IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I think she took down the post.  Anyone know why?

She did take it down and I also want to know why. I noticed that she was responding to individual comments about the products and box. 

What gives, Jilly Muffin? Did soliciting for subscription box purchases come too close to actual work? 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Now I actually want to do drunk recaps of movies/Bringing Up Bates. 

DO IT. It can be like Drunk History.

2 hours ago, finnlassie said:

FitFabFun isn't an MLM, but in the previous thread I made the comment of her being on her way to become a Hun and joining an MLM. So I guess that got to the thread title. I guess a more correct thread title would be "Now Closer to Multi-Level-Marketing"?

Oh dang! That’s my bad! I’d correct it, but I’m on my way to the airport and she’s deleted the post anyway. 

23 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She did take it down and I also want to know why. I noticed that she was responding to individual comments about the products and box. 

What gives, Jilly Muffin? Did soliciting for subscription box purchases come too close to actual work? 

Do you get something for promoting the box? A discount or money back if people sign up? 

Usually you get some sort of incentive for promoting, so I wonder if she made the post, got what she was after, and immediately deleted. 

I figured she would put much effort or time nto it. How quickly she deleted it tells me that. Why did she delete it for? 

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Probably Jill. I mean how long could she be without him? :P Or maybe he has to have an accountability partner. 

i have visions of her hiding in the library with the kids sitting in bean bag chairs 

13 hours ago, Buzzard said:

SO, when he's not asleep or in class he stands in the middle of library racks with his hands in his pockets like an idiot?  I guess taking a picture of himself reading a book or checking westlaw wouldnt be as obvious that he was in a LAW library.

No one is impressed, Dwreck.  

should i take pictures of myself while I blew the leaves today at my house :D

or perhaps while i load the dishwasher, I know, how about a picture of me washing my car, will ofjill care

8 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

The shorts are no better. 

That photo and his expression is too damn smug. The caption is even worse.

can we give him the name -- -please 

because i agree he is just too damn pleased with himself 

Y'know, he could have had a good social media angle about juggling law school and being a husband and father (a very relatable struggle for many people who choose to go back to school), but nope, he says fuck all about Jill and the boys and instantly reverts to his glory days of being a student. 

Derick, you CHOSE these responsibilities. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to marry Jill and have two kids with her. You could have continued bumming around Nepal finding more gullible, bored fundie sugar daddies to finance your White Boy Nomad lifestyle. You could have stayed single (or waited on kids after marrying Jill) and gone to law school after working at Wal-Mart for a while to build up a good nest egg to at least partially sustain you through three years of very expensive education. You could have at LEAST acknowledged the sacrifices your wife is making so you can flit between exorbitantly expensive attempts to relive your glory days before you had actual responsibilities. 

Jill deserves a subscription box full of a husband who actually appreciates her and acts like a goddamn grown man. 

@nastyhobbitses, I couldn't agree more, you just wrote it much better than I could do.

Derick's law school would have made much more sense if he had started it right after they came back from SCA, like a new more serious start after a life of missioncations. But no, he wanted to attent a year at Cross Church "Ministry School" doing... what? Harassing international students, missioncationing again in Mexico and on home soil, attending Cross Church events... all this in order to get a piece of paper worth of nothing that he even won't use for his future work, whatever it is. And now on to a new school that has nothing in common with his previous life and "work"! Why is he - a husband and a father-of-two - doing these random educations if he never even was going to use them for something? (yes, I know the answer like we all do, but this is the question I'd like to ask Derick himself)

I ofter wonder what Dan and Deena really think about Derick and his aimless wandering through random education in order to avoid real work. I don't know what Dan does these days after he quit his (apparently long time) job at the boy scouts, but I have understood he works a real job. Not sure about Deena who is about to give birth any day now, but I think she also has/had a real job.

Maybe FFF got a bunch of complaints for having an affiliate who has a husband who bullies teens on the internet and they made her take it down?

perhaps jill won't get pregant now until he graduates?  wishful thinking 

but if that does happen then he can parade around with his hands in his pocket smiling about no responsibilities because he has them and then some.? 

Serious question thoughts ? 

13 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Oh dang! That’s my bad! I’d correct it, but I’m on my way to the airport and she’s deleted the post anyway. 

Do you get something for promoting the box? A discount or money back if people sign up? 

Usually you get some sort of incentive for promoting, so I wonder if she made the post, got what she was after, and immediately deleted. 

Maybe she bought the box and decided to try promoting it in hopes of getting something back?

Pure speculation, but perhaps the company told her to take it down.

Wouldn't blame them if they don't want to be associated with the Dillards. 

Jill and OfJill haven't gotten much positive internet presence, quite the opposite.

Wonder if she took the FFF post down because she couldn’t handle reading all the mean things people wrote about her and her family? She would have to actually read the comments and respond to inquiries. 

At one point there was a member here who was a librarian at the UofA. I don't remember if she said which library she worked at. I don't know if she's still here since I don't remember her username, but if she has stopped following the Duggars seeing Derick pop up at her workplace would be an unpleasant surprise. :pb_lol:

13 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Yes.  She had a personalized link and it seemed like she was trying to be a "promoter."  Hopefully enough people contacted FFF and expressed that they dont need Duggars associated with their brand.

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

At one point there was a member here who was a librarian at the UofA. I don't remember if she said which library she worked at. I don't know if she's still here since I don't remember her username, but if she has stopped following the Duggars seeing Derick pop up at her workplace would be an unpleasant surprise. :pb_lol:

maybe she will pop back here and detail us and regale us with laughter that he uses different highlighters at 10 pm at night and that he eats tacos in the library. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

maybe she will pop back here and detail us and regale us with laughter that he uses different highlighters at 10 pm at night and that he eats tacos in the library. 

I want stories of Jill getting kicked out by causing a disruption --filming marketing videos in the stacks. Or trying to check out books as a non-student. 

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I want stories of Jill getting kicked out by causing a disruption --filming marketing videos in the stacks. Or trying to check out books as a non-student. 

or changing sam's diaper on a photocopier...and then running it to Derick in one of his classes and telling him he has to throw it out

all of a sudden i had another vision of jill and the kids living in the library in one of those rooms you can study in - with a walkie talkie and a one of those baby monitor cameras panned into derick's pants. 

3 hours ago, nst said:

perhaps jill won't get pregant now until he graduates?  wishful thinking 

I actually don't know what I think on this. I can't decide if I think Jill will get pregnant next year or not. The smart choice would be to wait, but Jill has never proven to be an intellect before... 

1 minute ago, viii said:

I actually don't know what I think on this. I can't decide if I think Jill will get pregnant next year or not. The smart choice would be to wait, but Jill has never proven to be an intellect before... 

It depends - does Dwreck get health insurance as a student through the school?  If so, then she will be pregnant ASAP.

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Derick, you CHOSE these responsibilities. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to marry Jill and have two kids with her. You could have continued bumming around Nepal finding more gullible, bored fundie sugar daddies to finance your White Boy Nomad lifestyle. You could have stayed single (or waited on kids after marrying Jill) and gone to law school after working at Wal-Mart for a while to build up a good nest egg to at least partially sustain you through three years of very expensive education. 

Exactly. Derick's only 29. I can understand wanting to travel around and not settle down yet. I can understand trying out some jobs and not finding the right fit or going back to grad school. I was similar at that age.

But, you don't get to do that once you decided to become a Christian patriarch with two kids and a dependent wife. He wants to have his cake and eat it to, and sorry buddy, but the adult world don't work like that.

He (unlike Jill) chose the Quiverfull life. He chose to enter into a system in which everyone in his family is dependent on him for food to eat and a roof over their heads. If he wasn't ready to settle down or didn't know what he wanted to do career-wise just yet, then he shouldn't have taken on the immense responsibility of a Quiverfull marriage. 

I don't get this dude or wth it is he wants. 

Yes, yes, and yes to all of the above about Derick. I was never impressed with his mission work in Nepal. I always thought it was to look and sound good for Jesus while using other people's hard earned money to backpack in an exotic location. 

1 hour ago, viii said:

right and how will this now affect his student status...and his endless selfies of him in the library. 

will he post one that includes the kids in library?  he is just as clueless as before 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It depends - does Dwreck get health insurance as a student through the school?  If so, then she will be pregnant ASAP.

i'm not sure if any health insurance coverage that he might have as a student would also cover his family.

Just now, PennySycamore said:

i'm not sure if any health insurance coverage that he might have as a student would also cover his family.

i just can't stand that selfie of him in the library. It's like so obnoxious and obvious 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived