IGNORED

Maxwell 24: Juicing, Chiropracters, and Faux Insurance

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

What if I import a pizza cutter from Germany?

you might have to use Google Translate.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No description in that post. “Here’s the triple birthday party!!” yet zero details. I gather they had spaghetti and garlic bread, followed by Bible time. So really, just a regular day, except with the addition of presents. How boring. 

How many times have we looked at a Maxwell family photo and seen one or more women sitting on the floor (or standing) while all the men lounge in the comfy chairs?  This just irks me. I know, Chelsy might prefer the floor, but sitting like that with no back support, while pregnant, seems so uncomfortable. 

For all the fundie talk about husbands "laying down their lives" for their wives, we see very little respect or common courtesy out of these men. I mean, they can't even give up a chair!! 

My son is 27 and married. If he remained seated while a pregnant woman sat on the floor, he'd get the stink eye from me and bolt out of that chair right quick. But, I seriosuly doubt that would ever happen. He was taught to always offer his chair to anybody older than he and to any adult female. 

Just last week, we were at a family gathering and I was sitting in a straight back kitchen chair. My husband saw an easy chair available and said "Honey; do you want the comfy chair?"  So he took the hard chair and I kicked back like a Maxwell man. And I'm not even pregnant. 

I know I might be hung up on a minor thing; but the visual of this makes Steve and his sons look like a bunch of asses, in my opinion. 

IMG_1245.JPG

Maxwells, you could be making money off this pizza cutter idol you have created. A Maxwell-branded pizza cutter should appear on the website and include a "how-to" guide. Get on it, Steve. 

My guess is that Chelsy chose to sit on the floor with Abby. Even if none of the men offered her a chair (I'm sure at least John did) surely the other women did. Also, she's not that far along at that point so I'm sure she felt fine.

24 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

this makes Steve and his sons look like a bunch of asses,

Which they are. Or "are" based on how they are presented on the blog at any rate.

Today's post was too boring for snark.

20 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

Looking at the ice cream picture, I immediately focused on the flowers on the counter.  Is that a wine bottle?

Olive oil I think.

My guess is that Chelsy chose to sit on the floor with Abby. Even if none of the men offered her a chair (I'm sure at least John did) surely the other women did. Also, she's not that far along at that point so I'm sure she felt fine.
Sitting on the floor with the kids is probably more fun than whatever the maxwells 'converse' about anyway!

Elizabeth really looks like Danny. (I feel like I've made that remark before). 

Chelsy was four months along back then, and five months now. I feel like September is a lot closer to January than August is, which makes no sense. (OK, I'm blabbering now).

1 hour ago, Dru said:

Olive oil I think.

The bottle says First Taste, but I can’t read the rest on my phone. I tried looking it up, and got wine and beer, but your post helped. There is a shop in Leavenworth called First Taste Olive Oils & Vinegars, so you’re probably spot on; the bottle probably came from there. 

On 9/21/2018 at 2:42 PM, Alisamer said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Teri is probably a way better grandma than Lori Alexander is.

I agree but lowest bar to clear.  Ever.

I know so many people who were far better grandparents than parents I expect it.

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Planning to buy a wedding gift today--should I get a pizza cutter trio--one for pizza, one for lettuce, one for spaghetti? Should I provide instructions?

What are you trying to do?  Make an idol out of pizza cutters?  Don't you care where your friends will go when they die?

5 hours ago, Dru said:

You know what annoys me to no end with the birthday and Christmas posts? How Sarah will show people opening gifts but rarely says what the gift was. It blows my mind that she thinks she's some great author when she can't even write an engaging blog post. But of course Steve and Teri "shelter" her from negative comments so I suppose it's not entirely her fault.

After her attempt at autumnal imagery, I imagined myself finding her at Cafe Leavenworth, befriending her and offering some samples of different kinds of writing. Not even books—-just a few sheets of paper with a sampling of hows words can go together in different ways and without the word “amazing” on ANY of the pages. 

But now I’ve written here, Stevejah no doubt will limit her trips to beautiful downtown L-worth or ensure that she’s with two chaperones. “Be on the lookout for a fat old woman with dyed-red hair and the general attitude of a Trotskyite — or a garden-variety Methodist. She is a potential danger to me, Steve—um, I mean, a danger to my daughter. Yeah, that’s what I MEANT to say!”

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m more bothered by that damn bib on Drew! Argh! I hate those things on the big kids. I’m guessing they stuck him in the high chair because seats at the table were limited.

Do you think Mel and Nathan bib them like that at home, or is it a Maxwell Mothership rule?  My son will be 4 in November and if I tried to bib him and stick him in a high chair he'd pitch a fit!  

I'm 100% certain Anna Marie and Chris bib their kids as long as possible.

5 minutes ago, bluelady said:

Do you think Mel and Nathan bib them like that at home, or is it a Maxwell Mothership rule?  My son will be 4 in November and if I tried to bib him and stick him in a high chair he'd pitch a fit!  

I have the messiest 3.5 year old on the planet and I still wouldn’t put that rubber thing on him! If I’m that worried about his getting messy, I’ll just whip off his shirt. But even 4 year old boy nipples would probably cause Steve to weep ?

8 minutes ago, bluelady said:

If bibs were acceptable for adults I'd be able to buy white shirts.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If bibs were acceptable for adults I'd be able to buy white shirts.

I have been known to change before eating dinner if I'm wearing a white shirt. At my size it's always either "food in boobs" or "boobs in food", but either way ends up with stains. And if the shirt is low cut enough, getting undressed might include shaking crumbs out of certain places.

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

I have been known to change before eating dinner if I'm wearing a white shirt. At my size it's always either "food in boobs" or "boobs in food", but either way ends up with stains. And if the shirt is low cut enough, getting undressed might include shaking crumbs out of certain places.

You and me both!  One of my sisters is also a clumsy eater but much smaller on top, it's a family joke that she gets stains on her shoes and I get them on my boobs.

38 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

if the shirt is low cut enough, getting undressed might include shaking crumbs out of certain places.

I’ve done that before......

1 hour ago, bluelady said:

I’m more bothered by that damn bib on Drew! Argh! I hate those things on the big kids. I’m guessing they stuck him in the high chair because seats at the table were limited.

Thank you! I really do not understand this. Those bibs are for toddlers. He's way too big for that. The high chair--I agree probably they were out of other chairs. But the silly bib needs to GO AWAY. He's a big guy. There are Tide Sticks, a washing machine, etc to clean up any accidental spills. 

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

You all may think this is a totally weird suggestion but they do make adult bibs. Aprons! There are so many cute aprons these days that I would wear one at the table if I’m wearing a nice shirt I don’t want to mess up. 

Not that I recommend it for anyone posting here, but there really are adult bibs.  They have a big supply at the retirement center where my mother lives.  

:spaghetti:   

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived