IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

The only news of note is Melanie is pregnant - again and hopefully for the final time.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they'd go back to consecutive letters, assume Ben was kind of their E, and do a letter F? Like maybe Fiona?

For D I'll throw in some if my guesses I had for the Wallers before they went with Destiny - Dinah, Daisy, Dahlia, Dorothy

They're in an interesting situation.  If they stick with the girls' ABC they could have Deborah ...

If they stick with the 5 kids' ABCDE they could have Faith though they usually have their virtue names as middle names.

So … what's sufficiently Biblical and starts with an F, for a female?  The 7 brothers' mother* got stuck with naming her 6th boy Frankincense because there is no Hebraic F name in the Old nor New Testaments!

I was thinking Frances but discovered it means "free." Heh heh heh yeah … no.  Not gonna happen in Maxland.

I grew up (in the 1950s) hearing about a sweet neighbor lady's daughter who was named Dorcas.  I always thought it was a pretty name and as much as I enjoyed calling people dork and dorkus in later years, I really didn't make the connection 'til I joined FJ.  Ranks a rot, friends.  *joking*

*From the movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." So far I don't' know of an actual family that's named their 6th son Frankincenese.

From the last thread, @singsingsing said:

I share a name with a fundie (sort of - it's the same name but it's spelled differently) and I do a double take every time I see it. It's not like it's an super uncommon name, but she's the only fundie I know of who has it and it always weirds me out a bit!

Well, hello there, you must be Ginger. ;)  Or are you a Jessica not a Jessiqua?  No need to confirm or deny, I'm just having fun.

My first thought was Sheistheway but that would be super uncommon.  It would be an awfully good name for a cat though.

34 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Palimpsest, an even better name for a cat would be “Shesintheway.”

That reminds me of the two (probably apocryphal) greyhounds:  "Getoffthecouch" and "Youtoo."  :D

Yeah, there aren't really any F names in the Bible for girls or boys. If they chose an F name, maybe they'd just go traditional/for a name with a positive meaning, like Felicity/Frederick (Freddy)/Florence/Felix. Something like that. 

Danielle is similar to Daniel, actually. So maybe not that. Dinah/Diana is Biblical, and can be shortened to Di. Daisy is pretty, not really Biblical but still nice and fairly common. 

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

...So … what's sufficiently Biblical and starts with an F, for a female?  The 7 brothers' mother* got stuck with naming her 6th boy Frankincense because there is no Hebraic F name in the Old nor New Testaments!

... *From the movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." So far I don't' know of an actual family that's named their 6th son Frankincenese.

Seven Brides also had a Dorcas, played by Julie “Catwoman” Newmar. I thought it was kind of a goofy name but the Maxwells should go for it. In the real world she might get some flack but the in the Maxwell compound? No one would dare. NO ANIMAL CRACKERS FOR YOU!

I had a dog, and being the clever? brat that I was, I named it Deeogee. Original? No, but I thought I was. Amazingly, some people didn’t get it and that fed into my early teenage ego.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Yeah, there aren't really any F names in the Bible for girls or boys. If they chose an F name, maybe they'd just go traditional/for a name with a positive meaning, like Felicity/Frederick (Freddy)/Florence/Felix. Something like that. 

Danielle is similar to Daniel, actually. So maybe not that. Dinah/Diana is Biblical, and can be shortened to Di. Daisy is pretty, not really Biblical but still nice and fairly common. 

My cat is named Daisy which leads me to think of other notable Daisys.  There's Daisy Mason from Downton Abbey (my favorite character from DA), Daisy Duck, Daisy Bumstead (Dagwood and Blondie's dog), Daisy Ridley, Daisy Buchanan, Daisy Fuentes, Daisy Mae Yokum, and Daisy Duke.  

But there is a Male F name in the Bible... Festus.  He was not a bad guy apparently. 

ACTS 25:1-5  1 Now when Festus had come to the province, after three days he went up from Caesarea to Jerusalem. 2 Then the high priest and the chief men of the Jews informed him against Paul; and they petitioned him, 3 asking a favor against him, that he would summon him to Jerusalem - while they lay in ambush along the road to kill him. 4 But Festus answered that Paul should be kept at Caesarea, and that he himself was going there shortly. 5 “Therefore,” he said, “let those who have authority among you go down with me and accuse this man, to see if there is any fault in him.”

10 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

I had a dog, and being the clever? brat that I was, I named it Deeogee. Original? No, but I thought I was. Amazingly, some people didn’t get it and that fed into my early teenage ego.

I knew a dog named Deeogi. He was a good dog. I always told the owner he needed a cat named Siaytee. 

Won’t they go for a D girl name or a C boy name? Diana, Donna, Deborah, Desdemona, Daphne, Dorothy... Charles (Charlie), Carl, Calvin, Curtis, Connor, Canaan...

4 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I think they will. 

I hope it’s a healthy boy and their last. Then they will have two sets of ABC kids. 

18 minutes ago, Markie said:

I hope it’s a healthy boy and their last. Then they will have two sets of ABC kids. 

I hope for this also. I also think 2 sets of ABC kids would be cute. 

Except their first child was an S...

Reminds me of poor Caleb Duggar, only worse, because this child actually lived on Earth.

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Except their first child was an S...

Reminds me of poor Caleb Duggar, only worse, because this child actually lived on Earth.

The acknowledge her every year on her birthday and anniversary of her death, at least.

I'm guessing that they don't include her when talking about the number of children Melanie and Nathan have, or the number of grandchildren Teri and Steve have, because it would lead to a lot of questions and it's not something they want to address over and over again. My grandparents lost a child at the age of 3, and even though they had 4 children total, they only brought up having 3 in general conversation. 

I am surprised, though, that there is no mention about Savannah in the About section of the website. You'd think they'd put something there at least. 

24 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I am surprised, though, that there is no mention about Savannah in the About section of the website. You'd think they'd put something there at least. 

I’m surprised by this also. I think she was mentained in the about us section at some point. 

Kathryn says:

December 14, 2018 at 9:37 am

There are so many wonderful children’s books out there.

Teri Maxwell says:

December 14, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Yes! Sadly many that aren’t wonderful too.

I’m lucky enough to have an 8 year old niece and a 6 year old nephew and I’ve read to them at bed time since they were born. Apart from a few Enid Blyton books where I’ve quickly edited bits, due to changing times, I’ve never come across a book I deem inappropriate. Of course we don’t expect Teri to read in her 15 min monthly scheduled Reading Time “Topsy and Tim Have Two Dads” but for fucks sake most children’s  books have a moral tone to them.

oh shit I forgot the Row row the boat saga.....

30 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The acknowledge her every year on her birthday and anniversary of her death, at least.

I'm guessing that they don't include her when talking about the number of children Melanie and Nathan have, or the number of grandchildren Teri and Steve have, because it would lead to a lot of questions and it's not something they want to address over and over again. My grandparents lost a child at the age of 3, and even though they had 3 children total, they only brought up having 3 in general conversation. 

I think it was on a thread about the series six finale of Downton Abbey, but someone mentioned that when Lord and Lady Grantham were talking about how their daughters, Lady Mary and Lady Edith ,were now settled (happily married) they didn't  mention Lady Sybil who had died in series three.  It's not that Robert and Cora had forgotten Sybil but that bereaved parents tend to not enumerate the deceased child after a period of time.  It's part of healing.  We don't forget ever though.

I'm guessing Caleb for a boy. I really hope they have a boy, partly because it would be nice for them to have girls A-C and boys A-C, but also because if they have a girl they'll probably name her Deborah, which is a name I hate - it seems so frumpy and dated to me. Hopefully if they have a girl they'll call her Dorothy, which while not in the bible, does have a religious meaning.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived