IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Chelsy makes sure to wear Steve approved clothing when getting together with the Maxwell’s but she has been seen in clothing that Steve wouldn’t approve of in her own home. She was even wearing jeans when friends came over to her house. 

I was going to say the same thing.  There was a picture of her and John, and she was wearing pants.  When we mentioned it here, the picture got removed.  They were already married in that picture.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I was going to say the same thing.  There was a picture of her and John, and she was wearing pants.  When we mentioned it here, the picture got removed.  They were already married in that picture.  

I love that despite being raised by Steve and Teri, in Maxhell where an ankle or a glimpse of collarbone is scandalous, complete with slut shaming trips to look at the harlots walking around the airport, John is ok with his wife wearing pants, even if it is just at home. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, lilith said:

I love that despite being raised by Steve and Teri, in Maxhell where an ankle or a glimpse of collarbone is scandalous, complete with slut shaming trips to look at the harlots walking around the airport, John is ok with his wife wearing pants, even if it is just at home. 

I agree. I suspect once Steve kicks the bucket or becomes full time pastor in residence at the church of the nursing home things will probably lighten up a lot for some of the Maxwells. I don't know that Teri has the strength or will to defy the married boys, and I think they have seen enough of the real world that at least one or two of them have got to be just humoring Steve's most ridiculous rules at this point. The daughters may be stuck as they are, but I don't see John requiring frumpers and meatless burritos and a 15-minute schedule. Maybe he will bring Teri a case of Pepsi, maybe Sarah will forget and get a blue shirt with silver buttons at the thrift store, and nobody will weep about it. And maybe Chelsy will take the girls to try on jeans "just once, to see if you like them!"

• Upvote 20

16 minutes ago, lilith said:

In the picture of her wearing pants, they were out.  I think they were horseback riding.  

Edited by theologygeek
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Isn't Anna-Marie due to announce another blessed arrow soon?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, theologygeek said:

In the picture of her wearing pants, they were out.  I think they were horseback riding.  

Another picture of her in pants was posted at a different time where they were home and eating dinner with friends. I think that one might still be up. But I do remember the horse riding picture in pants and it’s disappearance. 

• Upvote 4

Sarah has a credit card? Does Dave Ramsey approve?

Cracks me up — as a purse-rejecting woman, myself — that she immediately lets us all know she’s not one of THOSE kinds of women. She DOES like most girly things!!! Make no mistake! She’s no lesbian!!!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

15 hours ago, terranova said:

Isn't Anna-Marie due to announce another blessed arrow soon?

Long overdue. Elizabeth is 14 months old and in the past, Anna Marie's gaps have been 20 months, 13 months, 15 months, and 19 months. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

I will admit that we do like that phone case. I have one as well as my husband and both my teens. I don't use it all the time, but love it for traveling. Depending on where we are visiting some of the metro cards work while still in the case which is handy. 

But I can not figure out what the point of that blog post was. An attempt at boosting their Amazon payout?

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, meee said:

Long overdue. Elizabeth is 14 months old and in the past, Anna Marie's gaps have been 20 months, 13 months, 15 months, and 19 months. 

So if she is pregnant now, say 3 months along, there will be a 20 month gap. That's a lot for her. May I hope she is taking a break? Nahhhhhh!

• Upvote 7

On 4/25/2019 at 8:03 AM, petrushka said:

Am I the only one wondering who the young lady seated across from Jesse might be?  Can't help thinking something courtship related is happening here, but I've been wrong before.

DSC_5374.jpg

Who is the guy behind Poor Sarah and why is he hiding?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Who is the guy behind Poor Sarah and why is he hiding?

I only see Jesse behind Sarah?

• Upvote 3

Oh you are right! It just looked like there was an extra leg behind Sarah- I looked at it five or six times and still saw it.

• Upvote 3

On 4/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Well...maybe. But don’t she and Steve walk something like 4 or 6 miles every morning?  Doesn’t she climb mountains I’m Colorado?  I’m highly suspicious about how serious those back pains are. It sounds a bit like Mr. Bunny. Ride a Harley for three hours? Oh yeah! Ride a boat for 30 minutes to a dive site?  No, his back won’t let him. 

Yeah, I don't think so. Walking is good for her back and the climbing helps build a core that supports her back.I am extremely flexible - not quite circus level but not far. I have some shoulder and back issues as a result and walking is very good for my back. There is no reason not to believe Teri about her back or her depression. I don't Maxwells lie. They just only share what they want, carefully curated.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, Alisamer said:

I don't know that Teri has the strength or will to defy the married boys, and I think they have seen enough of the real world that at least one or two of them have got to be just humoring Steve's most ridiculous rules at this point. 

I really think that Joseph is just humouring him.  This could all be made up in my head, but I also really think Elissa has a more equal voice in her home than, say, Anna.  I think the fact that they aren't on the blog every other day is largely due to her and maybe even the fact that they've been married going on 5 years and only have 2 kids (NFP maybe?).  I hope John and Chelsy are following in Joseph and Elissa's footsteps, too.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, terranova said:

So if she is pregnant now, say 3 months along, there will be a 20 month gap. That's a lot for her. May I hope she is taking a break? Nahhhhhh!

Except if she were 3 months along right now, we'd know about it because that's typically around when they announce, and besides, she shows super early. I remember with Elizabeth some people suspected when she was around 3 months and they announced shortly thereafter. 

Regardless, it's still one of her largest breaks between children.

On another note, I think this is the longest Melanie has carried a pregnancy. I'm happy for her. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/24/2019 at 10:03 PM, theologygeek said:

Anna's test...  Scroll down to the bottom of her linkedin.    https://www.linkedin.com/in/anna-maxwell-184568184?trk=org-employees_mini-profile_title  

I'm a little late with this, but ever since theologygeek found this, I've wondered, if Anna is only working for her brother(s), why would she have a linkedin page?

Do you think she's looking for other (work remotely from home, of course) jobs?

Isn't linkedin kind of a place where you advertise in case employers are interested?

I can see the guys having a linkedin page, but surprised about Anna.

Also, wanted to add, good for Anna for making herself more employable in case Prince Charming never arrives (or never gets past the moat known as Steve).

• Upvote 8

On 5/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Sarah has a credit card? Does Dave Ramsey approve?

Cracks me up — as a purse-rejecting woman, myself — that she immediately lets us all know she’s not one of THOSE kinds of women. She DOES like most girly things!!! Make no mistake! She’s no lesbian!!!! 

Must have meant debit-card or it's their business card I bet.

Something needs to happen--they are out-boring themselves with recent posts. We need what some might call an "engagement" to be announced of a new arrow for the quiver being born or announced as forthcoming. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I'm a little late with this, but ever since theologygeek found this, I've wondered, if Anna is only working for her brother(s), why would she have a linkedin page?

(snip)

Isn't linkedin kind of a place where you advertise in case employers are interested?

My husband uses Linked In to research clients and prospective clients for his job. He is now looking for a new job, but for a few years, he was using it to help his work without any interest in a new job. It's kind of like a business only version of Facebook. It can be used in a job hunt, but lots of people use it for other stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

Also, wanted to add, good for Anna for making herself more employable in case Prince Charming never arrives (or never gets past the moat known as Steve).

Does this make sense? I'm not that up-to-date on resume-lingo "Laying out study guides for Swiftotter's continued learning environment in Magento certifications."

So maybe she "could" pick-up temporary work from home gigs? To earn money for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes or treats for the niece/nephews? Or, gasp!! To use for protecting herself in late spinsterhood in case all the brothers and nephews die in the rapture???

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

She's on Nathan's business facebook page too.  She was probably brought into it so she could be the one to deal with his female clients.  Sarah has her books and Mary draws.  There isn't really anyone left to ask.  Wouldn't want Nathan to look at a woman's contrasting buttons by accident.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

She's on Nathan's business facebook page too.  She was probably brought into it so she could be the one to deal with his female clients.  Sarah has her books and Mary draws.  There isn't really anyone left to ask.  Wouldn't want Nathan to look at a woman's contrasting buttons by accident.  

But a (gasp) career will take her away from her gourmet cookery.......

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

We all know Sarah writes like crap, but almost every sentence in that last post is worded so oddly.  Ahhhhhhhh.

And why does she "covet" prayers? Christians aren't supposed to covet.  It's literally one of the 10 commandments.  Dude.  Say "we'd appreciate your prayers" like a normal fricking person! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

I didn't realize that Melanie made it to her due date with Tina, I thought all her babies were early. But she has had 3 that were 38 weeks+.

• Upvote 4

Since Coward Steve has blocked my IP from comments coming through I predict May 14.  I wonder why Poor Sarah accompanied Wonder Woman Melanie to her appointment.  Isn't that Crazy Eye Nate's job.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic