IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

3 hours ago, llucie said:

Lydia Romeike may be an illegal immigrant. This is her family: https://hslda.org/post/romeike-fact-sheet They are a german family that wants assylum in the US because of homeschooling laws in Germany, but so far it seems it has not been granted.

Ah, but she's the right color (white) and flavor (fundy Christian) of immigrant, so its OK.  Fundy Christian politicians in US LOOOVE to get all worked up about Christians being oppressed.

Here is Lydia's website: https://www.lydiaromeikephotography.com/  

She doesn't mention religion on her website, and she even takes prom photos. She lives in Morristown, so about 75 minutes from the Bates.

And the fathers website: https://uweromeike.webs.com/

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

On her photography website, it says you can add your pets to any photo session, but the pets must be up to date with their shots.

Chances she thinks humans must be up to date with their shots? Any takers here?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 21

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Trace follows a photographer name Lydia Romeike (so do Carlin and Josie).

Hide contents

download.jpeg.57ec3709902900d6496894694053cb17.jpeg

The nose looks the same. 

ETA- she did Josie's maternity photos.

This appears to be her family. They would be right up the Bates alley of crazy and Lydia would be about 18/19 (which makes me question her "5 years of photograph y experience")

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325101/amp/German-family-denied-asylum-U-S-home-school-children-despite-petitioning-White-House-100-000-signatures.html

God I love FJ and our investigative skills, that is all. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I prefer Lyce 😛

I was also thinking Tralydia (to rhyme with Chlamydia)

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

lyce for me because it was quicker to type and I don't have to mentally spell it everytime i spell it lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Lydia's dad's website says he is the pianist at First Baptist Church Morristown (although the website looks pretty old). I don't have the stamina to look at any of the church's livestreams/videos to see if Trace can be spotted (if we assume the Romeike family still goes there). My sleuthing skills are not on par with other Free Jingerites 🤪.

Anyway, gotta say this is a semi-interesting development as I certainly didn't expect a Bates to be possibly romantically linked to a family seeking asylum so they can homeschool their kids....

Oh and no surprise with fundie hypocrites, Lydia's dad has a college degree from a university in Germany. No idea if this family discourages their kids from going to college, but their whole shtick is that public schools in Germany teach witchcraft....excuse me while my eyes roll back into my head.

• Upvote 8

If Lydia got married to Trace, would that help with her asylum application/residence status? 

Maybe Pa Romeike is trying to get all his kids married off, as an easier route than the asylum. 

EDIT: Their two youngest kids are US Citizens, I suppose that would help as well?

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Lydia got married to Trace, would that help with her asylum application/residence status? 

Maybe Pa Romeike is trying to get all his kids married off, as an easier route than the asylum. 

EDIT: Their two youngest kids are US Citizens, I suppose that would help as well?

If Lydia is already 23, why should  she still be eligible for asylum because she can't be homeschooled?  She's a grown ass woman, homeschooling is no longer an issue in her life. Get in the citizenship process line with everybody else.

[I bet most of the white fundy Christians who think Lydia deserves citizenship feel the opposite about Hispanic DREAMERs--including the ones who have served in the military]

• Upvote 26

There are plenty of countries in the EU that allow homeschooling. They would have the free movement right to move to Ireland with no issue and keep homeschooling. Asylum is 100% not necessary even if you go with them on their own argument. 

And yeah, as @HereticHick says, only 4 of the children are minors and two of those were born in the US.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, theotherelise said:

And yeah, as @HereticHick says, only 4 of the children are minors and two of those were born in the US.

I guess we could refer to the two youngest as "anchor babies".  Pa and Ma Romeike just wanted to emigrate to the US and didn't think the rules should apply to white fundy Christians like themselves. F**k these hypocrites and the American fundies who support & encourage them.

• Upvote 14
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 2

On 9/22/2021 at 11:42 AM, Coconut Flan said:

That isn't required.  It's about Trace and no one or whoever at the moment.

Late to the party (as usual), but I think it’s kind of funny that this guy is so boring that his first thread has lasted more than two years.

I find all of the Bates sons so dull that I can’t tell any of them apart.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

You can also homeschool in belgium wich has an official german speaking part and its own ( german) government and is conveniently next to the german border   mmmm  guess they sort of are bending truth a bit there ;)

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone catch Trace's insta story the other day eating crepes for breakfast? It was of his breakfast plate, then pans over to the right showing one other person's plate of crepes next to his. There's no one across from him, there doesn't appear to be any plates/dishes/food to his left or to the other person's right....just a cutesy video of two people's cutesy breakfast on insta with a cutesy filter....

8 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Did anyone catch Trace's insta story the other day eating crepes for breakfast? It was of his breakfast plate, then pans over to the right showing one other person's plate of crepes next to his. There's no one across from him, there doesn't appear to be any plates/dishes/food to his left or to the other person's right....just a cutesy video of two people's cutesy breakfast on insta with a cutesy filter....

Seems like that's a common thing for Bates boys to do when starting a new relationship- teasing the existence of it without actually showing the girl.

• Upvote 5

This Lydia gal…..other Bateses follow her on Instagram (either her personal or professional acct…) as do Tiffany and Esther. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:26 AM, indianabones said:

Seems like that's a common thing for Bates boys to do when starting a new relationship- teasing the existence of it without actually showing the girl.

I agree. They will probably announce the relationship after Esther and Nathan’s wedding. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. They will probably announce the relationship after Esther and Nathan’s wedding. 

She might show up at the wedding.

• Upvote 10

On 9/24/2021 at 10:44 AM, theotherelise said:

There are plenty of countries in the EU that allow homeschooling. They would have the free movement right to move to Ireland with no issue and keep homeschooling. Asylum is 100% not necessary even if you go with them on their own argument. 

So I'm an American but as a teen I was super into the famous European family The Kelly Family (who are virtually unknown here). They had parents with american/irish citizenship, lived often in Germany, but could homeschool by pointing out they were in fact irish and not technically german, and skipping around different countries often. I think this was publicly addressed as being frowned upon but I don't think the government could do anything? There are definitely loopholes out there. 

Also Europeans, be on your guard. In recent years, the people at HSLDA have been establishing European contacts to try to influence laws over there in favor of de-regulated homeschool. 

Back to your regularly scheduled snarking! 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic