything. We joke about it with my sister sometimes but our parents have never made any of us feel bad about ourselves or like we were anything less then they wanted. 

I have a kid that loves pink, flowers, dresses, crafts, singing, dancing and glitter. But also guns, cars, climbing, running, playing computergames and wrestling. He says he doesn’t know if he is a boy or a girl and I just wish he’ll get to continue to be himself for as long as possible. 

On 8/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, Bobology said:

You mean because she’d actually help?

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

You mean because she’d actually help?

^^ In reference to Alyssa/John preferring Katie over Kelly to come and help out at home during Alyssa's surgery...

Yes, and because she wouldn't be a hindrance. And she wouldn't butt in with unwanted 'advice.'  And she wouldn't be over-the-top about everything. And everything else that would make Katie a better helper during surgery.

• Upvote 6

On 8/15/2019 at 5:14 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder about John’s family. Maybe they are more private because we don’t see a lot of them. John’s family gets together for softball games. But you don’t see pictures from visiting their home. Are they all spread out around FL, or do the Webster’s all live in the same area of the state?

John works in the family business, so they must be in good terms. His parents babysit from time to time. As they have a lot of young grandkids, I suppose they have to share their time between the different families and cannot focus in John's offspring.

At the beginning of the relationship, Alyssa was more involved (or at least more publicy involved) with Webster's clan and was very close to one of John's sisters. It's difficult to know if they are less bonded now or if the other Websters want to be more private or to put some distance with the Bates. Alyssa has a private IG account and maybe it's there where she posts pictures with John's family. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

So I’ve noticed that Josie and Alyssa have both mentioned that that this woman @tilky_pantilavillarreal has gifted them a lot of stuff. From what I remember she has given them like high quality, brand name stuff.

I wonder a) where did she come from and b) why does she give them all of this gifts?

I need me a friend like that tbh

D7243E72-CBD9-4089-81A9-FA336FB025AB.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

”almost all of our matching outfits” :shock:

That is A LOT of outfits. Who is this woman? And do you think she also gives gifts to heathens? Asking for a friend ... :shifty:

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I just said recently she must spend a lot of money on their matching outfits. Now I know who is spending the money! 

• Upvote 11

I wouldn't accept that huge amount of presents. A couple of matching dresses? Thank you! Dozens of matching dresses? Call the FBI. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wouldn't accept that huge amount of presents. A couple of matching dresses? Thank you! Dozens of matching dresses? Call the FBI. 

I think she must be a fundie friend. Not a fundie humper. Or at least I hope she’s not just a humper. 

• Upvote 5

She could totally be a humper.  Alyssa wasn't raised to turn down free shit. 

ETA: It's also possible it's someone trying to get on her father-in-law's good side. Regardless, it's pretty weird. 

Jesus Christ, is John shilling the PLEXUS now too?

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

ETA: It's also possible it's someone trying to get on her father-in-law's good side. Regardless, it's pretty weird. 

That would be weird if he was. Well the post seems weird because they eat McDonald’s all of the time. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I just hope these kids are smart enough to establish PO Boxes and don't just hand their address over to anyone willing to send them free gifts. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 8/21/2019 at 8:20 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I love that in the comments some one asks which MLM he is selling. John gets all defensive and says he is selling a healthy lifestyle, but still won't give any information. Whenever they say DM me for information it is always an MLM. Plexus? ItWorks? Amway? Shakeology? I wonder which one they have gotten sucked into.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I love that in the comments some one asks which MLM he is selling. John gets all defensive and says he is selling a healthy lifestyle, but still won't give any information. Whenever they say DM me for information it is always an MLM. Plexus? ItWorks? Amway? Shakeology? I wonder which one they have gotten sucked into.

Why is it that they never say?  Is it not allowed?  Do they not want people to google the name and figure out what's going on?

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Why is it that they never say?  Is it not allowed?  Do they not want people to google the name and figure out what's going on?

Just a guess. They want the discussion to be private so others can't jump in and point out how they stuff they claim is fake. I haven't seen it as much with Plexus as I have with ItWorks. Constant vague posting about health and sending messages to find out more. And if anyone asked in the comments what it is the response is always to send a private message. I'm hoping someone will figure out what he is selling and post it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Could be Herbalife. Sounds similar to what I’ve heard people who sell it say. Then again all the MLM promotions are basically the same. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My guess is Herbalife.  I have a friend who sells it - she was a very close friend and housemate throughout college and yet I felt like I was bleeding a rock when trying to get her to tell me which product she was selling and consuming to lose so much weight.  I finally had to give her the, “FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT THE F*CK IS THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT?!”

I have no idea why these MLM’s suggest all the secrecy.  It’s lame. 

Seriously though, is there any MLM these fundie families aren’t selling?  I’ve lost track of how many Alyssa is selling.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Alyssa posted some very normal weekend beach photos in her insta story. The Girls in practical swimwear, not giant modesty dresses (or regular clothes...) that look like they will drown you with their weight.

Dare I hope they will get some legit swimming lessons too? Happy that they get to enjoy their childhood at the beach, those are some of my favourite moments growing up, would have been a shame if they missed out on that!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, formergothardite said:

Whenever they say DM me for information it is always an MLM. Plexus? ItWorks? Amway? Shakeology? I wonder which one they have gotten sucked into.

Yep, while growing up one of my mom's cousin and her husband shilled Amway.   It's typical to keep the communications private and :flyingspaghetti: help you if you end up in their home.   My folks made the mistake of staying with same cousin and they were subjected to the constant pitch that prompted my folks to leave early.   So whenI saw "DM me...." that flagged some kind of MLM to me.

I am guessing that John's job is not providing enough $$, that they are resorting to these schemes.  

• Upvote 5

Perhaps the issue, if there is an issue, is to do with the cost of Alyssa’s medication and surgeries which are possibly rather expensive. Bringing in a little more money might be very beneficial just now. 

• Upvote 4

Perhaps the issue, if there is an issue, is to do with the cost of Alyssa’s medication and surgeries which are possibly rather expensive. Bringing in a little more money might be very beneficial just now. 

Yeah but if I remember correctly from the Reddit MLM-Thread a lot if not most of the people shilling this stuff lose money. So I'm not sure if they're actually are making money with it.
  • Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic