IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I think @JordynDarby5 is referring to Campbell Roberts. They were rumored to be a "thing". 

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Who was the first 

Yes, she was in one of BUB's episode when they all went skiing and came along as Trace's friend. But then never seen again. Its is kind of ironic that he took one skiing with him and his family and met another on a skiing trip and neither worked out.  @JermajestyDuggar is probably correct the Bates boys keep picking the wrong women.   

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:30 PM, Johannah said:

Isn’t saying I love you giving away LOTS of heart pieces? Like, all of them??

Yes, I would think so. I would think saying I love you once gives away more heart pieces than kissing them say a dozen times. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

I likr Chaney because she didn't "settle" for someone she wasn't in love with. 

On the episode where Chaney was modelling for the boutique, Erin said to Chaney something like, "You gotta find our other brothers some girlfriends!" And Chaney looked away while unenthusiastically saying something like "Okay" and walked away. The sisters definitely come on too strong.

• Upvote 15

On 4/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, KeepUnsweet said:

I likr Chaney because she didn't "settle" for someone she wasn't in love with. 

On the episode where Chaney was modelling for the boutique, Erin said to Chaney something like, "You gotta find our other brothers some girlfriends!" And Chaney looked away while unenthusiastically saying something like "Okay" and walked away. The sisters definitely come on too strong.

TBF, how did Cheney not know what she was getting herself into? The Bates beliefs and methods aren't exactly a secret.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

TBF, how did Cheney not know what she was getting herself into? The Bates beliefs and methods aren't exactly a secret.

no they are not, but maybe it was just a harsher reality than expected. 

• Upvote 18

Probably a harsher reality than expected. The Bates have done a lot to make themselves seem more like mainstream, albeit conservative Christian's, rather than Quiverful fundies. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Chaney's family is still very conservative with many of the same beliefs. That's why I think it's Trace personally that must be off-putting. 

All of the Bates women have married very conservative men from ultra conservative families that have no problem with them being SAHM forever, and seem to hold their same theological beliefs. The only difference is they want their wives to look cute instead of frumpy. However, these men at least APPEAR to be charming, good looking, play along with the Bates extravagant courtship/dating steps, and generally seem to worship the women. The women really do seem to be a fundie "catch." 

Maybe Trace just isn't that good of a catch (looks, future career prospects, personality) for Chaney to play along for. Also, maybe Trace didn't worship Chaney enough (or in the way that she wanted) to justify the shenanigans of the Bates. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Still, Chaney is less fundie than the Bateses -- she was in college, had different modesty standards, and probably wanted a career in her future. 

Although still very conservative/Christian, Trace hasn't shown himself to be as fundie as, say, Nathan (IIRC there was a picture of him with no shirt w/ Elijah Kaneshiro/hawaiiansurfingboy and there are looser modesty standards for the Bates boys in general). But, he hasn't shown interest in higher education and he doesn't have a clear career path of his own (beyond working for Chad or whatever family business is easiest to join). I know he went to Crown for a while, but I wouldn't call a Bible Programs degree useful in the real world.

If they didn't want the same things out of life, it was never a good match. Sometimes younger people go into relationships thinking they can change the other person. Maybe Chaney just couldn't handle joining the Bates-sisterhood. Maybe Chaney thought Trace would be different from the rest of his family. But this failed courtship (quitship?) has confirmed that he really isn't all that different.

• Upvote 13

16 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Still, Chaney is less fundie than the Bateses -- she was in college, had different modesty standards, and probably wanted a career in her future. 

Although still very conservative/Christian, Trace hasn't shown himself to be as fundie as, say, Nathan (IIRC there was a picture of him with no shirt w/ Elijah Kaneshiro/hawaiiansurfingboy and there are looser modesty standards for the Bates boys in general). But, he hasn't shown interest in higher education and he doesn't have a clear career path of his own (beyond working for Chad or whatever family business is easiest to join). I know he went to Crown for a while, but I wouldn't call a Bible Programs degree useful in the real world.

If they didn't want the same things out of life, it was never a good match. Sometimes younger people go into relationships thinking they can change the other person. Maybe Chaney just couldn't handle joining the Bates-sisterhood. Maybe Chaney thought Trace would be different from the rest of his family. But this failed courtship (quitship?) has confirmed that he really isn't all that different.

Maybe all or none of these things, or the other speculation here.

It may well not be anything deep or philosophical...it could be as simple as infatuation wearing off, or another guy catching her eye.  Or just fizzling out.

Most of us don't marry the first guy we date as a teenager and most of us don't have deep reasons for why except that not every relationship is meant to last.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

I will never look at this thread title and not think of dental hygiene. : )

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I will never look at this thread title and not think of dental hygiene. : )

Sounds like it could be a Maxwell thread title ?

On 4/14/2020 at 1:02 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe all or none of these things, or the other speculation here.

It may well not be anything deep or philosophical...it could be as simple as infatuation wearing off, or another guy catching her eye.  Or just fizzling out.

Most of us don't marry the first guy we date as a teenager and most of us don't have deep reasons for why except that not every relationship is meant to last.

It is all speculation. However, it is interesting given that the girls in these fundi-families do tend to marry the first guy that shows any interest in them. Carlin is the only one we know of the Bates to have something resembling a failed relationship. However, the three Bates boys who have had relationships play out on television at all have had a failed one. 

Statistically it is more likely that a romantic relationship will fail. However, the Bates and Duggars put a lot of pressure on that courtship to lead to marriage. 

Supposedly, they are led by God who spoke to both of them to get together in the first place. Breaking up is usually the result of one of them saying God said something different. God tends not to discuss such things with me about my relationships. That's probably why my dating life has always been a failure. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...

I am watching last night's episode and Chaney's voice bugs the crap out of me.  Like nails on a chalkboard it is.  They were double dating with Zach and Whitney and I had to mute it while she was on screen.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, donnal said:

I am watching last night's episode and Chaney's voice bugs the crap out of me.  Like nails on a chalkboard it is.  They were double dating with Zach and Whitney and I had to mute it while she was on screen.

Also, she said “Trace and I’s.” We’re well rid of her.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

• 4 months later...

Does somebody know if there is a way to know if Trace is a police officer? like a public record of police academy graduates or something? i have been wondering for a while because they mentioned in the show he was interested on going to the police academy but then never said if he ended up going or not. I noticed he is wearing the same uniform that Zach wears, and also in his uniform tag it says Deputy Sheriff, same as Zach tag. Lawson we know is a constable, and he doesnt wear an uniform/tag like that so in his case it is pretty clear he isnt.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Chaney's parents don't celebrate Halloween, so her mom decorated for the election day/Trump like it's Christmas.  (Red, white, and blue lights; big Trump flags.)

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Chaney's parents don't celebrate Halloween, so her mom decorated for the election day/Trump like it's Christmas.  (Red, white, and blue lights; big Trump flags.)

Well those would be nightmare Halloween decorations for me.

Okay I'm back to leaving politics in the political thread.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And people thought Chaney was too mainstream for Trace lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:14 AM, llucie said:

And people thought Chaney was too mainstream for Trace lol

Right. Maybe he wasn't far enough out of the mainstreak for her. LOL

• Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Right. Maybe he wasn't far enough out of the mainstreak for her. LOL

I think she didn't want to move from Texas and have 10 kids by the time she turned 30

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I think she didn't want to move from Texas and have 10 kids by the time she turned 30

I think her dad didn’t want her to move from Texas

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

I think her dad didn’t want her to move from Texas

She probably didn't want to either. Being homeschooled your entire life, always around your family and then have to move halfway across the country to go live with a guy you barely know for LIFE and be near his PSYCHO mother and his overwhelming, annoying, overbearing family while you maybe get to see your's once a year at Christmas if you luckily and overtime that will happen less because your child husband who barley has a job can't afford to go down to Texas every year because of your 10 children so your stuck in a rural farmhouse in Tennessee and go so crazy you start talking like Meech. ( I hope that's what Chaney thought about her potential future and decided to run as far and fast as she can.)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Right now on his IG story, Trace the Flossing Fundie is sitting in a barber shop maskless. People walking all over the place. No mask.  Carlin got her hair done today but she had a mask on.  But Trace isn't wearing one. Sigh. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Right now on his IG story, Trace the Flossing Fundie is sitting in a barber shop maskless. People walking all over the place. No mask.  Carlin got her hair done today but she had a mask on.  But Trace isn't wearing one. Sigh. 

Once again, I wish there was an eye-roll reaction (I know there isn't enough space) because I'm not surprised enough for this to be a WTF. I can totally see Trace being the anti-mask type because it threatens his freedom or whatever.

But I'm also thinking that the barber did his beard as well (he zoomed in on his beard a bit) and that's why he wasn't wearing a mask. Hopefully at least the barber was wearing a good mask to protect himself. Still, if I was a barber I would not want my clients maskless nor would I even be cutting beards. Why would he need that level of attention to facial hair when it should be covered by a mask anyway? Oh yeah that's right--he likes to pose for maskless Instagram photos.

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic