IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

I want to know where the 36.2 million hunters number came from. US fish and wildlife service estimates that there were approximately 11 million hunters in 2016. That post is suggesting that 10 percent of the United States hunts. That is a ridiculous statement.

Rifle season hasn’t even started in many states. Is he suggesting that there was a lot of poaching last week?

Edited by Knight of Ni
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Make them stop please 

DE9FAEFC-0999-4451-9254-F9CCD403EE09.jpeg

What is he even trying to say? That deer hunters can hold a gun without going crazy and shoot lots of people?

That the potential mass-shooters of America were too afraid to go out and shoot people because there were so many deer hunters around?

That American hunters use automatic assault rifles to shoot dear?

That none of the hunters knew beforehand they enjoyed hunting so it’s important that you can get your hands on a gun the second you need it?

That it’s sad the dears didn’t have guns so they could defend themselves?

I don’t get it. :think:

• Upvote 28
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Make them stop please 

It’s been a few years since I’ve commented, I’m a lurker. But, this makes my blood boil!

Yes, there was a mass shooting on October 6 in my neighborhood, 4 killed and 5 injured. There were 2 shooters and 1 has still not been caught. Neither of these men should have had a gun, they were both felons. 
A big FU to anyone who can callously post this crap.

• Upvote 27
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I want to know where the 36.2 million hunters number came from. US fish and wildlife service estimates that there were approximately 11 million hunters in 2016. That post is suggesting that 10 percent of the United States hunts. That is a ridiculous statement.

Rifle season hasn’t even started in many states. Is he suggesting that there was a lot of poaching last week?

I think he's conflating the number of hunting rifles with the number of hunters. (We've never claimed he was smart...) 

27 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

What is he even trying to say? That deer hunters can hold a gun without going crazy and shoot lots of people?

I'm pretty sure that's his argument. I *think* he's trying to restate the old "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument.

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 11

Not really surprised that no deer hunters initiated a mass shooting.  Deer hunting does tend to take place away from populated areas. 

Also, I'd bet that guns made to kill animals mostly kill animals, while guns made to kill people mostly kill people.  I'm not against having guns for hunting, provided they're managed safely, but assault weapons and even handguns are a whole different kettle of fish. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9

On 10/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, TeaELSee said:

I just assume everyone is pregnant, eventually I’m right.

I think she meant that Kendra is due any day now, we know she's pregnant. 

17 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Make them stop please 

I think the Deer might have a different perspective on this. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That it’s sad the dears didn’t have guns so they could defend themselves?

I don’t get it. :think:

Did anyone ask the deer THEIR take on the situation?? 

(as an aside - I had a client once who was a hunter - but only bow & arrow. Because he said it felt like it was more fair to the animal, gave them a fighting chance, a chance to get away - whereas shooting with a rifle didn't seem sporting.... I did love that client.)

• Upvote 6

On 10/16/2019 at 6:26 PM, Knight of Ni said:

I'm not defending his point, but this is likely where the statistic came from:

"In 2017, there were 36.82 million hunting licenses, tags, permits and stamps in the U.S."

https://www.statista.com › statistics › number-of-hunting-licenses-and-permit...

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 10/16/2019 at 4:26 PM, Knight of Ni said:

Colorado hunting season starts in late August. There are several seasons for archery, muzzleloader, and rifle and that's just for deer season. There's also elk, moose, and antelope seasons in the fall. They generally start in late August and the last season ends in mid-November. Pennsylvania deer and elk seasons go from mid-September through mid-January, depending on the area.

• Upvote 2

Hunting rifles are one thing, this is something different:

Spoiler

Sorry, can't figure out how to attached the IG photo of Pastor Caldwell, Joe, and two others at Fort Rock Family Camp wearing SWAT shirts and carrying assault rifles.  

Edited by freshlemonade
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 5

4 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

Hunting rifles are one thing, this is something different:

Hide contents

Sorry, can't figure out how to attached the IG photo of Pastor Caldwell, Joe, and two others at Fort Rock Family Camp wearing SWAT shirts and carrying assault rifles.  

Was this the photo that you were referencing? 

This family seems kookoo bananas which is hard because I'm starting to accept that Kendra might be my pet fundy too bad her dad seems like a craptastic individual.

20191018_162958.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 1

Omg. SWAT shirts and those big smiles. Also, Papa Caldwell looks like Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber. Why is the one dude repelling down the mountain while everyone else is just standing there.

I think this might be one of Joe's best pictures when he's facing the camera ?

• Upvote 12

11 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This family seems kookoo bananas which is hard because I'm starting to accept that Kendra might be my pet fundy too bad her dad seems like a craptastic individual.

20191018_162958.jpg

I should have gotten used to this by now, but I’m still blown away every time I see people casually carrying rifles only our (German) special forces have. Police are armed with pistols and only when there’s a threat do we see them with special uniforms and what looks like semiautomatic rifles to me. It’s super rare! 

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Omg. SWAT shirts and those big smiles. Also, Papa Caldwell looks like Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber. Why is the one dude repelling down the mountain while everyone else is just standing there.

Yes! I see it now, too lol

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, LacyMay said:

20191018_162958.jpg

What’s the point of this get up? When I imagine hunting gear, I think of camouflage and reflective orange vests. This SWAT cosplay looks more like they’re going to either pretend to be police officers for nefarious reasons or they’ve been deputized to engage in extrajudicial violence. And who hunts deer or even goes camping with assault rifles? 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

Speaking of stupid shit the Caldwells do, I just saw this on their Instagram. WTF were they doing, trying to start a wildfire?! That picture makes me SO anxious.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Speaking of stupid shit the Caldwells do, I just saw this on their Instagram. WTF were they doing, trying to start a wildfire?! That picture makes me SO anxious.

I'm pretty sure that the size of that fire would generate some interest (i.e. from the authorites due ot smoke, and then fines because of the size of it) in the country I live in (Australia).  Particularly as the bush fire season has started early this year.

• Upvote 7

In rural areas where I grew up (SW WA-the Australian one), the size of the fire wouldn't necessarily be a problem provided it was done during  burn off season (generally beween May and September, depending on the  weather that year), but burning something that size that close to a treed area would get your arse majorly kicked and you'd quite possibly be run out of town if anyone found out.  People don't look kindly on idiots who don't take due care with fires.

Posing with weapons like that would land you on weapons charges and probably lose you your Working with Children clearance which which would seriously  limit your Pastoring options.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I live in the rural American South and people burn fires like this frequently. Usually it has rained recently, wildfire threat is low, and the ground around the area is dirt. Some places require permits.

There’s a lot to criticize these folks on, but a brush bonfire isn’t weird around here. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

WTAF, here is an idea instead of playing cops and hero wanna be's actually BE cops and fire fighters, and soldiers and earn a living and do real good things instead of just being assholes. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

WTAF, here is an idea instead of playing cops and hero wanna be's actually BE cops and fire fighters, and soldiers and earn a living and do real good things instead of just being assholes. 

I don’t want any of these people in any sort of place of authority. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic