IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

Melanie's shirt has writing across the bosom!!! Won't that distract men from gazing upon her godly countenance???

Those ankle-flashing harlots Chelsy and Elissa are to blame for this I think.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

We all know Sarah writes like crap, but almost every sentence in that last post is worded so oddly.  Ahhhhhhhh.

And why does she "covet" prayers? Christians aren't supposed to covet.  It's literally one of the 10 commandments.  Dude.  Say "we'd appreciate your prayers" like a normal fricking person! 

I’ve seen other fundies, like DPIARBT, use “coveting” of prayers. I think it’s their way of looking fancy and educated-like.

• I Agree 5

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder why Poor Sarah accompanied Wonder Woman Melanie to her appointment.  Isn't that Crazy Eye Nate's job.

I wondered that too. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Melanie's shirt has writing across the bosom!!! Won't that distract men from gazing upon her godly countenance???

Those ankle-flashing harlots Chelsy and Elissa are to blame for this I think.

That whole family is going to hell in a hand basket, I swear. :naughty:

ETA, Whoa!  Teri admits in a comment that Melanie has a woman doctor and they are very happy with her!

Did hell freeze over and I missed it?

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 10

I think she will deliver on Mother’s Day and Sarah will make a huge deal out of it on the blog. 

I think it will be a boy named Caleb. 

• Upvote 5

@LilMissMetaphor,  "coveting prayers"  is a bit beyond your usual Christianese.  It's more fundie-ese. I don't think you hear the term much from more modern Christians.  

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Since Coward Steve has blocked my IP from comments coming through I predict May 14.  I wonder why Poor Sarah accompanied Wonder Woman Melanie to her appointment.  Isn't that Crazy Eye Nate's job.

Secret Women's Business? Can't interact with a Female Woman's Doctor? Begged out because it all gets samey after a while? Was home looking after the other kids?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Secret Women's Business? Can't interact with a Female Woman's Doctor? Begged out because it all gets samey after a while? Was home looking after the other kids?

I’m guessing home looking after the other kids. It’s not like Teri or the Aunties could if it wasn’t scheduled a year in advance. Sarah seems to have somewhat more flexibility when she’s not writing.

And speaking of Sarah, it occurred to me when she was shilling her iPhone case and mentioned fitting in a license and credit card, do Anna and Mary even drive? I know Sarah learned quite late (so did I, but not cause I needed Daddy’s permission) but I’ve never seen or read anything to imply Anna and Mary drive or go anywhere they couldn’t walk without Sarah, a parent or a brother/sister in law along.

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Since Coward Steve has blocked my IP from comments coming through I predict May 14.  I wonder why Poor Sarah accompanied Wonder Woman Melanie to her appointment.  Isn't that Crazy Eye Nate's job.

Nathan could have been working that day (for their children sake, I hope he has a busy business!). If Mel is not at risk and Sarah has free time, I don't think it's wrong to go with Sarah. They are very close, so probably  Melanie feels comfortable with Sarah, and Sarah is interested in the medical appointment.

I know Maxwells are weird and their way of life is dull. But it doesn't mean all their decisions are done for strange reasons. And frankly, a medical appointment to monitor your 6th pregnancy is just (probably) routine. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, kpmom said:

I'm a little late with this, but ever since theologygeek found this, I've wondered, if Anna is only working for her brother(s), why would she have a linkedin page?

Do you think she's looking for other (work remotely from home, of course) jobs?

Isn't linkedin kind of a place where you advertise in case employers are interested?

I can see the guys having a linkedin page, but surprised about Anna.

Also, wanted to add, good for Anna for making herself more employable in case Prince Charming never arrives (or never gets past the moat known as Steve).

I think it's to make her seem more "worldly" / professional for potential customers to her brother's companies. If they have their sister as support, it's not a big selling point. But, an actual "professional" - look, she's on LinkedIn - means real support, ya'll. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/30/2019 at 10:35 PM, Alisamer said:

...maybe Sarah will forget and get a blue shirt with silver buttons at the thrift store, and nobody will weep about it. And maybe Chelsy will take the girls to try on jeans "just once, to see if you like them!"

I don't recall the Maxwells thrifting. The one good thing about Steve is that he could afford his children and I actually don't think he would have had them if he couldn't afford them.

Also, I don't think Chelsy wears jeans for anything other than appropriate work or horseback riding. She is really getting more credit for rebellion than she has demonstrated. Her family is strict going back generations on women's dress.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, bluelady said:

I really think that Joseph is just humouring him.  This could all be made up in my head, but I also really think Elissa has a more equal voice in her home than, say, Anna.  I think the fact that they aren't on the blog every other day is largely due to her and maybe even the fact that they've been married going on 5 years and only have 2 kids (NFP maybe?).  I hope John and Chelsy are following in Joseph and Elissa's footsteps, too.

I don't think it has anything to do with Elissa or humoring Steve. I think it has to do with the fact he is courting business for Swift Otter and needs to not show up in google searches as a complete weirdo.

• Upvote 12

Birthday post up for Christopher. He was so naughty he almost got expelled from school. It must have been a hard transition from going out for school, socializing, to being stuck at home. I know they slowly pulled the kids away from activities but it still must have sucked. I feel like he has a heart for the elderly because he is allowed to socialize with them. 

• Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Birthday post up for Christopher. He was so naughty he almost got expelled from school. It must have been a hard transition from going out for school, socializing, to being stuck at home. I know they slowly pulled the kids away from activities but it still must have sucked. I feel like he has a heart for the elderly because he is allowed to socialize with them. 

I think you are right. I also think he was more upset when Nathan when Steve pulled them out of baseball because it was a chance for him to socialize. 

• Upvote 9

My main reaction to Christopher's birthday post was how different it was to that horrible one they wrote for Sarah back in January. I know that Sarah wrote this one and that Teri wrote Sarah's (aka someone with a heart and some basic human decency wrote Chris's), but still--the differences are so striking and so sad.

Christopher gets paragraphs of praise and lots of photos, likely painstakingly selected by Sarah.

Sarah got a "gee golly, sucks you aren't married!" blurb.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Smug Joe turned 30 in April, why no birthday post for him?

And the family looks really happy here:

maxwellfamilywa-425x287.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Probably because he’s not playing by Steve’s rules and Christopher is. I hope Joseph and John are moving away from the insanity a bit. 

• Upvote 8

I always do a double take when seeing pictures of a young Teri, thinking it's Anna for just a second.

Spoiler

christopher2-271x400.jpg.7b2cd8266856da3172fe4f965144ff1c.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by kpmom
Sorry, couldn't get rid of the 2nd spoiler.
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Reading that Christopher was so 'naughty' his teachers were thinking of expelling him, makes me think he was a cheeky, busy, happy little boy. W-elll that sure is fixed now!  The poor guy is pumped so full of THE LORD there is no room for anything 'naughty'. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Addams Family theme song instantly came to my mind:  “Ba-da-da-dum *click click*”

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I always do a double take when seeing pictures of a young Teri, thinking it's Anna for just a second.

Hide contents

christopher2-271x400.jpg.7b2cd8266856da3172fe4f965144ff1c.jpg

Hide contents

I know she was depressed and part of Steve’s cure was the reversal children, but that picture, before they went fully crazy, is the most at peace I’ve ever seen Teri. I’ve seen her with big grins, but they never reach her eyes. The kids all still have light in their eyes too. Compare it to the one above holding baby Joseph a few years later.....

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

The Addams Family theme song instantly came to my mind:  “Ba-da-da-dum *click click*”

Chris has on a shirt with horizontal stripes, very Pugsley like.  However, Morticia would never have been caught dead in a frumper.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

The kids all have light in their eyes and look happy except for Sarah or am I just seeing that? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lilith said:

I know she was depressed and part of Steve’s cure was the reversal children, but that picture, before they went fully crazy, is the most at peace I’ve ever seen Teri. I’ve seen her with big grins, but they never reach her eyes. The kids all still have light in their eyes too. Compare it to the one above holding baby Joseph a few years later.....

Chris was adorable - really a good looking child. He looks nothing like the other Maxwells - maybe John? But no, Christopher really stands out among a sibling group where everyone is a versions of one or two looks. 

11 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

The kids all have light in their eyes and look happy except for Sarah or am I just seeing that? 

Sarah seems just as happy as her brothers.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Aithuia said:

My main reaction to Christopher's birthday post was how different it was to that horrible one they wrote for Sarah back in January. I know that Sarah wrote this one and that Teri wrote Sarah's (aka someone with a heart and some basic human decency wrote Chris's), but still--the differences are so striking and so sad.

Christopher gets paragraphs of praise and lots of photos, likely painstakingly selected by Sarah.

Sarah got a "gee golly, sucks you aren't married!" blurb.

That was part of what totally struck me too. 

And unlike so many of their previous family birthday messages (by Sarah or otherwise) it also was a lot more detailed as far as memories, things he enjoyed during their growing up years together, etc.  There are typically so few real personal details or memories like that included in their bday things that it sometimes seems like they hardly know one another more than a John Doe friend who sees them once a year. This was so much more personal and specific and showed more genuine affection than the norm and was really nice to see.

• Upvote 9

Sarah typically writes a nice post on the birthdays of family members. They probably aren’t as detailed as Christopher’s, but they are still nice. And then Teri writes a shitastic birthday post for Sarah. That must sting.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic