IGNORED

Dillards 68: Jill "Can" Cook

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but given the two options I'd go Duggar.

I think there are many variations of Tater Tot Casserole,just with meatloaf ,chili,potato salad and many others.

I used to make a Tater Tot casserole..like 20 years ago.It did use the cream of mushroom soup,ground beef a soup can of milk,but also dried onion soup mix.Mr Melon and my oldest son did not like it.My middle son loved/loves it.I find it much too salty,now.

We buy Dukes mayo.I grew up with Hellman's ,Mr Melon,with Kraft.I am not sure why we went to Duke's.We've used generic mayo before,too.I use it in recipes.I don't care for it on a sandwich,except a BLT or tomato sandwich.

Foods I will not eat : Sweet Potatoes,Beets,any organ meat,any game.I've never tried Sushi and don't want to try it.Any winter squash.Licorice.Cantaloupes.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Marly said:

So far, the mayonnaise i've tasted in other countries tastes really sour to me and I hate it and would NEVER put it on my fries. 

Yes! Mayonaise in other countries taste like is has spoiled. I just can't eat it. My mind keeps telling me to stop eating rotten things.

The best thing to put on fries is mayonaise (dutch!), peanut sauce and onions. Making a patatje oorlog (war fries)

patatje-oorlog-feat.jpg

I think Jill nerfs cook books like Sandr Lee's Semi Homemade. She'd be in her comfort zone and improve her skills at the same time with professionalally written recipes.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@Satan'sFortress - That shit needs to be under a spoiler tag. lololol

I just almost gave my second fuck you reaction!  Staaap talking about mayo. I'd rather look at reborn dolls, even those dead looking ones Mrs. Asshole makes.  Please,  for the love of Rufus STOP IT!

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Any other New Englanders out there?  My mother still mails it to all of her daughters who have moved away!

image.png.3401afe1faee58226c94ae9cf5cdfbc3.png

I’ve never heard of this. Do I have to turn in my New England card now? :pb_lol:

I really hope that Derrick sees how poor his kids' education is and steps in to try to improve it, but I doubt he will. He doesn't seem like the sort to remember what you learn at what age and regularly check in with Kill* and the kids to see. The best I can hope is that he pushes for a homeschool program where you have online teachers to help you if you need who also grade your tests and quizzes. My mom tried a bit of that when homeschooling, and they were educational (but with a decent amount of brainwashing). In our case, they weren't worth the money, but for them they would at least allow for an education. 

We were all very independent workers and she is college educated and was able to keep us all above grade level in what we learned until we went to public high school (education is extremely important to my family, but the number of kids and one salary meant we needed good transcripts for scholarships. Most of us got at least full tuition). Sorry for the off topic paragraph, I apparently have a need to overexplain.

*I tried to fix this a couple times, autocorrect can have its way!

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’ve never heard of this. Do I have to turn in my New England card now? :pb_lol:

I think I have to also. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I suspect regardless of whether they stay married or not, homeschooling will be an issue eventually.  I can't  see how he will not notice when Jill's SOTDRT approach effects the kids educationally. 

I had to go look up Arky's homeschooling laws.  They are practically non-existent.  No testing required.  There are no educational requirements for an Arky homeschool.  No monitoring by the state.  

http://www.arkansased.gov/public/userfiles/Learning_Services/Charter and Home School/Home School-Division of Learning Services/FACT_SHEET.pdf

13 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I had to go look up Arky's homeschooling laws.  They are practically non-existent.  No testing required.  There are no educational requirements for an Arky homeschool.  No monitoring by the state.  

http://www.arkansased.gov/public/userfiles/Learning_Services/Charter and Home School/Home School-Division of Learning Services/FACT_SHEET.pdf

There used to be some requirements, like taking a standardized test every few years, but homeschooling activists pushed to get rid of even those few regulations.

I make an AMAZING banana bread...with Miracle Whip or mayo.  Seriously, you guys, it's the best ever.  I add vanilla and chocolate chips!

1 cup Miracle Whip

1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)

2 cups flour

3/4 cup sugar

2 tsp. baking soda

As as far as divorce I wonder now if that isn’t motivating Derrick in law school. He might be setting himself up to get full custody of the boys when he walks. I do believe that they are in a when not if situation. I think Derrick is pissed about his life situation. JB talked him into this, built up how great this would be and Derrick has found out it sucks. I also think Derrick isn’t above throwing JB under the bus to screw him over.  I don’t know if Derrick really wants full custody as much as he wants to tell JB to go fuck himself  

Derrick wasn’t raised in Duggarville or even adjacent to it. Cathy is a strong willed woman. I don’t agree with her but she has opinions, she speaks them, and she defends them. Jill’s opinion is whatever Derrick wants. Derrick’s parents likely had a partnership marriage, maybe elegatarian but not one where the male did everything. I think Derrick is tired of doing of the thinking  

I still think Derrick is a douche bag. I don’t think he’s a better parent or anything like that. I think he’s pissy about his life and when he changes it he’s going to burn things down. 

Derick is a wannabe. He seemed agreeable.  But, marriage gets real at some point and then real marriage begins.  You better like each other and have somewhat similar goals and cohesiveness in how you see your life or it'snot going to be pleasant.  No matter what that looks like, a couple has to work out what your lives are,  who you are separately, but together.  And, that has zero to do with sex. 

If I couldn't let my husband be himself and visa versa, we'd be divorced instead of in love and mostly happily married for 20 years!  

Edit: Throw pregnancy and raising kids into the mix? Yeah, you need a strong connection, mutual respect  and lots of laughter. 

Semi-random food thing - the Great Value Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread tastes a lot like pumpkin pie filling. I feel like I should post a "recipe" for putting the spread on graham crackers. 

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I think he’s pissy about his life and when he changes it he’s going to burn things down. 

I wonder how much his book deal will be.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wonder how much his book deal will be.

I wonder how much his ghost writer/editor will get.....

2 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I think he’s pissy about his life and when he changes it he’s going to burn things down. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he wants to, but I think JB and the good old boy fundie network could make him think twice.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Why would Derick want sole custody of the boys? He doesn't seem to care that much about them. 

It is not always about caring about the kids. Sometimes people want custory just so the other person can't have it. People can be very petty creatures. 

*rises from the grave*

Long time no see.

Had a dream I was pregnant for 66 weeks. At 19 weeks my water broke, but my best friend told me "wtf you need to keep it in there for at least another 20 weeks or so!" so I stopped giving birth like "oh ok yeah true the kid wouldn't survive." Jill and my mother delivered the baby, but only after blaming me for losing parts of the muesli-blender (wtf).

8 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Semi-random food thing - the Great Value Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese spread tastes a lot like pumpkin pie filling. I feel like I should post a "recipe" for putting the spread on graham crackers. 

Ah. You should. With photos of the graham crackers carelessly slung onto a paper plate...

9 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Edit: Throw pregnancy and raising kids into the mix? Yeah, you need a strong connection, mutual respect  and lots of laughter. 

How much respect can they have for each other? When she's been raised to follow along like a secondary character in a video game, going where he wants and doing what he wants? Another strike for courtship, IMO.

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There are a lot of different curriculum out there.  We can agree to disagree on who should administer it.  I do not think someone as woefully uneducated as a Duggar could properly homeschool regardless of the program - you cannot teach that which do not understand, IMO.

Obviously if they remediated their poor education on their own and brought themselves up to speed, even if on their own, that's a different matter entirely.  

I completely agree that Jill could not teach her boys in any meaningful way. I think if she herself had learned to think, the situation might be different. But Jill doesn't know what she doesn't know. So she can't figure out what she needs to learn.

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I remember a fundie coworker complaining about moving to our state (in order to take a very cushy job with us, btw, so he was not so fundie as to refuse to work for the man).  The biggest complaint was that there were more homeschooling regulations in our state (IL) compared to where he moved from which surprised me as IL is one of the most lenient homeschooling states.   Don't remember which state he moved from though.

I was looking for a recipe this morning and Holy Shit did I find a great example of how not to write instructions, no matter how cutesy you think you are!

When writing a recipe, do this - www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-overnight-oats-3415565

NOT THIS - www.asweetpeachef.com/pumpkin-overnight-oats/

Wow.

54 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

But Jill doesn't know what she doesn't know.

Well put.  My mom used to say intelligence isn't knowing everything, no one can.  It's knowing what you don't know and knowing how to get the information you need.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived