IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished marking a pile of undergraduate essays.  Sarah's most recent post made me want to rip out my red pen and get to work.  My word, that woman cannot write.  If she were a student in my class I would be giving her directions to the university writing support centre.

So how is showing up at your neighbors house uninvited, shoving a loaf of unedible sweet bread in their face, and singing songs with voices sounding like a pack of wolves in heat sharing Christ's love?

6 hours ago, Tish Cook said:

Look I get that delivering a poppy seed cake with your caroling is a nice touch...thoughtful even since people have to stand their and listen to this BS....but Just ONCE could we bake something new.  An applesauce spice cake...A Zuchini Blueberry loaf, a carrot cake.  I have been following Maxhell for more years than I care to remember but just once....be rebels.....bake brownies!!!!  I Can't stand the monotony for one....more......minute

They did make a cinnamon bread one year with icing on top.  It looked really good.  Much better than poppy seed loaf cakes.  I wonder why they don't make that anymore?

I was laughing when Sarah wrote that they went back to some houses a few nights later of neighbors who weren't home the first night they went caroling.  I'm picturing the neighbors thinking, "Oh crap!  I thought we got out of having to hear these people sing this year."

15 minutes ago, kpmom said:

they went back to some houses a few nights later of neighbors who weren't home the first night they went caroling. 

of course there's a list of who they missed!

I'd politely decline and shut the door.

Some of the Maxwell's neighbors should return the favor next year. It would be nice if some of them got together and learned some Marilyn Manson songs to serenade the Maxwells with.

23 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Some of the Maxwell's neighbors should return the favor next year. It would be nice if some of them got together and learned some Marilyn Manson songs to serenade the Maxwells with.

• Happy Christmas,War Is Over (Lennon)
  • Do They Know It's Christmas (Bob Geldof for Band Aid)
  • Elf's Lament (Barenaked Ladies)
  • Fairytale Of New York (the Pogues)
  • I Won't Be Home For Christmas (Blink 182)

3 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I will add Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime (McCartney) to your list (considering the fact that Row, Row, Row Your Boat is subversive by Stevhovah's standards). 

12 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (Elmo and Pasty) and Jingle Bombs (Jeff Dunham and Achmed the Dead Terrorist) would suffice cuz they are both about death.  Did Grandma and Achmed know where they were going when they died?

10 hours ago, Tish Cook said:

Look I get that delivering a poppy seed cake with your caroling is a nice touch...thoughtful even since people have to stand their and listen to this BS....but Just ONCE could we bake something new.  An applesauce spice cake...A Zuchini Blueberry loaf, a carrot cake.

Maybe they're hoping that, if they overdo the poppy seeds, the neighbors will be stoned enough to listen to their proselytizing.

It wouldn’t be Christmas without this!

Yes fuck off Maxwells. quick turn the BEAST off and pretend we are not in.

So they basically ask what some would call friends around to help them write Christmas cards then call it a party. Teri could schedule in her schedule and schedule writing two cards at per schedule.

Lazy fuckers.

@thoughtful,  I don't know if you were/are a Seinfeld fan but, IIRC, there was an episode where Elaine Benes failed a drug test at work because she's eaten a poppy seed bagel.  

I always wanted to make some hash brownies for a family reunion.  Some of those people need to be baked. 

What a wonderful ministry – doing the caroling as a church and singing to the widows.

You patronising c@nt.

My dad died six years ago and some organisations he belonged to refer to her as a widow.

I would refer to my mum a single person.

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

of course there's a list of who they missed!

I'd politely decline and shut the door.

I would do the same. If a bunch of kids were out caroling, I'd listen and smile and engage. A bunch of insecure Jesus freaks, no thank you. Politeness doesn't even come into play. My door, my home, my life; I owe neighbors / grown adults nothing, not even my time. And especially not my time standing at my door, when it's cold, listening to them bloviate & pretend they can sing & no doubt postulate - nope. Even if I had been sitting on the sofa eating cookies & watching cheesy Xmas movies - ain't got time for that. 

It's actually pretty presumptuous of them and shows how deaf they are to the world around them. 

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

What, no Blue Christmas? Well, isn't even the regular Jingle Bells potentially offensive to them? "Oh what FUN it is to ride......."?

I like Something about December by Christina Perri - it's a pretty song.  

19 hours ago, kpmom said:

They did make a cinnamon bread one year with icing on top.  It looked really good.  Much better than poppy seed loaf cakes.  I wonder why they don't make that anymore?

I believe that's what they used to make every year for a while, but they stopped because it took so much longer since they had to wait for it to rise and all that. It did always look delicious though. 

17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@thoughtful,  I don't know if you were/are a Seinfeld fan but, IIRC, there was an episode where Elaine Benes failed a drug test at work because she's eaten a poppy seed bagel.  

I wasn't a Seinfeld watcher, but I am aware of the episode. I warn my mother not to take a drug test every time I buy her poppy seed bagels. It amuses her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived