IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

3 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

They also posted a few photos at some sort of fundie camp or retreat. Looks like Mrs. Caldwell and Michelle both spoke on a panel there. 

After doing some snooping, Fort Rock Family Camp had a Discipleship Summit for youth 15-25. Michelle, Christina Caldwell, and Gil Bates were speakers. 

Here’s the link for the website: https://www.discipleshipsummit.org/

Surprisingly, the director of the retreat is Jed Duggar. On the About page there’s a bit about how after their trip to Australia and New Zealand last year he wanted to start his own retreat for youth to get together to learn more about God and that they’ve now held the retreat both last year and this year. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

After doing some snooping, Fort Rock Family Camp had a Discipleship Summit for youth 15-25. Michelle, Christina Caldwell, and Gil Bates were speakers. 

Wow, it’s the entire Duggar Extended Universe.

Scrolling through their insta post, it seems they also had their own SWAT Team? (???) ???

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

This is also a nice way to widen the marriage pool.  Lots of options all around.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

My money is now on at least one of the boys to announce a courtship before Jana does. I am not even sure it will be one of the twins. I wouldn't be shocked if Jason is the next to announce. To drag the topic back to exorcisms, I enjoyed and was terrified by The Exorcism of Emily Rose. The young woman it was loosely based on did indeed lead a tormented life and die a tormented death. This atheist sincerely prays that she is now at peace. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

My money is now on at least one of the boys to announce a courtship before Jana does. I am not even sure it will be one of the twins. I wouldn't be shocked if Jason is the next to announce. To drag the topic back to exorcisms, I enjoyed and was terrified by The Exorcism of Emily Rose. The young woman it was loosely based on did indeed lead a tormented life and die a tormented death. This atheist sincerely prays that she is now at peace. 

Personally, I think one of the twins (or even one of the other boys) will announce something with an Andregg daughter. The ages match up enough for Jed through Jackson to date one of them, and they can use their classic line of "we've been friends with the family for a long time". They've been on 16Kids (2005-06) and CO.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JPickleDuggar said:

Personally, I think one of the twins (or even one of the other boys) will announce something with an Andregg daughter. The ages match up enough for Jed through Jackson to date one of them, and they can use their classic line of "we've been friends with the family for a long time". They've been on 16Kids (2005-06) and CO.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was in the works...they are definitely in the Duggar ‘circle of trust’.  Boob has been using Mr. Andregg as his personal trade school for years, so the Duggboys don’t have to go to a worldly school and get something useful like, oh, maybe an industry certification...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was in the works...they are definitely in the Duggar ‘circle of trust’.  Boob has been using Mr. Andregg as his personal trade school for years, so the Duggboys don’t have to go to a worldly school and get something useful like, oh, maybe an industry certification...

Is he the one who taught the kids how to do stuff to be able to build TTH?

Edited by JPickleDuggar

15 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Surprisingly, the director of the retreat is Jed Duggar. 

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous that he's the "director" of a youth retreat at 20 when the age range of participants according to the website goes up to 25? 

What wisdom/leadership etc is he imparting upon these youth who are 5 years older with likely more life experience? 

Or is this another ego stoking title bestowed upon a duggarling because they are fundy royalty?

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Here’s the link for the website: https://www.discipleshipsummit.org/

Surprisingly, the director of the retreat is Jed Duggar. On the About page there’s a bit about how after their trip to Australia and New Zealand last year he wanted to start his own retreat for youth to get together to learn more about God and that they’ve now held the retreat both last year and this year. 

Gil Bates has the worst fucking name. Keep reading it as Bill Gates and get a massive WHAT THE FUCK?!??!?! before I read the name again.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked if Lauren was courting Jason in the comments under the coffee cup post.?

• Upvote 7

I have been predicting a Lauren Caldwell and a Jed/Jer courtship since Kendra came into the picture. Which seems like forever ago because now they are on baby number 2. But it really wasn't that long ago! 

• Upvote 16

On 7/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Someone asked if Lauren was courting Jason in the comments under the coffee cup post.?

Is it Jason that was buying property a while back? I remember which ever lost boy it was they weren't 18 yet so it seemed weird that they were considered "owners" but I'm sure it was just JB shifting property around to avoid paying taxes. 

• Upvote 5

Yes, Jason bought a house with Boob shortly before his 17th birthday, but he now owns 5-6 properties on his own.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, Jason bought a house with Boob shortly before his 17th birthday, but he now owns 5-6 properties on his own.

JC, I wish that I could figure out Duggar financing...another class I missed while educating myself to be able to support myself and not become a burden on society.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

JC, I wish that I could figure out Duggar financing...another class I missed while educating myself to be able to support myself and not become a burden on society.

It in enviable on the surface, but I don’t think they are as successful as they could be.  They buy properties for dirt cheap (likely cash) because the structures need a lot of work or they are bank owned.  A good strategy, in theory, but they seem to not do a good market analysis of the properties, and buy them based solely on the perceived ‘bargain’ they are getting.  They have a lot of properties that are simply vacant lots (and likely not generating revenue) and they still can’t unload the Baylor Mansion (can’t say I’m shocked). AFAIK, Jana’s tattoo parlor and their rumored RV park property aren’t doing anything for them either.  Long story short, they likely rely heavily on the show for cash income...their holdings don’t bring in enough income to support them all.

Correction to my precious post, Jason still owns the first property he bought jointly with Boob, and four residential lots in his name only.  He recently sold another property he owned with Boobchelle.

• Upvote 10

Where do the boys get the capital to “buy” these properties? Usually you get the job first, then save the money and buy the house. Or you get a bank loan and use the equity from one property to borrow for another (but that involves teh evil Debt). 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Much like Trump’s, I’d Love to see a history of JB and M’s financials. I hate scammers-

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Where do the boys get the capital to “buy” these properties? Usually you get the job first, then save the money and buy the house. Or you get a bank loan and use the equity from one property to borrow for another (but that involves teh evil Debt). 

I’m sure Boob gives them the money, because I highly doubt he’s paying the unmarried kidults a salary.  The show provides the liquid cash they need up front.

Their issue is they aren’t monetizing these properties fast enough to live completely off the income.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m sure Boob gives them the money, because I highly doubt he’s paying the unmarried kidults a salary.  The show provides the liquid cash they need up front.

Their issue is they aren’t monetizing these properties fast enough to live completely off the income.

It’s unfortunate, but it seems that going Gothard sapped the majority of the honest hustle out of JB and prevented his children from ever learning the rewards of honest, hard, sustained work effort. Before getting on the crazy train, JB and M appeared to be like any other hard working couple. They certainly robbed their kids of ever seeing the benefits of that sort of internal drive, output and rewards.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

i bet second mortgages. pa duggar gives him a "mortgage" cough cough money he earned on the show and then he rents it out and gets a second mortgage cough cough loan to buy another property it's  a whole circle. 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 6

On 7/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, SassyPants said:

We really should take fundie financial strategies together. I will bring the bourbon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Some people believe in real estate is better than investing money in mutual funds or keeping it a savings account. The Duggars likely have enough money that this could be their strategy and way of doling it out to the kids. I'm skeptical of this approach but some people do have it figured out.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jqlgoblue said:

Some people believe in real estate is better than investing money in mutual funds or keeping it a savings account. The Duggars likely have enough money that this could be their strategy and way of doling it out to the kids. I'm skeptical of this approach but some people do have it figured out.

Yes, it’s generally called scamming or illegal behaviors like tax evasion. I don’t trust JB and his ways as far as I can see him. The rules do not apply to these folks.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic