IGNORED

Maxwell 30: Buying a Vest Debt Free

Coconut Flan

I will give Stevehovah credit for wearing closed toe shoes, safety goggles, and a hard hat. "Dad sees the value of working with boys and giving them purpose."  Sarah, there are pictures of Anna & Mary working on construction projects too.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1

Oh Sarah, Sarah Sarah. Honey you just don't have a clue. Not a single clue.' Dad thinks it's important to teach boys'. Does he now? Well you know what; most grandparents and parents think it's important to teach ALL kids. Yep, all of 'em. Wanna know why? I'll tell ya anyway; cos, most parents and grandparents value everybody being able to function in the wider world! I know!! Amazing hey??

The penis worship in this post made me a bit nauseated. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 6

Okay, so I have not been to the SwiftOtter site in a long time. Man, SmugJoe has really removed all traces of the MaxCult. I totally believe my completely unsupported theory that his blog appearances are limited because of his secular business push. There is no mention of the LORD or DAD like the old days. And it looks like DifficultChris is currently employed there, so thanks @kpmom.

I am pretty sure "Annie" never worked for SWOT. She works for Nathan's IT support as a CS rep.

9 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk Nell - I’m currently wearing a burgundy cardigan with contrasting buttons.  And pants.

i don’t want to be responsible for what they would do to Steve.

Oh, Buffffeeee! The job is remote as long as you are in the US.... I know that resume is perfect right now.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 8

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Okay, so I have not been to the SwiftOtter site in a long time. Man, SmugJoe has really removed all traces of the MaxCult. I totally believe my completely unsupported theory that his blog appearances are limited because of his secular business push. There is no mention of the LORD or DAD like the old days. And it looks like DifficultChris is currently employed there, so thanks @kpmom.

I hadn't looked in awhile either.  The last time I looked I got a "trying to be hip" vibe, believe it or not.  Lots of jokes about how important coffee is to each member, Jesse and his guitar playing, a picture of Joe wearing glasses (never have seen him in glasses before or since).  All mention of Jesus gone, gone, gone.

Now they've cleaned up the member profiles and Steve is gone, gone, gone.  They use to have him listed as "customer service" or some such thing.  It was obvious he had no background in IT and they were just throwing him a bone.

Considering he employs three people and is looking to hire a fourth, maybe Joe is making a decent living at this.

And I agree 100% with the poster above that Joe might be limiting his exposure on Titus2 because of his business.

ETA:  I just looked at the site quickly.  I didn't see mention of Titus2 as one of their projects.  I might have missed it.  It used to be there when they only had a few projects listed.

Edited by kpmom
Adding
  • Upvote 8

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

DifficultChris

I’ve been called difficult my whole life.  I now know “which Maxwell am I?”  Without taking. Buzzfeed quiz.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

I'm going to give Steve kudos on several points.

1.) He did something kind to help out Gigi.

2.) He did it on his own and didn't make his sons do it or even help him.

3.) He allowed his grandson to 'help' despite it likely slowing down the process big time 

4.) Proper safety gear!!!! (Take note, Duggars.)

For all the Maxwell's many faults, I do believe they are hard workers and truly care about family.  

• Upvote 19

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’ve been called difficult my whole life.  I now know “which Maxwell am I?”  Without taking. Buzzfeed quiz.

So why are you avoiding the application topic? I thought we were friends.

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So why are you avoiding the application topic? I thought we were friends.

I’m not a poop toucher!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, Dru said:

I also go down slides at the park and I don't even need a child's prodding. Lol I think they're fun.

My sister had to wear a patch for this exact reason and it did the trick for her.

Let's not forget Chels just had a baby a could of months ago. She looks great but I'm guessing she's not quite ready to jump back into her old wardrobe. Also she's at a yard work "party". I like to think I dress relatively stylishly in my day to day life but I look like a complete mess when I'm doing yard work.

She didn't say she was unwilling? She said she just hadn't yet.

Anna definitely drives. Not sure about Mary.

This photo struck me too. Man.

It is fun being and busy being a mama, though newborns sleep copious amounts in a day. but it's a real letdown that a story can't be written and shared in a 3-month period of time. Once a story is started, we like to hear the ending!

Chelsy ReneeApril 28, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Diana,
It definitely could be shared earlier, except that I just haven't shared it yet! 
Feel free to unfollow if you don't want to wait longer. ?

On 5/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, SolomonFundy said:

Translation: Chris developed dangerous signs of a personality from an early age. Check out Keeping Our Children's Hearts for the cure to this unfortunate condition. 

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry for this, because both reactions are valid.

What a vile, cruel person you are Steve (and that goes for Teri, too).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Mothers Day Post up.  All about Griselda Teri and of course what Mother's Day post wouldn't be complete without a pic of Coward Steve posing with Teri.  Just a small shout out to Wonder Woman Melanie, Amish Anna, Invisible Elissa, and Judgy Chelsy.  I also want to wish Abby a Happy Mother's Day, as she will probably be stuck helping to raise baby #7.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 5/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, fundiefan said:

All I can really say is a giant FU to Sarah. She is so isolated & clueless. 

When I was a kid we spent most weekends with my cousins - meaning also with my aunt & uncle. They bought a "fixer upper". From the ages of probably 6 until 12, I tore walls down, dug out an old pool, destroyed then rebuilt a breeze-way, painted, pulled up carpet, did landscaping - - -so much more than I can even remember. It was simply part of life. It's what we did.  

No one's head exploded, no one was smited, and neither my sister nor I grew up to be manly females because we did manly work. 

Niether of us is very handy now, we get by but wouldn't claim skill. We were neither ruined nor made by hanging with the boys doing manly work for many formative years. 

On the topic of that back porch- if Steve and company are so handy with a hammer... why wait until it was falling down to do something?

Wouldn’t have made more sense to repair it before it got to that state? Surely, Gigi had said something about it before? Or the family had noticed the porch was deteriorating on a prior visit? 

An ounce of prevention and all that.

Steve in that hard hat made me chuckle- very Bob the Builder. ?

Edited by Starrynight
Auto correct
  • Upvote 10

For a writer, Sarah fails with words.

Mother's Day post - same as the last. And the one before that.

Teri "poured into her family", "invested", "poured" more into other women, "serving", "diligent"....you all know the drill.

And, surprise! a special note from Teri "encouraging" women when they aren't always given the gratitude they deserve and their god will reward them for their sacrifice.

They make motherhood sound like the worst thing a human being can survive doing. 

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

For a writer, Sarah fails with words.

Mother's Day post - same as the last. And the one before that.

Teri "poured into her family", "invested", "poured" more into other women, "serving", "diligent"....you all know the drill.

And, surprise! a special note from Teri "encouraging" women when they aren't always given the gratitude they deserve and their god will reward them for their sacrifice.

They make motherhood sound like the worst thing a human being can survive doing. 

As a mom those words would have broken my heart.  It's all about effort and not what they received from her.

What about how much your mom's warmth meant to you?  Her affection, her support...her encouragement that even when the world sucked and you failed she was always there and always your biggest fan.

How about love?  How about how very loved your mom has made you feel every day of your life...even when you're at odds....even when she's driving you crazy and doesn't understand you and is completely wrong about whatever how you know it's all based on how she worries because she loves you more than anything.

How about ways shes weird, or funny, or quirky that makes you laugh.  Things you tease her about good naturally?

I don't blame Sarah for not writing a Mother's Day post with warmth, because we've never seen any indication that genuine affection is part of their relationship.  She can't write what she doesn't know - but it's sad she doesn't know how sad her tribute was to read.

"Thanks for performing your duties as a mother, even though you didn't want to."

I haven't exactly been showered with accolades today...but I don't pretend I'm a good mom because I managed to stick around and "sacrifice."

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Happy Mother’s Day to Sarah! The real hero. The one who helped raise her siblings. The one who is forced to help with her nieces and nephews. The one who may never be a mother thanks to Steve and teri’s Brainwashing. The one who is not allowed to talk to the opposite sex unless it is family or kids. 

• Upvote 26
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Happy Mother’s Day to Sarah! The real hero. The one who helped raise her siblings. The one who is forced to help with her nieces and nephews. The one who may never be a mother thanks to Steve and teri’s Brainwashing. The one who is not allowed to talk to the opposite sex unless it is family or kids. 

Love this!!  The sad part is it’s completely true. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Baby is born! Also Anna Marie looks pregnant in the post announcing the birth. (No details on name or gender.)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Also Anna Marie looks pregnant in the post announcing the birth. 

Well, it does say that the picture was taken before the birth.

Last night, Mother’s Day, no labor for Melanie. The above picture was taken a little before 8 pm.

Less than 8 hours later, A BABY IS BORN!

As usual, Sarah's writing style underwhelms me. I wish she had a chance to do things to improve it, if she desires. Or that she could just give up writing, if she prefers.

• Upvote 5

Damn! I was so close. If she had her baby a few hours earlier and I would have been right on a mother’s day birth. Maybe I’m still right about it being a boy named Caleb Thomas. 

• Upvote 5

Are they trying to build suspense?  Is there going to be a book or Jesus ad along with the sex and name announcement?  We know they checked the sex right away and scheduled time for the naming.

• Upvote 5

I got the date correct this time, didn't have a clue for the sex of this one so I didn't venture a guess.?

• Upvote 4

Now we know they think they're fundie royalty, holding out information including the baby's gender from us! Maybe someone was paying attention to the recent birth of Baby Sussex? Probably not, but this sort of feels like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I got the date correct this time, didn't have a clue for the sex of this one so I didn't venture a guess.?

I  almost went with the 13th since it is my dad's birthday. But I think I ended up guessing the 11th. I guessed a boy.

So, I notice John and Chelsy weren't at the Mother's Day gathering (The are with Chelsy's family, correct?) but Joseph and Elissa are absent as well. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I  almost went with the 13th since it is my dad's birthday. But I think I ended up guessing the 11th. I guessed a boy.

So, I notice John and Chelsy weren't at the Mother's Day gathering (The are with Chelsy's family, correct?) but Joseph and Elissa are absent as well. 

I think she said it was taken on a mother’s day evening walk. So John’s family could have left by then. Calia is in the picture so maybe the rest of her family stayed back at Maxhell because they didn’t want to walk. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic