IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

Religious people might actually do well to fear church-based daycares and preschools.  In many states they are exempt from regulation, and there are quite a few abusers and even people who have had children nearly killed (or actually killed) in their care just set up shop in the next state or even just the next municipality and claim to be a religious/church preschool to avoid any kind of oversight.

Reveal has done some good podcasts about church day cares and lack of regulations in some states.

https://www.revealnews.org/topic/day-care/

2 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

OT: I went to a conference on Thursday aimed at professional women who left the workforce to raise kids or care for parents or climb K2 and now want to "relaunch."  In the opening remarks, the speaker had a powerpoint that showed 100% of the attendees had Bachelors degrees, about a quarter had a law degree or MBA, about 15 % had a combined post-grad degree (JD/MBA, MBA/CPA etc.)  and a few others had various Masters degrees.  Plus the conference was held at Columbia Univ. - a fairly brainy place full of brainy people to begin with.  Several financial firms and other companies have implemented "returnships" - similar to internships where they hire you, get you up to speed, mentor you etc.  

Lori would have Lost.Her.Shit.

I bet that was an interesting conference and I wish something like that would have been around for me a few years ago. I worked, stayed home for 10 years after my second was born, then had a difficult time trying to get back into a full-time job when I started looking again. I thought my MSW degree and continued relevant training and volunteer experience would help me get back into social work, but I spent five years trying to get something with no success, even with my connections to people in the places I was applying.

I've talked to many women who have difficulties getting back into full-time work after being home with children for an extended period of time. To suggest that women who go back to work (or remain working) while they have children at home are unloving mothers is ludicrous. Today's reality is that most need the income or the health insurance or the ability to save for retirement.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Yes. I'm aware. And I was saying that I find the lack of regulation of church or religious centers in some states appalling. Then I shared the regulation requirements in my state. 

Cool, it just wasn't explicit that you were only talking about your state. I was being pedantic. A friend of mine is currently looking into requirements for home day care here, she related some of them to me but I wasn't interested enough to remember them.

22 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

When I worked in daycares, we had to report every single injury of any kind. A kid bites another kid, if hit each other and any bruise or cut results, if a child got a cut or scrap on the playground, had a kid manage to hit their face on the door hinge once, all reported. All accredited childcare centers get regular inspections and have to show they are following standards and laws, so yeah, not sure on the high rates of abuse in daycares. People tend to work in daycares because they like kids and are quite protective, at least in my experience, of the children in their care. I would bet the general population of parents and relatives caring for children would have much higher rates of abuse and neglect for sure.

I would most certainly trust a childcare center to watch my kids over Lori or her fangirls any day. Without question. 

I didn't make myself clear.  I know that there are injuries, kids bite each other and so forth and sometimes bad things do happen.  I was just wondering if the specific group that Lori named is real.  Because I can easily see her making up facts or deliberately misinterpreting things, and this would be one she would likely use to convince working moms that they should be home with their children.  It's been a long time since I needed daycare and I don't remember what the name of the board(s) was/were that regulated daycare.  I did the research but it's been a long time.

22 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My husband warned my son that BCT was a head game. Son rolled on through. DI got up in his face and was screaming at him and son looked at him like "are you done yet? STFU". DI wanted to know why son wasn't reacting. Son told DI "my mama can make you cry". DI left him alone the rest of BCT. 

Mr. Briefly's father was a DI in the Army.  Unfortunately, he was not able to leave that "at work" and didn't realize that his children were not his recruits.  He wonders now why none of his children are close to him.

@feministxtian I think it's funny (in a very good way) that our son said that!

8 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

Religious people might actually do well to fear church-based daycares and preschools.  In many states they are exempt from regulation, and there are quite a few abusers and even people who have had children nearly killed (or actually killed) in their care just set up shop in the next state or even just the next municipality and claim to be a religious/church preschool to avoid any kind of oversight.

My daughter went to both.  They are regulated, daycare especially is treated just the same as a non-church-based daycare.  Same thing at the Christian private school we sent her to for elementary.  The only actual abuser that has come to light was in a public school that she attended - it actually turned out to be a teacher who was the father of one of her friends from 6th or 7th grade.  She was not one of his victims, she just used to be friends with the daughter. So, respectfully, I have to disagree with you on this one.

11 minutes ago, Briefly said:

@feministxtian I think it's funny (in a very good way) that our son said that!

He's not right in the head :) He has that same twisted look on life that the rest of the family does. He's kind of a jerk, thinks he's so tough but he's full of shit. He's like an M&M: tough coating, mushy insides. Will get to see him in December, can't wait. 

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I didn't make myself clear.  I know that there are injuries, kids bite each other and so forth and sometimes bad things do happen.  I was just wondering if the specific group that Lori named is real.  Because I can easily see her making up facts or deliberately misinterpreting things, and this would be one she would likely use to convince working moms that they should be home with their children.  It's been a long time since I needed daycare and I don't remember what the name of the board(s) was/were that regulated daycare.  I did the research but it's been a long time.

The group is real, but she is misinterpreting the facts. The quotes are talking about the total amount of CPS reports taken and the number of children involved in CPS reports. It has nothing to do with childcare centers at all. Unless she's trying to say daycare and childcare centers are the cause of CPS reports since nearly all are mandatory reporters (I know all the places I worked we were). If you keep your babies at home away from most other adults then no one knows or can report you for smacking your crawling 6-month-old with plumbing line. Otherwise, am lost on her point there. 

Here's a list of regulating agencies https://childcareta.acf.hhs.gov/licensing for anyone curious. 

My history lesson for Lori today.  A man with a quiverfull of children was blessed in Biblical times because it gave him more assets.  He had "workers", he had daughters to trade off to men three times their age, and it gave him resources to protect his lands.  The man also had this quiverfull of children by multiple women so that he could multiply as fast as possible.  Her statements show her ignorance of history and context. 

I know I'm preaching to the choir but she's so stupid, it galls me.  Ken doesn't have a quiverfull, therefore he is not blessed. Maybe he should dump her for a younger wife so he can continue to add "arrows" to his "quiver."

Instead of a new post, I'll answer @FullOfGravy here:  You have a good point.  She could then continue to increase her demands for things that keep her somewhat quiet.  I don't see her kids having a quiverfull.

21 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Maybe he should dump her for a younger wife so he can continue to add "arrows" to his "quiver."

He doesn't even have to dump her; just bring in a younger woman or two.  I'm sure since that's the Biblical thing to do, Lori would be all for it, and certainly wouldn't spend as much time and energy as possible making their lives miserable.

I love a clear distinction between the sexes even when it comes to straws! 

Bless her... :pb_rollseyes:

It's odd though.  In her most recent family picture, Lori is wearing a plaid green shirt.  Isn't that a man color?  What happened to a clear distinction between the sexes?!?!

pants.PNG.ac6fd8aa7ffa504842b24f1939a16759.PNG

Lori?  YOU wear pants!!!  

pants1.PNG.b4a61c240af479b575a3f36f8d43bf54.PNG

There...proof of the man shirt AND pants, all in one post.  I guess Lori wants to be a man.  She just doesn't love God and His PERFECT "ways".

45 minutes ago, Koala said:

Bless her... :pb_rollseyes:

It's odd though.  In her most recent family picture, Lori is wearing a plaid green shirt.  Isn't that a man color?  What happened to a clear distinction between the sexes?!?!

pants.PNG.ac6fd8aa7ffa504842b24f1939a16759.PNG

Lori?  YOU wear pants!!!  

pants1.PNG.b4a61c240af479b575a3f36f8d43bf54.PNG

There...proof of the man shirt AND pants, all in one post.  I guess Lori wants to be a man.  She just doesn't love God and His PERFECT "ways".

Apparently, pink has not “always been associated with females.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/278535/

"In the 18th century, it was perfectly masculine for a man to wear a pink silk suit with floral embroidery," says fashion scholar Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute Technology and author of several books on fashion.

Steele says pink was initially "considered slightly masculine as a diminutive of red," which was thought to be a "warlike" color.

thetransformedwife Every day, I make my husband and me a big glass of fresh lemon juice with some stevia. I bought these hard plastic straws on Amazon (they’re great!) but I would never give my husband a pink one! ? I give him a blue or green one. I just realized I did this, I guess, because pink has always been associated with females and I love a clear distinction between the sexes even when it comes to straws! ??

Oh, Lori, Lori you are so stupid. If you would do some google search you would find out that pink has NOT always been associated with females. For a long time babies and toddlers were wearing white dresses because white was easy to bleach and thus easy to keep clean. And the dresses were for both girls and boys.

Then colored clothes came and you could read this according color: in a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw’s Infants’ Department  “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” 

I have always loved this pic of Franklin Roosevelt (it´s a boy Lori! )
image.png.c603a3f53ed5eada78113153f363c987.png

Didn't California outlaw plastic straws? Or was that just for restaurants & bars? Just wondering, I mean it's not like law is an issue for the Mrs. She's above all that law business ya know.....

56 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Didn't California outlaw plastic straws? Or was that just for restaurants & bars? Just wondering, I mean it's not like law is an issue for the Mrs. She's above all that law business ya know.....

They sort of outlawed them in restaurants. You can still get a disposable straw upon request but they don't hand them out automatically. The only color I've gotten when dining out is the white with red stripe. Maybe because they're gender neutral? 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Apparently, pink has not “always been associated with females.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/278535/

"In the 18th century, it was perfectly masculine for a man to wear a pink silk suit with floral embroidery," says fashion scholar Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute Technology and author of several books on fashion.

Steele says pink was initially "considered slightly masculine as a diminutive of red," which was thought to be a "warlike" color.

A friend of mine who gets annoyed with gender reveal parties using pink or blue posted a similar article on Facebook some months back. 

When my maternal grandmother was dying one of my cousins suggested that all the granddaughters wear pink at the funeral because it was my grandma's favorite color and another cousin offered to make the grandsons pink boutineers to wear at the funeral. Some of my male cousins wore pink dress shirts or pink ties because they also wanted to honor grandma. Knowing cunt Lori, she would probably say it was wrong for my male cousins to wear pink.

There's something wrong with that woman. She seems to hate being a woman. Hapless, helpless, useless woman who hates being a woman and as a result feels the need to denigrate her own gender. She needs help

pants.PNG.ac6fd8aa7ffa504842b24f1939a16759.PNG.d87daf616ab7e322d570e212c0b93ba9.PNG

@Koala but teeecchhnicly....Lori didn't say this...And ya know.... her shirt is clearly feminine cut! And ya know...boobs. Small ones! Chaste ones! Just enough to show you're female, not huge & distracting. 

Man, yall know she's got a PhD is gaslighting & double talk!  Naturally, as long as she is wearing her makeup, talking like a dumbass, & smiling stupidly at her man, she can put on whatever she wants. Gah.... it's like you don't even read the blog......  

*insert crazy laugh emoji* 

My phone freezes every time I try to pull one from the list. 

I've always found Tasha Tudor something of a nut job. A woman dressing like and playing at living in the 19th century, while using 20th century conveniences. And lecturing us all about leading a simpler life.

Because life was so much better, so much simpler then.  So much simpler without indoor plumbing, vaccines, penicillin, sulfa drugs, modern surgery, etc, etc ..... and dare I say it ...... the cyber knife.

Uh. no, no, nope.  Give me modern medicine and sanitation any time.  I've had a couple things happen in my life that modern medicine fixed, but I'd have been dead in the 19th century, probably dead in the 1st half of the 20th too.

2 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

*insert crazy laugh emoji* 

My phone freezes every time I try to pull one from the list. 

Try typing a colon, then laugh. Like this without the space

: laugh 

It should give you some to choose from. One of my favorites is this one :pb_lol:. You can find it by typing this without the space. 

: lol

(My phone locks up too, sometimes. A kind FJer showed me this. :my_heart: )

I can't help but think it foolish to purposefully make life harder for ourselves by avoiding technology. It's arrogant and throws the gifts God has given others back in his face. Why would we deny those gifts and waste time doing things the hard way? I mean I'm struggling with that where I work. Where it would be most effective to use the technology at our disposal to create a database for all hospitals to access, the hospitals all use their own million different forms that have to be faxed to them. Huge waste of time and paper.

Anyways... Lori post about the history of feminism is shit. It's simply not accurate. If anything feminism made it easier for families to be together. Child labor laws, age of consent laws, improved female health care etc most likely helped create healthier families. You know Lori, that means less people dying. But man how I miss those good old days of dying at 35 or so, polio and other diseases, racism, abusive husband's, and no awful, unbiblical lady bloggers. 

I think I've figured it out.

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

There's something wrong with that woman. She seems to hate being a woman. Hapless, helpless, useless woman who hates being a woman and as a result feels the need to denigrate her own gender. She needs help

Lori portrays women as fragile, dumb, helpless things because that's what she is, and if ALL women are like that, then there is nothing wrong with Lori.

Nothing wrong with marrying a man for a paycheck.

Nothing wrong with sabotaging your birth control so you can stay home.

Nothing wrong with having so little common sense that you have to ask a big manly man what to do when there's a fire coming towards you.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

@Red Hair, Black Dress and @Sarah92 that's why I hate people talking about the good old time, where everything was so much better and simpler. I don't want to live that way where I had to heat water for hours to take a bath or doing the laundry takes the entire day. Where I work 12 hour shifts in a factory for a pittance or working sun up to sun down on a field. Where my husband can drink or gamble away all my money, beat me and my children up and I can do nothing about it, because we're in all but language his property. Where I'm crammed with 10 other persons in 2 tiny mold-infested rooms, having to share my bed with 2 siblings and we all have to share with our numerous neighbours 1 toilet in the tiny inner yard of the tennement. In the old times my mother would have died bleeding out after giving birth to me, but thanks to modern medicine, she survived easely. I would have died at 6 of appendicitis, but I got surgery. And while I really love seeing these gorgeous period dresses, no way would I want to wear 10 to 20 lb or more of clothing and be comfortable with it.

I can't even today with her post. Seriously? Lori's going to tackle sexual abuse when Ken has come out himself and said that it is no big deal in big families.

These two make my head explode.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, Briefly said:

My daughter went to both.  They are regulated, daycare especially is treated just the same as a non-church-based daycare.  Same thing at the Christian private school we sent her to for elementary.  The only actual abuser that has come to light was in a public school that she attended - it actually turned out to be a teacher who was the father of one of her friends from 6th or 7th grade.  She was not one of his victims, she just used to be friends with the daughter. So, respectfully, I have to disagree with you on this one.

That may be true for your state, but it is not true in all.  You can disagree with me all you like, but here are some relevant statutes from some of the states that permit this own websites.  

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/child_care/unlicensed/recdc/index.cgi

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/religious-exemption

https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/2736.htm

https://www.childcareservices.org/families/fs/finding/options-and-regulations/

Also of interest (though it's old, and due to notable cases of abuse/murder/neglect exemptions have been disallowed in some since this document was prepared):  http://georgiavoices.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/AG_faith_based_exemptions_063011_FINAL.pdf

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I can't help but think it foolish to purposefully make life harder for ourselves by avoiding technology. It's arrogant and throws the gifts God has given others back in his face. Why would we deny those gifts and waste time doing things the hard way? I mean I'm struggling with that where I work. Where it would be most effective to use the technology at our disposal to create a database for all hospitals to access, the hospitals all use their own million different forms that have to be faxed to them. Huge waste of time and paper.

Anyways... Lori post about the history of feminism is shit. It's simply not accurate. If anything feminism made it easier for families to be together. Child labor laws, age of consent laws, improved female health care etc most likely helped create healthier families. You know Lori, that means less people dying. But man how I miss those good old days of dying at 35 or so, polio and other diseases, racism, abusive husband's, and no awful, unbiblical lady bloggers. 

Quite a while ago, I read an article about Tasha Tudor. At least one of her kids was alienated, I think, disillusioned at her chosen lifestyle and rules. I had been charmed by her art (especially the “Becky” books), but the article made me pity her kids.

8 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I think I've figured it out.

Lori portrays women as fragile, dumb, helpless things because that's what she is, and if ALL women are like that, then there is nothing wrong with Lori.

Nothing wrong with marrying a man for a paycheck.

Nothing wrong with sabotaging your birth control so you can stay home.

Nothing wrong with having so little common sense that you have to ask a big manly man what to do when there's a fire coming towards you.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Only because Lori would keep a psychiatrist busy for years. I still don't get that marrying for a paycheck thing...I mean, if you want good $$, get an education and work for that $$. Men are easy come and easy go, but a well paying job (or the ability to get one) is forever. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived