IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

WTAF, here is an idea instead of playing cops and hero wanna be's actually BE cops and fire fighters, and soldiers and earn a living and do real good things instead of just being assholes. 

Noooo the last thing we need is to hand people like this what is essentially a license to kill. 

Earn a living, yes. Be a cop or soldier, absolutely not. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Noooo the last thing we need is to hand people like this what is essentially a license to kill. 

Earn a living, yes. Be a cop or soldier, absolutely not. 

True, but that’s a problem even in Germany at the moment. Studies suggest that both the military and - albeit to a lesser extend - the police force are a save heaven for right-wingers. Both jobs seem to attract white, male, Christian ultra-conservatives wo want to exercise power, be armed and in uniform and who have a dislike for those who are not male, white and Christian. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

On 10/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, LacyMay said:

Was this the photo that you were referencing? 

This family seems kookoo bananas which is hard because I'm starting to accept that Kendra might be my pet fundy too bad her dad seems like a craptastic individual.

20191018_162958.jpg

Yes!  That's the one.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I think there should be serious intake exams for police and the military to screen for racism, sexism, and other kinds of bias.  If you can't be respectful towards everyone, you shouldn't get a weapon in the name of the government. 

But I'm pretty sure this would disqualify a huge number of applicants and they would have trouble filling posts, so that's why they won't do it. 

• Upvote 32
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

You can’t blacklist people and restrict peoples livelihoods for their private opinions nor should that ever ever happen. If they act criminally or unprofessionally then take action. 

Well, you can. Plenty of examples. I don’t want to live in that world though. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Also it's practically impossible. Implicit bias affects virtually everyone.

I do agree, however, that obviously racist or extremist candidates should not be accepted into any kind of public service, and anyone behaving unprofessionally should be reprimanded and/or removed depending on the severity of their misbehaviour.

• Upvote 16

Our university hospital system has a personality type of screening test. It's online and you have to do it before you get an interview. So there are plenty of ways to screen employees that is legal. You also can look at social media as part of your screening process and have hate speech policies in place that could disqualify applicants who breech that.

There is a massive problem with the rampant racism and bigotry and active hate in the military and law enforcement circles in many of our communities. It's more than just political opinions and different viewpoints. And the problem is self-perpetuating and makes recruitment of diverse candidates even more difficult. I don't know how to fix it. It makes me very sad to think about the many many obstacles on the way to improving our police forces. There are many involved who care deeply about improving things, but it feels like a forever-uphill battle. The documentary The Force is worth a watch for people interested.

I'm not sure we have gotten info before about which Duggars get their GED. They would likely need at least that in order to apply for any military or LEO jobs.

• Upvote 22

They’re not going to join the military or a real law enforcement agency. That would require adherence to actual laws and rules that wouldn’t be okay with them on several levels (no preaching on the job, get there on time...). Plus they would have to work with and even for heathen pants-wearing women.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Typo
  • Upvote 12

13 minutes ago, elf1590 said:

So Kendra should have baby #2 any day now! Any bets on when it'll be?

I think it will happen in october. I don’t think she’ll get to November. My guess is Oct 27th

43 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think it will happen in october. I don’t think she’ll get to November. My guess is Oct 27th

I agree, I don't think she'll make it to November either. I'll guess Oct 25

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

I'm always hoping for a Halloween Duggerling?!

When I was doing my fundie SIMS, one daughter was born on my time scale equivalent of Oct 31 and I was delighted. I've stopped playing for now, but she was going to grow up to be a badass wiccan. We can only dream.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I doubt they would ever let a Duggar Grand be born on Halloween if it possibly be avoided avoided. 

I think the “hip” Fundies like the Vuolos and the Seewalds will allow the kids to dress in non scary Cowboy, Princess, Animal ETC costumes and get candy at relatives houses. They will call it dress up or something to make themselves better about it all. I know there are pictures of Josh and Twins dressed up for Halloween.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I doubt they would ever let a Duggar Grand be born on Halloween if it possibly be avoided avoided. 

I think the “hip” Fundies like the Vuolos and the Seewalds will allow the kids to dress in non scary Cowboy, Princess, Animal ETC costumes and get candy at relatives houses. They will call it dress up or something to make themselves better about it all. I know there are pictures of Josh and Twins dressed up for Halloween.

I could see them doing some kind of church “harvest festival” where everyone dresses up and does a trunk or treat style thing. They would totally not get that it sounds super pagan to celebrate the harvest. You can at least make a semi-religious case for Halloween, what with all saints day the next day. 

Then again, I’m a heathen Catholic so what do I know? 

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I'm guessing it wouldn't be their first choice of dates but even super controlling Steve Maxwell wasn't able to control his daughter being born on Halloween. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I’m not concerned about the size of the fire or the kids nearby - I took mine to a bonfire at a friend’s place a few weeks ago and it’s common in rural areas where clearing bits of scrub, fallen branches etc over large properties is just another job. If they burn it all off in the evening during the cooler months and roast marshmallows or whatever, it’s less dry wood lying around in bushfire season. I do think it’s dumb to do it that close to trees though.

I think Kendra will make it to November. My guess is the 2nd

• Upvote 2

In Norway the alternative and inclusive HalloVenn (Hello Friend) has been used the last couple of years, so that there is an alternative to the "pure and blatant American capitalism" of Halloween. (A tiny bit sarcasm on my side there.) Maybe that could be the fundie alternative. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, Anna Maxwell was born on Halloween, as was Erika Shupe. I guess in fundieland, having someone with a Halloween birthday gives them an excuse to celebrate their birthday and not do anything Halloween related, especially if they’re typical fundies who isolate themselves from all outside influences. The seven youngest Shupe kids are in public school now though, so I wonder how Erika’s dealt with the Halloween stuff.

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, tabitha2 said:

You can’t blacklist people and restrict peoples livelihoods for their private opinions nor should that ever ever happen. If they act criminally or unprofessionally then take action. 

Well, you can. Plenty of examples. I don’t want to live in that world though. 

It isn’t an issue some people privately dislike others. The point I believe @lumpentheologie was making and that I agree with is that we need to make sure our police and military forces consist of people willing to treat others fairly. Racists don’t generally want to be fair. White suprematists specifically might not, either.

Just imagine you’re a non-white woman wanting to report a rape (or any other crime really!) committed by a white guy to a misogynistic, racist cop. Good luck with that. Do you honestly believe a white woman saying she was assaulted by a black guy would receive the exact same treatment? I think in many cases, she wouldn’t. 

We all have likes and dislikes, looks we find attractive and parties we favor over others. Me liking darker guys doesn’t mean I have a racist mindset and would disadvantage blondes. I’m on the political far left but I don’t want conservatives or even right-wingers to be stripped of their rights. Why? Because my preferences aren’t part of a dehumanizing racial ideology. But people who do subscribe to such ideas and ideals shouldn’t be in the police or military and a test to weed them out might be a good idea. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

On 10/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, theotherelise said:

I'm in between Josh and Jana/JD in age and the chickenpox vaccine was released in 1995. I don't think I knew it existed until highschool (03-07). Also, if you don't go to do a well-child check-up every year and have an active pediatrician, you may just not have been offered it. Or maybe they weighed the cost/benefit and decided paying for 19 chickenpox vaccines wasn't worth it for that particular disease.

I think it's a safe bet usually to assume the Duggars are wildly inconsistent and disorganized. I'd apply that to their medical care as well. 

I don't really care about the baby watch or babygeddon, but I am actually slightly curious about if Christina Caldwell is going to just show up with another baby this winter. The Caldwells seem just *lovely* on facebook ?

I'm a few years older. Chickenpox vaccine wasn't around when I got it. I actually got it in 7th grade I think that was 1995/1996. wasn't very widespread. I think most of my friends ended up with chickenpox. I wouldn't lump that vaccine with others for my age group. No one in school even said anything. Times change tho.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm a few years older. Chickenpox vaccine wasn't around when I got it. I actually got it in 7th grade I think that was 1995/1996. wasn't very widespread. I think most of my friends ended up with chickenpox. I wouldn't lump that vaccine with others for my age group. No one in school even said anything. Times change tho.

My old tutor’s son got the chicken pox shot when it first came out in 95/96 right before he went to college. He never got the chicken pox as a kid even when his school had an outbreak he never got it. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

My old tutor’s son got the chicken pox shot when it first came out in 95/96 right before he went to college. He never got the chicken pox as a kid even when his school had an outbreak he never got it. 

So lucky!! Having it at 12 was awful! I think I got it right at the end of an outbreak. My JHS is right across a sidewalk from my elementary school, there were a lot of itchy kids at the same time. Miserable experience. 

• Upvote 3

I was a baby when I got it along with my older siblings. My brother's was so bad he had spots inside his ears. I don't mind not remembering, but gosh what a crappy time that must have been for my mom!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

So lucky!! Having it at 12 was awful! I think I got it right at the end of an outbreak. My JHS is right across a sidewalk from my elementary school, there were a lot of itchy kids at the same time. Miserable experience. 

That’s why he got it because getting it older would be horrible. For what ever reason he was immune from it. Also she was an elementary school teacher as well as a tutor so she was around kids all day so lots of exposure to germs. 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic