IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

I am trying to remember... Did we see other Bates offspring out and about with people that they were getting to know, or did they wait to put pictures on social media until they were actually dating? I think we knew about Evan and Kelton before Carlin and Josie officially entered courtships with them.

Edited by Audrey2

14 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I am trying to remember... Did we see other Bates offspring out and about with people that they were getting to know, or did they wait to put pictures on social media until they were actually dating? I think we knew about Evan and Kelton before Carlin and Josie officially entered courtships with them.

well here is the thing, Carlin and Josie dated before they went into courtship. Carlin didn't post about evan until they were officially dating though. I don't think Josie posted about Kelton until that period either. 

the Bates seem to go through three periods before marriage  which I think started with Nathan. Dating, Courtship, Engagement

Kelton and Josie dated from her birthday in August  until January. then courted from January till was it June? then got married in October. Carlin and Evan dated for almost a year before courting, courted for about a year before engagement and had an eight month engagement. 

bobby and Tori also dated for awhile before courting and courted a while before engagement. 

Josie seems to have first posted a picture of Kelton in July of 2017

Carlin first posted about Evan in March of 2017 they started to date in September 16

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 8

I think Trace is the only Bates kid that posted about some girl before even dating. He introduced Campbell on TV. 

• Upvote 5

I tried to do some internet sleuthing. She either lives in or is from Texas. Beyond that, all I could really glean is that she seems like a very basic evangelical/fundie-lite maiden, she seems about 16 (no idea how old she actually is), and her Instagram game is strong - she's a good photographer with a good eye. She also travels a lot. And she has a younger brother named Brody. That's all I could find. I didn't look very long, though, so I'm sure someone more dedicated can find more!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

It looks like she’s one of six kids and their last name is Kahle. She may have three sisters named Brittany, Bethany, and Chelsea. Plus two brothers named Brance and Brody. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like she’s one of six kids and their last name is Kahle. She may have three sisters named Brittany, Bethany, and Chelsea. Plus two brothers named Brance and Brody. 

ah she must have all older sisters I was thinking she had a small family because of this post. 

• Upvote 2

Hi guys! Long time lurker (like back during the Josh scandals long time!), but pulled out of lurkdom by my internet sleuthing that found that she’s one of 7 kids, she’s 20, and went to a legit Christian school in a small town in Texas. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Apparently I can’t type correctly
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 1

It seems I left out a brother. I think his name is  Chase. And her parents are Rick and Angela. 

• Thank You 6

Katie really suits short hair, she looks great!

About Trace, it does look suspicious specially since he is there with Lawson (chaperoning?). But as someone has already pointed out Trace already introduced a girl on the show and nothing came out of that, so lets wait to see what happen this time.

• Upvote 10

I’m glad some single fundie girls are cutting their hair short (Katie and Ashley are two examples). In a culture where long hair is prized as feminine, these young ladies are choosing to go against the trend. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad some single fundie girls are cutting their hair short (Katie and Ashley are two examples). In a culture where long hair is prized as feminine, these young ladies are choosing to go against the trend. 

I'm just sitting here imagining Lawson having a fit about short Hair I'll never forget the hard time he gave Tori about having her hair up for her wedding what a douche. 

18 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm just sitting here imagining Lawson having a fit about short Hair I'll never forget the hard time he gave Tori about having her hair up for her wedding what a douche. 

That was Nathan.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

That was Nathan.

you are right I Have no idea why I wrote Lawson I was thinking Nathan but wrote Lawson. doh. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

so it looks like Trace and Lawson went to Disney with a bunch of girls. these girls also seem to be  the sisters of Chaneythe one that Trace put on insta stories and she  seems pretty comfortable with him. 

I am leaning more towards a coming courtship, her going with her sisters as chaperons and him with lawson

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

so it looks like Trace and Lawson went to Disney with a bunch of girls. the one that Trace put on insta stories seems pretty comfortable with him. 

Those three girls are all single Kahle sisters. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those three girls are all single Kahle sisters. 

yeah I realized they must be sisters after clicking so I'm leaning more towards a trace courtship with Chaney and the siblings there as Chaperones. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

yeah I realized they must be sisters after clicking so I'm leaning more towards a trace courtship with Chaney and the siblings there as Chaperones. 

I bet they aren’t officially courting yet. Just that period before courting that the Bates kids do.

• Upvote 13

I don’t know if they’re thing but it’s looking really likely in my opinion. If it is, I’m glad that she doesn’t seem super fundie {so far}

5268B9D5-AEB0-4864-A310-C36CC05E4854.png

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t know if they’re thing but it’s looking really likely in my opinion. If it is, I’m glad that she doesn’t seem super fundie {so far}

5268B9D5-AEB0-4864-A310-C36CC05E4854.png

I don't think there is any way they aren't at least dating after seeing that he took her to meet Alyssa and none of the others are in that picture. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I’m still kind of wondering how they met. Maybe through mutual friends. Because Texas is far from Tennessee. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m still kind of wondering how they met. Maybe through mutual friends. Because Texas is far from Tennessee. 

could they have met at Big Sandy at some point? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I have a feeling that we'll we the Bates boys at least getting to know girls soon. They must be really feeling the pressure. Other than Lawson, Nathan, and Trace, the only one that could enter a courtship is Katie. If Trace is courting this girl, I can see them announcing it when BUB returns.

Edited by anaandrade
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Georgiana locked this topic