IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, treemom said:

I try very hard not to image snark and the Maxwell women are very very pretty in person, but WTF is going on with Anna’s hair in the Christmas post?

I think the side  pony looks cute.

and the hat Sarah wore caroling is so adorable I want to find one for my daughter.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

and the hat Sarah wore caroling is so adorable I want to find one for my daughter.

It’s not the side pony that looks wtf.  It’s whatever she has done to it to augment the pony.  Like is it twisted?  

Edited to add pic and a second edit to clarify, she should do her.  If she likes her hair this way she should wear it this way whenever she wants.  But it, at best, does not photograph well

Spoiler

6ADCC2AC-7A0F-404F-9201-E38BB1EE6A35.thumb.jpeg.d4436bbbe22ca7fc2b0664ef4ed9fe43.jpeg

1 minute ago, treemom said:

It’s not the side pony that looks wtf.  It’s what’re she has done to it to augment the pony.  Like is it twisted?  

Maybe a little braid?  

Sometimes Mary looks so much like Sarah.

6 hours ago, treemom said:

It’s not the side pony that looks wtf.  It’s whatever she has done to it to augment the pony.  Like is it twisted?  

It looks like my hair when I've arrived at the supermarket and realised I forgot to brush it so I just tie it back and hope it's not as obvious. 

17 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I really liked that hat, too!  It was very fashionable.

17 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’m sure they’d be happy to give you a sponsored link ?

19 hours ago, treemom said:

It looks like she tried to curl her hair overnight, either with rollers or by braiding it wet, and it didn't turn out well. Actually it looks like she was starting to wax it into dreadlocks and got caught in the act but I know that's not what happened.

19 hours ago, treemom said:

Edited to add pic and a second edit to clarify, she should do her.  If she likes her hair this way she should wear it this way whenever she wants.  But it, at best, does not photograph well

Hide contents

6ADCC2AC-7A0F-404F-9201-E38BB1EE6A35.thumb.jpeg.d4436bbbe22ca7fc2b0664ef4ed9fe43.jpeg

Her hair always looks like a rat’s nest to me.

It just looks very messy and unbrushed to me. Her hair has looked better. 

On 12/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If I may:

Is this it?

I’m kind of a hat fan, so I googled “felted wool women’s cap with visor” and got a lot of hits.  This one even has the flower. 

Better terms to include in a search might be “cloche” or “newsboy’s” or “beret”. 

Hope it helped!! Happy hunting. I have a hat similar to Sarah’s and treasure it!! 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, treemom said:

It kind of looks like my hair, which is wavy but not curly and not straight. Sometimes I do a side ponytail with a braid like this, and the ends look like that because the top sort of flattened out, so I braided it to give volume, but the ends are still wavy/curly-ish. It just happens, unless I brush constantly or dry it (and I don't like to use the blow dryer too much, being in a pool up to 6 times a week).plus drying/straightening makes it feel so flat and gross. 

We have the final Christmas recipe! Includes a photo of Elissa with Calia; they’re both in red. 

I notice that Elissa seems to have pierced ears. I assume none of the Maxwell maidens would be allowed to do that, right?  Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell does not; I don't think any Bontrager women do, and I think their Mennonite background frowns on piercing.

Chelsy has a new post up, by the way. I wonder who took the pics?

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/12/maternity-skirts-more-from-inherit.html

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I notice that Elissa seems to have pierced ears. I assume none of the Maxwell maidens would be allowed to do that, right?  Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell does not; I don't think any Bontrager women do, and I think their Mennonite background frowns on piercing.

Chelsy has a new post up, by the way. I wonder who took the pics?

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/12/maternity-skirts-more-from-inherit.html

When I saw the first picture, I thought Chelsy was wearing a baby carrier with a baby in it.   Girl looks ready to pop now.  I wonder if the Maxwell's approached Inherit or the company did the Maxwells.

18 minutes ago, Granwych said:

When I saw the first picture, I thought Chelsy was wearing a baby carrier with a baby in it.   Girl looks ready to pop now.  I wonder if the Maxwell's approached Inherit or the company did the Maxwells.

She’s carrying all in the front now. I carried in the front and sides. It wasn’t cute. ? I think her bump carrying all in the front looks so cute. 

@Granwych,  I thought the same thing about the photo looking like Chelsy had a baby with a mustard-colored cap in a carrier.

Btw, my autocorrect tried to correct her name to Cheesy twice.  I figured that if it did that a third time, I'd let the autocorrect stand. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

If you look at Chelsy's pics in the blog post about her mushroom recipe, you can clearly see she's wearing a pair of dangling earrings.  I can't tell if they are pierced earrings or not.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s carrying all in the front now. I carried in the front and sides. It wasn’t cute. ? I think her bump carrying all in the front looks so cute. 

She looks great for being 36+ weeks along.

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

.  I wonder if the Maxwell's approached Inherit or the company did the Maxwells.

Inherit Clothing looks way too modern to be involved with the Maxwells, I think it is all Chelsy's doing. https://www.inheritco.com/

She does so much better at product promotion than just about anyone else we watch.

This woman could do the Christian mommy blog thing with success. I think she has too many interests in the world to tie her to a computer.

7 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

If you look at Chelsy's pics in the blog post about her mushroom recipe, you can clearly see she's wearing a pair of dangling earrings.  I can't tell if they are pierced earrings or not.

The pictures on Chelsy's blog (yup, I've just been for a good long look) show dangly and stud style earrings - I'm almost certain that they're for pierced ears because if those studs are magnetic I want to know how the heck she doesn't lose them!

(I used to lose an earring a day before I had my ears pierced, unless they've improved dramatically the  magnets are not that good)

3 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

She does so much better at product promotion than just about anyone else we watch.

This woman could do the Christian mommy blog thing with success. I think she has too many interests in the world to tie her to a computer.

I think she's only impressive because the bar is set so low, Imo.

she's not well written, but coherent so in comparison to Maxwells she's Louisa May Alcott.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived