IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

Just now, SassyPants said:

Yes, it’s generally called scamming or illegal behaviors like tax evasion. I don’t trust JB and his ways as far as I can see him. The rules do not apply to these folks.

Sure, I agree Duggars will do whatever shady shit they need to for tax purposes and that I REALLY don't understand.

However, the example I was thinking of that I didn't state is some family friends of mine who are immigrants. They are skeptical of the US stock market based on things they lived thru in their home country and so would rather hold assets tied to something tangible.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, jqlgoblue said:

Sure, I agree Duggars will do whatever shady shit they need to for tax purposes and that I REALLY don't understand.

However, the example I was thinking of that I didn't state is some family friends of mine who are immigrants. They are skeptical of the US stock market based on things they lived thru in their home country and so would rather hold assets tied to something tangible.

Real estate investing, if done right, is a good way to make money.  But the best defense against riskis diversification.  The Duggars seem to have most of their wealth tied up in real estate or capital assets, and if this is really the case, their wealth is vulnerable.  Tangible things can also lose value and be worthless.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Real estate investing, if done right, is a good way to make money.  But the best defense against riskis diversification.  The Duggars seem to have most of their wealth tied up in real estate or capital assets, and if this is really the case, their wealth is vulnerable.  Tangible things can also lose value and be worthless.  

Also, like others have mentioned, JB often seems only to consider how cheap a property is to obtain and not how marketable it actually might be. So he has property that he might not be able to unload, or that sits vacant, thereby tying up his capital., while producing no return.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Also, like others have mentioned, JB often seems only to consider how cheap a property is to obtain and not how marketable it actually might be. So he has property that he might not be able to unload, or that sits vacant, thereby tying up his capital., while producing no return.

That really seems to be the way he goes. He seems to have a lot of land that's just that. Vacant. It just sits there. He doesn't seem to stop and think about anything else or doing anything with it. Then is just stuck with land that no one wants. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That really seems to be the way he goes. He seems to have a lot of land that's just that. Vacant. It just sits there. He doesn't seem to stop and think about anything else or doing anything with it. Then is just stuck with land that no one wants. 

That, and it takes them years to flip a property when they actually put their minds to it.  They dither around with a lot of other things (why do they need cows? 'flipping' used cars, really?) instead of focusing their energies on doing one or two things well.  A jack of all trades is a master of none. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That, and it takes them years to flip a property when they actually put their minds to it.  They dither around with a lot of other things (why do they need cows? 'flipping' used cars, really?) instead of focusing their energies on doing one or two things well.  A jack of all trades is a master of none. 

Beyond all else in terms of work and follow through, the Duggars are the epitome of lack of discipline. JB and M had it at one point, or they would have flamed out decades ago, but the 2nd generation never had a chance. There was just never time to focus on anything other than food, wiping butts and Jesus. They live on Duggar Time and a Mañana Mentality. 

TL;DR- Too many kids, and beyond survival there was no time to develop more useful skills and practices.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11

• 4 weeks later...

Happy second anniversary to these dummies! The usual Instagram post is up but it doesn’t say much– all of Kendra’s anecdotes about their relationship have to do with pregnancy, birth, and child rearing, because that’s literally all they’ve done together.

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 1

Why do they always seem to pose Joe standing backwards....so your eyes automatically go to his butt. Not very modest. Oh. Wait. I forgot. Only the girls have to be modest. ?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7

I didn't think the message was all that bad. I donthink they seem to actually be well suited to each other and I think kendra seem to actually like fundy life. I think non fundy kendra would have had a similar life. I think they'll be interesting in a few more babies. They're just so young and seem to be mooching off JB even more than the others. I'm curious if they'll ever be able to support their brood. I think Joy/ Austin and Jinger/Jermey seem the most financially free. I also have a suspicion that Ben may have a real job even if it's not much. I don't see Kendra and joe really making any plans to be able to support themselves 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Fundie personal ads are always such fun.  Especially when they contain nonsensical punctuation! Lauren Hope Caldwell is a prayer warrior and RICH blessing!  Apply today; and be courting in no time!
Continued from;

I think Kendra looks really nice in the picture and they seem genuinely happy with the lifestyle. She also seems like a person that is so bubbly and positive that a laundry room breakdown seems very unlikely.

Finances might be their biggest issue but both of their parents are wealthy so I don't think that will be a problem either.

• I Agree 1

On 8/4/2019 at 10:40 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My mind is like a FJ thread drift on steroids. 

I saw cows and flipping in the same sentence

which lead me to cow tipping

which lead me to Heathers

which lead me to corn nuts

Now I want some  

That is all. 

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I think Kendra looks really nice in the picture and they seem genuinely happy with the lifestyle. She also seems like a person that is so bubbly and positive that a laundry room breakdown seems very unlikely.

I actually think that the people that seem the happiest are the ones more likely to break down at some point

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I actually think that the people that seem the happiest are the ones more likely to break down at some point

Can i ask you why? I mean if someone is happy in his life I don't see why he/she will want to change. Do you think that is all "fake"? For the camera/ the outside/family call it as you want ?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Because a lot of the times it's a facade. No one is that happy all the time.                                                                               

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Kendra absolutely seems smitten and happy and easily content right now. But she's what, 20? In my experience, your life does not just continue in a straight, positive, incline from where you are when you're 20. I can't tell you how many people I know who had a second child and it rocked their world. Or what if your 2nd or 3rd baby has special needs. Even a baby who is colicky or with food sensitivities can cause a massive disruption, let alone a child with more significant needs.

Or maybe your own health hits a snag, you have some hip or nerve damage from childbirth or you develop a GI issue that they can't figure out. Or maybe money gets a little tighter than you realized because your husband's work has slowed down and you have no other means of income. Maybe what started as a great relationship with your in-laws sours just a little bit because someone got offended by something.

Maybe you get postpartum depression or your husband experiences depression or panic attacks which cause him to withdraw physically and emotionally. Maybe you go months without sexual intimacy from health issues or lack of time and all of a sudden you look at your partner and realize you don't actually have much to talk about when the children are at grandma's.

I don't think Kendra is faking it and I think she came from a happy family with very little trouble (besides her mom's health issues). But life can turn on a dime. And when you add umpteen kids to the mix, navigating the dips and turns gets a whole lot harder. 

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

It’s easy to say that someone “would have chosen to be a quiverfull mother at 19 even if she weren’t fundie” when she has literally been groomed for that role from a young age. Of course she seems like a “natural fit.” Of course she doesn’t seem to have any other interests or life goals.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I can see that. I'm described by many people as a "bubbly, happy, cheerful person". What most people don't know is that I'm actually very lonely & do a lot of crying in the shower or in my bed at night. So yeah, I can see that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 26

I think it’s quite easy for Kendra to be happy at this point. She’s considered an adult with 1 kid and a very, very PT job on a tv show. She likely gets paid far more than her skill level and talents would generally command. She has a nice, secure home, food, transportation and seemingly wants for nothing. Her stress level as compared to most is likely very low. She has built in help in parents and aunties. Kendra does not know the life of  rice meals, sleeping on the couch and sneaking food into the bathroom. She never lived in a home with double digits number of blessings. What happens if or when Kendra and Joe have to support their family and lifestyle all on their own volition?

ETA- all these folks are lucky that they don’t have higher end wants because with their skill levels and seemingly low drive to get much of anything done, the realities of the real world could make life very difficult!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

28 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I can see that. I'm described by many people as a "bubbly, happy, cheerful person". What most people don't know is that I'm actually very lonely & do a lot of crying in the shower or in my bed at night. So yeah, I can see that. 

I mention my best friend on here. If anyone saw her pictures on IG or FB, you'd think she's the happiest person on Earth. But what people don't see is that her oldest has apraxia and social issues and her younger one has emotional issues. Both kids are super needy and emotional. They have tantrums over everything. Example: we went out to lunch, everything was great, they were watching a cartoon on the iphone and his water came with ice. There were a lot of tears. But the pictures are very smiley and presentable. She doesn't usually say so but I know she's always close to a breakdown. Hell you take me and my IG pictures are super shiny! I'm having an amazing time. But I cry a lot in the shower. I even cried at work in the bathroom yesterday. The happy facade is so that I don't have to explain my shit situations to people. Saves me the looks and talk.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

51 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think it’s quite easy for Kendra to be happy at this point. She’s considered an adult with 1 kid and a very, very PT job on a tv show. She likely gets paid far more than her skill level and talents would generally command. She has a nice, secure home, food, transportation and seemingly wants for nothing. Her stress level as compared to most is likely very low. She has built in help in parents and aunties. Kendra does not know the life of  rice meals, sleeping on the couch and sneaking food into the bathroom. She never lived in a home with double digits number of blessings. What happens if or when Kendra and Joe have to support their family and lifestyle all on their own volition?

ETA- all these folks are lucky that they don’t have higher end wants because with their skill levels and seemingly low drive to get much of anything done, the realities of the real world could make life very difficult!

Kendra was basically handed everything she wanted out of life at 19.  A husband, a home, and a baby.  I can't imagine reaching my life goals that young.  I would have had no idea where to go next.  I was an idiot at that age, but I was in college studying for my dream job.  I was still learning what I wanted out of life.  Heck, I'm 40 and I'm still figuring it out!  What will Kendra learn over the next 20 years?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, hollyfeller said:

Kendra was basically handed everything she wanted out of life at 19.  A husband, a home, and a baby.  I can't imagine reaching my life goals that young.  I would have had no idea where to go next.  I was an idiot at that age, but I was in college studying for my dream job.  I was still learning what I wanted out of life.  Heck, I'm 40 and I'm still figuring it out!  What will Kendra learn over the next 20 years?

While I hate these shows and do not believe that any children should be subjected before the age of maturation and legal consent, I would love to see where the now adults end up in 20 or 30 years. As far as I can tell, most are basically kids playing house. They have the same skills and maturation that I had as a young girl playing in my room with my dolls.

For all JB’s yammering about his way (isolation, no education, friends, training) being better, I sure don’t see the results backing his claims.

• Upvote 13

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

While I hate these shows and do not believe that any children should be subjected before the age of maturation and legal consent, I would love to see where the now adults end up in 20 or 30 years. As far as I can tell, most are basically kids playing house. They have the same skills and maturation that I had as a young girl playing in my room with my dolls.

For all JB’s yammering about his way (isolation, no education, friends, training) being better, I sure don’t see the results backing his claims.

Right.  Even when I had feminist parents and wide open options, I still dreamed about a man who wanted to marry me and a fluffy white wedding dress.  Luckily I learned that was all a childish fantasy after seriously dating 3 people, living in the real world, and learning that relationships are serious work.  These kids have done NONE of those things.  I got married at 28 after dating for 6 years, thinking I knew everything about him, and he still turned out to be a bastard who had an affair less than 3 years later.  Being 19 and married would have been a nightmare for me.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic