IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Briefly said:

my mother used to make us sandwiches that were made with bread spread with a little butter and then sprinkled with a tiny bit of sugar.

We made these all time growing up, with squishy cheap white bread. Sometimes we used grape jelly instead of sugar. Fond memories.

I've had sugar sandwiches before, butter on saltines or Ritz crackers, buttered macaroni, but my favorite is probably popcorn dipped in softened butter.   I don't do that one much though.  Too much fat and calories and besides, my husband hates the smell of popcorn.

10 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

WTF did I just try to read??!! A whole lot of words but no sense. I have pretty decent reading comprehension but this just made my head hurt. 

Screenshot_20181003-124449.png

Can I just say that calling your children "seed" disgusts me beyond belief. Can you just call them kids? Thanks. 

Also? That salad is an insult to all salad everywhere. What rational person thinks that's ok? And yeah, I have no idea what she's trying to say. Something about how Godly she is.

I remember after my Mom discovered Gentle Spirit and Above Rubies, she said you were never supposed to call your kids "kids." She said kids are baby goats and babies are so much more precious than that and you have to call them children. 

All this talk of butter....funny butter story here. 

When I was in college (yeah, I know! Jezebel) my college boyfriend (ditto on the Jezebel) was a student ambassador of some sort. He was invited to some fancy banquet  with the University president and other student leaders and muckety-mucks.   The room was set up with all these nice round tables, china, crystal glasses, centerpieces, etc..You get the idea.  It was kind of a  big deal for most random college kids who were used to eating Raman for most meals  (we went to a state school).    The beautiful tables were already set up with baskets of rolls/bread....and he noticed a small dish of what he thought was pieces of cheese put there as an appetizer.  While they are all socializing before the dinner started (and they were all trying to act oh-so sophisticated) he picked up 2-3 pieces of this "cheese" and popped it in his mouth.

Everyone looked at him and wondered why he was eating straight up pats of butter (with his hands no less)....He immediately recognized his mistake and after swallowing a mouthful of butter, said "Digestive problems....I have to eat butter before each meal." And went on like nothing happened. 

Today the Godly Mentor says 'Jesus gave value and dignity to women.'  Although 'gave' isn't the word I would use (recognized? Accepted? Didn't feel the need to be a controlling adolescent man-child about?), I have to admit that though this stopped clock may not be right twice a day, this time Lori isn't 100% wrong.  The Biblical Jesus treated women not as toys to be played with, or slaves to be owned, but as human beings worthy of conversing with him.  

But for the sake of discussion let's just accept the statement that Jesus 'gave' value and dignity to women...I would have to follow that with 'and Paul took them away.'  

On 10/3/2018 at 8:21 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She has for sure. She was able to shut down the 2.0 page for a few weeks. The owner of that page reported Lori accused 2.0 of impersonating a celebrity or public figure (Lori), something like that. FB investigated and found no merit. 

lol Lori as celebrity. I would have loved to see Lori going into a bitch fit when FB told there was no merit.

19 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

and speaking of butter on things, I grew up on butter with saltine crackers. I still crave it every once in a while. 

omg, I did, too! It's oddly satisfying.

22 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Is that just a random slap of butter on a salad?? She has an almost idol like obsession with butter.. She "slathers" it on bread, puts globs of it in soup... just gross. Like it was mentioned before I can only imagine what her numbers look like..

20181003_125902.png

I agree with the earlier poster, that's butter on cooked greens, not on salad.  Slightly less gross.  But I still have to shake my head about it.  If you must put something on your cooked greens, a little splash of balsamic vinegar is the thing!  (if you've never tried it, it's an unexpectedly incredibly wonderful taste!)  

I don't understand the thought to add fat to veggies, and especially not in the form of butter.  And I'm not anti-indulgence, quite the opposite!  But I do believe in strategy and priorities:  when my ex-boyfriend grumbled because I stopped having an afternoon beer daily when he did, I had to explain "I would much rather have those 150 calories in the form of a brownie than in a beer!"

29 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I don't understand the thought to add fat to veggies, and especially not in the form of butter.  

Butter and Sazon on veggies is to DIE for!

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

I remember after my Mom discovered Gentle Spirit and Above Rubies, she said you were never supposed to call your kids "kids." She said kids are baby goats and babies are so much more precious than that and you have to call them children. 

I remember V***** from No Longer Quivering saying the same thing, although she called them "precious lambs."

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

Yeah, I had a friend who got caught up in that. My kids were/are kids, brats, pains in my ass, offspring, reasons I'm so tired/fat, money suckers, jerks, @$$holes (well, when they piss me off), tickets to the home for the bewildered...and those are the highlights. As you all know (I hope), I love my children beyond reason. They are truly the most interesting group of individuals I've had the pleasure of knowing. Funny, smart, talented, gorgeous, wonderful, and make this mama damn proud. 

16 hours ago, Briefly said:

I realize now that it was probably "broke food", but my mother used to make us sandwiches that were made with bread spread with a little butter and then sprinkled with a tiny bit of sugar.  

My great grandmother made this for us when we stayed at her house as small children.  It was usually just one slice of bread and, after she put the sugar on it, she'd draw a grid on it with her knife and say "Gotta make you some windows!"  We'd always ask for "bread, butter and sugar...with windows." 

When my brother was in the army, any time they were in the field, he'd set aside his slice of bread and butter, pull the sugar out of his coffee packet, and have bread, butter and sugar for his dessert. He loved it and said it was a nice way to think of home as he ate. 

I also ate bread and gravy for almost every Sunday supper when I was growing up- white bread covered with gracy left over from the big Sunday lunch. One day I picked my daughter up from her sitter's house and the sitter told me "She loved her bread and gravy for lunch."  I almost cried and said "You gave her bread and gravy? I have not had that in years. THANK YOU!" 

We ate bread with cinnamon and sugar as kids. Sometimes we'd put the mixture on toast and sometimes we'd bake the slices for a bit. It's very tasty! I like eating fresh baked bread with honey and butter. Growing up I refused to eat jelly but now I enjoy it with butter, but jelly and peanut butter is usually a no go texture wise for me. 

Also can Lori ever be polite while answering a simple question? Seriously always so defensive. And Lori that's essentially what you say when you say women are more easily deceived. What do you think the consequences of deception are? Good behavior? And I doubt women get sick because they're weaker. They probably get sick because they're busy taking care of other people who are sick. I'm sick now, probably because I work with children and I'm in public mental health located in a physicians office. Lots of germs. Also I'd say from my experience, men are more prone to injury. Stats Lori stats. 

image.png

Lori says this in the comment section on her blog:

"Women do not love by nature! God commands older women to teach young women to LOVE their husbands and children. He would not have commanded this if women naturally love."

Women don't naturally love their children? What? From the very moment I laid eyes on my daughter, I loved her. I loved her before she was ever born. Nobody told me to love her, it was innate. Love is in my nature, my whole life is defined by love. 

I know we talked about butter before and I didn't post this because it's expensive.  I can no longer refrain, it's the best butter in the world, bar none, and tastes fresh churned.  I think Amazon sells it for $5.99 for 8 oz. but my health food store sells it for $3.55.  Once you try this butter you will never go back to anything else(OK, that's a bit dramatic) but, seriously, it's to die for.  

It's hard to find, I live in a mid sized city and there is only one store that carries it.  I buy it for my friends because they sell out so fast. Not even Whole Fools carries it here.

600194184_ScreenShot2018-10-04at11_17_28AM.png.bad0f359182a8873ba9bd2a49f6025cc.png

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

"Women do not love by nature! God commands older women to teach young women to LOVE their husbands and children. He would not have commanded this if women naturally love."

Women don't naturally love their children? What? From the very moment I laid eyes on my daughter, I loved her. I loved her before she was ever born. Nobody told me to love her, it was innate. Love is in my nature, my whole life is defined by love. 

Lori does not naturally love anyone but herself, so she thinks other women can't love naturally either, and pulls Bible verses out of her ass to support her preconceived notion. 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Maybe she doesn't. I loved my kids before they were born. I was a blubbering mess the minute they were born (and I'm not a crier). I still adore my children, even when they've royally pissed me off. I fell in love with my husband within weeks of starting to date. I still adore the man. He's the strongest man I know. 21 years later I still think he hung the moon. 

My children? Oh my God...they are my life. They're grown now but if anybody fucks with them, they get me. My grandchildren? Crazy Nona at your service! Even the step=grand (by way of defining current relationship) that we got when my son married his wife. My son is planning to adopt her and then I won't be "Step Nona", I'll be "real Nona" I've never met her but I already love her. Heck, I have an Amazon list as long as your arm for ALL the grands. Nona promised she'd do little one's room when she got to the US. Nona has an overabundance of Disney Frozen stuff on her list. 

SMH...

*sighs* maybe when it says teach the how to love their husband it means, here's how you can interact with, respect, and care for him? The actually demonstration of love. Because sometimes we need help with relationship skills. I love my parents and siblings and no one taught me how to do that. But they did teach me how to be loving and kind.

6 hours ago, polecat said:

omg, I did, too! It's oddly satisfying.

I still eat buttered saltines when I have them!

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

If Lori Alexander truly believes this vile statement, she is inhuman. Nobody ever taught me to love, it is the most natural thing in the world! Logic fail. If anything, women love too much. This is another thing that proves how Lori sees everything based on her limited perspective. How do you teach someone to love anyway? She has probably never felt real love, she just pretends. Or maybe she is trying to go viral posting such and obviously untrue statement. If anything, men don't love by nature, even though Mr. SB is a very loving man. Why is she always ragging on women? When she is one! Women's love for their children keeps the species going. I'm about to break out in profanity, nobody makes me cuss like Lori. Her combination of hatefulness and stupidity is just too much sometimes.

I feel sorry for Lori, in a very bad way, if she thinks that women (or anyone for that matter) don't naturally love or that we have to be taught.  Especially when it comes to our children.  As others have said, I too loved my daughter fiercely from the second we knew she was on the way.  And I make sure she knows how much I love her and will always.  My mother and I had our issues at times, which were normal stuff, but I never had any doubt that she loved me.  Lori is missing so much if she honestly thinks that way.

One of the worst/best things to eat is white bread fried in fresh bacon fat.  It’s so good about once every 10 years or so.  I need to tell Bro Gary about it.

I despise Lori Alexander so I don’t visit this thread very often.  She stirs up desires that can’t be righteously fulfilled and they ain’t sexual.

Haven't been on the forum as often as I used to, but when I do, Lori stays the same. My father has not been doing well and am going to be moving again soon, so fun times right now. 

I have not heard that women are more prone to illness than men. She's going to need evidence of this. I've known a lot of teachers and nurses who are hardly ever sick, both female-dominated professions. My late grandmother was a nurse and had 4 children and until she developed cancer, my father cannot recall her hardly even having a cold, was never sick with anything. My sister works in a hospital and is rarely sick. Know those are just my experiences, but don't think that's unusual. I need proof of what she's saying because not buying it. 

Also, am I the only one who thinks her lunch needs something else. Perhaps a protein of some sort. Only fats are a big slab of butter and avocado, which are nice, but that portion looks small. Not a lot there. I don't know how she sustains if those are each meal with little to no snacks. No wonder she complains she's always feeling tired and sick. She tells everyone else who is unwell to get less and better so I'm gonna tell her to eat more and get away from the computer. Do a world of good for everyone. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived