IGNORED

Maxwell 26: The Toothbrush Thing Is Real

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Am I the only one who feels that the looming barn overshadows the people?

If anyone should be overshadowed it's Stevehova.

November 19, 2018 at 9:25 am

Sarah, will you get to take Chelsy’s maternity photos as well? I would love to see them!

Teri Maxwell says:

November 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Nothing scheduled.

Dang, how rude!  Not surprising though!

Posted in the Chelsy preggo thread by mistake but not sure how to movie it here.

I agree with others who have said the placement is very awkward. I can't believe this is the result of someone taking the time to sketch it all out beforehand. 

How do they decide which grandchild will sit on Steve's lap? WHY does a grandchild sit on Steve's lap? Why aren't all the children grouped with their own parents?  Why are Anna and Mary in the photo of all the grandkids?  Did they buy those puffy black vests in bulk and did they get a discount? 

Dear God! The questions!! The questions won't stop! Somebody help me!!  

Edit: Ooops! My apologies! Calia is sitting on Teri's lap; not Steve's. My (modified) question remains: WHO gets to sit with the grandparents and...WHY? 

I think photo would have looked better with:

1. Sarah, Anna, Jesse and Mary behind Teri and Steve.

2. Chelsy and John where Jesse and Mary are standing.

3. Nathan moved to his right and Christina standing.

4. Elissa holding Kyle and Joe holding Calia.

5. Chris holding Daniel and three oldest standing, getting rid of the wagon which seems an odd choice. 

Also, it's kind of weird how similar the pose is to last years. You'd think with Mary being oh so creative she could have thought of something different. :

image.thumb.png.c9fdda6c2afd7074b873a131a9cec930.png

If you (unlike me) read Steve and Teri's guide to Making Great Conversationalists, and felt it was somewhat lacking or if (like me) you're just a hardcore Terry Gross fan, this interview with the charming Terry, not the terrified Teri, will give you some tips you can actually use.

How To Talk to People, According to Terry Gross

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But it’s different because a pregnant Chelsy is involved! John got his own family picture! Last year he was relegated to the “immediate family picture.” 

Soon will just be just Steve, Teri, and the girls. Sad.

Life in the "immediate family" is sad indeed.

51 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

If you (unlike me) read Steve and Teri's guide to Making Great Conversationalists, and felt it was somewhat lacking or if (like me) you're just a hardcore Terry Gross fan, this interview with the charming Terry, not the terrified Teri, will give you some tips you can actually use.

Maybe Terified is setting aside time to write "How to apply the correct amount and type of toothpaste to your husband's toothbrush."

Sweet Jesus.  If I ever even move Grampwych's instruments of oral hygiene, he'd think that I'd either gone barking mad or was attempting to poison him.

58 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I would personally hate that kind of question, unfortunately (tell me about yourself). It’s too broad a question for me - what do you want to know? How specific should I be? I don’t do well with broad concepts and do best with specifics/boundaries. It’s a little like those icebreakers in the realm of “tell me something interesting about yourself”, it makes me feel like the most boring person in the world. 

I know it’s said that most people like to talk about themselves... I don’t! But maybe I’m just weird that way. 

14 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I would personally hate that kind of question, unfortunately (tell me about yourself). It’s too broad a question for me - what do you want to know? How specific should I be? I don’t do well with broad concepts and do best with specifics/boundaries. It’s a little like those icebreakers in the realm of “tell me something interesting about yourself”, it makes me feel like the most boring person in the world. 

I know it’s said that most people like to talk about themselves... I don’t! But maybe I’m just weird that way. 

Good point and, TBH, I don't recall ever hearing Terry Gross asking such a broad question in her interviews. My last boss was very big on the "tell three things about you, one of which is not true". I hated it, but at least I do have one true thing about me that no one ever believes is true. And it sounds outrageous enough coming from a senior citizen that you'd think people would choose something else as the lie, but they never do.

So, NR Anna was reading a Moody book to her kids and she realized it's been 15 years since Sarah started writing them. She then decided to do a post on the blog, without Sarah's knowledge, asking people to praise Sarah for 15 years of mediocre effort. 

But, the picture of Sarah that accompanies the post has "15" drizzled over the cookies and Sarah is holding a Moody book, in a very typical Maxwell pose. 

Mmmmkay.

She wrote "nothing scheduled" but it reads more like "her family is so fucking happy let them stop making appropriate food for 10 minutes and do it their damn selves."

On 11/17/2018 at 1:02 PM, anjulibai said:

That's because she doesn't actually write them anymore. Sarah does. They admitted that at one of their last conferences, I believe. Sarah's been busy finishing up the book, so no time to write the corners. 

I think it was mentioned on the blog in passing as well.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:04 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I bet their baseboards are surgically sterile.  

God I wish mine were.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:33 AM, ophelia said:

I really like Nathan's and Melanie's family photo!

And Elissa looks stunning!!

I like how fucking over it Melanie looks in a couple of the setup pics.

I agree about Elissa. She really stood out to me in these photos.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, HereticHick said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell writes on her blog that this fall she and John "We had all the family over for a last minute s'mores party!"

Last Minute Unscheduled party in Maxwellvania?  Oh heavens!

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2018/11/fall-highlights.html

That explains why Sarah has that look on her face. Though I actually bet Sarah isn't nearly as cheerful as she is portrayed on the blog. Honestly who could blame her?

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

So, NR Anna was reading a Moody book to her kids and she realized it's been 15 years since Sarah started writing them. She then decided to do a post on the blog, without Sarah's knowledge, asking people to praise Sarah for 15 years of mediocre effort. 

But, the picture of Sarah that accompanies the post has "15" drizzled over the cookies and Sarah is holding a Moody book, in a very typical Maxwell pose. 

Mmmmkay.

It’s possible that they already knew this and threw a party (typical Maxwell style), but that NR Anna decided to do a blog post without Sarah’s knowledge. 

I don’t know why they aren’t looking at featuring NR Anna more on the blog. She absolutely exudes contentment and is a far better writer than any of the original MaxClan. 

I ordered the book. Rufus help me, I ordered the book because I have a terrible need to know what the aunt did. Maybe a book review is in order in the proper thread? 

Sarah has a huge smile in the family pictures post. It's probably the most genuinely happy smile I have seen on her recently. She's taking the family photo for the Ofchris clan and actually looks like she is enjoying it. Better be careful, Sarah. 

31 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

I don’t know why they aren’t looking at featuring NR Anna more on the blog. She absolutely exudes contentment and is a far better writer than any of the original MaxClan. 

As I've mentioned before, my parakeets are better writers.  Rather, they're better conversationalists.  They could out-wolf whistle any construction worker

Just now, Dru said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, @AllisonWndrland

It's going to be terrible, no doubt. I'm going to have delicious wine and cheese dip, possibly cookies and other f** foods, too, while reading. What some might call an anti-fast. 

2 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

It's going to be terrible, no doubt. I'm going to have delicious wine and cheese dip, possibly cookies and other f** foods, too, while reading. What some might call an anti-fast. 

A beef burrito would be the ultimate FU to Stevehovah. Read it while wearing only one shirt that has contrasting buttons and a pair of sweats. Or, better yet, leggings. Have the TV on in the background. Maybe have your Christmas tree up with the lights on. 

1 minute ago, AllisonWndrland said:

GUEST_d104b972-b1fd-4291-9a65-91b523692762.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived