IGNORED

Lori Alexander 55: God Frowns Upon Lying, Lori

Coconut Flan

I read once that women can be more prone to stress induced illnesses because they are expected to carry the majority of the emotional load of caring for EVERYTHING. Even when working full time. I can see that. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems men are more likely to be unintentionally injured and more likely to die of such injuries: 

https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/4/2/94

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222499/

The only information I can find on illnesses says that women do have more illness but suggests that lack of adequate healthcare or knowledge of women's health is a worldwide contributor to the disparity. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11729/

Yet women still have more longevity than men on average. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-is-life-expectancy-lo/

I would share with Lori, but I was blocked long ago. :)

Somebody slap me, please. I thought Lori's post on Jesus giving women dignity was OK, and she even gave a somewhat decent reply to someone. 

If anyone needs me I'll be in the prayer closet.

Screenshot_2018-10-04-20-01-36.png

27 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I have not heard that women are more prone to illness than men. She's going to need evidence of this. I've known a lot of teachers and nurses who are hardly ever sick, both female-dominated professions. My late grandmother was a nurse and had 4 children and until she developed cancer, my father cannot recall her hardly even having a cold, was never sick with anything. My sister works in a hospital and is rarely sick. Know those are just my experiences, but don't think that's unusual. I need proof of what she's saying because not buying it. 

I get sick about every 10 years. Even when children were wiping their noses across my thighs...Mom as tissue was REALLY popular when my kids were little. 

The real problem isn't that she is trying to say that women get sick more than men, it's that she is using the word infirm and infirmities - and suggesting that women are more prone to infirmities - because they are called "weaker vessels" in the Word.

The Word, however, makes no distinction between the infirmities Jesus took up for women, and the infirmities he took up for men.  It is the will of the Father that BOTH men and women be free from infirmities.   He doesn't "put" sickness of people; very clearly it is written that He gave Jesus to TAKE it off of people. 

God is not the author of infirmities for women (or men) for that matter, so she can take her old "Commentary of old" and stuff it.  It's wrong.  She needs to read the Word.  Without the "Commentary of Old".  

IF women are suffering with infirmities, the author is the liar, the thief and the destroyer...has nothing to do with being a woman, or with God and His "perfect design for women."

This kind of twisted and perverted exegesis keeps women WEAK in body, and WEAK in soul.

Disgusting.

In my family of origin, three males and three female, the males have all been long dead, one for 25 years (dad at 70), and two for 17 (brothers at 41 and 49). Of the three females, my mom just died this past Feb. at 91, and me and my sister are still going strong at 63 and 71. Definitely can't use my family history as evidence for women being weaker vessels or any of that crap.

14 hours ago, EowynW said:

I remember after my Mom discovered Gentle Spirit and Above Rubies, she said you were never supposed to call your kids "kids." She said kids are baby goats and babies are so much more precious than that and you have to call them children. 

EowynW, it amazes me how smart and strong you are, given the things you share about your mother. No offense intended, but you really got the brains in your family.

On women being the weaker, infirmed sex: I knew a woman from my old church who took her sister parasailing. This was her older sister who was at least 80 and she was probably late 70s. They were both very adventurous and would often go on trips. She was also one of the few people who stood with my family when our expastor went and attempted to drag us through the mud. She's still going strong. 

But with the way Lori goes on about the weakness of women and such you'd think we'd all be dead by now. 

Fuck me! Women can’t love? Lori really hates women, doesn’t she? What an asshole. She can go fuck herself.

17 hours ago, EowynW said:

I remember after my Mom discovered Gentle Spirit and Above Rubies, she said you were never supposed to call your kids "kids." She said kids are baby goats and babies are so much more precious than that and you have to call them children. 

Oh, that's where it came from! One of the ladies in our home church always doled out lectures if she heard anyone using the word "kid".

https://thetransformedwife.com/women-never-tell-lies/  

Congratulations, Lori.  You have managed, in ONE post, to express your anger and hate of yet another woman, but more importantly we know what you think about the following issues.

Lori says:

“As I pointed out the lies that Rachel Hollis wrote, I am going to point out the lies that Jen Hatmaker wrote.  Here is what Jen Hatmaker is guilty of.

Her working faith ethic “Names, repents from, resists, and actively fights white supremacy in all its forms, structures, systems, language, and evil practices

Actively resists children being held in detainment apart from their parents at the border as a wicked, punitive, unconscionable political strategy.”

“Refuses to accept the dehumanization of immigrants, refugees, Muslims, Mexicans, and brown and black bodies everywhere.” 

“Affirms the LGBTQ community, defends their rights, and cherishes their humanity.” So she is affirming, defending, and cherishing activity that God condemns

“Believes we have a better story to write together than the divided, contentious, fear-based example we see in culture right now. We can do better. We are better than this.” Our job as believers in Jesus Christ isn’t to right all wrongs in our culture. There’s no biblical command to do this.

"Listen to strong, male Bible teachers, dear women, like Michael Pearl and John MacArthur. Michael Pearl is actually my favorite because he doesn’t water down any of the word of God no matter how unpopular it is in our culture. I want to be this kind of older woman who teaches younger women biblical womanhood. I never want to water down the truth of God to become more popular.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori,  I find your views ugly on so many levels. 

Lori never saw the scripture saying God is Love. She doesn't understand concepts, needing a "command" for everything. Her heartless brand of fire and brimstone religion makes people not want to have anything to do with it. She is jealous of female writers and teachers who are more popular than her, so she tears them down. How about listening to Jesus? Fuck Michael Pearl and his abusive ass. Lori is so over the top that is seems like she is trolling. Biblical womanhood is bullshit, Lori Alexander is full of bullshit, and needs to go sit down somewhere and grow a heart. I truly cannot stand her smug hateful, idiotic ass.

Why is she so worried about what someone else believes or teaches?  We are all adults.  The only thing this shrew has taught me is that her brand of Christianity is not anything I want to associate with.  My brand says support each other, love others, be kind, follow the 10 commandments, and the Golden Rule.

I think I am only still a Christian because of Jen Hatmaker, Rachel Held Evans, and my wonderful, smart, strong, ethical, and kind female pastor. I honestly could not take one more second of the gospel according to wealthy white men. I believe God's kind of had it with them too. It seems that only women are speaking truth right now and I'm OK with that. Oh, and none of them have had to teach me to love my kids, Lori, but thanks! I'm not perfect but I've never had an issue loving them and they know it. 

Lori Alexander:

I was just with one of my grandbabies for my mother’s funeral and this eight month old granddaughter of mine who lives in another state didn’t want anything to do with me.

Sounds like a smart kid.

Lori: 

Don’t these mothers miss not seeing their children every day five days a week?

Uh...first of all, that sentence structure is a mess. Secondly, where are these boarding daycares that result in mothers not seeing their babies for five full days? 

I worked in daycares in college. I adored those children and absolutely cared about them being well cared for as did the majority of the people working in both the centers. People who didn't care about them got out quickly. Just like teaching, if you don't like kids, you're not going to stay for the money. Because the pay is terribly low. 

I'll let other people tackle everything else that is wrong with that post because my sinuses are a mess and I'm too tired. 

I feel like a terrible person admitting this but i would only be a Mom if I could have my kid(s) in child care atleast a couple days a week. I just cannot be a 24/7 Mom. I'm not built that way. 

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I feel like a terrible person admitting this but i would only be a Mom if I could have my kid(s) in child care atleast a couple days a week. I just cannot be a 24/7 Mom. I'm not built that way. 

That doesn't make you a terrible person.  You know yourself, there's nothing wrong with that.  Children are great, but they are constant and that constant pulls at a person, no matter how strong or how well put together.  They thrive well in environments where the stress is managed in the best way possible, so if it means they need some stimulation away from mom for a while, so be it.  

WRT Lori's inability to love anything:  what was her reasoning for the statement "women don't naturally love children"...did that come about strictly because she read a verse that said "love your children"?  She's assuming since it is written down, it HAD to be written down?  Some days I really wonder (hope) she's mentally deficient because I can't wrap my head around someone being this coldhearted....and I'm not the warmest chicken in the shed....

Among other things Lori says 'They can play freely when they need to play and cuddle with their mama when they want to cuddle.'  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same woman who handed her child over to a nanny for holding and cuddling?  Didn't Lori send her children to their rooms for hours in the afternoon because she needed her rest?  She didn't even practice what she preaches.  Hypocritical bitch. 

5 hours ago, Liza said:

From Lori: Our job as believers in Jesus Christ isn’t to right all wrongs in our culture. There’s no biblical command to do this.

Bullshit. The righting wrongs is in that whole "love one another" thing. 

Goddammit, I really don't need Lori's shit today. 

Wait...I thought she commands women to "obey God" and "be keepers at home" so that the wrongs of our culture of feminism (according to her understanding) may be "righted"...what am I missing here?  We're only supposed to "right the wrongs in our culture" that SHE authorizes, according to her perverse twisting of scripture?

I thought bringing all the wimminz home from the workforce and taking away their voting rights was her idea of "righting the wrongs in our culture"...doesn't she have some kind of fanatical idea that this will make our culture more "male friendly" and allow men to prosper again?

According to Lori, we're only to right the wrongs she endorses as wrong.

48 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Among other things Lori says 'They can play freely when they need to play and cuddle with their mama when they want to cuddle.'  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same woman who handed her child over to a nanny for holding and cuddling?  Didn't Lori send her children to their rooms for hours in the afternoon because she needed her rest?  She didn't even practice what she preaches.  Hypocritical bitch. 

Yep. She hardly ever practices what she preaches.

She had a relatively easy time raising her kids, because she handed them over to a nanny, stuck them in their rooms for hours, forced them to eat whatever she made for dinner that SHE wanted (they often begged Ken for what he'd made for himself, rather than Lori's Big Salad), and then beat them if they didn't obey the way she wanted. So, due to her limited brainpower, she thinks that all women will have it that easy if they stay home with their children. Don't forget, her children largely went to schools and also had plenty of classes outside of school - to get to professional level ballet as Alyssa apparently did takes many hours of classes a week. 

She can't fathom that other women may have twice as many kids as she did (because Lori used birth control, except when she sabotaged it to get pregnant against Ken's wishes), a fourth as much money as she did, no way to hire helpers, and children who have more needs than Lori's did. 

Lori's way is the ONLY way. According to Lori. She'll say it's "God's way" but it's not. It's hers. Not the way she DID things, at all. But the way she tells people to do things. 

I'd think she enjoyed seeing her followers suffer under her rules, if she wasn't so stupid.

8 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'd think she enjoyed seeing her followers suffer under her rules, if she wasn't so stupid.

I'm not entirely sure she doesn't enjoy it anyway.  Either that or she just doesn't give a damn.  

I'm just going to drop this here, Tiina has a point. 

9239487.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived