IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know....as I sit here reading novels at work...I ponder Lori and all of womankind in general.  I think Lori and some of those like her are afraid of their own power.  There are women who embrace the fact that we are naturally designed to endure stresses and various pain, be it physical or mental/emotional.  Women not only have to endure the hardship of childbirth, we have to be able to steel our hearts from earth shattering loss or accept happiness with humility lest that happiness be stripped away by some unforeseen tragedy.  (yes I know I'm getting way too deep on a Friday morning)  They maintain that false assumption that acknowledging one persons strength takes that strength from another.  Saying women are strong or durable is not saying men are not.  

It makes sense to us why men would balk at that power but another woman?  The only reason I can see why that would happen would be out of fear.  Fear of losing control...fear of something more powerful overtaking...fear of oneself in general....  What do we do with things we fear?  We try to eliminate them, run from it, get rid of it any way we can.  So, she needs to convince herself that she's just a weakling to keep that fear at bay and keep the mask on.  Keep playing into the lie that she must be weak in order for him to be strong at all.  GAAHHH that's got to be tiring??!!  

Just my .02 today.  

Also, Lori is a gold digging brat. Carry on :martinismiley:

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I feel like a terrible person admitting this but i would only be a Mom if I could have my kid(s) in child care atleast a couple days a week. I just cannot be a 24/7 Mom. I'm not built that way. 

I love being a SAHM but when my kids were toddlers they went to care 3 mornings a week. I didn't care what you called it--daycare, preschool, whatever--I just needed them out of the house so I could have some space in my head. I wouldn't have kept them there if they hated it--and it happens that they absolutely loved it.

But they went for me. Not for an "education."  I really don't think my kids needed anyone to teach them their colors or numbers, I could do that just fine. Not for "socialization."--we had plenty of friends and did lots of activities. But for me, so I could be a good mother the rest of the time. We had no help from family, and my husband had a demanding job where he traveled a lot.

I completely understand that some people need even more time away than that, and I think that's a valid reason for working, even if you dont' need the money, which most people do.

So my property tax money is still paying for Beccy’s Husband’s 3 hots and a cot. St  Tammany Parish jail posts their current inmates on a public website.

My mom always said that too. That we women couldn't handle being away from home like men. Or working like men, or facing the world head on like men. She would say it was so much easier and more fun to stay home and that we had the easy part of running the house while they go work. Makes me slightly sick to think about now. 

2080730018_ScreenShot2018-10-05at10_24_23AM.thumb.png.09f616e917f3e368f840a2efd70e21de.png

The only member of the Alexander family with a brain.  

"Among other things Lori says 'They can play freely when they need to play and cuddle with their mama when they want to cuddle.'  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same woman who handed her child over to a nanny for holding and cuddling?  Didn't Lori send her children to their rooms for hours in the afternoon because she needed her rest"?  

But, I was SICK, I tell you, SICK!  SO sick I couldn't even shop or gossip about my neighbors!! But god has healed me through Einkorn bread and Soup of Ptomaine!  Now I'm just happy spending my days with my simpleton husband, spreading hate and reviling women.  

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

My mom always said that too. That we women couldn't handle being away from home like men. Or working like men, or facing the world head on like men. She would say it was so much easier and more fun to stay home and that we had the easy part of running the house while they go work. Makes me slightly sick to think about now. 

I often wonder whether women like that might have a touch (or more) of agoraphobia. The older my SAHM mother got, the less she liked to leave the house. It was the only place in which she was 100% in control.

16 minutes ago, Carol said:

But, I was SICK, I tell you, SICK!  SO sick I couldn't even shop or gossip about my neighbors!! But god has healed me through Einkorn bread and Soup of Ptomaine!  Now I'm just happy spending my days with my simpleton husband, spreading hate and reviling women.  

But with God EVERYTHING is possible!  Lori, honey, you just didn't trust God enough.  He could have made it possible for you to take care of your own children no matter what, if you had just had FAITH and BELIEVED!  You just don't love God or his Perfect Ways at all, do you?  

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

I feel like a terrible person admitting this but i would only be a Mom if I could have my kid(s) in child care atleast a couple days a week. I just cannot be a 24/7 Mom. I'm not built that way. 

I don't think it makes you a terrible person. I hesitate to want kids because I HATE children screeching or screaming in my home (aka my safe place) or in general. It really sets me on edge. I've been tempted to leave restaurants because of it. Funny thing is, I don't normally judge the parents (okay sometimes I do) because life happens. It's just the freaking noise. 

As far as the whole not changing our world goes I'm assuming Lori hasn't read the verse "blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called sons of God" or the story of the Good Samaritan, the year of Jubilee where debts are cancelled, Jesus over turning tables in the temple, the taking care of orphans and widows.... Does Lori read her Bible? 

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

So my property tax money is still paying for Beccy’s Husband’s 3 hots and a cot.

This might interest you then. Beccy is bemoaning the fact that she has no money to raise and care for her children. Her friends tried to convince her to get food stamps by writing that it's the least the government can do for taking away her husband. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Screenshot_20181005-115646_Facebook.jpg

Ugh, this moron can't get that many families can't live comfortably solely on the husband's income. I bet some of her fangirls who have financial struggles sometimes have late payments on bills and issues with having food in the house because of a lack of money and Lori doesn't give a shit them while she was having Kenny boy pay for social media promotions and her expensive butter.  I still remember that fangirl a year or two ago who barely had money and food after her husband got his allowance for soda and chew. She posted a picture of her almost empty fridge and Lori never responded to her.  Lori probably sees those money struggle stories, but can't relate at all. I know Ken said that they had money issues when he posted here and people who have read Lori's book have mentioned that.

I'm guessing the money issues they had weren't major and were probably resolved quickly and didn't linger on. Many of Lori's fangirls will likely have constant money issues for years to come especially if they have a large family and the husband's income never increases.  I admit there are times I wish I could slap some of Lori's fangirls for actually believing that Lori can relate to them and give decent advice.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I often wonder whether women like that might have a touch (or more) of agoraphobia. The older my SAHM mother got, the less she liked to leave the house. It was the only place in which she was 100% in control.

On the days when my anxiety is really bad, I dream of staying home and don't face other people. But I know that this won't be the solution, because after being at home the first half ot this year unemployed, I would get stir crazy with boredom and by time my anxiety will get worse. And I have more money going to work, that collecting welfare.

@fluffyand @wallysmommy is this the same woman who is practically homeless with her children, but refuse to work and the husband is in prison because his defending was beating up an elderly person?

Have we talked about this? It is in the FB comments of Lori's "Jesus Gave...Dignity to Women."  A previous  commenter had written that if men gave birth, each family would have one child. SO....Ken has to run in and compare football to childbirth. But that's not even the best part. He says our bodies release OXYCONTIN during childbirth!  ?

OXYTOCIN, Ken!! Oxytocin. 

I just love it when he rides in to show off his man brains and proves himself to be an idiot. 

Disclaimer: I would not have beem opposed to ocycontin during labor but...I don't think that word means what Ken thinks it means. ?

IMG_1317.PNG

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

On the days when my anxiety is really bad, I dream of staying home and don't face other people. But I know that this won't be the solution, because after being at home the first half ot this year unemployed, I would get stir crazy with boredom and by time my anxiety will get worse. And I have more money going to work, that collecting welfare.

@fluffyand @wallysmommy is this the same woman who is practically homeless with her children, but refuse to work and the husband is in prison because his defending was beating up an elderly person?

Yep, that’s Beccy. She must get pregnant every time he bonds out. He’s a prince among men.  He evidently still hasn’t gone to trial. 

That's hilarious. I didn't catch the "Oxycontin" mistake the first time I read that comment by Ken, but I was laughing that he would dare compare birthing a human to playing football.

God have mercy, these people have a megachurch online with over 80,000 "members" following the preaching.

THAT is why this egregious error must be pointed out and eliminated.

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

At least my mom didn't say this as she went back to school and became a nurse after she decided that her SAHM days were over once we were all in school and she found herself climbing the walls just being alone.  However, I got some grief from my MIL about working as she thought once Mr. No and I married, I would do the same thing as she did and stay at home.   Wives stayed at home.  They were not supposed to be out in the world working or whatever. She absolutely could not understand my working or going to school or traveling on my own and still doesn't.   She still thinks that at some point I will quit work and stay at home never mind that at my age I am not going to do so unless I get too sick or win the lottery.  

Ken seems to kind of panic any time someone refers to women's strength or suffering - also when anybody talks about how hard women work. He's that annoying person who always has to one-up anybody when it comes to these things. 

"Nyuhh-Uhh! I'm strong too! I could have a hundred babies!!  I can take pain!! Men suffer too. We play sports!" 

He tries a little too hard to prove his manhood and it only makes him look weak and childish. 

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I don't think it makes you a terrible person. I hesitate to want kids because I HATE children screeching or screaming in my home (aka my safe place) or in general. It really sets me on edge. I've been tempted to leave restaurants because of it. Funny thing is, I don't normally judge the parents (okay sometimes I do) because life happens. It's just the freaking noise. 

Today I subbed third grade on Friday of homecoming. Spent an hour at the homecoming parade helping the other three teachers corral about 72 screaming, chanting and over-excited 8-9 year olds. Fun times. 

Glad for your sake you were not there. :laughing-rollingyellow:

We got to walk at the end of the parade. Even more fun as they lost their minds and with them the ability to watch where they were going. The amused looks of the parents watching were clearly of the "better you than me" variety and made me laugh. 

I assume if we asked Lori, she would explain that all of that homecoming fun was some sort of satanic ritual??? 

@Kenwould have washed out of basic training. His sons would have washed out of basic training. He likes to brag that he's so manly because he plays basketball and his sons are manly because they played sports, but that means piss all when it comes down to pulling up your big boy britches and signing on the dotted line.

And he can fuck right off with comparing birthing a baby to playing football. Does he realize that there is a shitload of uncomfortableness even before labor? Anyone ever deal with a baby foot in a rib cage for a week or two? Heartburn? Non stop puking?

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@Kenwould have washed out of basic training. His sons would have washed out of basic training. He likes to brag that he's so manly because he plays basketball and his sons are manly because they played sports, but that means piss all when it comes down to pulling up your big boy britches and signing on the dotted line.

And he can fuck right off with comparing birthing a baby to playing football. Does he realize that there is a shitload of uncomfortableness even before labor? Anyone ever deal with a baby foot in a rib cage for a week or two? Heartburn? Non stop puking?

Ken doesn't have enough gonads to even TRY boot camp. Neither do his sons. 

Birthing babies? Hey Kenny boy, try an unmedicated Pitocin induction or passing something the size of a cantelope out of your weenie. 

My friend, mother of 5, told her husband it would be like shoving a ham out his asshole.

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I still remember that fangirl a year or two ago who barely had money and food after her husband got his allowance for soda and chew. She posted a picture of her almost empty fridge and Lori never responded to her.  

I don't know anything about that fangirl, but that whole situation disgusts me. That is abuse! Financial abuse at the very least. What kind of "man" puts his wants first, before his family's needs? We've been dirt poor. Many times. But you don't, ever, under any circumstances, put wants before needs. And I can't think of any single circumstance when soda and chew is a need, rather than a want. I'm really hoping that fangirl didn't have children, because then it's not just financial abuse, but it's child abuse too. Staying with men like this is never the solution.

13 hours ago, Liza said:

https://thetransformedwife.com/women-never-tell-lies/  

Congratulations, Lori.  You have managed, in ONE post, to express your anger and hate of yet another woman, but more importantly we know what you think about the following issues.

Lori says:

“As I pointed out the lies that Rachel Hollis wrote, I am going to point out the lies that Jen Hatmaker wrote.  Here is what Jen Hatmaker is guilty of.

Her working faith ethic “Names, repents from, resists, and actively fights white supremacy in all its forms, structures, systems, language, and evil practices

Actively resists children being held in detainment apart from their parents at the border as a wicked, punitive, unconscionable political strategy.”

“Refuses to accept the dehumanization of immigrants, refugees, Muslims, Mexicans, and brown and black bodies everywhere.” 

“Affirms the LGBTQ community, defends their rights, and cherishes their humanity.” So she is affirming, defending, and cherishing activity that God condemns

“Believes we have a better story to write together than the divided, contentious, fear-based example we see in culture right now. We can do better. We are better than this.” Our job as believers in Jesus Christ isn’t to right all wrongs in our culture. There’s no biblical command to do this.

"Listen to strong, male Bible teachers, dear women, like Michael Pearl and John MacArthur. Michael Pearl is actually my favorite because he doesn’t water down any of the word of God no matter how unpopular it is in our culture. I want to be this kind of older woman who teaches younger women biblical womanhood. I never want to water down the truth of God to become more popular.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori,  I find your views ugly on so many levels. 

I don't follow Jen Hatmaker, I do know who she is and I think she seems to make a lot of sense.  At least now, I became aware of her when she started changing her stance on issues such as LGBTQ rights, etc.  I'm not about to go to Lori's site and subject myself to her filth, but I would tell her that Jen Hatmaker is so much smarter, nicer, truly Christian, nicer, everything Lori isn't.  Yes, I said nicer twice.  On purpose.

Does anyone know if this is a true stat? The link goes to a law firm site, where the lawyer describes himself as a "aggressive personal injury" lawyer, so....2001152544_ScreenShot2018-10-05at6_57_19PM.thumb.png.161034cfedfc1cf84fed9924e79bde4b.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived