IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

The comments from her doodle are sad. There is nothing wrong expecting someone to love you no matter what. Loving someone no matter what doesn’t mean you love everything about them. It’s not setting unrealistic expectations either. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why, oh why, would anyone share their husbands issues on a public Facebook page? Especially where the judgmental morons can spout their ignorant advice. it's a breach of confidentiality that she shared he was counseled by their pastor. Be warned, dear poster. If Lori can find any leverage in your post, she will use it to further her agenda.

Lori says she wants Ken to point out her flaws. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh to be a fly on the wall if that conversation ever took place. She makes marriage sound so miserable. My marriage isn't perfect, just as I am not perfect, but my husband and I laugh together almost every day. I wonder if Lori and Ken ever experience moments of pure joy together? I really doubt it. 

Here is Lori's argument, the biggest one from the BIBLE (which was written before public schools existed).   T

Spoiler

648437972_Greatestargumentaginstpublicschoolinginthebible..JPG.8539f199eebc1639424e9930ef4db3b1.JPG

I Just saw this and the way she rips apart Hatmaker and Hollis,  while exposing all the hate she has in her dark heart, is just too upsetting:

https://thetransformedwife.com/women-never-tell-lies/

Lori is an ADVERTISEMENT for not believing.  People who think she represents Christianity are driven away from it due to beliefs like hers.  I go back and forth between thinking she is sick and she is just heartless. 

52 minutes ago, Liza said:

Lori is an ADVERTISEMENT for not believing.  People who think she represents Christianity are driven away from it due to beliefs like hers. 

I don't believe she represents Christianity but her behavior does highlight what I don't like about religion. There's so much room for abuse of scripture and people like Lori are more than willing to use it as a smokescreen for their hate, racism, misogyny, etc.

Personally, I didn't move away from religion because of someone else's interpretations, I became an athiest because I have no faith. I don't believe that Lori has any faith in a higher power either. The only thing Lori believes in is herself. Religion is just the vehicle she uses to spread her personal hatred of women. I feel bad that christians have this jerk acting as a mouthpiece.

10 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

There is nothing wrong expecting someone to love you no matter what. Loving someone no matter what doesn’t mean you love everything about them. It’s not setting unrealistic expectations either. 

Another interesting observation is that she uses over and over as one of her reasons why mom's must not ever work and must home school is that children will grow up not feeling loved or secure if mom isn't there 1000% of the time.  According to Lori, children (I'm assuming she means both boys AND girls) must have their mother at all times or they will develop mental illness and will have no self worth. BUT by Lori's reasoning,  once those girl children get to be adults they suddenly become worthless, shouldn't have any expectations, desires, needs or wants and their entire identity is focused on being submissive to a man.  Everything bad that happens to them is their fault. 

How do those two ideas jive?   Of course they don't...like most of Lori's logic...or lack thereof. 

6 hours ago, Liza said:

Lori is an ADVERTISEMENT for not believing.  People who think she represents Christianity are driven away from it due to beliefs like hers.

If Lori's god actually exists, she's going to have a lot to answer for.  

I'm expecting a new article from her titled "Midwestern women should not feel the Artic cold because feelings are bad". It will detail that wearing a coat shows lack of faith in God and that we are selfish if we think we should spend money on the luxury of a coat because women "back in the day" didn't have coats like us, they just froze to death with dignity. Also women shouldn't be leaving the house anyways so they don't need it.  But men can wear coats because they have to leave the home for work. Men are also more logical so they can make the logical choice to wear a coat. Women on the other hand can't participate in logical thinking because they're easily deceived. If they put on a coat they might be tempted to leave the home or undermine their husband who believes he should be the only one to have a coat.  

Since Lori likes to attribute things to Satan, I'll go down that path a bit.  Satan would choose for women to believe they are worthless, that if their husband abuses them, they deserve it because they did something wrong, and they do not have a right to be happy.  He would chose to see them sad and struggling, and in mental and physical pain as suffering should be joyful.  Satan doesn't wear a red satin costume, have a forked tail, and horns.  He takes many forms, maybe even as a scrawny "older woman" from California.  

42 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm expecting a new article from her titled "Midwestern women should not feel the Artic cold because feelings are bad". It will detail that wearing a coat shows lack of faith in God and that we are selfish if we think we should spend money on the luxury of a coat because women "back in the day" didn't have coats like us, they just froze to death with dignity. Also women shouldn't be leaving the house anyways so they don't need it.  But men can wear coats because they have to leave the home for work. Men are also more logical so they can make the logical choice to wear a coat. Women on the other hand can't participate in logical thinking because they're easily deceived. If they put on a coat they might be tempted to leave the home or undermine their husband who believes he should be the only one to have a coat.  

When I complained about being so cold in the wintertime in skirts/culottes, my mom told me we have to suffer for our convictions sometimes, LOL. ?? 

Let's look at the context of Titus 2, shall we?  The purpose is to not discredit the message of God - but the context is filled with instruction that is bound to culture - including - the admonition to slaves.  Lori really did not learn basic reading comprehension skills even with her "English major" in college, did she?

Spoiler

Titus 2 - (from Net Bible on Bible.org) 

Conduct Consistent with Sound Teaching

2:1 But as for you, communicate the behavior that goes with 1  sound teaching. 2:2 Older men are to be temperate, dignified, self-controlled, 2  sound in faith, in love, and in endurance. 3  2:3 Older women likewise are to exhibit behavior fitting for those who are holy, not slandering, not slaves to excessive drinking, but teaching what is good. 2:4 In this way 4  they will train 5  the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, 2:5 to be self-controlled, 6  pure, fulfilling their duties at home, 7  kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the message 8  of God may not be discredited. 9  2:6 Encourage younger men likewise to be self-controlled, 10  2:7 showing yourself to be an example of good works in every way. In your teaching show integrity, dignity, 2:8 and a sound message that cannot be criticized, so that any opponent will be at a loss, 11  because he has nothing evil to say about us. 2:9 Slaves 12  are to be subject to their own masters in everything, 13  to do what is wanted and not talk back, 2:10 not pilfering, but showing all good faith, 14  in order to bring credit to 15  the teaching of God our Savior in everything.

(hope I did the spoiler correctly)

11 minutes ago, EowynW said:

When I complained about being so cold in the wintertime in skirts/culottes, my mom told me we have to suffer for our convictions sometimes, LOL. ?? 

Some of my friends and I refer to this as the "inverse prosperity gospel" - and discuss how it's either "I'm so spiritual, I'm rich" (prosperity) or I'm so spiritual I'm suffering for Jesus (inverse prosperity).  Apparently, it's possible to suspend cognitive dissonance and embrace both beliefs simultaneously.

[Oh, and I often wish I could give your mother the finger. . .and that's my nicest thought about her at times like these ]

On 1/29/2019 at 9:03 AM, Mar said:

Someone I follow just posted this on Instagram and obviously it reminded me of Lori. One because it’s a chart written in a notebook :pb_lol: and two because it's written by someone who is a Christian but it‘s the exact opposite of what Lori does and says. She should take note.

C1DBFC8E-B464-47CD-AD40-6588781AC261.jpeg

Wait, this looks awfully familiar. Where have I seen this before?

ETA: After thinking about it, I don't agree that this is the exact opposite of what Lori pushes. Opposite of what she practices, maybe. But I seem to recall having seen this posted some time ago in a discussion of how spiritual abusers use this approach to silence critics. It actually fits perfectly with what she tells abused women to do.

So Lori blasphemed the word of God by working for two years while her oldest was young, then after that by hiring a nanny and housekeeper to do the "keeping" of the home and the raising of the kids while she took naps. Good to know.

Lori Alexander, by her own words and example, is a blasphemer of the word of God. 

59 minutes ago, refugee said:

Wait, this looks awfully familiar. Where have I seen this before?

ETA: After thinking about it, I don't agree that this is the exact opposite of what Lori pushes. Opposite of what she practices, maybe. But I seem to recall having seen this posted some time ago in a discussion of how spiritual abusers use this approach to silence critics. It actually fits perfectly with what she tells abused women to do.

I guess it depends on what you think of when you think of „something offends me“. When I read this I understood it as something that is not really worth being offended by. So for example when Lori sees a woman in a bikini she shouldn’t get offended and tell the world about it. I absolutely agree this chart does not work in cases where it’s right to be offended, so for example if someone says something racist. If that happens we absolutely should be offended and we should speak up. I hadn’t thought of how a spiritual abuser could use this to silence critics and I could totally see Lori doing that. Ugh, I hate that there are people who can turn basically every good idea/ principle into something messed up that harms others.

I hope I was able to explain what I mean. I feel like my thinking and putting what I‘m thinking into words abilities are completely used up for the day.?

28 minutes ago, Mar said:

I hadn’t thought of how a spiritual abuser could use this to silence critics and I could totally see Lori doing that.

That's exactly how she would use it.  If someone is actually being hurt they're supposed to shut their mouths and suck it up, buttercup.  Unless it's Lori, of course.  

29 minutes ago, Mar said:

So for example when Lori sees a woman in a bikini she shouldn’t get offended and tell the world about it.

Lori, not tell the world when she's offended?  I wish!  

My list of things that offend me that I'm telling the world (or the world of FJ).  I'm not taking any of these to prayer except maybe number 1 and number 12.   I hid it in a spoiler so it doesn't take up too much screen space.

Spoiler

IMG_1919.jpg

No where in the Bible does it say that marriage is just for procreation. Pail says men that can’t contain their urges should marry. Men aren’t to deprive their wives of sex and wives aren’t to deprive their husbands. Procreation isn’t the main purpose of sex. Intimacy is. 

D3BCB58E-C7AD-415B-B6FD-8B36B5B14A09.thumb.jpeg.a5c781aa1eb78fc8a171aabd2c74f00f.jpeg

Spoiler

3F610C54-8B29-43AC-BC3E-74423A6AC6C3.thumb.jpeg.2bbb672dfde229d3a99dce42c6cca6ed.jpeg

I’ve said this before but I grew up lower middle class. Both of my parents worked. My dad worked two jobs and my mom worked part time. Most families cannot function on one income. 

I have things that offend me.  I think everyone does.  But it's just one of those things that we probably all have to deal with.  Lori, on the other hand, is offended by just about everything.  Lori offends me.

7 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Since Lori likes to attribute things to Satan, I'll go down that path a bit.  Satan would choose for women to believe they are worthless, that if their husband abuses them, they deserve it because they did something wrong, and they do not have a right to be happy.  He would chose to see them sad and struggling, and in mental and physical pain as suffering should be joyful.  Satan doesn't wear a red satin costume, have a forked tail, and horns.  He takes many forms, maybe even as a scrawny "older woman" from California.  

Satan would also want women who have been raped to blame themselves—for the way they dressed, the way they acted, or just being in the general vicinity of a rapist.

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

D3BCB58E-C7AD-415B-B6FD-8B36B5B14A09.thumb.jpeg.a5c781aa1eb78fc8a171aabd2c74f00f.jpeg

"The tragedy is the culture...which regards femininity as a weakness not a strength and a gift". Excuse me? You, Lori Alexander, perceive femininity as a weakness. The patriarchy views femininity as a weakness. Your version of christianity is one that rests on the assumption that women are inherently weak, helpless creatures. Where's the strength in that?
Contrary to what you think and preach, it is liberal perceptions of women that cast femininity as a strength, that emphasize the strenght of women. I have never seen femininity and strenght as two polar opposites, and I am a very liberal en secular woman.
This idea of femininity and strength as opposites comes from the patriarchy, which you preach and embrace. So, if you would truly care about femininity being perceived as a strenght rather than a weakness, you would stop preaching patriarchal nonsense. Since you show no signs of wanting to stop preaching patriarchal nonsense, I think it's safe to assume you do not care about women at all.

5 hours ago, Marly said:

Since you show no signs of wanting to stop preaching patriarchal nonsense, I think it's safe to assume you do not care about women at all.

She cares greatly about women - men aren't going to buy her book or read her blog and heap praise upon her head for her amazing wisdom!  If she didn't care about women, she wouldn't care (and gossip) about them taking more than their portion of food.  She wouldn't have anyone to dream about paddling on the beach when she walks with Ken.   Whose windows would she peek into so she could make a critique that they were bad housekeepers?  Men?  Oh no. Who would bring her food while she was on vacation if her mother hadn't been around to do it?     It is one hundred percent women's decisions to put their children in daycare, thus neglecting and abandoning them.   A single father would never do that and a married couple would never make that decision together.   Women were all created as Lori clones with no ideas or dreams or skills other than the ones Lori has. She just wants women to be as  righteous, godly and wonderful as she turned out to be once she became Transformed!   Men are already perfect.  No need to care about them - well, unless they are praising her and denigrating women, then okay they can hang around.    (yes, she hates women. It's obvious.)   

So, according to Lori, mothers need to be with their children at all times to protect them.  She does not put an age limit on this.  She doesn't state that once they get married, they are on their own.   Lori is not protecting her own kids, because she is not with them physically all the time.  She is not following her own ideas.  Hence, she is a big hypocrite and needs to stfu.  (and she needs to learn how to cook)

She's on the "be a virginal SAHD" kick again. Given that we believe that her posts are pointed at someone she knows, could it be that her daughters or DILs weren't virgins before marriage? 

This is my favorite...raise them to be sister-moms and martyr wives.  Don't have your own identity.  

“Serving their own families! My oldest daughter has five younger siblings, all under six years of age, so she’s getting lots of ‘practice’ for when she marries. Even if she doesn’t have children right away, helping care for preschoolers and toddlers definitely teaches living a sacrificial and selfless life, which is good for marriage! I’m also training her to keep a home by teaching her basic housekeeping and cooking skills. I also have her read Lori’s posts and Above Rubies.”

Five kids under the age of six, so if they are single births, this woman is perpetually pregnant.  I guess it saves on the wardrobe because you are always wearing maternity clothes.  I wonder how old the oldest daughter is if the others are birth stacked like cordwood.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived