IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

On 5/7/2019 at 1:24 AM, Dandruff said:

Maybe the "happy" in Happy Birthday rubs them the wrong way?

Maybe Chris should have what some would call a happy birthday. Or maybe a content birthday?

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

To people who believe courtship is the only way to go you would think a “failed” or broken one would prove their system works. Hey we didn’t touch and got to know each other and realized we don’t work. No one got hurt and no feelings were attached. 

I guess failed or broken relationships make them seem just as worldly. This is why I believe no matter what kind of relationship you enter you should be friends with people of the opposite sex. I think if they were allowed this courtships would be so awkward. Kelly bates changed their courtship model after Zach’s failed one because he didn’t know how to talk to girls. 

Kelly Bates changed the courtship model because Zach WAS talking to a girl and they had to scramble to make their beliefs accommodate the reality. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

@Dru,  I'm glad that patching helped your sister's eye.  

@IReallyAmHopewell,  summitting 14s is a thing in Colorado and really in the Western US.  Colorado had 53 14ers.  Alaska has 29.  Some mountain climbers try to bag all 96 of the 14ers in the US.

I did have a t-shirt I found at the t-shirt outlet that listed all the 14ers in Colorado and said "Climb Them All If You Can" .  I bought it because my youngest was a climber.  I used to say that she would be the youngest person to summit K-2.  I wish I had not thrown it out when I was KonMari'ing my drawers.  It no longer fit, but it was a good memento.  

Meant to add the link to the Wikipedia article on 14ers:

Fourteener

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lilith said:

Kelly Bates changed the courtship model because Zach WAS talking to a girl and they had to scramble to make their beliefs accommodate the reality. 

Makes senses thought she said on the show he didn’t know how to talk to girls, which was true he didn’t. 

• Upvote 3

New post up.  Joshua helped Coward Steve tear down Gigi's porch.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Dru said:

I love Gigi. She has such a warm and genuine smile. Always a bright spot.

I know she wouldn’t but damn that’s the tell all I want to read.  Gigi’s thoughts on the whackjob that married her daughter.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Joshua helped Coward Steve tear down Gigi's porch.

Yup, Stevehovah let Joshua help because Steve sees the value of teaching boys.  Girls, not so much.

Sarah, love, your prose is really getting tedious.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Yup, Stevehovah let Joshua help because Steve sees the value of teaching boys.  Girls, not so much.

Sarah, love, your prose is really getting tedious.

Yep. I like that Nathan includes his girls in work and construction projects. I spent a lot of time in my grandfather's work shed watching/helping with various projects and still have a love for woodworking to this day. Sadly my servent's heart, probably from my lack of cabinet polishing and babysitting.

• Upvote 6

I am still wondering why Christopher has not taken over TItus 2. It seems natural to pass a baton to the son who likely needs the career. I still cannot figure out how he earns a living. 

Jesse and Joseph have SwiftOtter and seem to be going outside fundieland for clients and friends. Nathan has been a consultant for decades not just through CC but also to regular people. John has his realty and his irrigation stuff. But Chris? Photography and lawn mowing?

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am still wondering why Christopher has not taken over TItus 2. It seems natural to pass a baton to the son who likely needs the career. I still cannot figure out how he earns a living. 

Jesse and Joseph have SwiftOtter and seem to be going outside fundieland for clients and friends. Nathan has been a consultant for decades not just through CC but also to regular people. John has his realty and his irrigation stuff. But Chris? Photography and lawn mowing?

He's listed as a member of the SwiftOtter team, and they list his qualifications (which, tbh, mean nothing to me as I'm not familiar with the IT world).

Btw, SwiftOtter has a help wanted notice on their site!  Any Fjers with IT experience looking for work? ?  Nothing about needing to be saved by the blood of Jesus under the qualifications.

They mention their Christmas Party is a meal at a nice restaurant and a classical music concert.  So, now we know those Handel's Messiah concerts were tax write offs for SwiftOtter. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, kpmom said:

He's listed as a member of the SwiftOtter team, and they list his qualifications (which, tbh, mean nothing to me as I'm not familiar with the IT world).

Btw, SwiftOtter has a help wanted notice on their site!  Any Fjers with IT experience looking for work? ?  Nothing about needing to be saved by the blood of Jesus under the qualifications.

They mention their Christmas Party is a meal at a nice restaurant and a classical music concert.  So, now we know those Handel's Messiah concerts were tax write offs for SwiftOtter. 

Darn you beat me to it!  Goofy Anna is not a Swift Otter employee?  Or maybe she is and they are hiring cuz she is going to be a helpmeet in the near future?

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

By taking over Titus 2 do you mean the manager pack, back pack things?  Can that possibly be bringing in enough to raise a family.

(if the sales guy doesn’t stop pacing behind my desk Christopher can have my job as I’ll have exploded in rage.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Darn you beat me to it!  Goofy Anna is not a Swift Otter employee?  Or maybe she is and they are hiring cuz she is going to be a helpmeet in the near future?

I think Anna works for Nathan rather than SwiftOtter.  Pretty sure.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, kpmom said:

qualifications (which, tbh, mean nothing to me as I'm not familiar with the IT world).

Director of IT for over a decade here...if he’s any good his areas of expertise are valuable skills and he could make a decent living if a exhale company doesn’t find stuf from the one ton ramp with a google.

because the way he spoke about women and their capabilities in IT would be an HR nightmare and I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole - even if I agreed with his he man women hatin views...too big a liability in a field where he’d be expected to work with women as professional peers.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Btw, SwiftOtter has a help wanted notice on their site!  Any Fjers with IT experience looking for work? 

If I lived in Kansas this would be the first time I’d be tempted to touch the poop and shoot a resume.  

I would never do it, but I am curious if they would just delete my resume or have some kind of excorsim after reading something written by my IT skills having Catholic female self.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

I enjoyed seeing Grandpa / Grandson working together. Sure, it would have been easier for Dad without Joshua, but Dad sees the value of working with boys and giving them purpose. 

I find this such a smarmy, self-congratulatory take on teaching children things. I think most of us have had an experience (with a child or an adult) where it would have been much easier to plow right on ahead, but the part of the goal of the project was to share one's knowledge with the other person and let them observe and practice. I recall a friend of mine letting her child make an enormous mess because kiddo was trying to learn to pour their own drinks out of containers and into glasses. The Maxwell's aren't alone in realizing that sometimes it's a painfully slow, but ultimately worthwhile, process to teach people things--but they sure act like they are.

I won't even get into the "boy" comment, but it just rubs me the wrong way that they think they're so unique and special for events and attitudes that have been going on since humans hopped up onto two legs.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, kpmom said:

@HerNameIsBuffy DID YOU SEE THE ABOVE??? OHMYGODSANDGARTERS. You have to apply.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@HerNameIsBuffy DID YOU SEE THE ABOVE??? OHMYGODSANDGARTERS. You have to apply.

Idk Nell - I’m currently wearing a burgundy cardigan with contrasting buttons.  And pants.

i don’t want to be responsible for what they would do to Steve.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I find this such a smarmy, self-congratulatory take on teaching children things. I think most of us have had an experience (with a child or an adult) where it would have been much easier to plow right on ahead, but the part of the goal of the project was to share one's knowledge with the other person and let them observe and practice. I recall a friend of mine letting her child make an enormous mess because kiddo was trying to learn to pour their own drinks out of containers and into glasses. The Maxwell's aren't alone in realizing that sometimes it's a painfully slow, but ultimately worthwhile, process to teach people things--but they sure act like they are.

I won't even get into the "boy" comment, but it just rubs me the wrong way that they think they're so unique and special for events and attitudes that have been going on since humans hopped up onto two legs.

This just speaks to how out of touch they are with how 'other' people live their lives. They think worldly people (you know, the type with 2 or 3 kids and both parents working out of the home) are drones, working from sun up to sun down, never spending quality time together, pushing their children through the public education system while simultaneously weaning them on screens and ipads. There is no consideration that these double income, birth control using families ALSO spend weekends doing yard work and helping family and friends and neighbours, teaching their children as they go. It's not special to just the Maxwells. But Sarah thinks this is "so amazing!" and so novel because they live such sheltered lives.

Back to the birthday post, most Maxwell birthday posts go like this:
Happy birthday *random kidult*

A few fun facts about *random kidult*
- he/she is our resident chef/dog walker/google master/smoothie maker
- he/she loves hiking
- he/she takes their coffee with cream
- he/she has a heart for the lord
- more god stuff
- he/she is such an encouragement
*random puffy vest photos taken on most recent mountain climb*

Happy birthday *random kidult*!

Christopher's birthday post is really nice but far from their usual. Either they are feeling nostalgic lately, or Sarah is bored out of her skull and wrote this/tracked down the old photos just to fill time.

Edited by NeckPunch
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 1

Back to the topic of birthday posts, do they really think that no one notices that Sarah's are the only ones that don't include an age? I wonder if that was at Sarah's request or if Steve decided it looks awful for the brand that she's trucking right through her 30's without a courtship in sight.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Dru said:

Back to the topic of birthday posts, do they really think that no one notices that Sarah's are the only ones that don't include an age? I wonder if that was at Sarah's request or if Steve decided it looks awful for the brand that she's trucking right through her 30's without a courtship in sight.

Tbf I would never notice that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

What the heck type of company is Swift Otter? What a name! ?

• Upvote 3

All I can really say is a giant FU to Sarah. She is so isolated & clueless. 

When I was a kid we spent most weekends with my cousins - meaning also with my aunt & uncle. They bought a "fixer upper". From the ages of probably 6 until 12, I tore walls down, dug out an old pool, destroyed then rebuilt a breeze-way, painted, pulled up carpet, did landscaping - - -so much more than I can even remember. It was simply part of life. It's what we did.  

No one's head exploded, no one was smited, and neither my sister nor I grew up to be manly females because we did manly work. 

Niether of us is very handy now, we get by but wouldn't claim skill. We were neither ruined nor made by hanging with the boys doing manly work for many formative years. 

• Upvote 10

• samurai_sarah locked this topic