IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

We love football here so the Super Bowl is a holy day of obligation to us. ?

No, I couldn't play in the NFL, but then neither could 99.999999...% of men, including Ken and his sons.  Elite athletes are a breed to themselves.

Lazy ass that I am we'll just order in pizza and chicken wings tomorrow. 

ETA: I guarantee Ken and his sons would get absolutely killed if they played basketball against a WNBA team.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori mentions the NFL like it's actually like really important. Is it entertaining for many people? Yes. But it's entertainment and I think players are way over paid when compared to those who do more important things like teach, nurse etc. If you can't tell, I hate football and find it boring. I'm way more concerned about the high amount of sex trafficking that takes place during that time. Victims probably bought mostly by men. 

For the record if you love it that's awesome! I wish I could be entertained by sports but it's not in my blood. 

I grew up in a family of Packers fanatics during the glory days.

But I haven’t been able to watch a football game since watching the movie Concussion (I think that was the title). And the whole Kapernick (sp?) thing has me disgusted. So much for free speech.

I admit, it’s possible that the league might have made improvements in safety and I missed it.

(ETA: I am not casting aspersions on anyone who enjoys the game. Please enjoy! I love a good football party. Football snacks are sooo good. And unhealthy. And delicious.)

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

ETA: I guarantee Ken and his sons would get absolutely killed if they played basketball against a WNBA team.

An elite team in any sport would mutilate any hobby player, male or female. I'd like to see Lori go up against a Roller Derby skater. 

And...all the modern shit we find useful...much of it was invented by women. If I remember correctly, Hedy Lamarr had a hand in early bluetooth technology, Katherine Hamilton wrote ALL the software for the lunar missions (there's a picture of her standing next to the printouts and they're nearly as tall as she is), I believe it was a woman who invented the dishwasher, 

see the link for more

https://www.factmonster.com/science/inventions/inventions-women

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventions_and_discoveries_by_women

Lori can kiss my ass

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Yes, Lori- we all rely on inventions made by men. What you seem to forget is that historically those opportunities were open to men only (and really, only white men

There are so, so many inventions made by women and black people.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

But I haven’t been able to watch a football game since watching the movie Concussion

Yeah, this movie changed my opinion about football, but since sports is religion in America I know there is little hope of it going away. Mr. SB loves football and I can't get him to watch Concussion. He thinks players accept the risk so what is the problem?

Mr. Dress and I are going to a friend's Super Bowl party.  Our friend is making chili and cornbread. Everyone is bringing food. My contribution will be a selection of cheeses, crackers, summer sausage, spicy grainy mustard, pickles & olives, and celery and carrot sticks with spinach dip.  

All the food will be very good and most likely bad for us.  But hey it's one day a year.

There will be some who are actually watching the game and some (raises hand) who just eat, drink and visit. It's going to be a great party.

Lori's Super Bowl snack will be her slimy cat food salad. Then she will watch to make sure everyone eats only their portion.  Ken will mumble, "screw this" and go get his crackers and spray cheese that he keeps hidden.

22 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

There are so, so many inventions made by women and black people.

Yes- I agree. To clarify, my statement was in reference to our historical narrative that has minimized contributions and accomplishments of POC and women. 

7 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Nope. She’s still there and still responds with Lori style snark. I like that she confronted Lori on some of her commenters but I think deep down she believes exactly like Lori- she just makes more of an effort to cover it under a caring persona. I also wonder if she has to pretend to be a little more temperate for some reason.

Oh I'm disappointed. I hereby rescind her nomination. ?

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

Yes- I agree. To clarify, my statement was in reference to our historical narrative that has minimized contributions and accomplishments of POC and women. 

To the extent that men have invented more things. . . that's probably due to the fact that women's educational opportunities were limited. Just like the way that Lori limited her girls' education.

For example, they pulled Cassi out of BIOLA after one year and put her in community college ("she just wanted to be a wife and mother anyway"), while the boys were allowed to attend all four years at BIOLA. 

Their default for the girls was always public school. Alyssa tried public school in 9th. . . Lori decided it was too wild. . . so Alyssa got homeschooled. Cassi was sick of homeschooling in 8th. . . they stuck her in public school. . . again it was too wild for Lori. . . so they put Cassi in private school. Where her brothers already were.

They paid for *one year* of private education for Alyssa (senior year of high school). And I'm not even 100% sure she didn't attend public school that year. In contrast, they paid for 12 years of school for their darling Steven (high school, college and dental school). 

5 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Sure, I might need a man to do some heavy lifting or moving. I don't know much about plumbing or cars. If it's something the hubby doesn't know how to fix, we call a plumber or take the car to a mechanic (who will most likely be a man).  

I'm pretty feminine, and our family does fall into the traditional gender roles. However, my husband can cook and clean, and I at least know how to look up a plumber or find a mechanic 

I even know how a bag and drive away from a fire all by myself.

Mr. Briefly cooked dinner tonight.  It was tacos, by the way.

I have done, or helped with:  replacing a brick sidewalk, installed a chain link fence, replaced a garage door, replaced doors, installed a wooden fence, split firewood, painted inside and outside walls, moved furniture, installed a dishwasher, laid out and striped parking lots (in S. Texas, after said parking lots have been baking in the hot sun all day), and a whole lot more.  And guess what, the world didn't end!  I've also helped with basic plumbing, but that is something that I prefer to leave to an expert.  Same thing with car repair, I will pay to have it done.

Lori would be completely useless in a disaster, or even in a needed home repair situation.  She would probably have no idea what to do.  She strikes me as pretty useless most of the time, actually.  I think most people will at least have to take care of something on their own at some point, even if it's as "simple" as turning off the water because a pipe burst.  But Lori?  She probably doesn't even know where the water cut off is!  Same thing for the fuse box in her house.

As far as the Super Bowl, we are not really into sports at all.  I will probably look up the commercials online Monday or Tuesday.

So Lori probably doesn't want to know that when I'm visiting, my dad asks me to unscrew the lids on jars he's having trouble with (including jars of my homemade jam - yes, Lori, this evil feminist cooks things that other people actually want to eat, and apparently also seals them really well), or hear about the time I (with the help of YouTube) installed the dryer belt he couldn't figure out?  I guess she doesn't want to know that since moving into my current place, I've fixed the toilet and bathroom faucet, rebuilt the backyard gate, and kept the trees trimmed? 

Yes, I would call a plumber or electrician if I needed one, and it's possible - maybe even likely - that they would be male.  But I wouldn't be calling for someone with a Y-chromosome and penis; I'd be calling for someone with the training and equipment to do what I can't.

I wonder what it is about having a penis that makes men so special? But at the same time, they can't control their animal instinct to assault women. I just don't get it. 

Also, I'm not doing anything for Superbowl. My extended family used to have a Superbowl party but idk maybe their either too busy or they're boycotting it now because of the whole kneeling thing. They're pretty conservative so we have some differences but I'm almost too afraid to ask in case it creates conflict. lol

No Saints = No SuperBowl.  I'll watch the half-time show, but that's about it.  

Once again, today we see an outpouring of the meek and gentle spirit Lori has.  Meek as a cobra and gentle as a grizzly bear.

Leghumper on today's scribble:

What ever woman who wrote this needs to run for president in 2024.

Ken Alexander:

She's too busy taking care of her husband and grandkids :) but she would make a great choice!

Except, according to Lori, women aren't supposed to run countries, Ken, remember?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Lori as president? She can't even get out of her home because of a forest fire, what's she gonna do in face of bigger national issues? Also, she's not too busy taking care of anyone. She's too busy finding random stats and engaging in emotional affairs with redpill men. 

12 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori as president? She can't even get out of her home because of a forest fire, what's she gonna do in face of bigger national issues?

Now there's an interesting and terrifying question: Would Lori be better or worse than Trump?  She's just as stupid and ignorant, and just as insane, though with a different focus for her crazy.  Would she do as much or more damage by obsessively trying to take away women's rights and cutting welfare programs, as Il Douche does by obsessively trying to whip up xenophobia and pushing for a wall?

1 minute ago, FullOfGravy said:

Would Lori be better or worse than Trump? 

Worse. We would have Gilead for real as soon as she was elected.

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Worse. We would have Gilead for real as soon as she was elected.

She would certainly try.  Would it be allowed, though?  If she signed a presidential declaration, it would surely be challenged in court immediately, and I imagine an awful lot of her decrees would be unconstitutional.  Would it depend on how badly her predecessor had managed to load the SCOTUS?

(Note: I'm not American, so I'm guessing based on what I gather from the news, and not from actual civics class knowledge.)

2 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Would it be allowed, though?

I don't know if you watched The Handmaids Tale, but Gilead wasn't allowed, it was formed by a violent takeover of the government. She would be all for it if women would be put in their place and forced to stay home and have babies.

25 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't know if you watched The Handmaids Tale, but Gilead wasn't allowed, it was formed by a violent takeover of the government. She would be all for it if women would be put in their place and forced to stay home and have babies.

I read the book years ago, but haven't watched the series. 

I was assuming some bizarro-world in which Lori actually gets elected and tries to implement her policy through something semi-close to the legitimate legislative process.  If we assume a coup - even one approved by an elected president - where the courts, Senate, and Congress are swept away, then yes, all bets are off.

I'm taking my daughter, her husband and my granddaughter to see The Wizard of Oz tomorrow afternoon.  TCM and Fathom are holding encore showings on Sunday afternoon and Tuesday evening since the weather was so abysmal over so much of the country last week.  TV viewing will be either what's on TCM during the evening, the Puppy/Kitten Bowls or Victoria.

Her laziness rears its ugly head again. Just because she can't/won't, doesn't mean others can't or won't. I helped a female friend move last weekend. There were two men & three women (counting my friend). We all carried furniture, we all tracked up & down stairs with heavy boxes. I drove one of the trucks with a loaded trailer & did just fine. Not the first time I've done it, certainly won't be the last.  She's the epitome of women who make me sick.  I can respect a person who says they won't or can't do heavy lifting in an honest manner. Got bad knees, don't believe in doing it... whatever, just own & honor the reason.  This dizzy broad uses the excuse that she's not capable simply because of what she's got between her legs... no other reason.  Buuuullllshiittt. 

The super bowl won't be played in this house tomorrow.  The commission can suck it after what they did at the Saints game. And I'm not even a big fan, I check scores & catch games now & then but dirty is dirty. 

I knew some women who were Air Force veterans. These women were strong as hell.

Mr. SB is boycotting the Super Bowl tomorrow because of the Saints debacle. I'm so happy. The NFL is kinda corrupt.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived