IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she said it was taken on a mother’s day evening walk. So John’s family could have left by then. Calla is in the picture so maybe the rest of her family stayed back at Maxhell because they didn’t want to walk. 

I didn't notice Calia with Anna. 

On 5/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, Starrynight said:

On the topic of that back porch- if Steve and company are so handy with a hammer... why wait until it was falling down to do something?

Wouldn’t have made more sense to repair it before it got to that state? Surely, Gigi had said something about it before? Or the family had noticed the porch was deteriorating on a prior visit? 

An ounce of prevention and all that.

Steve in that hard hat made me chuckle- very Bob the Builder. ?

It may gone down fast after her husband died and just could not deal with it. That happens to seniors quite a bit :(

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Melanie had a baby girl, Deborah Carol. So many here guessed Deborah.

That name is perfect.

For 1948.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

Deborah is definitely a dated name (no offence meant to Deborahs, just the inevitability of name trends!) but Deb or Debbie could be cute nicknames for a little girl. It’s funny that they paired it with Carol, because it really does make her sound like a time traveller from 50 years ago.

I’m glad Melanie and the baby are doing well.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just now, singsingsing said:

Deborah is definitely a dated name (no offence meant to Deborahs, just the inevitability of name trends!) but Deb or Debbie could be cute nicknames for a little girl. It’s funny that they paired it with Carol, because it really does make her sound like a time traveller from 50 years ago.

I’m glad Melanie and the baby are doing well.

This will never not be Debbie to me:

27E719F5-4535-41BD-9DBB-4A5FC14CF195.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That name is perfect.

For 1948.

Can't argue with that; OTOH, the Deborah of the Bible was a prophetess and judge, a rather strong woman and leader.  Not at all the meek and quiet spirit type.  Something to think about, Steve.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Deborah is dated but I do think Debbie is a cute nick name for a baby. But I would want to go by Deborah as an adult. They already have a Betsy and that’s a dated nickname (although very cute too). Tina is kind of dated too as a nickname. 

• Upvote 6

Is that banner in front of Debbie hiding contrasting buttons?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Carol is also Mary’s middle name. Is that Gigi’s name? I admit that I prefer Caroline to Carol. But there’s nothing wrong with the name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Well, I got the date and the sex wrong. Deborah was one of my guesses, though I dislike the name because of association I have with it, There isn't anything wrong with the name at all, a little dated but still a solid name. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I thought the “Home Town” couple were cruel  naming their poor kid Helen. 

At least Carol isn’t Karen. 

And no disrespect meant to any Karens or  Helens or Deborahs or Lindas or Kathys or Loises reading here.  I just may happen to have been stuck with one of those names and heartily disliked it for lo, these many years.

At keast Deborah was kickass and Helen had something to do with Troy.  And Lois taught her grandson (scandal! A female teaching a male).

Oh right: Thankful Mel & Deb came thru ok.  No really, I am. Mel of all of them had no idea the mishigas she was marrying into. 

• Upvote 2

I beg your pardon; but my precious baby's name is Helen, named after the greatest TV show EVER!  And, yes, her brother is Andy. :content:

IMG_2439.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 11

53 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I beg your pardon; but my precious baby's name is Helen, named after the greatest TV show EVER!  And, yes, her brother is Andy. :content:

IMG_2439.JPG

Oh TELL me your baby’s last name ain’t Crump! 8-D

Fun fact (/Sheldon Cooper): Andy and Anita Corsaut, the actress who played Helen, had it hot & heavy going on for years during the show’s run.  He repeatedly begged her to marry him but she refused, thus he stayed with his wife until he found someone else to leave her for. Because of this and other info I found out from reading about the guy,I can’t enjoy TAGS much, anymore, but I will never not laugh my head off at his early bits as a wide-eyed hillbilly retelling Shakespeare, or my all-time favorite, “What It Was, Was Football,” where the hillbilly experiences his first American football game. Brilliance.

But I digress. What’s Cousin Axton’s middle name? Because, I won’t live to see it, but maybe Debbie & Axmax will be the ones to escape and form an AC/DC cover band! Get it? Deborah Carol = DC, and Axton might be AC? No? Too lame? Which way’s the prayer closet? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Deborah sweetheart I'm so sorry you were born into a fucked up family.  Better start calling your older sister Abby Mama as she will probably be taking care of you the most.  Hang in there maybe one of your Maher cousins will help you escape when you turn 18.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh TELL me your baby’s last name ain’t Crump! 8-D

Nope; not Crump. I did not know that about Andy and Anita. Of course, I can't change their names now - cats would never stand for such nonsense. They'll just have to live with that stain on their reputations. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Nope; not Crump. I did not know that about Andy and Anita. Of course, I can't change their names now - cats would never stand for such nonsense. They'll just have to live with that stain on their reputations. 

Cats are luckier than me because they never have idols whose feet turn out to be clay. Heck, they have no idols at all, amirite?  I say they’re fine names and you should call them out proudly! Not that either critter will answer, but that’s one of the things I find endearing about those of the feline persuasion. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, petrushka said:

Can't argue with that; OTOH, the Deborah of the Bible was a prophetess and judge, a rather strong woman and leader.  Not at all the meek and quiet spirit type.  Something to think about, Steve.

And the first Carol that popped into my head was Carol Burnett, also not a noted meek and quiet spirit type. 

Welcome to the world Deborah Carol, and may you grow to see that it is so much bigger than the boundaries your grandfather has set.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Melanie had a baby girl, Deborah Carol. So many here guessed Deborah.

Or they read here and thought it was a great name, lol!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

So much Deborah hate in this thread. Jeez. Growing up with a roomful of Jessicas, Brandys, and Jennifers, I never ever had to share my name with anyone else. Deborah was a bad-ass Judge in the Bible; she didn't take guff from anyone. I love it. It's popularity peaked in the 1950s, but it's still a nice name. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 5

Speaking as a teacher,  and someone who grew up in the Deborah/Kathy/Susan/Linda years, I love to watch the trends in names circle around. Some never go away (Elizabeth, Michael), some come and go in longer cycles than others, some die away, never to return.

I recommend this site to have fun checking the trends:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=&sw=both&exact=false

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I just noticed they never actually announced a gender. First it was "A baby is born" and then "Announcing Deborah Carol" -- no "we have a baby girl" or "new baby sister" or anything like that. It's just odd when everything they do is so gendered.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carol is also Mary’s middle name. Is that Gigi’s name? I admit that I prefer Caroline to Carol. But there’s nothing wrong with the name. 

Mel's mom is Linda Carol, so I'm guessing that's where the name came from. Gigi is Janice R. though I don't know what the R stands for.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Just now, Dru said:

Mel's mom is Linda Carol, so I'm guessing that's where the name came from. Gigi is Janice R. though I don't know what the R stands for.

It’s interesting that Mary’s middle name is Carol since she’s not related to Mel’s mom.

4 hours ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

So much Deborah hate in this thread. Jeez. Growing up with a roomful of Jessicas, Brandys, and Jennifers, I never ever had to share my name with anyone else. Deborah was a bad-ass Judge in the Bible; she didn't take guff from anyone. I love it. It's popularity peaked in the 1950s, but it's still a nice name. 

I have one of the most popular names ever, lol. There’s a reason why names become super popular. Because they are good names. Although I did hate having a bunch of girls in my class with the same name. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Dru said:

@JermajestyDuggar Is it Steve's mom's middle name as well?

I’m not sure. That’s what I was wondering. If it was a family name on Steve or Teri’s side of the family. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic