IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I feel like Chelsy's smile is really forced in that last picture. She looks like she really doesn't want to be doing this. 

Eh, I am not sure. She grew up in a similar family where much of life is photographed. I would not read too much into her expression. She may have just been nervous about impressing the borg collective or something.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I feel like Chelsy's smile is really forced in that last picture. She looks like she really doesn't want to be doing this. 

Eh, probably so.  When I was in the third trimester of my pregnancies,  I wasn't sleeping well, couldn't get comfortable at night.  Maybe Chelsy needed a nap more than they needed to showcase her on the blog.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:45 PM, singsingsing said:

That purse counts as giant?! Oh damn. I'm glad you guys will never see my purse! Look, I need SPACE, okay? My purse needs to be able to fit books, work materials, unopened mail, mittens, a tuque, a makeshift first aid kit... :pb_lol:

My giant purse is my work bag (for both jobs).  Tonight it contains:  stethoscope, sanitizer, nitrile (exam) gloves in a baggie, lots of pens, phone charger, enough of my routine meds for 24 hours, abortive migraine meds, ibuprofen, snacks, water bottle, list of the kids' allergies and meds, handbooks (both jobs), my planner and my Client's 18 lb cat (who smells the jerky I brought).  Usually the bag is cat free.

Yeah Griselda Teri sounds real thrilled over Judgy Chelsy's recipe.  I doubt we will hear anything from Invisible Elissa.

7 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Heh. I have a paranoid fear that if I'm carrying unidentified pills in an altoid tin, the police will stop me and accuse me of drug possession. My pills stay in their bottles! :laughing-rollingred:

I have that same fear. I’ve thought about carrying the paperwork from the pharmacy for each med so I can carry just my Little “day of the week” pill caddy. 

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I have been thinking that for a while now.  Chelsy's smile isn't what it used to be.  She used to radiate and look so joyful when she smiled.  Maybe it's because she's pregnant.  But her smile hasn't been right for a while.  The only time she looks happy is when she's with her family.  

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I have been thinking that for a while now.  Chelsy's smile isn't what it used to be.  She used to radiate and look so joyful when she smiled.  Maybe it's because she's pregnant.  But her smile hasn't been right for a while.  The only time she looks happy is when she's with her family.  

I wonder how much opportunity she's had to make local friends outside the family. She strikes me as very social, and to be able to vent about family things (like tasteless recipes!) she really needs an outside friend (or ten). No matter how well she gets on with her sister-in-laws she can't really bitch about Teri and Steve's foibles to them, or to her husband. 

It's also quite possibly being exacerbated by the festive season, being so far from her friends and family and of course being pregnant. If she's feeling crappy she quite possibly just wants her mum. 

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I already make both crab and vegetarian versions of stuffed mushrooms.  They are very easy and tasty.  Unless you are a Maxwell.

Or unless you just don't like mushrooms. :my_blush: I bet I'd like the filling sans fungi, though. 

IF Married Anna is pregnant, there might be snacks in that purse. I never had morning sickness, but if I got too hungry during early pregnancy, I'd feel nauseous. If it were me, that purse would contain half a sandwich, some crackers and maybe a banana. Eh...probably a cookie or two also since it's a special night. 

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

IF Married Anna is pregnant, there might be snacks in that purse. I never had morning sickness, but if I got too hungry during early pregnancy, I'd feel nauseous. If it were me, that purse would contain half a sandwich, some crackers and maybe a banana. Eh...probably a cookie or two also since it's a special night. 

An animal cookie? More than one?? 

Oo, you’re thinking wild thoughts for Maxhell!!

From your screen to NRA’s ears!! ?

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I wonder how much opportunity she's had to make local friends outside the family. She strikes me as very social, and to be able to vent about family things (like tasteless recipes!) she really needs an outside friend (or ten). No matter how well she gets on with her sister-in-laws she can't really bitch about Teri and Steve's foibles to them, or to her husband. 

It's also quite possibly being exacerbated by the festive season, being so far from her friends and family and of course being pregnant. If she's feeling crappy she quite possibly just wants her mum. 

Browsed her own recent blog and I seem to remember her smile being pretty normal where she’s around her FOO & her many, scattered friends. 

I mean, seriously:  a dull autumn, in Leavenworth, 0.6 miles from The Nexus Of Maxhell And Its Chief Tormentors, and pregnant: my smile would be smaller, too  

(And no insult meant to Leavenworth  it’s a nice town. But it can tend to greyness. And not Christian Grey-ness.  Heh.)

Ah. bags and totes  . . . love 'em! I have bags of various sizes for the games and toys I take to my students, a bag for the work computer and basic things I need for every lesson, purses  -- all from thrift stores.

But, for a lot of things, I can get by with just my pockets, phone and keyholder/wallet (found a few of them in thrift stores, so I have some for the future, since it appears to be a discontinued style: - mine are not this fabric).

I once locked myself out of my car when I was 18. From then on, I never bought a pair of pants without pockets, and I put a car key and a house key in my pocket before leaving the house. I'm now in my 60s. That one event was so powerfully in the "you never want this to happen again" category that I found it easy to change my ways and stick with the change.

17 minutes ago, NeckPunch said:

I change my vote for Nathan and Mel's newest:

Caleb for a boy

Danielle for a girl

I looked up Biblical male names starting with C and now want Cyrus. Non-Biblically but sort-of related I want Cotton, mostly because it makes me laugh.

For a girl I want Deborah, because kickarse prophet. 

14 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Or unless you just don't like mushrooms. :my_blush: I bet I'd like the filling sans fungi, though. 

I'll give you all my cheese in exchange for your fungi.

18 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I hope Chelsy and Elissa have gotten close. They can snark on the in-laws together.

26 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I hope Chelsy and Elissa have gotten close. They can snark on the in-laws together.

That would be great if they did that. 

Has Chelsy ever mentioned if she and John also go to the church in the retirement home? She seemed to be really involved in her church community back home in Iowa so she probably misses that a lot.

New post - and I'm wonder if the girl standing in front of Jesse in the group photo is courting him. She's standing rather close to him if she isn't. 

Also - it appears that Elissa is - *gasps* - wearing jeans.

Yes, Captain Obvious - who IS this new girl? So odd of them to post something about a new person prior to locking them in Maxhell.

They said they had friends visiting but didn’t say their names. They might just be friends with Sarah, Anna and Mary. I don’t recognize them so I don’t know their names. They look like sisters. I just noticed there’s also an extra guy. Maybe the husband or brother to the girls? 

I want to add that NRAnna is front carrying Elizabeth. ThatcN be hard on your back if you are already pregnant and carrying extra weight in the front. If she was pregnant and further along, I would expect Chris to carry the baby or for her to back carry the baby. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:12 AM, Triplet3 said:

I'm guessing Caleb for a boy. I really hope they have a boy, partly because it would be nice for them to have girls A-C and boys A-C, but also because if they have a girl they'll probably name her Deborah, which is a name I hate - it seems so frumpy and dated to me. Hopefully if they have a girl they'll call her Dorothy, which while not in the bible, does have a religious meaning.

I strongly, respectfully disagree with this.  

1 hour ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

I strongly, respectfully disagree with this.  

I was hoping the Wallers would go with Debbie Sue for their last but they went with Destiny. Debbie Sue is just adorable for a baby. And she has the choice to go with Deb or Deborah as an adult. 

Look I get that delivering a poppy seed cake with your caroling is a nice touch...thoughtful even since people have to stand their and listen to this BS....but Just ONCE could we bake something new.  An applesauce spice cake...A Zuchini Blueberry loaf, a carrot cake.  I have been following Maxhell for more years than I care to remember but just once....be rebels.....bake brownies!!!!  I Can't stand the monotony for one....more......minute

PS Yes I understand the Irony of the Monotony and the Maxwell family.....maybe I will make it my new years resolution to limit myself to monthly blog visits. Blessed Solstice Everyone!

11 minutes ago, Tish Cook said:

Look I get that delivering a poppy seed cake with your caroling is a nice touch...thoughtful even since people have to stand their and listen to this BS....but Just ONCE could we bake something new.  An applesauce spice cake...A Zuchini Blueberry loaf, a carrot cake.  I have been following Maxhell for more years than I care to remember but just once....be rebels.....bake brownies!!!!  I Can't stand the monotony for one....more......minute

PS Yes I understand the Irony of the Monotony and the Maxwell family.....maybe I will make it my new years resolution to limit myself to monthly blog visits. Blessed Solstice Everyone!

Do you have any idea what that would do to the schedule and the carved in stone planning/shoppings lists for the holidays? Terri would have to update the document that keeps track of exactly what is eaten by whom and how much and might accidentally buy more than the exact amount needed for an exact number of servings. She would have to take all three of her adult daughters to Aldi with her to read the list and find new ingredients to keep Terri from anything that might cause her carefully structured, scheduled, step by step controlled mind to think or feel.

Surely, you do not want to send that poor woman to the crazy house. 

I'd also like to add that last night I stopped at my god-daughter's house to pick up some gifts for our family Xmas since she will be traveling. She has 4 kids, two of whom are 8 month old twins. The others are 7 and 4. The 7 year old had a half day at school yesterday, so she was home most of the day. My apparently gifted god-daughter managed to be able to make a giant salad while I was there, for a dinner they're hosting with her in-laws, again, because they will be traveling for the holidays. She also managed to have a ham in the oven, made mashed potatoes and whatever else was with the dinner that I didn't see. She preset the table for 14 adults and kids table.  Now, I can't say that the salad she made was a difficult or as time consuming as Teri's sour cream covered lettuce & peas, but she managed just fine with kids underfoot. I talked to her this morning and the ceiling didn't cave in or anything with her trying to do too damn much for a mommy in the trenches. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived