IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

God's commands are simple: Love God and love they neighbor as thyself.

Lori's commands are simple too: Do as Lori says (no matter how contradictory), and gossip online about anyone who doesn't.

What will she do without Facebook for a while? Learn to make a new type of soup? Spend time with her grandchildren? Help her family, who are likely still dealing with her mother's death? Volunteer at a shelter or food bank, to help people in need? Get a hobby?

Nope. Most likely she'll do her best to "go viral" with a blog or insta post about how persecuted she is, all while lining up tons of even more controversial posts to put up later. I'm betting she's going to try to spin this "Facebook persecution" into a news article or something. Maybe she'll be the next distraction on Faux News while they try to pretend our government isn't run by incompetent racist rapist toddlers.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color me shocked that today's post wasn't a whining fit about the great persecution she's enduring.

The only thing I can figure, is that what was posted was something she's had typed up for a while, and she's in a corner somewhere, shaking with rage.

I think it's hilarious that Lori is in FB jail. She silences all opposition, and all reasonable discussion,  on her FB page, so FB temporarily silencing her is poetic justice. Of course she's going to be martyrbating like there's no tomorrow.  And she really shouldn't question the wisdom of the (presumably at least some) men who made the decision. Aren't women supposed to suffer in silence according to the Book of Lori? 

Here's what I found about facebook jail:

Facebook Jail

1. Purposely ignoring someone. Not responding to their messages, posts or likes for whatever reason. 
Can also mean blocking them.

2. Facebook itself blocking you due to something you've either posted, words you've used or for harassment of another user. 
This is the order you usually get put in Facebook Jail for: 
24 hrs 
48 hrs 
72 hrs 
3 days 
7 days 
14 days 
30 days 
Then if you just don't get the hint, Facebook will eventually permanently delete your profile. 
Once FB begins throwing you in jail for WEEKS at a time....*then* the index in their computer system takes over and begins searching every post you've EVER made ANYWHERE on FB. 
At this point your days are numbered because even if you 'behave' & refrain from naughty posts, when FB finds something..... and they will....you'll be in my shoes, lol. 
#RIPprofile 
That's why you see so many 2nd acct's popping up.

Being sent to or throw in Facebook Jail usually required someone reporting you for the above reasons in the second definition. Facebook would check it & if it was a violation they'd block you (FB Jail) 
But after you've done a few stints in Jail due to being reported, Facebook itself now uses a HUGE index to sift through your profile as far back as when you created it, looking for words you aren't allowed to use anymore or memes they deem over the top. 
How do I know all of this? I'm currently doing time on a 30 day stint, lol. The sad part? It was for something I said months ago!

So since this is a first offense is she just in there 24 hrs? I agree with @Koala

that today's post was pre-written and that are still crafting the whopper persecution one.

I finally found the exchange between Ken and Jeff where they argue about The Hallmark Channel. Wow, am I glad I saw that because I SEVERELY needed a good laugh last night. 

Does it get any better? Two grown men (one with a Master's Degree) arguing over....a television channel??

It's like two eight-year-old boys arguing over whether Batman is better than Spiderman. 

"Batman was the best movie EVER!"

"Nyuh-uh! Spiderman is the best!  He has the webs and his SPIDEY SENSES!"

"Spiderman doesn't have a cool car. The Bat Mobile makes him the best. And you're a poopy head."

"You're a doo-doo face and I'm going to use my powerfuls webs on you!" 

Seriously @Ken, is there anything you WON'T argue about? 

Oh, also, it reminds me of the time my kids argued over who OWNED the Lucky Charms in our pantry. Good times. 

I think Ken believes he is always right and that it his mission on earth to correct other people. He has all the words and will trot out his great walls of text at any opportunity. He mistakes other people’s exhaustion and boredom as agreement. He has spent his adult life with an idiot for a wife and now thinks he is brilliant. He isn’t.

13 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I think Ken believes he is always right and that it his mission on earth to correct other people.

runs in the family....

Me: Cackles repeatedly over Lori doin time in FB jail. 

Boyfriend: you are supposed to pray for her

Me: She's evil. Besides I'm not a Christian I can do whatever the fuck I want! 

Boyfriend:  Laughs and laughs  because he likes me just the way I am. And yes, he's a Christian.  

12 hours ago, Loveday said:

Her FB page will remain up even though she's in FB 'jail.' She just can't post or comment on it for awhile. Others can continue to comment on old posts, though.

And apparently she can't even delete anything now, so any  comments made while she's in jail will remain for the duration. 

:shifty-kitty:  :techie-typing:  :whistle: :angelic-sunshine:

Lol I'd say it might be time to send out the forces to wreck a little havoc in the comment section then lol. 

And Lori's message isn't anything new, she teaches some things similar to John Piper. She just does it in such a hateful way. But seriously, when I get off work I might just have to drink a glass of wine in celebration. Because this is monumental because people have been trying for so long. 

Idk maybe she should trust that God doesn't want her to speak anymore. I mean maybe it's a sign? God's gotta be getting real tired of all her antics. 

47 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lol I'd say it might be time to send out the forces to wreck a little havoc in the comment section then lol. 

And Lori's message isn't anything new, she teaches some things similar to John Piper. She just does it in such a hateful way. But seriously, when I get off work I might just have to drink a glass of wine in celebration. Because this is monumental because people have been trying for so long. 

Idk maybe she should trust that God doesn't want her to speak anymore. I mean maybe it's a sign? God's gotta be getting real tired of all her antics. 

Her message is pretty standard for a lot of the evangelical world. But most people dress it up to sound prettier. 

There's something I keep meaning to ask but I'm never sure exactly where the question fits.  This isn't strictly a Lori thing, it's repeated throughout fundie-dom.

Why are they so vehemently afraid of the world populations thinning out and ultimately ending?  Is it strictly an "outbreed the Muslims/brown people/Jews/Asians/etc" cleverly disguised as "God said procreate so we must keep the world populated" thing?  Or are some really afraid of us dying out as a species?  If the latter is true for any one why fear it?  Either you won't be here to see the decline or your progeny will be in whatever heaven you've established.  Isn't that the point of life?  To get back to the maker? 

I really don't get the fear.

37 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

There's something I keep meaning to ask but I'm never sure exactly where the question fits.  This isn't strictly a Lori thing, it's repeated throughout fundie-dom.

Why are they so vehemently afraid of the world populations thinning out and ultimately ending?  Is it strictly an "outbreed the Muslims/brown people/Jews/Asians/etc" cleverly disguised as "God said procreate so we must keep the world populated" thing?  Or are some really afraid of us dying out as a species?  If the latter is true for any one why fear it?  Either you won't be here to see the decline or your progeny will be in whatever heaven you've established.  Isn't that the point of life?  To get back to the maker? 

They are afraid of becoming a minority. They want to outbreed the "great unwashed masses". Their main targets of hate are Muslims. I think it's more of that they're afraid if they become a minority, they'll be treated the same way other minorities have historically treated. They're afraid of losing their privilege. I think it's bullshit and I honestly hope they get everything they deserve when they DO become the minority...but that's just me b/c I'm an angry, ugly-ass, enraged bitch. 

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

They are afraid of becoming a minority. They want to outbreed the "great unwashed masses". Their main targets of hate are Muslims. I think it's more of that they're afraid if they become a minority, they'll be treated the same way other minorities have historically treated. They're afraid of losing their privilege. I think it's bullshit and I honestly hope they get everything they deserve when they DO become the minority...but that's just me b/c I'm an angry, ugly-ass, enraged bitch. 

I've read several times that's in internal fear with men as well, they're afraid of women treating them the way they've treated women.  

I'd really love to know what they thought of all those hundreds of thousands of people who roamed the earth before Jesus' birth....Did God just send every single person to hell automatically?  How did their souls fair?  Or does that play in to the whole 6000 year old earth theory? 

Also I agree with you on the "I hope they get what's coming to them bit".  I often say I've got ugly ways :potstir: 

30 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I think the God they believe in is so vengeful, mean and fickle that they live their entire lives in fear. I think this effects Lori less than most, actually. Lori is convinced that whatever she does is Godly. Her followers, however... It's ungodly to work, the lord will provide. If you work outside the home you'll be going against god and go to hell. If your kids starve to death because you can't afford to feed them you'll go to hell. If god didn't provide, well, you must not have been godly enough and were hell-bound anyway. Your husband isn't following Lori's God's word? You're not submissive enough and therefore not right with god. 

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think the God they believe in is so vengeful, mean and fickle that they live their entire lives in fear. I think this effects Lori less than most, actually. Lori is convinced that whatever she does is Godly. Her followers, however... It's ungodly to work, the lord will provide. If you work outside the home you'll be going against god and go to hell. If your kids starve to death because you can't afford to feed them you'll go to hell. If god didn't provide, well, you must not have been godly enough and were hell-bound anyway. Your husband isn't following Lori's God's word? You're not submissive enough and therefore not right with god. 

Yeah I get that feel from her too.  She believes she is special because they haven't known hard times or whatever ill thing.  I'd venture to say she thinks her illnesses way back when were all due to her supposed wifely contentiousness and once she transformed herself she's all better.  (Well, if she doesn't believe that, then Ken probably does but would never utter it to her)  I can't fathom being that devoted to such a hateful deity.  

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I can't fathom being that devoted to such a hateful deity.

Neither can I. I've made no secret of being a Christian here, but the God I believe in is the very definition of LOVE. I don't think that God condemns people to hell. If God is love, then his mercy, grace and judgment are infused with that love. I'm not God. I don't know what happens. I think that's what bugs me about Lori (and other idiots). They presume to speak for the One who created the universe. Like, our finite minds can understand the infinite and perfect...umm...nope. 

I live my life a certain way. I do it not to try to win God's love and approval, I do it because I believe it's the right thing to do, and if I am loved infinitely, then I should try, as best I can, to do the same. 

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Neither can I. I've made no secret of being a Christian here, but the God I believe in is the very definition of LOVE. I don't think that God condemns people to hell. If God is love, then his mercy, grace and judgment are infused with that love. I'm not God. I don't know what happens. I think that's what bugs me about Lori (and other idiots). They presume to speak for the One who created the universe. Like, our finite minds can understand the infinite and perfect...umm...nope. 

I live my life a certain way. I do it not to try to win God's love and approval, I do it because I believe it's the right thing to do, and if I am loved infinitely, then I should try, as best I can, to do the same. 

I think that's an excellent way of looking at it all.  The vengeful God thing never did sit right with me.  

17 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Bless y'all butter in coffee people. I love me some coffee, but this would make me gag and die.

Butter is nothing more than churned cream!  I ran out of cream so used sweet butter once.  Not bad at all!

Butter tastes nothing like cream to me, that churning makes a difference! Plus, there is the greasiness factor. Not for me, but y'all have at it. I also cannot afford the calories or cholesterol.

Looks like reporting to facebook actually works. . . and that next time she lands in jail, it will be for longer. 

I will bet anything that she is going to complain about her "first amendment" rights being violated. I'm sure she has no idea what the first amendment protects.

22 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Looks like reporting to facebook actually works. . . and that next time she lands in jail, it will be for longer. 

I will bet anything that she is going to complain about her "first amendment" rights being violated. I'm sure she has no idea what the first amendment protects.

Neither do many of her ilk. They don't seem to get a few facts about "free speech".

1. The 1st amendment only protects you when you talk shit about the gov't

2. Private entities are not required to let you say anything you damn well please

3. Freedom to...does not mean freedom FROM consequences. 

Buncha dumb motherfuckers. Pretty fucking bad when this dumb, undereducated redneck can understand that over all these folks with fancy degrees. 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Neither do many of her ilk. They don't seem to get a few facts about "free speech".

And the right to speak does not include the right to have one's opinions rule other lives, or even to be considered important by others.  Dunno who it was that said something like you may have a right to speak, but I have the right to say 'that's fucking stupid.'  Lori confuses the freedom of others to say 'that's fucking stupid' with persecution.  She wouldn't last a day under real persecution.  :pb_rollseyes: 

You have the "right" to say stupid shit and I have the right to tell you it's stupid. 

Or as I tell other folks...your rights end where mine begin. 

Now if only throat punches were considered "free speech"...but there's that whole consequences thing....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived