IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:
18 hours ago, thoughtful said:

unGodly fantasy stories on the Beast

I'm loving this phrase so much that I had to put it to my account location,

I am honored (and still watching them myself, while doing housework).

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Last night I went to a friends house with other friends, played cards, ate snacks, had one wine cooler, watched the ball drop on the Beast, party broke up 10 minutes later and everyone went home, was home in bed by 12:45 am.  Last NYE I was road tripping, got home at 10 pm and was asleep before midnight. And one NYE when I was in college I had my wisdom teeth pulled and extracted so no partying that night for me.  So see Maxwells not everyone parties and gets drunk on NYE.

When my kid was little and I was still single I'd be out cold by 10:00 just as I would most nights.

I’m not exactly cleaning, but i’ve taken down the tree and am nearly done with packing up the rest of the decorations. Later I will clean out the chicken coop. 

Last night I nodded off around 930 after one gin and tonic. I’m such a party animal. 

On 12/31/2018 at 3:07 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Re: Sarah’s olio post: Who are the pretty lady with the long blonde braid and the little girl who’s 8 or so (she hashervpermanent teeth). I don’t recognize either. 

I wondered that myself. Funny how she neglected to caption that one, whilst belaboring the obvious on some others.

18 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I wondered that myself. Funny how she neglected to caption that one, whilst belaboring the obvious on some others.

Isn’t that Mary ( hair looks blonde due to the snow) and one of Nathan’s girls?

9 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Maybe?!  I wouldn't have recognized her in a million years, but that you pointed it out it could be. 

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe?!  I wouldn't have recognized her in a million years, but that you pointed it out it could be. 

Omg I thought you were being sarcastic about not recognizing them because Sarah captions absolutely everything! She’s the captain obvious of captions so she’s “Caption Obvious.” ?

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

When my kid was little and I was still single I'd be out cold by 10:00 just as I would most nights.

Oh yeah. This year we made it to 10.30, but I was so exhausted I just crashed. 

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I fell asleep before midnight, but got woken up twice when someone set off fireworks. 

This year it was really quiet where I live - I think most of the younger people took advantage of where NYE fell, went away and are starting back at work on the 7th leaving only the retirees who don't tend to set off fireworks.

Or I was tired enough I slept through everything. 

@Loveday,  I'm not fond of "The Bewitchin' Pool" either.  It was written by Earl Hamner, jr who also wrote one of my favorite episodes "The Hunt" about the old guy who goes out one night with his coondog, Rip.  Hamner was also wrote The Homecoming which was the inspiration for The Waltons.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:55 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I mostly eat vegetarian food and haven't had chicken for over thirteen years, but I have to admit Elissa's food looks delicious. I'm dying to know more of her and Joseph's daily life, but I'm kind of happy they remain mostly under the radar. I just hope it's their decision and they actually had balls to say no to the constant dog and pony show on the blog.

The kitchen is also much nicer than any other Maxhell kitchen and her appliances look pricier.

I did got out last night. I partied until 2 am. Imbibed alcohol, wore a red dress and a ton of makeup, kissed a guy I'm not married to, and gorged myself at a dessert bar. 

I don't regret a minute of it.  

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Steve. 

9 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I'm loving this phrase so much that I had to put it to my account location, right under the picture of poor old Uriah destroying a road in northern Canada! Those were the days...

That picture of the ladies watching parade.... are the streets and sidewalks of Leavenworth always that clean or have the Maxwell ladies brushed, dusted and polished that certain spot beforehand to make sure it is up to their cleaning standards to stand on?? Somehow, I can actually see that happening... Or maybe I'm just used to living in a more shitty place where sidewalks never look clean.

Who's that cute "friend" and could he be a match to Reversal Anna or Mary??

Sarah wrote: "Christopher’s family dropped in one evening. Their children memorized part of the Christmas story which they shared with friends and neighbors throughout the season." So it's not only caroling that the neighbours of Maxhell have to endure every year, but also Bible reciting, and probably more than once during the holiday season. I'd be travelling out of town _so_often_ if I lived in their neighborhood... (I most definitely don't mean to accuse Prissy's kids, because this is not their invention!)

It looks like they still attend the Church Of the Elderly. You can also see Chelsy in the background of the first pic. It looks like she's wearing a frumper, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm officially in love with Ellie. She really knows where to get food dropped from the table: DSC_3199.jpg

By the way, what is that strange encouragement on the window? "You are beautiful mom" Teri really looks good in the picture with her hair brushed and a little colour on her face, but do they randomly write things like that? "You are so diligent Anna" "Mary you are so artistic" "Dad you are so... so... something"

That musn’t be Maxwell work in the window. It does not say “You are beautiful Dad and Mom”.

I had a Steve Maxwell approved NYE. I didn’t over eat. I had no diet Pepsi’s. I drank no alcohol. I went to bed at 10:30 and I’ve been cleaning and organizing all day. Yuck. My Maxwellian NYE is making me feel so dirty. 

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah captions absolutely everything! She’s the captain obvious of captions so she’s “Caption Obvious.” ?

Caption Obvious -- that's a keeper!

7 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Those are not Mary's eyes. If it's Mary she should wear that expression more. She might get a husband.

4 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Those are not Mary's eyes. If it's Mary she should wear that expression more. She might get a husband.

their looks aren't the reason any of them are single, their father is.

and the last thing any 22 year old needs is a husband.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had a Steve Maxwell approved NYE. I didn’t over eat. I had no diet Pepsi’s. I drank no alcohol. I went to bed at 10:30 and I’ve been cleaning and organizing all day. Yuck. My Maxwellian NYE is making me feel so dirty. 

But did you bewail the fate of unsaved humanity?

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Loveday,  I'm not fond of "The Bewitchin' Pool" either.  It was written by Earl Hamner, jr who also wrote one of my favorite episodes "The Hunt" about the old guy who goes out one night with his coondog, Rip.  Hamner was also wrote The Homecoming which was the inspiration for The Waltons.

I was surprised when I checked IMDb and saw that Hamner had written this one. Didn't quite expect that. Interesting to see Mary Badham in it, though; I'd only ever seen her in To Kill a Mockingbird and This Property Is Condemned. I didn't quite recognise her at first as her voice kept changing--turns out they used someone else's voice in some of her outdoor scenes!

I've been a huge fan of The Homecoming since it first aired in the early 70s. I take a little time out of the craziness of Christmas every year to sit down and watch it again.  It was such a beautifully made film.

56 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Interesting to see Mary Badham in it, though; I'd only ever seen her in To Kill a Mockingbird and This Property Is Condemned. I didn't quite recognise her at first as her voice kept changing--turns out they used someone else's voice in some of her outdoor scenes!

Not just anybody's voice -- June Foray's!

I think the episode had potential. The theme is moving -- parents so selfish and nasty that their children run away to a fantasy land. But the writing and direction are not good -- Aunt T goes back and forth between being a Southern Granny stereotype and being creepy, and the mother is over-the-top shrill.

But the nail in its coffin is the weird juxtaposition of an iconic sight with an equally well-known sound. It's incredibly jarring to someone who grew up in the 1960s to hear the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel, but with a Southern accent, coming out of the mouth of Scout Finch! 

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Not just anybody's voice -- June Foray's!

I think the episode had potential. The theme is moving -- parents so selfish and nasty that their children run away to a fantasy land. But the writing and direction are not good -- Aunt T goes back and forth between being a Southern Granny stereotype and being creepy, and the mother is over-the-top shrill.

But the nail in its coffin is the weird juxtaposition of an iconic sight with an equally well-known sound. It's incredibly jarring to someone who grew up in the 1960s to hear the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel, but with a Southern accent, coming out of the mouth of Scout Finch! 

New post up.  Coward Steve brags about how what hard workers and learners his kids and grandkids are and entertainment is the devil.  FUCK YOU STEVE!

“if you aren’t a self learner, learning will cost you”

Fuck you Steve. College education is absolutely necessary for doctors, engineers, nurses, etc and YOU benefit but will still shame people for seeking higher education. 

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

But did you bewail the fate of unsaved humanity?

And the PREBORN. NEVER FORGET THE PREBORN.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived