IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I live my life a certain way. I do it not to try to win God's love and approval, I do it because I believe it's the right thing to do, and if I am loved infinitely, then I should try, as best I can, to do the same. 

I agree. I don't believe it's like punching a ticket....i do "A" to get "B"....that is where Lori/Ken's logic fails.  I believe God wants our motivation to be for better reasons...because as you say its the right thing to do.   That is true love and that is what we are called to be.   

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I agree. I don't believe it's like punching a ticket....i do "A" to get "B"....that is where Lori/Ken's logic fails.  I believe God wants our motivation to be for better reasons...because as you say its the right thing to do.   That is true love and that is what we are called to be.   

Everything is thought of as a transaction by these people. If I...whatever...then God owes me...

Look, God doesn't owe you a damn thing, neither does anyone else (well, that whole getting paid for working thing is different). Like, I'm not "nice" to my husband so he'll buy me, get me, treat me a certain way. I'm nice to him because well, first off, just be nice. Second, I love him. Third if I was only "nice" when he had money, I'd have the "right" to be a bitch on a regular basis. 

No, just do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not in hopes of a reward (isn't there something in the bible about that?)

Just in case Lori or @Ken need a reminder on what "free speech" actually means:

free_speech.png.afd79b072276eab65446367143d2c7e3.png

source

There've been times recently when I've been tempted to print a bunch of copies of this and just hand it out as needed.  In my case, with "1st Amendment" crossed out in favour of "Charter of Rights and Freedoms".

I would give my next paycheck for a picture of Lori trouncing through chicken shit per her blog advice today. 

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I would give my next paycheck for a picture of Lori trouncing through chicken shit per her blog advice today. 

I would give my next paycheck for the opportunity to throw a handful of chicken shit at Lori.

*Ignore the fact that I'm home full time.

951188711_ScreenShot2018-10-02at10_45_07PM.png.e62946d7fec2622a46907ea6b5b7ecdb.png

?Those strident loudmouths! Lori would never be that! I know she always inspires me to be a lady of elegance and grace.....

Elegance? Grace? Those are the last two words I would use to describe Lori Alexander!. Crass? Tasteless? Now you're talking.

11 hours ago, EowynW said:

Her message is pretty standard for a lot of the evangelical world. But most people dress it up to sound prettier. 

I have female friends that I have really good rapport with and they'd say something about women not being leaders because of "insert prettified sexism as told by evangelical leaders".  I'll strip away a lot of the bull shit language and flowery  phrases and I've just seen the lightbulb go on. Making feminists one day at a time lol

I think my favorite line was while on a date with a guy and he was starting to talk about women needing leaders and I point blank told him "women don't need leaders; they're aren't sheep  who need men to be shepards. The only shepard I need is Jesus". That lead to an awkward silence LOL. 

On the subject of freedom, I wonder how many conservatives Christians understand that if they want to refuse to sell cakes to gay couples that gay couples have the right to refuse them? Or atheists can refuse to sell them coffee? I feel like they'd cry persecution from a problem of their own making . On another note, people are free to say they intend to complete suicide but that doesn't mean I won't hospitalize them if I need to. Also the idiotic teens who've made it a trend to say they want to die really bugs me as a mandated reporter and counselor. Anyways free speech comes definitely comes with a price. 

10 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Butter is nothing more than churned cream!  I ran out of cream so used sweet butter once.  Not bad at all!

We used to put a large dollop of butter in our hot chocolate when on the trail. Of course it was 40 below and we were sleeping in tents so we needed the slow fat burn all night to keep us warm. One of my friends used to eat a stick of butter on those days.....I just couldn't do it. The thought of it makes me green.

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

Looks like reporting to facebook actually works. . . and that next time she lands in jail, it will be for longer. 

I will bet anything that she is going to complain about her "first amendment" rights being violated. I'm sure she has no idea what the first amendment protects.

I find this allways really funny. Everyone clicked on the "I read the terms and aggree" button on the end of making their profiles on facebook. In these terms are also their rules for hatespeech, rules for pictures, etc. If you don't like it, your problem, since facebook is a private playground and they make the house rules there. You don't like the rules, choose another social media or make your own. And I bet my ass that Lori allready reported a lot of people to facebook who disaggred with her.

And to all who want to trow chicken shit at her, can I join you? I will offer my dogs poop, to make it more wholesome and it will be allready bagged in the poop bags I use. The bags are by the way are pink with tiny hearts.

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And I bet my ass that Lori allready reported a lot of people to facebook who disaggred with her.

She has for sure. She was able to shut down the 2.0 page for a few weeks. The owner of that page reported Lori accused 2.0 of impersonating a celebrity or public figure (Lori), something like that. FB investigated and found no merit. 

19 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Butter is nothing more than churned cream!  I ran out of cream so used sweet butter once.  Not bad at all!

I have made my own butter several times and there is not much time between the whipped cream phase and the butter phase. I have used butter and coconut oil in my coffee before, but I have to blend it in my blender. I do not mind a good, unsalted butter in my coffee but normally just use cream because of time. Blending it takes a few more steps and a blender to wash. 

2 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I have made my own butter several times and there is not much time between the whipped cream phase and the butter phase. I have used butter and coconut oil in my coffee before, but I have to blend it in my blender. I do not mind a good, unsalted butter in my coffee but normally just use cream because of time. Blending it takes a few more steps and a blender to wash. 

I was whipping some cream for a dessert I made.  I walked away for a couple of seconds and came back to butter.  I learned really fast to NEVER walk away from cream being whipped.

Here we go again. She (or maybe Ken wrote the post today) continued to put responsibility for the fall on the woman.

OK, Eve was deceived by the serpent. At least she thought to tell the serpent what God said and question the situation.

The Bible says Adam just ate. There is no record of him questioning it. There's no record of him having a panic attack and saying, "Oh crap! What have you done?" when he saw she ate the fruit. Nope, he just ate too, like an idiot.

So no Lori, they were both responsible.

WTF did I just try to read??!! A whole lot of words but no sense. I have pretty decent reading comprehension but this just made my head hurt. 

Screenshot_20181003-124449.png

We used to put a large dollop of butter in our hot chocolate when on the trail. Of course it was 40 below and we were sleeping in tents so we needed the slow fat burn all night to keep us warm. One of my friends used to eat a stick of butter on those days.....I just couldn't do it. The thought of it makes me green.
I have eaten straight butter or butter on crackers or tortilla chips [emoji81][emoji81][emoji81]

Is that just a random slap of butter on a salad?? She has an almost idol like obsession with butter.. She "slathers" it on bread, puts globs of it in soup... just gross. Like it was mentioned before I can only imagine what her numbers look like..

20181003_125902.png

16 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Is that just a random slap of butter on a salad?? She has an almost idol like obsession with butter.. She "slathers" it on bread, puts globs of it in soup... just gross. Like it was mentioned before I can only imagine what her numbers look like..

20181003_125902.png

Butter as salat dressing, yummi ?

43 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

20181003_125902.png

Okay, this might be the weirdest -- and ickiest -- thing I have seen in a long time. 

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

She (or maybe Ken wrote the post today) continued to put responsibility for the fall on the woman

I think it was a sermon from John MacArthur...but she failed to use quotes or use any kind of notations so it's just one rambling mess...not sure where his thoughts leave off and hers begin.   Once again proving she learned nothing is school.

And not biblical at all...whatever it said....I tried, I really tried to follow along. 

Idk if it's a slab of butter on salad, it looks like it could be spinach? Some type of cooked greens?

and speaking of butter on things, I grew up on butter with saltine crackers. I still crave it every once in a while. 

Lastly, whatever she was trying to write,or quote, I couldn't understand either. Nor does what little I do understand line up with her theology. Women can't simultaneously be easily deceived and be expected to help raise the future godly generation almost singlehandedly. 

All of you talking about butter in coffee, that's nauseating, ewwwww!  :puke-huge:

But I hate coffee anyway, that's just me, so if you like it...well, enjoy!  :)  

See, Lori (since it's a pretty sure thing that you read here despite your 'headship' telling you not to), it's not that hard to dislike something without telling everyone else they can't have it either.  

5 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I have made my own butter several times and there is not much time between the whipped cream phase and the butter phase

Confession: I like my whipped cream on the verge of being butter. It's so rich and creamy on desserts but for some reason I can't get my mind around adding it to coffee. It just seems wrong. 

7 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

I have eaten straight butter or butter on crackers or tortilla chips emoji81.pngemoji81.pngemoji81.png

I realize now that it was probably "broke food", but my mother used to make us sandwiches that were made with bread spread with a little butter and then sprinkled with a tiny bit of sugar.  Also, sometimes chopped up pecans instead of sugar.  Also, we occasionally had crackers with butter spread on them as a snack.

Most Mexican restaurants in S. Texas when I was a kid used to have pats of butter on the table, and a knife.  When the chips came to the table, the idea was to spread the butter on the chips and then salt them.  And now I've made myself hungry.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived