IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

That stuffed roast chicken is the most appetizing food I've ever seen on the blog. Joe and John are clearly eating better than they did before they were married. I think NR Anna does a lot of baking but besides that, Chris is still getting frozen bean burritos.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

That stuffed roast chicken is the most appetizing food I've ever seen on the blog. Joe and John are clearly eating better than they did before they were married. I think NR Anna does a lot of baking but besides that, Chris is still getting frozen bean burritos.

It's an actual recipe for stuffing! I'd put in more onions and celery, but we're weird like that. Also, Alton Brown told me to use two eggs mixed with parsley as a binder, though her recipe is a lot smaller so maybe just one? We always make too much food and then eat leftovers because I can't use less than 1/2 an onion at a time. 

Melanie, Nathan and their kids likely eat a lot of bean burritos too, we’ve had many blog posts of Abby, Bethany and Tina making the tortillas. 

I'm shocked Invisible Elissa is featured in today's blog post.

17 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Melanie, Nathan and their kids likely eat a lot of bean burritos too, we’ve had many blog posts of Abby, Bethany and Tina making the tortillas. 

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Chris is still getting frozen bean burritos.

Imagine all the gas in Maxhell.

49 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Nah -- passing gas is not possible for a Maxwell, because it's just too interesting and natural.

11 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Nah -- passing gas is not possible for a Maxwell, because it's just too interesting and natural.

And you can't schedule it

PS I notice in the comments on Elissa's stuffing that Terri says the recipe is a "family favorite." Contrasted to Chelsy's stuffed mushrooms, of which Teri is clearly not a fan.

I mostly eat vegetarian food and haven't had chicken for over thirteen years, but I have to admit Elissa's food looks delicious. I'm dying to know more of her and Joseph's daily life, but I'm kind of happy they remain mostly under the radar. I just hope it's their decision and they actually had balls to say no to the constant dog and pony show on the blog.

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I still think that’s the only reason they allowed Sarah to get Ellie. Now they have a non human to blame their bodily functions on. 

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still think that’s the only reason they allowed Sarah to get Ellie. Now they have a non human to blame their bodily functions on. 

Speaking of Ellie, did those fall/late fall/some random future date puppies ever show up? 

Is Ellie or "the guy" having trouble doing the deed? (I am appalled that on the web page Sarah referred to the stud as "the guy". She is far too uneducated to breed her dog). 

Also, has she taken deposits from unwittingly naive people and is failing to deliver? Has she refunded anything? 

I actually checked the puppy website the other day. Still crickets. Sarah is still saying that she’s waiting for Ellie to go into heat. The last blog post is from May, 7 months ago, surely Ellie has gone into heat by now. Maybe Ellie didn’t get pregnant, maybe there were no takers for the puppies, who knows. 

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The last blog post is from May, 7 months ago, surely Ellie has gone into heat by now. Maybe Ellie didn’t get pregnant, maybe there were no takers for the puppies, who knows. 

Maybe Ellie is a psychic dog, who felt the vibe all around her and concluded that young female beings in that house are supposed to remain "girls," never maturing or having offspring. Maybe she just thinks she's being a good dog and following the house rules. ?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I actually checked the puppy website the other day. Still crickets. Sarah is still saying that she’s waiting for Ellie to go into heat. The last blog post is from May, 7 months ago, surely Ellie has gone into heat by now. Maybe Ellie didn’t get pregnant, maybe there were no takers for the puppies, who knows. 

I lost the link to the blog.  Can you post it please, thanks.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

How could anyone forget Christmas Time in Hell?

Fitting since Steve is convinced we're all going to go there when we die.

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

This is starting to look like one of the many dead web sites the Maxwell's began and then abandoned.  Maxwell and Sons Construction, Preparing Sons, Preparing Daughters, and others I can't recall right now.  They had a bunch of these dead sites for awhile.

ETA: I don't think they have the Families for Jesus web site anymore, but that's the one that Steve talked about blacking out the words to Row Row Row Your Boat in his kid's music lesson books.  That site stayed up a long time after the kids were grown with no new material.

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Maybe when Sarah was off on a ministry of some sort, someone had Ellie spayed and didn't tell her. Or maybe God is just keeping Ellie's womb closed.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

https://kansasgoldens.com/

It’s stated that the female puppies would cost more.

It seems to me they are quite expensive considering Ellie has never been shown in conformation or obedience or anything else.

I noticed something while looking at the about me section on their website. Only sarah’s bio says she wants to be a wife and mother but waiting on god to bring the right man. Anna and Mary both love kids born and unborn. Do they not want to marry? 

16 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

What was the reason for blocking out row row row your boat?

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was because Steve thought the lyrics were frivolous.

58 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I noticed something while looking at the about me section on their website. Only sarah’s bio says she wants to be a wife and mother but waiting on god to bring the right man. Anna and Mary both love kids born and unborn. Do they not want to marry? 

I think the Maxwells were a little more aggressive with her bio since the clock is ticking fast. Anna and Mary have more time. I can understand that Steve and Teri will want to keep at least one daughter unmarried to care for them in their old age, but I think they have realized that while it is convenient to have Sarah around, it looks pretty bad on their brand for her to not be married at the age she is. My bets are on Anna being the forever single one, I can actually see Sarah marrying someone when she is middle aged.

44 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Can't be merry or think that life is but a dream. Too much *un. ???

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was because Steve thought the lyrics were frivolous.

Just quoting you because I feel like a rebel tonight.  Long day and my strong willed 3 yo has rubbed off on me. 

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I notice in the comments on Elissa's stuffing that Terri says the recipe is a "family favorite." Contrasted to Chelsy's stuffed mushrooms, of which Teri is clearly not a fan.

Yes, because Elissa’s stuffing is pretty bland and middle-American, while Chelsy’s stuffed mushrooms are flavorful and take a little actual effort to make.

50 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

can't believe you can't see how dangerous and subversive this song is!

Row, Row, Row Your Boat Lyrics

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the brook,
If you catch a little fish
Please let it off the hook

[no one is let off the hook for anything in Maxhell!]

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the creek,
If you see a little mouse
Listen to it squeak

[ listening to the squeak keeps you from hearing the voice of God]

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the river,
If the river gets you wet
Don't forget to shiver

[shivering is a non-verbal expression of discomfort.  insubordinate!]

Row, row, row the boat
Gently to the shore,
If you see a lyin' bear
Don't forget to roar

[to roar the kids would need to find their own voices.  can't have that ]

Row, row, row your boat
Watch the water flow,
Rowing's fun but rowing's hard
That is what I know

[they aren't allowed to acquire knowledge based on their natural observations.   that could lead to intellectual confidence and curiosity ]

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the lake,
Don't stand up and rock the boat
That's a big mistake!

[I bet he left this verse unredacted]

Row, row, row your boat
See the water run,
Rowing here and rowing there
Oh we're almost done

[here and there?  unscheduled?  anarchy!]

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream,
Ha ha fooled ya all
I'm a submarine

[danger!  imagination and lies!]

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

This is starting to look like one of the many dead web sites the Maxwell's began and then abandoned.  Maxwell and Sons Construction, Preparing Sons, Preparing Daughters, and others I can't recall right now.  They had a bunch of these dead sites for awhile.

I hope those websites knew where they were going to go when they died.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived