IGNORED

Dillards 68: Jill "Can" Cook

HerNameIsBuffy

Hard no for me on mayo. I was food shopping with my mom recently and she picked up some Vegan mayo and even the sight of the jar made me gag.

Not a cilantro or parsley fan either. I can deal with parsley in a tea but don't want it on food.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure this cult thing is not gonna work in the cafeteria .... just sayin'.

7 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

To lighten up the thread I present true love.  ?

Reveal hidden contents

2F631996-DF56-4DF2-B673-0CA381E9867B.thumb.png.16e2df095811091b3889dbd5d6cbaf38.png

Aw man, I thought you meant Jill' new Instagram post /sarcasm

Honestly, could they have taken a worse picture? Maybe switch of all the lights? I'm in bec mood today ?

Former Saskatchewanian here (currently in the states) and seasonally the superstore does stock the proper chilies for an array of Mexican/Latinx/Cuban food, I have been able to get poblano, hatch, tomatillo, etc and then I just make rillenos myself. I also found in the mid-western states the food is very similar to SK and MB. 

Also I fall on the spectrum of having serious lactose intolerance, and issues with specific onions because of my GI tract, and yet no one in my family believes me. They’ll make special vegetarian dishes for my sister in law but you know they’re putting heavy cream in the mashed potatoes without warning. 

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Pretty sure this cult thing is not gonna work in the cafeteria .... just sayin'.

I think we'll need a food replicator, like on Star Trek. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

It's a huge problem in some areas already.

I'm in the red zone and this totally explains why I used to never see a stick but and now they are fucking everywhere. I had no idea that they were some sort of an invasive species. 

I still live for cilantro. I put it in everything. 

Give me a big ol' bowl of cilantro and a fork and I'll eat it like a salad. LOVE it.

Also love olives (dh hates them). Not a HUGE fan of mushrooms, but those fall into the "eat it to be polite" category - meaning, if they were served to me, I'd eat them, but I'm not going to go out of my way to eat them.

The one thing that literally makes me hurl? Teriyaki sauce.

I detest stink bugs, and yes, they smell like cilantro, but I still LOVE cilantro, anyway.

5 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Aw man, I thought you meant Jill' new Instagram post /sarcasm

Honestly, could they have taken a worse picture? Maybe switch of all the lights? I'm in bec mood today ?

I’m amazed he’s still wearing braces!

I'll be honest. I don't really care if Jill uses only anything that comes out of a can to cook. At least Jill is doing what she can to feed her kids. I have a serious problem with people who are selfish, at best, and narcissistic, at worst, like Abbie Halberstadt of MisforMama blog (don't even get me started on her). Jill may not be cooking gourmet fancy meals but she's feeding her children and obviously loves them so I have no complaints.

Yes, Jill is home all day and has the time to cook from scratch like Lori A. but we honestly do not know what she is going through in that house. Perhaps she has to make simple, quick meals just to function better as a mom and put dinner on the table. I say good for her. How many of us had such a draining day where we had cereal for dinner? Me.?‍♀️

Those damn stink bugs. I can’t stand them. This past season they ruined two zucchini plants and a squash plant in two days. Oddly enough they didn’t touch the cucumber plants. 

7 hours ago, adidas said:

Give me all your mayo and coriander/cilantro. You can keep the olives and mushrooms though. 

I'm with you on the cilantro/coriander.Give me all of the olives and mushrooms.I can take or leave mayo,it's okay in some recipes,but if I couldn't find mayo in the store,I wouldn't be heartbroken.

oh I love pretty much all foods except for the foods I am allergic to. I don't like water chestnuts, red cabbage that you get in the pre salad mix greens and liver wurst. It makes me shudder and gag.

Everytime I eat anyhing with a trace of corrinder in it I feel the need to run to the bathroom within an hour, it just doesn't agree with me. I work for Taco Bell and hate having to clean the Pico de Gallo pots or chopping board because the smell of corriander, I have yet been asked to prepare it yet, thank God. I dont like tomatoes or mushrooms on their own but can eat them if they are in dishes such as lasange or bolgnaise. I never used to like mayonaise but now I do like it.

Now they're professing their love for each other on Twitter. Probably while sitting next to each other on the couch.

Yep, nothing wrong in that relationship at all. Definitely just sunshine and roses. 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

The one thing that literally makes me hurl? Teriyaki sauce.

While I do not understand this in the least (I could eat teriyaki sauce on everything), I respect it! 

On 10/30/2018 at 5:25 AM, Rachel333 said:

I'm another mayonnaise hater, and a millennial to boot which means I'm killing the mayonnaise industry. There was an amazing article about this a few months ago. The lady is not happy that millennial don't like mayonnaise. It contains lines like:

I shake my head at Sandy Hingston, the author of this hot mess.  She waxes lyrical about how mayonnaise is a symbol of the American dream and totally skips over the fact that it became trendy in the 1800's only because it was associated with aristocratic French chefs like Antonin Careme and Auguste Escoffier who'd published recipes for it in their books.  

11 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I shake my head at Sandy Hingston, the author of this hot mess.  She waxes lyrical about how mayonnaise is a symbol of the American dream and totally skips over the fact that it became trendy in the 1800's only because it was associated with aristocratic French chefs like Antonin Careme and Auguste Escoffier who'd published recipes for it in their books.  

I also forgot about this line:

I thought young people today were supposed to be all about inclusion — about kindness and compassion and making other people feel welcome. So how about you include a little mayo in your picnic fare? 

:pb_lol:

32 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now they're professing their love for each other on Twitter. Probably while sitting next to each other on the couch.

Yep, nothing wrong in that relationship at all. Definitely just sunshine and roses. 

Look, Jill, OfJill, you guys had a big giant wedding with no food and 1000 guests. That’s where it is acceptable to publicly announce to everyone how much you’re into each other. After that, literally no one gives a single shit. You’re married. It is assumed that you guys are at least fond of each other as long as you stay together. 

If they were mainstream people I’d believe separation was inevitable for them based on that behavior alone.

8 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Look, Jill, OfJill, you guys had a big giant wedding with no food and 1000 guests. That’s where it is acceptable to publicly announce to everyone how much you’re into each other. After that, literally no one gives a single shit. You’re married. It is assumed that you guys are at least fond of each other as long as you stay together. 

If they were mainstream people I’d believe separation was inevitable for them based on that behavior alone.

This!  I thought the same when I saw the Michael and Brandon pics today on that thread.

I always through it was weird when adults would send pics of themselves out as Christmas cards (I love the pics of kids and if the parents want to jump in there, fine, I just always found it weird that people would get hundreds of pics of themselves as a couple and send it to everyone they know.)

But at some point I need someone to explain to me why couples who live together and presumably speak and share a bed need to post pics of themselves adoring each other and sending these kind of personal messages.  

Just what I know about human nature I think there is a real possibility Derek will someday drop the fundy facade and go mainstream where divorce is an option and Jill is going to be completely unequipped to deal with the fall out.

15 hours ago, viii said:

This is a really good point. But I will die on the mushrooms are evil hill lol

Fantastic! More for me!!! :)

(I love mushroom haters, because that means less competition. Gimme ALL the mushrooms! Oh...except for those which are deadly and/or have psychedelic properties.)

7 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Fantastic! More for me!!! :)

(I love mushroom haters, because that means less competition. Gimme ALL the mushrooms! Oh...except for those which are deadly and/or have psychedelic properties.)

I'll take the psychedelic ones. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I'll take the psychedelic ones. Thank you.

I'm sure we can work out a scheme here. :D

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just what I know about human nature I think there is a real possibility Derek will someday drop the fundy facade and go mainstream where divorce is an option and Jill is going to be completely unequipped to deal with the fall out.

Yes, I think it's only a matter of time before Derick decides that he is done, and will leave. And I really do pity Jill, because she has not been raised to mentally, emotionally, or financially be equipped to handle that. 

9 hours ago, Blueruin said:

Former Saskatchewanian here (currently in the states) and seasonally the superstore does stock the proper chilies for an array of Mexican/Latinx/Cuban food, I have been able to get poblano, hatch, tomatillo, etc and then I just make rillenos myself. I also found in the mid-western states the food is very similar to SK and MB. 

Also I fall on the spectrum of having serious lactose intolerance, and issues with specific onions because of my GI tract, and yet no one in my family believes me. They’ll make special vegetarian dishes for my sister in law but you know they’re putting heavy cream in the mashed potatoes without warning. 

Our Wegmans sells Hatch one weekend a year. We were out of town for the one this year so we had a friend go pick up some for us.  Our freezer is stuffed to the gills with the little green gems. 

I’d much rather be in the 505 to get them fresh , but such is life. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived