IGNORED

Maxwell 24: Juicing, Chiropracters, and Faux Insurance

Coconut Flan

50 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

How do you cut up a pot of spaghetti with a pizza cutter? Scissors, or even 2 knives would work so much easier. To use a pizza cutter you would need to have the individual servings on a plate, right?

I'm assuming the cut up pasta is for the kids, why not just break it in the right sized pieces before cooking then you don't have to mess with it when it's unwieldy?  I assume they are using two pots for pasta for all those people anyway.

52 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

We have that (super cheap) Budding brand of lunch meat out here but I couldn't find any that said chipped beef.

I had the roast beef Budding at a friend's house as a kid and fell in love.  We didn't buy it and I refused to eat the stuff from the deli at the butcher or the grocery store.  My dad was thrilled.  /s

Now I want some but have no idea where they sell it.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the Maxgrands helping opening gifts and blowing out candles, let the birthday person do it!  The party is for them.  Oh that's right birthday parties make the birthday person self centered.

43 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm assuming the cut up pasta is for the kids, why not just break it in the right sized pieces before cooking then you don't have to mess with it when it's unwieldy?  I assume they are using two pots for pasta for all those people anyway.

As we've seen time and again these people over-complicate everything in an effort to fill their days with drudgery least anyone accidentally have fun, rest, or have an independent though.

5 minutes ago, Dru said:

As we've seen time and again these people over-complicate everything in an effort to fill their days with drudgery least anyone accidentally have fun, rest, or have an independent though.

You know when you look at the actions and the stated philosophy of Steve if you remove Jesus from the equation it's very much like mindfulness with Stoicism in some ways.  

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Back to the Maxgrands helping opening gifts and blowing out candles, let the birthday person do it! 

I can't imagine any adult giving a crap about being able to blow out their own candles...I let my kids do it when they were little and they turned out okay.

Blowing out candles is gross to me anyway and for some reason the misty spit of small children is less icky than that of adults.

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can't imagine any adult giving a crap about being able to blow out their own candles...I let my kids do it when they were little and they turned out okay.

i'm 100% behind this.  i always let my sister's kids "help me" blow out my candles.  when they were really little, i'd let then help unwrap my presents by having them tug on one corner of the paper.  it just made them happy to participate, and it was fun for me, too.  

1 minute ago, catlady said:

it just made them happy to participate, and it was fun for me, too.  

Exactly.  And for the Maxwell kids it will give them some happy memories to think about when they are cleaning ceiling fans in years to come.

And can we talk about ceiling fans for a second?  I have 7 ceiling fans in my house and I dust them every Saturday.  One person, a telescoping swiffer and it takes a few minutes a week.  Twice a year I wash the lighting fixture cover thingies and that's enough to keep us from living in ceiling fan squalor.  

Of all household tasks it's one of the easiest and least time consuming...how does it even warrant a mention?  

But due to FJ I think of Stevehova every time I weild my swiffer at the fans.  Thanks for that!

On 9/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

they do make adult bibs.

Common items in nursing homes or other places that cater to elderly and/or disabled populations. I hated seeing residents with food stains because aides were to lazy to use the bibs. They kne wto change my mom's clothing if it got soiled.

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

that's enough to keep us from living in ceiling fan squalor.  

I suppose I'm living in ceiling fan squalor, looking at dust up there right now. I'm going to tend to this today. I don't remove the glass fixtures though.

Good to "see" you, HNIB!

i am living in ceiling fan squalor.  i have two, and the blades are dusty.  i did clean the globes about a month ago.

1 hour ago, catlady said:

i am living in ceiling fan squalor.  i have two, and the blades are dusty.  i did clean the globes about a month ago.

Me too. I only have one ceiling fan but it's in a room with a 17' ceiling and I'm far too lazy to get the extension pole out regularly.

3 minutes ago, Dru said:

Me too. I only have one ceiling fan but it's in a room with a 17' ceiling and I'm far too lazy to get the extension pole out regularly.

I have one in the foyer that's crazy high and when one of the rakes broke I duct taped the handle to my extension swiffer and make my own ridiculous looking but works duster.

I have two ceiling fans in my apartment and I have cleaned them once. It’s always so hot to turn them off and get the extension swiffer out for 5 minutes to do it...I’m also rarely home due to work. 

Ok, I have issues....my fans are in bedrooms with seven-foot ceilings and I could reach them from the floor. Apparently my godlessness has led me down an unclean path.

8 minutes ago, catlady said:

Ok, I have issues....my fans are in bedrooms with seven-foot ceilings and I could reach them from the floor. Apparently my godlessness has led me down an unclean path.

Let's see....we'll need an additional test to be sure.

Please post your burrito recipe so we can evaluation the condition of your soul.

16 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I have two ceiling fans in my apartment and I have cleaned them once. It’s always so hot to turn them off and get the extension swiffer out for 5 minutes to do it...I’m also rarely home due to work. 

See what happens when we let women take jobs from men?  Societal collapse starts with ceiling fans.

Tsk tsk

We have FIVE ceiling fans in our home! I do love using them. But they get dusty. I only clean them like once a year at the most. The worst is the one in the kitchen. As you know, dust can stick better when there is cooking grease in the air. So I have to take the blades completely off to get them really clean. It’s a pain in my ass but a ceiling fan in the kitchen is just so handy. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We have FIVE ceiling fans in our home! I do love using them. But they get dusty. I only clean them like once a year at the most. The worst is the one in the kitchen. As you know, dust can stick better when there is cooking grease in the air. So I have to take the blades completely off to get them really clean. It’s a pain in my ass but a ceiling fan in the kitchen is just so handy. 

Have you tried just a spritz of Murphy's Oil Soap orange and a rag for your kitchen fan?  That's what I use when it needs more than just dusting and works well...but then I'm far too lazy to take my blades all the way out.

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Let's see....we'll need an additional test to be sure.

Please post your burrito recipe so we can evaluation the condition of your soul.

Hmmm. Burritos at my house are pretty much a soft shell taco:  well-seasoned ground beef, some (but not a lot of) refried beans, chopped tomato, lettuce (usually torn, not pizza-sliced), shredded cheese, and sour cream.  Sometimes we’ll get crazy and throw in some black olives. 

I’m going to hell in a hand basket, aren’t I?

29 minutes ago, catlady said:

Hmmm. Burritos at my house are pretty much a soft shell taco:  well-seasoned ground beef, some (but not a lot of) refried beans, chopped tomato, lettuce (usually torn, not pizza-sliced), shredded cheese, and sour cream.  Sometimes we’ll get crazy and throw in some black olives. 

Meat sealed your ticket to the handbasket.  Pack lightly, I hear it's hot where you're going.

The thread made me feel guilty.  I got out the Swiffers and took a minute to clean the nearest ceiling fan.  Big whoop, Maxwells.

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I assume they are using two pots for pasta for all those people anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily make that assumption ... 

I just looked up at my ceiling fans. Does that count for anything? I only have thred. One is in the void of WiseChild's room. I will clean it when she moves out. (Don't make me go in there.) The others are in the guest room and my bedroom. Guess which one gets cleaned. ?

2 hours ago, Kailash said:

I clean ceiling fans with a pillow case. Put the blade inside the case and dust from center out. Much less messy. 

That's what I do, too!

Also, at first I didn't see the comma in the title and thought the Maxwells were juicing chiropractors and faux Insurance and I was confused.  

The first time I ever saw bibs like that was when my youngest was a baby.  Had never seen those kind of bibs before that, so I'm assuming that's when they first came out.  They were portable snack bibs back then.  Not sure if something changed over the years because my youngest is 24.  But they weren't used to keep food off the clothes.  You put Cherrios, fruit, or whatever in them so the baby could pick up the food in the scoop tray and it occupied the baby while you were out and about.  It was nice if the baby was in the stroller or car seat.  The bibs weren't really used over the age of two, because by that time, the baby could feed himself better.  

4 hours ago, catlady said:

Make sure you go to the bathroom before you get there.  The bible says "damnation without relief" after all.

If you want small pasta, cook small pasta like shells or farfalle.  Spaghetti you wind around your fork with maybe the help of a spoon.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived