IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

I named both of my boys after my grandparents' surnames/maiden names.

Sincerely,

From the South. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 5/15/2019 at 3:13 AM, Italiangirl said:

So Trace is commenting on Chaney photos now...I think the chance that they are courting/dating/getting to know are preatty strong, let's see what happen at Carlin's wedding 

Screenshot_2019-05-15-09-11-39.png

I didn't realize people were still doing duck lip poses in photos. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Kelton gave Bobby a job at his family’s company. Nepotism for the win...

D1A32A35-CC04-4230-9AEF-200AA752440A.png

Bobby and Kelton sure are BFFs marrying sisters and now moving to work together.

But i think Bobbys degree is in something like pastoring or bible studies so i dont see how that would be much help for a plumbing company. 

He must have hated his job as youth pastor to change his field completely like that, but it was a good decision because there is more than enought pastors already, and hope this means he is reevaluating some of his beliefs. (Doubt it but we can hope).

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Kelton gave Bobby a job at his family’s company. Nepotism for the win...

D1A32A35-CC04-4230-9AEF-200AA752440A.png

It’s sons in law, Kelly....you pluralize the noun.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

Yes, we definitely need less pastors.. Or IBLP employees.

Plumbers are very useful people. I appreciate most every plumber I have met.

Scoop the poop don't spread it!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I guess Bobby must have been training to be a plumber when he lived in Nashville. That isn't a job that you just get without a fair amount of training first.

• Upvote 1

I can pretty much guarantee he’s going to make more money as a plumber than youth pastor. Especially if he’s willing to work weekends, holidays, and on call type emergency work. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Bobby and Kelton sure are BFFs marrying sisters and now moving to work together.

But i think Bobbys degree is in something like pastoring or bible studies so i dont see how that would be much help for a plumbing company. 

Pray away the leak?

• Haha 10

Based on the wording, I would guess he is working in the office rather than as a licensed plumber. If that’s the case, it’s probably not all that different that what he was doing when he took over Chad’s old job at the metal place - answering telephones, interacting with customers, filing, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Katie talks about how she can be purchased for the right amount of money.?‍♀️

E7236F2C-FCDE-4799-B768-5037C23BE55E.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • WTF 14
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think Katie's joke would have been funny if talking with friends. But never never never should have been posted. And while she's much more wordly than her older siblings were at her age, I wonder if she truly understands the meaning of what she's saying.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Katie's joke would have been funny if talking with friends. But never never never should have been posted. And while she's much more wordly than her older siblings were at her age, I wonder if she truly understands the meaning of what she's saying.

Agreed. I cringed when I read it. All the pervs out there would have loved it. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder if her parents do. That is something that should have never been posted to the world. 

• Upvote 11

I think its just a joke. but what a worldy joke. Seems like being friend with her non fundie cousin is rubbing off on her.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, llucie said:

I think its just a joke. but what a worldy joke. Seems like being friend with her non fundie cousin is rubbing off on her.

Surely her non fundie cousin would know it made her sound like a prostitute or in that Demi Moore one million dollar movie (???)  

surely these girls know what buying someone means....  

its a pretty unfunny joke (on sm) for anyone even non fundies. 

Sexual joke amongst liberal sexually active friends, it would be ok. 

She is far from that  

Hence why I cringed. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
removed a double quote box
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I don’t get it- there is almost no context in which this is a joke.

Most jokes in that direction refer to a bribe but the photo refers to actually buying and owning something...

It sounds like a cry for help. Katie ,blink twice if you need to be saved.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

37 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Surely her non fundie cousin would know it made her sound like a prostitute or in that Demi Moore one million dollar movie (???)  

surely these girls know what buying someone means....  

its a pretty unfunny joke (on sm) for anyone even non fundies. 

Sexual joke amongst liberal sexually active friends, it would be ok. 

She is far from that  

Hence why I cringed. 

I have heard similar jokes by people her age, about having a "sugardaddy". I personally dont find it funny but to each their own. Her cousin is into theatre, so makes sense that she has liberal friends.

Just edited to add that i really hope that liberalism is really rubbing off on her and not just stupid jokes about sugar daddys. Free Katie.

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 1

Prostitution implications aside, doesn’t this go against everything they purport to believe about marriage? Praying for the right one, God laying it on your heart, submitting to God’s will for your life, unbreakable covenant marriage, needing Dad’s “blessing”, etc. Just seems like something they wouldn’t even allow a joke about, even if there were no sexual coercion implications, which, of course, there are. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I have heard similar jokes by people her age, about having a "sugardaddy". I personally dont find it funny but to each their own. Her cousin is into theatre, so makes sense that she has liberal friends.

Just edited to add that i really hope that liberalism is really rubbing off on her and not just stupid jokes about sugar daddys. Free Katie.

Oh yeah I didn’t think of a sugar daddy situation. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I didn't realize people were still doing duck lip poses in photos. 

I thought maybe it was her way of sending a kiss to Trace, and for him to see her pucker and long for it. Sounds ridiculous when I type it, but I do believe the duck face was for Trace.

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t get it- there is almost no context in which this is a joke.

Most jokes in that direction refer to a bribe but the photo refers to actually buying and owning something...

I make jokes like this frequently to my husband. And when(ever) it fits to close friends/sisters. I would never say it on any SM or in person to anyone I wasn't super close with.

• Upvote 1

• Georgiana locked this topic