IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

That skirt is neither stylish nor flattering.  Probably durable, though.  Some of those things are so sturdy they'll probably outlast cockroaches.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

I think it's flattering but mostly bc Katie is 17-18 and would look great in basically everything.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/3/2019 at 6:01 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Are tampons somehow defrauding or otherwise satanic?

In my mom's fundy-lite evangelical free church more girls than not were not allowed to use tampons as it meant you were no longer a virgin if you did.

That their moms saw no difference between intercourse and tampon insertion says a lot...nothing good.

My mom was a nurse so she knew the difference between a tampon and a penis.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

[...]

That their moms saw no difference between intercourse and tampon insertion says a lot...nothing good.

[...]

That is indeed sad.

And thinking in cliches: those men must have some serious (but understandable) problems with their manhood. No wonder they need to prove how manly they are if their penises are not distinguishable from tampons....

/obviously sarcastic 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

17 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

That is indeed sad.

And thinking in cliches: those men must have some serious (but understandable) problems with their manhood. No wonder they need to prove how manly they are if their penises are not distinguishable from tampons....

/obviously sarcastic 

I've also heard that because tampons can stretch or even break the hymen, is the reasoning behind fundie women not using them. Seems like stretching would be a GREAT benefit for a fundie bride/virgin. Girls have it hard enough already.

• Upvote 7

My mom told us tampons would kill us so they weren't even an option. 

• Confused 2
  • WTF 4

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

My mom told us tampons would kill us so they weren't even an option. 

did this have to do with TSS. if so I can see how that would freak her out. Its not that big now but reading into the history in like the 80's that was a scary thing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I see the Bates continued the practice of pretending they weren't off holding cult meetings which people who defend child predators. 

• Upvote 12

I know they are trying to show the buttons but picture two oh my I'm surprised they put that up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I know they are trying to show the buttons but picture two oh my I'm surprised they put that up. 

And somewhere Steve Maxwell is clutching his pearls and knows not why.

• Haha 20

What is with the hats paired with every outfit?? Do they think that looks fashion-y? The only way they know how to accessorize?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Johannah said:

What is with the hats paired with every outfit?? Do they think that looks fashion-y? The only way they know how to accessorize?

::::small voice:::: I love the hats.

ridiculous childhood trauma gave me a lifelong love of giant dressy hats and genetics gave me a head that looks stupid in all hats.

life is cruel.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

::::small voice:::: I love the hats.

ridiculous childhood trauma gave me a lifelong love of giant dressy hats and genetics gave me a head that looks stupid in all hats.

life is cruel.

On the flip side, I look great in hats. However, it is because I am too tall and my head is slightly too small for my body. So the only time things are balanced out is when I'm wearing a hat. Which I typically find uncomfortable anyway. 

I would have rocked the 1930s like no one's business though. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

On the flip side, I look great in hats. However, it is because I am too tall and my head is slightly too small for my body. So the only time things are balanced out is when I'm wearing a hat. Which I typically find uncomfortable anyway. 

I would have rocked the 1930s like no one's business though. 

I need a jealous reaction emoji.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

First time poster, looooong time lurker 

Re hats and heads. I used to work in a hat shop and I can tell you there are only very few people who can literally wear any type of hat and it looks good/fits them well. There are so many different head shapes but hats are all formed pretty much the same. Sometimes I just couldn't find a hat that fit and actually looked good on a costumer. Working there also made me realise how self-conscious many people are about their head shape or size. But it literally has nothing to do with the rest of someones appearence! All in all it was a really fun job and I got to play around with the hats when there were no costumers ?

Ps: please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes, english is not my first language

• Upvote 26
  • Love 4

50 minutes ago, Tess said:

First time poster, looooong time lurker 

Re hats and heads. I used to work in a hat shop and I can tell you there are only very few people who can literally wear any type of hat and it looks good/fits them well. There are so many different head shapes but hats are all formed pretty much the same. Sometimes I just couldn't find a hat that fit and actually looked good on a costumer. Working there also made me realise how self-conscious many people are about their head shape or size. But it literally has nothing to do with the rest of someones appearence! All in all it was a really fun job and I got to play around with the hats when there were no costumers ?

Ps: please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes, english is not my first language

Welcome to posting - and your English is amazing!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I also love hats.  And one of my very few talents is that I look pretty good in them.  But I don't feel comfortable wearing them in today's world. 

I wonder what happened to make hat-wearing disappear so quickly.  Pictures & TV shows, certainly in the 1960s, but even somewhat into the 1970s show many people in hats--men too.  I kind of like that more formal look.  I want to dress like Laura Petrie and not have people point and stare.

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I also love hats.  And one of my very few talents is that I look pretty good in them.  But I don't feel comfortable wearing them in today's world. 

I wonder what happened to make hat-wearing disappear so quickly.  Pictures & TV shows, certainly in the 1960s, but even somewhat into the 1970s show many people in hats--men too.  I kind of like that more formal look.  I want to dress like Laura Petrie and not have people point and stare.

I suppose hats were seen too formal for modern society. But they were truly elegant. I really love old black and white movies, with men and women wearing perfect handmade suits and dresses and hats. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I like hats but the feeling off them on my head bothers me. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

My parents wore a hat in the early '60s. Easter bonnets were still worn in the early '70s when I was a kid.   I like hats still and have a variety of them to wear on different occasions. 

• Upvote 3

"Does anyone still wear...a hat?"-Elaine Stritch in Stephen Sondheim's "Company" (1970)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Supposedly JFK didn’t wear them and he had a lot of influence.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Trace just posted this ?

E57D78E2-0332-4B7D-ABD0-809A86409996.jpeg

yeah I was talking about this over in the Lawson thread. since they are both in Disney right now. seems she's followed by Katie, Whitney Trace and Josie. not much more on her except  when I went to her page she seems to have wanted a sister but got a brother in stead. sounds like she's from a small family 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 3

• Georgiana locked this topic