IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

Kelly did say Trace would get married next, that he was the most like Zach.  And wondering about Lawson and his recent post about valleys and peaks.  Maybe seeing younger brother do this has thrown him. 

In any case, looks like Trace has found a Fundie girl. 

• Upvote 10

I also thought Trace would be the next Bates son to get married. Although I’m sure Nathan is looking for a mate. He’s probably over Ashley enough to move onto another girl. I bet he’s pickier now though. But Trace doesn’t have a lot of fundie broken heart baggage so he can jump into a courtship easier than Nathan. And Lawson is too stuck on himself to find a girl anytime soon. Trace and Nathan will marry before Lawson. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

What if it was a double date? Maybe one of the older sisters could be a match for Lawson?

I very much doubt it. Lawson is not the type to post some subtle group pictures on Instagram to announce his dating someone. He’s a grand gesture person. He would make a huge spectacle out of announcing his girlfriend/special friend. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I very much doubt it. Lawson is not the type to post some subtle group pictures on Instagram to announce his dating someone. He’s a grand gesture person. He would make a huge spectacle out of announcing his girlfriend/special friend. 

And I'm quite sure that a courtship announcement would avoid a horse. Don't know why. Just a strong feeling. :D:D

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t know if they’re thing but it’s looking really likely in my opinion. If it is, I’m glad that she doesn’t seem super fundie {so far}

5268B9D5-AEB0-4864-A310-C36CC05E4854.png

Yeah this picture is convincing me she’s his gf or w/e Bates call a pre-courting non-dating getting to know person. 

Alyssa is tiny!! I just always chalked it up to John being y’all but she’s actually a very petite person. 

What does Chaney’s shirt say? Star sports killer??

Edited by habert
Clarity
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

so it looks like Trace and Lawson went to Disney with a bunch of girls. these girls also seem to be  the sisters of Chaneythe one that Trace put on insta stories and she  seems pretty comfortable with him. 

I am leaning more towards a coming courtship, her going with her sisters as chaperons and him with lawson

What a weird comment to put on a trip to Disney World. How are they not getting what they want? One-day pass instead of 10-day park hopper?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

36 minutes ago, habert said:

Yeah this picture is convincing me she’s his gf or w/e Bates call a pre-courting non-dating getting to know person. 

Alyssa is tiny!! I just always chalked it up to John being y’all but she’s actually a very petite person. 

What does Chaney’s shirt say? Star sports killer??

The Bates girls are all pretty short. Alyssa has always worn heels and I think she’s not in that photo. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What a weird comment to put on a trip to Disney World. How are they not getting what they want? One-day pass instead of 10-day park hopper?

Trace is kind of Lawson 2.0 remember he wanted to be a trick rider, yeah that didn't work out. he wanted on the basketball team that didn't work out. he kind of is doing something with Zach but more he's just floating with Chad's buisness and honestly I wonder if he tried to court Campball and it didn't work out. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Trace is kind of Lawson 2.0 remember he wanted to be a trick rider, yeah that didn't work out. he wanted on the basketball team that didn't work out. he kind of is doing something with Zach but more he's just floating with Chad's buisness and honestly I wonder if he tried to court Campball and it didn't work out. 

Actually, I respect that? That's what your late teens/early twenties should be about. He's trying out new things and seeing what sticks and (hopefully) learning from his failures. He's meeting girls and seeing who he likes and who likes him back.

If he's still an itinerant douchebag in his late twenties, then all my judgment, but right now I'm not as concerned.

I just wish his sisters had the same freedom as he does to explore.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Campbell married a Morton, and so... I'm really intrigued to see where Trace goes next. It's been assumed he's not as intensely fundie as his family and yet the Mortons are flat out insane, kool-aid in an IV, offspring have a fertility trajectory of 12 kids apiece level of fundie. Maybe that's why it didn't work out with Campbell, or maybe that's the type of girl Trace is in fact looking for.

• Upvote 7

From her instagram to further add to the practically certain rumor of dating/courting. 

Also, I couldn’t 100% figure this out, but based on trace’s, elijah’s and Chaney’s instagrams (among others in the group) I think she may have gone on the skiing trip with them back in Feb/March. There are pics of her sisters with the family and Elijah with both families. The dates don’t match perfectly, but we all know they don’t post Chronologically.

F0E3F452-B868-498E-B72C-AB76B56EA4F1.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

On 5/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t know if they’re thing but it’s looking really likely in my opinion. If it is, I’m glad that she doesn’t seem super fundie {so far}

5268B9D5-AEB0-4864-A310-C36CC05E4854.png

The contrast between Trace's and John's legs are something I just can't take my eyes off of.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

From her instagram to further add to the practically certain rumor of dating/courting. 

Also, I couldn’t 100% figure this out, but based on trace’s, elijah’s and Chaney’s instagrams (among others in the group) I think she may have gone on the skiing trip with them back in Feb/March. There are pics of her sisters with the family and Elijah with both families. The dates don’t match perfectly, but we all know they don’t post Chronologically.

F0E3F452-B868-498E-B72C-AB76B56EA4F1.png

That timeline makes sense. Maybe they met through Elijah as the mutual friend. They could have been communicating since then and getting to know one another. Then planned this trip to get together again. With chaperones of course. I think we will be seeing more trips to see one another in the future. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That timeline makes sense. Maybe they met through Elijah as the mutual friend. They could have been communicating since then and getting to know one another. Then planned this trip to get together again. With chaperones of course. I think we will be seeing more trips to see one another in the future. 

I’m behind, who is Elijah?

15 minutes ago, SHERA said:

Are we talking about Elijah Kaneshiro, a Hawaiian guy who is friends with the Bates and Duggars?

https://www.instagram.com/hawaiiansurfingboy/

PS In that pic of  justTrace and Chaney, note that Chaney is wearing a Tennessee hat.

She had a Twitter account in which she mainly obsessed about One Direction--she hasn't tweeted since 2013: https://twitter.com/chaneykahle

Also, this 2008 Dallas Morning News article mentions a Chaney Kahle who was playing on a girls softball team (wearing pants, I reckon!)

THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS

December 29, 2008 Monday 
FIRST EDITION

Colleyville Diamondbacks

SECTION: SPORTS DAY; Pg. 15C

Who they are: Girls 10 and under who live in North Richland Hills, Grapevine, Southlake and Hurst.

What happened: The team finished 7-1-1 (after an opening-day loss). They were undefeated in the Colleyville Girls Softball Association Fall Tournament...
GRAPHIC: PHOTO(S): The Colleyville Diamondbacks are (from left, front row) Sydney Hudnall, Arden Hall, Callie Smith, Jordan McCalla and Hannah Howlett; (second row) coach Kevin Smith, Blair Kenney and Chaney Kahle; (back row) Rachel Williams, Mary Kate Adams, Darby Lawrence, Riley Cruson and Elizabeth Hewitt.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, SHERA said:

Elijah seems to be Trace’s best friend (well maybe not BFF but close friend).He’s from Hawaii but Elijah seems to visit the US a lot. Elijah seems pretty outgoing so I bet he has a lot of fundie friends to introduce Trace to.

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Are we talking about Elijah Kaneshiro, a Hawaiian guy who is friends with the Bates and Duggars?

https://www.instagram.com/hawaiiansurfingboy/

Yeah he’s the one. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

Based off this chick's instagram, she could be literally half the girls I went to college with....Texan, Christian, small-town, geez..... this feels too close to home xD 

17 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Campbell married a Morton, and so... I'm really intrigued to see where Trace goes next. It's been assumed he's not as intensely fundie as his family and yet the Mortons are flat out insane, kool-aid in an IV, offspring have a fertility trajectory of 12 kids apiece level of fundie. Maybe that's why it didn't work out with Campbell, or maybe that's the type of girl Trace is in fact looking for.

Yeah, but the Mortons have always been followers. They're very hipster nowadays. Look at Addie, in tank-tops and pants.... with the younger Morton boys married to Campbell/Alyssa/Kennedy they've seemed to remain Quiverfull but finally jumping on the "modern" aesthetic, especially now that the've branched out geographically so-to-speak. If Campbell was Trace's type, this Chaney gal definitely is too haha.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

.He’s from Hawaii but Elijah seems to visit the US a lot. Elijah seems pretty outgoing so I bet he has a lot of fundie friends to introduce Trace to.

Umm...Hawaii is part of the US. Visiting from there to the continental US is called "visiting the mainland". 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Umm...Hawaii is part of the US. Visiting from there to the continental US is called "visiting the mainland". 

Lol, I’m aware. Sorry I didn’t phrase it better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-05-13-18-45-47.thumb.png.c880429d3817f323106efedb9691c6da.png

This are the Bates family member who for now follow Chaney, someone know if there is a wayto know from when or how long an account is following someone?

If i'm not mistaken it think the first is the official account of the show so I would say courtship basically conferm 

(I'm preatty tired tonight so I could have said some obvious stupid thing) 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_2019-05-13-18-45-47.thumb.png.c880429d3817f323106efedb9691c6da.png

This are the Bates family member who for now follow Chaney, someone know if there is a wayto know from when or how long an account is following someone?

If i'm not mistaken it think the first is the official account of the show so I would say courtship basically conferm 

(I'm preatty tired tonight so I could have said some obvious stupid thing) 

no that is not the official BUB insta just a fan one, but Micheal just started to follow her as did their photo friend Tyryn. neither of those was following her a few days ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

no that is not the official BUB insta just a fan one, but Micheal just started to follow her as did their photo friend Tyryn. neither of those was following her a few days ago. 

Jill Dillard is following her as well. I’d bet good money they’re in some sort of relationship at this point. 

ETA: Not because of Jill specifically. Because various people connected to Trace are following her now, she met Alyssa, and mainly because they were shown with their arms around each other’s backs. I don’t think they’d pose like that if they weren’t at least starting a relationship.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Based off this chick's instagram, she could be literally half the girls I went to college with....Texan, Christian, small-town, geez..... this feels too close to home xD 

Yeah, but the Mortons have always been followers. They're very hipster nowadays. Look at Addie, in tank-tops and pants.... with the younger Morton boys married to Campbell/Alyssa/Kennedy they've seemed to remain Quiverfull but finally jumping on the "modern" aesthetic, especially now that the've branched out geographically so-to-speak. If Campbell was Trace's type, this Chaney gal definitely is too haha.

Superficially, sure. I'm wondering though about his specific personal theology.

Because the Mortons may "look" more modern, but they are absolutely NOT more modern. If you haven't dove into the acute neglect, child molestation and incest charges with Bret Alan Smith Jr., and current ongoing disregard for basic child safety (ahem, carseats), I strongly recommend that you do. It's both fascinating and horrifying. I would say the Mortons are easily top 10 in terms of most disturbing families we follow even if you LEAVE OUT that the Bret Alan Smith Jr. stuff.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• Georgiana locked this topic