IGNORED

Maxwell 24: Juicing, Chiropracters, and Faux Insurance

Coconut Flan

Jesse’s post read & I agree: well-written. 

But fir the life of me I couldn’t imagine the “cross couloir” from his description. Thanks to St. Google, here we go:

Cool, indeed.

i used to like hiking and would’ve enjoyed the challenge of the hikes the Maxborg take, but it’s the only part of their lives I’d want.  If I had to take that as part and parcel of the whole package of their existence? Nope. Give me my dreary career outside-the-Home, freedom to discover life my own way life over theirs, any day.  

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Jesse so far seems the best writer of any of the children. You could tell he was a person who actually experienced what he wrote about instead of just captioning photos. It didn't have the robotic tone of so many Maxwell posts. Some of the phrasing is pretty normal for people his age.

Though it still needed to be edited before it was posted. It is not a book so I am not expecting book-level editing, but maybe another set of eyes would have prevent "to see the cross couloir with snow it."

40 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

So Jesse so far seems the best writer of any of the children. 

Little-known fact about Jesse for his next birthday post...

7 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Little-known fact about Jesse for his next birthday post...

She can't use it now.  Secret's out.

Yesterday, I was at a local small used bookstore with friends.  In the Christian/faith section, there was a copy of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts".  I picked it up, feigned interest, then re-shelved it in the science fiction section.

That is all.  :whistle:

17 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Jesse is a good writer, I enjoyed reading about that hike and why there wasn’t a photo of the cross. He’s very engaging and John is a good writer as well. I think it’s just Sarah who doesn’t have the knack for it or maybe she just doesn’t care enough to put effort into a role assigned to her when her passion is clearly making coffee. She should be a barista, she would move up fast. She’s also a good photographer. 

Chomping at the bit to add that Mary is a particularly abysmal writer. Her review of her Operation Christmas Child trip was one of the worst pieces of writing I’ve ever seen and that trip was to recognize her high school “graduation.” It was gloriously bad. 

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Yesterday, I was at a local small used bookstore with friends.  In the Christian/faith section, there was a copy of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts".  I picked it up, feigned interest, then re-shelved it in the science fiction section.

That is all.  :whistle:

Love your reshelving but I would’ve bought it and snarked for a while (maybe even here on FJ!) and then ... I don’t know what!  Too easy to say “lined a birdcage...”

ETA: @danvillebelle, would you be willing to share the babe & location if the store? A PM would be fine. “Danville” sounds familiar, maybe I could go and get the miserable tome!

Oh also — it occurred that PSarah May be MUA from the blog to tend to Ellie's Puppies. They are due about now, right?

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh also — it occurred that PSarah May be MUA from the blog to tend to Ellie's Puppies. They are due about now, right?

She's pushed it back to late fall according to her website.

Hmmm.   You know how f-l-u-I-d (read: manipulated) Maxwell timelines can be. 

Sweet - seriously - Ellie. I hope she and her litter survive well but that it’s her last. So unnecessary to bring more dogs into a world where there are already almost too many to be cared for properly! (My opinion and I won’t argue it.)

@MamaJunebug,  my dogs -Trinket, Chloe, Gwennie- and I all agree with you.  The dogs are all rescues and Trinket was a teenage mother.  When we adopted her, there was a dachshund mix puppyin the cage next to her with her chocolate dapple coloring.  It was her pup, I'm sure of it.  I think her puppy was one of the reasons that animal control was able to catch her.  She did not want to leave her baby.  We should have adopted them both.

4 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Chomping at the bit to add that Mary is a particularly abysmal writer. Her review of her Operation Christmas Child trip was one of the worst pieces of writing I’ve ever seen and that trip was to recognize her high school “graduation.” It was gloriously bad. 

Consider that her graduation was DELAYED .....

MamaJunebug - sorry, but I'd rather not say the name of the bookstore, and Danville is not where I live, it's a family history thing.  :)  No worries.  

I read the book when it came out many years ago.  You're not missing anything.  The upshot:  keep your children at home and allow them no outside friends without direct parental supervision at all times.

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

MamaJunebug - sorry, but I'd rather not say the name of the bookstore, and Danville is not where I live, it's a family history thing.  :)  No worries.  

I read the book when it came out many years ago.  You're not missing anything.  The upshot:  keep your children at home and allow them no outside friends without direct parental supervision at all times.

Totally understood! 

Anybody else getting ads for cream golden retriever puppies? *sigh*

On 9/29/2018 at 9:43 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Totally understood! 

Anybody else getting ads for cream golden retriever puppies? *sigh*

Nope, Ashley Madison here! And not on the Duggar threads, either.

Have they ever left a post up this long?

i want to believe that PSarah is yelling at her father, “Fine! If jesse’s writing is so superior to mine, let HIM do them all!!”

But I know it’s never gone happen that way....darn. 

@Black Aliss,  your post about the ads you're getting is funny in a what-the-fucky kind of way.  I just got ads for Dell Servers, Jeep Cherokees, LendingTree, and at the bottom, Amazon and VitaCost.  Usually I get ads for Chewy.

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do they normally delete them?

No — I should’ve written, “they haven’t posted a new entry in what seems to be a record-long time.”

On 9/27/2018 at 4:56 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Jesse’s post read & I agree: well-written. 

But fir the life of me I couldn’t imagine the “cross couloir” from his description. Thanks to St. Google, here we go:

Cool, indeed.

i used to like hiking and would’ve enjoyed the challenge of the hikes the Maxborg take, but it’s the only part of their lives I’d want.  If I had to take that as part and parcel of the whole package of their existence? Nope. Give me my dreary career outside-the-Home, freedom to discover life my own way life over theirs, any day.  

I live in a little old mining town next to the mountains the Maxborg hiked this summer. I hike them all the time but am an atheist, sarcastic, tattooed girl who likes beer and who likes to have pre marital sex with my mountain man pot smoking boyfriend. You can come hike with me and my friends anytime! We might be hellhound but we are way more fun!

58 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Have they ever left a post up this long?

i want to believe that PSarah is yelling at her father, “Fine! If jesse’s writing is so superior to mine, let HIM do them all!!”

But I know it’s never gone happen that way....darn. 

I mean, I kind of wish he would because Sarah's writing it just painful.

In other news, Calia is wearing leggings and a tunic. How positively non-Maxwell.

37 minutes ago, zee_four said:

I live in a little old mining town next to the mountains the Maxborg hiked this summer. I hike them all the time but am an atheist, sarcastic, tattooed girl who likes beer and who likes to have pre marital sex with my mountain man pot smoking boyfriend. You can come hike with me and my friends anytime! We might be hellhound but we are way more fun!

Long as I can bring my white wine and you don’t mind me sitting down every so often, I’m happily accepting your invitation!

OCC post up.

Then, the time for the fundraiser came, and Tina walked around with a box.

The Lord provided again for this year’s boxes! We are so grateful for the generosity of the family.

I love to see Anna and Mary’s hearts for the shoebox project, and they put a lot of time and effort into buying items on sale throughout the year.

So does this mean that Anna and Mary spend their own money buying a bunch of supplies, invite everyone over for a meal, and then ask them for cash or cheques so that they can replace the money THEY chose to spend?

Um, okay.  That's...an interesting way to treat your relatives.    

Jesse clearly loves mountain climbing, by his writing it is a passion, not just something his Father makes him do on trips to Colorado. He is also a reasonablt decent writer, atleast, hes more immaginative and interesting that his sisters. I hope Steve doesn't take either of these things away from him.

If Anna and Mary were allowed to put some of that energy into a job they'd earn far more than whatever they could "fundraise" there. 

They must know that right. Right? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived