IGNORED

Maxwell 26: The Toothbrush Thing Is Real

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

On the topic of mochas, I don't think it's as unhealthy as said. I mean, yes, those are suggary and it's not good, but probably it's the only sugar they take daily. Considering their weird food control, probably they don't eat cookies, yogourts, juices, ice creams etc, they *just* take 1 sugar dose with their mochas. Other people drink black coffee without sugar but eat sweets/cakes or drink juices or coke or processed sauces. Or alcoholic drinks. Or go to Starbucks before going to work.

I'm not a sugar defender at all. But I think a young, healthy person can have a sweet drink and not feel guilty. Especially if they are stuck at home and it's their only pleasure.

Pepsi was forbidden. Mochas will be forbidden too, and it's sad.

They have been shown to eat plenty of unhealthy crap- ice cream, cookies, rolls, hot dogs etc... They might have great portion control in terms of food, but their diet is crap.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:57 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

You have to be away for years and just then you can ask that question because _nothing_ happens at Chez Max.

A few more sweet little ones added, the end.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

A few more sweet little ones littles added, the end.

FTFY

I do wonder what the next big event will be other than Chelsy's baby, another baby for NR Anna (I think/HOPE TO GOD Melanie is done), and maybe Jesse getting married off. Will Anna and Mary get married off before Sarah? Will it be a double wedding with double the praising of Steve's balls? Will Teri eat more food packaging? Will Sarah reveal that she's actually a meth kingpin and she runs the entire Kansas City drug game with an iron fist? 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Will Sarah reveal that she's actually a meth kingpin and she runs the entire Kansas City drug game with an iron fist? 

now that's a book id read.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

now that's a book id read.

"Cooking" with the Moodys

Snitches Get Stitches If They Fuck With the Moodys

Mollie is the One Who Knocks

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Pepsi was forbidden. Mochas will be forbidden too, and it's sad.

Nah.  Teri voluntarily denied herself Pepsi because she was making an idol out of it.  And she is the ultimate fun-killer.  Even more so than Steve.

The Maxwells eat plenty of unhealthy food.  I think Steve indulges more than he should because his idea of weight loss is fasting.  And assigning everyone 2 animal crackers when he is on a diet.  But he fluves his meats and pumpkin pie.

The Maxwell Thanksgiving Day menu:

• 1 22 lb turkey divided among 25.  At the recommended 0.5 lb a person for poultry  (and not counting babes in arms) that is a pretty big serving of meat
  • 1 ham.  Weight unknown.  More meat.
  • 5 lbs potatoes among 25.  That is 0.2 lbs each.  About a tablespoon each.  If the babes in arms hold back.
  • Teri's favorite salad.  Again a tablespoon for each at best. More if others abstain.  A leaf of lettuce, a few peas (you calculate 3 quarters of a pound among 25 because it isn't many) and some chopped eggs, a bit of bacon, a green onion, and some sour cream and mayo.

Cranberry sauce and squash if someone else brings them.

And pies.

So lots and lots of meat.  And pie,

Very healthy.  :)

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

1 22 lb turkey divided among 25.  At the recommended 0.5 lb a person for poultry  (and not counting babes in arms) that is a pretty big serving of meat

The real joy is in the leftovers.  That turkey sandwich the next day makes it all worth it.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The real joy is in the leftovers.  That turkey sandwich the next day makes it all worth it.

Yes! We had a potluck style Friendsgiving this year (well for the last 2 years) and I miss hosting dinner because we haven't had any leftovers. This year I bought a ham and a turkey breast though and in another week or two I am going to make a mini Thanksgiving dinner for us just so I can have my favorite sides the way I like them and leftovers for a few days.  

MIL had a 29lb bird for 14 people.  Plus ham, potatoes, broccoli, rolls etc.  We only had half a turkey left.  Their turkey may have been 25lb, but not all of that weight is edible.  

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, but the Maxwells turn leftovers into turkey noodle soup not sandwiches.  And as they have no sides I doubt that there is enough left of the turkey for sandwiches.  They must just boil the carcass and add some noodles.  It's not like they have any left-over veggies to add to the broth.

FTR, I make excellent turkey noodle soup from TD leftovers and I add the veggies to the broth. 

1 minute ago, OhNoNike said:

Their turkey may have been 25lb, but not all of that weight is edible.  

Half a lb of bone-in poultry per person should cover it for normal eaters.  I usually double that amount - but then we always have major leftovers.

It has been a few years since we have hosted a major Thanksgiving meal, but when we did in the past it was usually for 20-30 people. I am pretty sure we just had a 25-26 pound turkey, but we also had a large ham a lot more sides than the Maxwells serve (mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mac & cheese, squash, cornbread casserole, rolls, green bean casserole,  brussels sprouts, roasted asparagus, cranberry sauce and of course gravy) plus several deserts and appetizers to start with. We always had enough leftovers for a reheated plate the next day for lunch, all 5 of us to have at least a couple of sandwiches and I still made a soup.

The Maxwells have plenty of meat they just don't have enough of the sides which is part of what makes Thanksgiving so much fun. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Nah.  Teri voluntarily denied herself Pepsi because she was making an idol out of it.  And she is the ultimate fun-killer.  Even more so than Steve.

The Maxwells eat plenty of unhealthy food.  I think Steve indulges more than he should because his idea of weight loss is fasting.  And assigning everyone 2 animal crackers when he is on a diet.  But he fluves his meats and pumpkin pie.

The Maxwell Thanksgiving Day menu:

• 1 22 lb turkey divided among 25.  At the recommended 0.5 lb a person for poultry  (and not counting babes in arms) that is a pretty big serving of meat
  • 1 ham.  Weight unknown.  More meat.
  • 5 lbs potatoes among 25.  That is 0.2 lbs each.  About a tablespoon each.  If the babes in arms hold back.
  • Teri's favorite salad.  Again a tablespoon for each at best. More if others abstain.  A leaf of lettuce, a few peas (you calculate 3 quarters of a pound among 25 because it isn't many) and some chopped eggs, a bit of bacon, a green onion, and some sour cream and mayo.

Cranberry sauce and squash if someone else brings them.

And pies.

So lots and lots of meat.  And pie,

Very healthy.  :)

I think Griselda Teri was trolling us with that 5 lbs of mashed potatoes and seven layer salad recipe.  Fundies usually have poor diets, see tator tot casserole and chickenetti a la Duggar style.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

FTFY

I do wonder what the next big event will be other than Chelsy's baby, another baby for NR Anna (I think/HOPE TO GOD Melanie is done), and maybe Jesse getting married off. Will Anna and Mary get married off before Sarah? Will it be a double wedding with double the praising of Steve's balls? Will Teri eat more food packaging? Will Sarah reveal that she's actually a meth kingpin and she runs the entire Kansas City drug game with an iron fist? 

None of the Maxwell daughters will ever get married. Not now, not next year, not ever. 

19 minutes ago, VVV said:

None of the Maxwell daughters will ever get married. Not now, not next year, not ever. 

If this were to be the case is it something discussed, at least between Steve and Teri as a conscious choice?

Or do they just let time pass deluding themselves and their daughters that they are just waiting for the right man?

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I agree with this and I feel really sad for them.  I think all 3 of them would love to get married. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If this were to be the case is it something discussed, at least between Steve and Teri as a conscious choice?

Or do they just let time pass deluding themselves and their daughters that they are just waiting for the right man?

Well, this is only my outsider opinion; I don't know these people beyond what they post online. I doubt that Steve and Teri have made any kind of conscious decision that precludes their daughters' marriages but I do think that (and this is perhaps the kindest possible way to put it) they are letting time pass while deluding themselves that the right man will show up. More bluntly, the difference between sons and daughters in the Maxhell world is that sons eventually become headships of their own families while daughters would pass from Steve's jurisdiction to their husband's, and I don't think there is a man alive who would satisfy Steve's requirements for his daughters' headships. 

Also, the sons at least have some opportunities to mix with other people and meet potential spouses. Sarah, Anna, and Mary are never, ever free to pursue an outside interest, take a trip, or do anything else on their own. 

4 hours ago, VVV said:

Well, this is only my outsider opinion; I don't know these people beyond what they post online. I doubt that Steve and Teri have made any kind of conscious decision that precludes their daughters' marriages but I do think that (and this is perhaps the kindest possible way to put it) they are letting time pass while deluding themselves that the right man will show up. More bluntly, the difference between sons and daughters in the Maxhell world is that sons eventually become headships of their own families while daughters would pass from Steve's jurisdiction to their husband's, and I don't think there is a man alive who would satisfy Steve's requirements for his daughters' headships. 

Also, the sons at least have some opportunities to mix with other people and meet potential spouses. Sarah, Anna, and Mary are never, ever free to pursue an outside interest, take a trip, or do anything else on their own. 

This 100% - I think Steve and Teri totally want all three girls to get married - their whole Maxwellian religion is based on raising kids for marriage, including girls. Nothing I have seen from them suggests they consider other options for girls in the long-term. While Teri mentioned in a blog post once that the girls have discussed options for what happens if they don't marry, they haven't promoted SAHDism as a vocation in the same way VF has, for example. 

I'm sure both Steve and Teri have moments where they are saddened and maybe even worried about the girls' single status, but they push those thoughts away, because doing so would be rejecting the will of God - the girls never marrying is probably The Fear That Shall Never Be Discussed.

And since they believe marriage is God's will, and their whole belief system is about achieving that goal in accordance with God's will, they couldn't even entertain the idea that marriage may not happen, when they've done everything Jesus wanted, in the way that He told Steve that He wanted. Their solution is probably to pray more, rather than change anything or develop self-awareness.

The only thing I would disagree with is the access to spouse-meeting opportunities. Sarah has occasionally taken a trip on her own, Anna apparently went to a Magneto conference and also went to a wedding by herself, and I assume Mary has done stuff without the other two girls too. Then there was Anna and Mary's mission trips to Mystery Country. 

Whether this is a new thing and Steve and Teri are realising the girls need to get out more - who knows? I'm not entirely optimistic though, since Sarah has mostly hung out with other unmarried women/babysat children rather than done anything that could potentially put her in the sphere of a potential partner. And whenever we've seen the girls at social occasions, they seem to hang out with the kids anyway. I can't help but think they'd run away if a guy even expressed an interest in them, not knowing what to do.

In other news - I've got nothing. 

DSC_2855.thumb.jpg.a2f0d9100284d6dfbfab32f7853cd455.jpg

1 minute ago, johnhugh said:

Stevie in drag:

DB5FAE65-A580-4FD6-A7CE-A5FDB7EDBAC3.thumb.jpeg.48e30b58fc1a90c9783b08690eac26f7.jpeg

Anyone have photoshop? I feel like these two are missing their matching puffer vests.

download (1).jpg

Man, Abby is getting so tall! 

How bizarre that Steve and Teri have decided it's time to dress alike. I thought that trend had gone away. 

Their Thanksgiving was small this year. I guess everyone else decided they wanted a Thanksgiving meal that with enough food to go around. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Man, Abby is getting so tall! 

How bizarre that Steve and Teri have decided it's time to dress alike. I thought that trend had gone away. 

Their Thanksgiving was small this year. I guess everyone else decided they wanted a Thanksgiving meal that with enough food to go around. 

I’ve been saying for a year or so that Abby will be one of the tallest Maxwell females in the whole family. I was a tall child who grew into a tall adult and I feel like I can spot the “tall girls” because of it. She will be taller than her younger sisters when they are all grown. But she will never be the tallest female fundies in FJ. That goes to the Richardson sisters. 

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't remember what he said or in what context, but it pretty much came down to Steve sitting in his recliner waiting for God to drop an appropriate man in his lap. No effort, no participation. No looking. 

"Nathan and Melanie’s family were with a widow and friends, and some stopped in afterward."

So the widow was not a friend too? Really Sarah, was it necessary to point out that woman's manless status? 

Or was she just some random stranger who recently lost her husband, and the Maxwells decided to inflict themselves upon her?

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Nathan and Melanie’s family were with a widow and friends, and some stopped in afterward."

So the widow was not a friend too? Really Sarah, was it necessary M point out that woman's manless status? 

Or was she just some random stranger who recently lost her husband, and the Maxwells decided to inflict themselves upon her?

I thought that was very weird at first, but then I remembered it's Sarah Maxwell writing. There is a spin on every. damn. thing. they. say. and. do. Everything.

Makes 'em look good - or they think it makes them look good - to be giving of their time to the poor widow. 

In reality, they probably had dinner with Melanie's family and an aunt or other relative or family friend also joined the family for dinner; one who just happens to have lost her spouse. 

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder if the married couples got together and set up a rota for who has to have Thanksgiving with the parents each year.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived